Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

IcarusUpHigh posted:

Whilst we're talking about the dream that could've been, the one thing this game still has over so many others right now is a theme tune that absolutely blasts off into space. It's honestly being wasted on this project, it's such a great piece of music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poG3Wvb8FU8&t=90s

When it kicks of at 1min 30, argh, it's beautiful.

It's no Jerry Goldsmith, but it's perfectly fine for a space game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

They had to have citizen con in the US because they couldn't find a replacement coffin for Ortwin, filled with soil from his home town, to get him over the Atlantic in a plane again.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Hav posted:

A state machine is not an AI.

Especially not when the only state it has is broken

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
But I thought Chambers said this would be finished last year? Yet from this summary, it sounds like there’s tons of work still ahead... And THEN the hard work can begin.

Also:

Please sign up for Squadron updates... Please?!

Oh and please buy these discounted starter packs and this discounted shirt...

It’s been like 3 weeks since Chris has co-hosted, hasn’t it? Wonder what that crazy guy has been up to lately?

G0RF fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Apr 26, 2018

Neltharak
Jun 7, 2013

The worst part is, if this was an actual scam i'd understand. Roberts doesnt even understands he scams people.

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.

Neltharak posted:

The worst part is, if this was an actual scam i'd understand. Roberts doesnt even understands he scams people.

I suspect when the dust settles the really bad actors will be CIG high-rankers behind Chris and out of the limelight. Ortwin, the Elms brothers, or people at that level. Those who knew Chris was out of control but were happy to let him ramble whilst skimming hugely inflated salaries and bonuses off the funding.

Neltharak
Jun 7, 2013

This is Fag-1, reporting to you live from the devastation.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Loxbourne posted:

“...the really bad actors will be CIG high-rankers behind Chris and out of the limelight.”

I think you’re selling short one particularly high ranking bad actor who very much loves the limelight...

Frank_Leroux
Mar 24, 2018

G0RF posted:

It’s been like 3 weeks since Chris has co-hosted, hasn’t it? Wonder what that crazy guy has been up to lately?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Zzr posted:

They never learn. Whatever you write on your site, it doesn't overwrite the law.

Yes it does! You're obviously not an lawyer who work at a top 10 lawyer firm anyways.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

trucutru posted:

Yes it does! You're obviously not an lawyer who work at a top 10 lawyer firm anyways.

I have done law things at a fortune 100 company I'll have you know the mods have verified my credentials millions of times

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Neltharak posted:

He's been in Hollywood for how long?

I'd suggest that he has at least a contact grifter.

Not mine. Totally awesome.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
Ladies and gentlemen...

In under an hour and a half.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Bootcha posted:

Ladies and gentlemen...

:laffo:

Neltharak
Jun 7, 2013

Bootcha posted:

Ladies and gentlemen...

Oh lord yes.
:fap:

Frank_Leroux
Mar 24, 2018

Bootcha posted:

Ladies and gentlemen...

Can. Not. WAIT.....

Oh, and if this counts as a meme and gets me probed can I get a picture of Kayak on my rap sheet? He's totes adorbs.

IcarusUpHigh
Dec 20, 2016

Hav posted:

No, you also get the warm feeling that you're not alone, and other people, just like you, thought it would be a good idea.

* Single charismatic leader.
* People always seeming constantly happy and enthusiastic. Especially if you discover that they have been told to act that way for the potential new recruits.
* Instant friends.
* If you are told who you can or cannot talk to or associate with.
* They hide what they teach.
* Say they are the only true group, or the best so why go anywhere else.
* Hyped meetings, get you to meetings rather than share with you.
* Experiential rather than logical.
* Asking for money for the next level.
* Saying that they have to make people pay for it because otherwise they will not appreciate it. This is of course a very silly reason, plenty of people are able to appreciate things which they did not pay for.
* They do not allow their teachings or practices to be questioned. If you question, then automatically the group assumes that something is wrong with you. It can never be the case that anything is wrong with the group’s practices or teachings. Often they will try to shut you down by accusing you of having a “bad attitude”.
* They will push you to obey by using guilt. They will demand complete “submission” to the group, its leaders and its teachings. They will do this by making you feel absolutely rotten about yourself. They will ridicule you and attack any weakness you might have (or invent weaknesses you might have if they can’t find any). Their goal is to break your will by causing you mental anguish.

-- it's a cult.

It's set to '1'.

Plz VirtualCaptain this is one for the Recap Thread

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Bootcha posted:

Ladies and gentlemen...

yaaay!

