Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

iospace posted:

Sadly, Earth was already a smoldering husk by the time I found it, but ah well.

same, but irl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
I like the idea of story packs being pumped out to add flavor/space opera goodness between the major game mechanic type dlcs.

I wonder how much money I would have spent on this game five years down the track after buying every dlc on release. (It's me, I'm the enabler.)

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Xik posted:

I like the idea of story packs being pumped out to add flavor/space opera goodness between the major game mechanic type dlcs.

I wonder how much money I would have spent on this game five years down the track after buying every dlc on release. (It's me, I'm the enabler.)

There should be a Shroud DLC that expands on all the space gods stuff and allows for psion starts, so you can have what are basically D&D spelljammers as starting ships for psionic civs.

Maybe have population in psionic starts set a hard limit on the number and classes of ships, as the people manning the ships are also powering it, as there only so many psions strong enough to move ships with their mind in a given population.

Pharohman777 fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Apr 27, 2018

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Endorph posted:

i know it looks bad but i can assure you that grouchio isnt a nazi hes just intensely, intensely stupid
I'm just desensitized to that kind of horrible stuff more than anything else.

(If all the nazi stuff was taken out of the german mod there'd be no issue here)

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012
There should be a “white genocide” purge option that doesn’t do anything

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

unwantedplatypus posted:

There should be a “white genocide” purge option that doesn’t do anything
There are other mods that have separate (white only/black only/asian only) human portraits, which I could then use to make an authentic space asian/african/european empire if I wanted to be technical......

Or I could just play as elves.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
Finally, a mod to solve all my problems https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1366195693

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Remind me in the morning to take a screenshot of the demographics panel from my last game. It's A Thing.

Pretty much any and all species in the galaxy ended up on one of my many, many systems. Which is 4 habs, a ringworld, and 5-6 gaia worlds, one of which is a former tomb world.

jwalrus
Jul 27, 2007

iospace posted:

In other news, I had a very successful achievement run using... the stock Otters. Managed to get 100k FP, all the megastructure achievements, and a bunch of others, including the migration treaty one and the "englighten a bronze age pre-FTL civ".

Sadly, Earth was already a smoldering husk by the time I found it, but ah well.

The one game where I found WWII-era Earth, I was playing fanatic pacifists. Then they nuked themselves a few decades into the game. I didn't even know they could do that.

In my current game, the Earth Custodianship got their metallic asses handed to them by a bunch of fanatic purifiers, who bombed Earth until only one human pop was left. Then the planet got destroyed by the Unbidden. RIP humanity.

Those FPs spawned next to another group of FPs, and spent most of the game fighting each other, until one finally came out on top. My egalitarians took in a bunch of refugees from the losing side, and now they are productive members of my multicultural society, while the winner is getting eaten by the Unbidden. I'm guessing that did not play out the way they were expecting.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Considering going the full mile and making a unique empire with every single possible government type. Is it worth it? Probably not.

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy
Who says you can't doomstack post 2.x

To explain, this was a game with NSC combined with Ultimate Technologies 2.0 for maximum possible overpoweredness so The Hollow Armada was a flagship, 10 titans and 10 dreadnoughts, The Last Armada was like 20 (or more) supercarriers, and The Immortal Armada was 50 or so 900-speed missle/torp strikecruisers.

The screenshotted fleet though is all of the federation opposing me's forces that somehow got stuck on the way to fight the Prethoryn.

Black Pants fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Apr 27, 2018

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Xenaero posted:

Considering going the full mile and making a unique empire with every single possible government type. Is it worth it? Probably not.

Just download a species pack mod?

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Arrath posted:

Just download a species pack mod?

Awful Apocalypse in the OP, for example.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Grouchio posted:

I'm just desensitized to that kind of horrible stuff more than anything else.

(If all the nazi stuff was taken out of the german mod there'd be no issue here)

Grouchio posted:

There are other mods that have separate (white only/black only/asian only) human portraits, which I could then use to make an authentic space asian/african/european empire if I wanted to be technical......

Or I could just play as elves.

Endorph posted:

i know it looks bad but i can assure you that grouchio isnt a nazi hes just intensely, intensely stupid
I hate to break it to you Endorph but I think it's both.

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.

Guilliman posted:

I can make a custom bypass and put a custom gateway in some precursor systems so they have their own network?! Cool :O
Cant wait!

While I have you here, can I ask a huge favour?
Can you make a note somewhere about moddability for galaxy system icons and planet icons (like capital/presentient/megastructure/gateways)? It's current not possible to add more icons at all. Personally I'd absolutely love to add a galaxy icon that automatically pastes itself next to the system name and planet name for my mod's precursor worlds & wondrous worlds. tyvm :>

I'm not a programmer and I obviously can't make any promises, certainly not for 2.1, but how would you like this to work? As a property (pointing to an icon texture) in the system/planet initializers, or an effect run in an event that adds/removes an icon(s) in system/planet scope?

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Once again, space videogame modding proves itself to be most effective way to get goons to out themselves as nazis.