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Krycek posted:

ME2 is the game that broke me on following story plots. I had played enough Bioware games up to that point to realize that it didn't matter what you did, paragon/renegade, it didn't matter. You got a slightly different cutscene to finish that particular level, but the plot progressed the same either way.

I played Destiny 2 coop and the other guys got pissed because I kept skipping every cutscene as soon as it started. I told them "it's just space horde vs space alliance, in space, with lovely dialogue."

But honestly, and I know I'm a broke brain, but I don't care about story in games. Mainly because they're bad, uninteresting stories, not simply because they're in a vidya game.

fargom posted:

I'm pretty much the same, I skip all story and cut scenes from every game that allows you to get through via button mashing. Probably explains why I've never felt the urge to install the last of us HD edition that came with my bloodborne machine, from what I hear that game is all story.

When he sacrificed himself for life, Mordin was especially disappointed in you both

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

The Titanic posted:

I know this will never happen, but at least back in the day they put some effort into their lies. I think there were even photoshops of their blade design for that ship.

Now a days, they just lie and say they'll do stuff but don't even make a picture of it. :(

Come on, CIG, go back to lying with a little effort behind it. :allears:

I feel like this stuff started to die off around the hull series. Like prior to that they had the ship with the farm and the science pods, but they showed pictures of how it will definitely work.

Then they got to the hull E or something with like two billion spaces for cargo, and they didn't even show pictures of how it'll be loaded. Now a days we know it'll be loaded by hand, over the course of 3 months and 50 players working non stop together in tedious unity and pleasure.

I'm willing to bet that if they ever actually implement the giga cargo ships, they'll just hack in a console that loads "bulk cargo units" to the "external cargo pods". I.E. one of the 256 cargo spaces will be flagged as "iron", probably with no visual change.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
Here you are:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiyc0enBwfk

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

:mrgw:

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
https://i.imgur.com/b1MTUlI.gifv

Neltharak
Jun 7, 2013

I've seen actual documentaries less researched than sunk cost galaxy. Outstanding videos.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Continually top notch Bootcha, and I imagine the oil catter analogy isn't going to go down too well with a lot of people but kudos for going with it. It's a brutal yet accurate comparison.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Excellent work as always!!

(actual joke spoilers)
I WANNA GO TO SPAAAAACE!!!!

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Terrific history lesson, loved it.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Bootcha posted:

Ladies and gentlemen...

I think this post is older than one and a half hours :flashfap:

It is!

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

I'm lost for words. That was amazing.
:five::five::five::five::five:
Thank you.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

That's it! I'm buying another spaceship!!

Great historical analogy, really enjoyed that part of it too. Also, not to poke fun at you but I genuinely suspect you have a bit of a speech impediment as I counted like 5 'shurprise' and 'shurprisinglys' during that vid. Popped up only once or so in previous ones, but it was thicker in this one. R u ok, commando?

CrazyLoon fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Apr 27, 2018

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

CrazyLoon posted:

That's it! I'm buying another spaceship!!

Great historical analogy, really enjoyed that part of it too. Also, not to poke fun at you but I genuinely suspect you have a bit of a speech impediment as I counted like 5 'shurprise' and 'shurprisinglys' during that vid. Popped up only once or so in previous ones, but it was thicker in this one. R u ok, commando?

I imagine one would have to drink heavily to continue this sort of thing

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

:hawaaaafap:

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Great video, A+, would pledge again.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2mbQoQ4lLQ

After watching Bootcha's vid and this, its extremely relevant how they're Money Fracking these plebs.

Star Citizer : Money Fracker.

no_recall fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Apr 27, 2018

Grubby Hobo
Feb 13, 2018

There's something else about bears not many people know. If a bear gets hooked on the taste of crowdfunding, it becomes a man-killer. He'll go on a rampage and has to be destroyed. And that's why you should never hug a bear.

Wow. These just keep getting better.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Whoa! Some places at the beginning I absolutely could not understand, but it seemed to digitally caption the rest ok. :)

Glad you found one of my sexy modeling photos to include. :3:

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

omg is this it, they are finally bringing the gameplay to life? the game's finally getting done? can't stop buying ships now right when it's so close!

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Thanks, Bootcha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Thank you for pointing out how in the pitch video Chris makes it sound like everything is already in and ready to play, he lied bold faced to everyone knowing full well it was just a pre-rendered video.

They were even sure to put the 'all assets in engine and playable' disclaimer, I would LOVE to get a hold of the demo he used for the pitch video

Just some polish is needed!

That right there should count as false advertising, none of what he showed off is in the game, and never was. It was all smoke and cgi cig mirrors

Those little stupid screens popping out all around him in the cockpit are just stupid looking, how could anyone ever imagine that would be playable