Wallet
Jun 19, 2006

Xenaero posted:

Here's a link to a pastebin with my user_empire_designs file with every personality type (2x of many of them, 36 empires in total), if that's what you mean. Most of them are from Awful Apocalypse though some were modified to create an even spread of personality types. They're also evenly distributed across home planet type and species type (ie: plantoid/fungoid/etc); they should all have a unique map color, and they should all have a unique flag symbol. You do need the color mod that's a dependency of the Awful Apocalypse mod for some of them.

Black Pants posted:

Awful Apocalypse in the OP, for example.

It's missing quite a few personality types, and it has a major glut of some others.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Wallet posted:

It's missing quite a few personality types, and it has a major glut of some others.

What's it missing?

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I guess it's less a comprehensive empire mix and more of a selection of silly races goons submitted to the project.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Planet tiles: do we really need them?

Wiz posted:

Probably not.

:piss:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

2.0.4 dropped today, again. Did they work the bugs out this time?

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

Endorph posted:

Not seeing the distinction here.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

iospace posted:

2.0.4 dropped today, again. Did they work the bugs out this time?

We will see! The changelog (it's literally just the beta 2.0.4 promoted, FYI):

quote:

#################################################################
######################### VERSION 2.0.4 ###########################
#################################################################

###################
# Feature
###################

* Added confirmation popup to the "clear user directory" function in the launcher, to avoid unintentionally deleting files
* Added new events to notify you when the construction of Gateways has concluded
* Added Will to Power unity ambition that gives +5 influence/month
* Fleet view now consolidates ships into their ship size (with breakdown of ship classes available in tooltip) rather than showing each design individually, making fleet view less of a visual mess and not misleading players with numbers like 20/0 corvettes
* No longer possible to decrease ship design count in fleet manager when a ship is waiting for upgrades
* Scaled difficulty is now a separate setting from difficulty, so a game with Scaling and Grand Admiral will have AI empires start at no bonuses and scale up to full Grand Admiral bonuses at the end-game start date
* Colossus now shows progress for charging weapon in the outliner
* World Cracker can now be test fired on uncolonized habitats, ringworlds & tomb worlds
* Ion Cannons no longer auto-upgrade (as they are designable)
* Winning a force ideology war will now pull the target out of any federation they are a member of
* Ideology war goal text now informs you of Ruler resigning and being forced out of Federation
* Max hyperlanes is now 2.0x, as there was functionally no difference between 2.0x and higher
* The Erudite trait now helps multiple leader types in different ways, similar to Psionic or Cyborg

###################
# Balance
###################

* Increased ship upkeep reduction for Fallen/Awakened Empires
* Increased primitive Sol spawn chance
* Ion Cannon no longer has a power cost for its weapon component
* Reduced firing speed on Colossus from 90 to 30 days. Reduced weapon charge time on Colossus from 270 to 90 days
* Raised hard cap on command limit from 200 to 500
* Trickster admiral trait now gives shorter emergency FTL cooldown instead of sublight speed bonus
* Piracy risk is now rounded down to the nearest whole percent
* It is no longer possible to use a Total War wargoal as your defensive wargoal against an attacker that isn't also using a Total War wargoal
* Disabled Starbases no longer inhibit FTL of hostiles
* Awakened Empires now get more resources but also more effect from decadence
* Assimilators can no longer have rivals, and get tradition swaps for traditions relating to claims or rivals
* Ground combat collateral damage now has a higher chance of adding blockers
* Reduced damage output and raised cost of Xenomorph armies
* Festival of Worlds now costs 5000 energy rather than energy, minerals & influence
* Psionic Shields are now stronger than Dark Matter Deflectors, rather than the other way around
* Added some food when Fallen Empires awaken, to prevent early starvation

# Traditions

* Master Builders now only gives +50% megastructure build speed (down from +100%) but increases the size of any Habitats owned by that empire from 12 to 15 (retroactively applied on any habitats of size <15 built before taking the perk or later conquered by the empire with Master Builders)

###################
# UI
###################

* Fixed certain multi-effect Strategic Resources (e.g. Living Metal) causing text overflow in the Strategic Resource list
* Fixed ironman UI being broken in setup screen
* The war summary now shows how many ships and armies were destroyed, as well as the number of systems and planets occupied
* Clicking on a ship design to add it to a fleet template that already has it now increases the counter for that template
* Fleet view now only shows template counts for your own fleets

###################
# AI
###################

* Subjects will now follow their overlord with all fleets
* Fixed AI using jump drive in some cases where it shouldn't do so due to enemy superiority

###################
# Modding
###################

* Added a free_pop modifier to species rights that can be used for citizenship, living standards and military service to apply a modifier only to non-enslaved pops
* Defaulted the operator of on_tech_increased trigger to >=, so that the trigger works at all
* Added on_system_first_visited on action, which triggers when you first get intel on a system through any means

###################
# Bugfix
###################

* General fixes and improvements to the Fleet Manager
* You will now be properly able to use gateways you've built even if you didn't encounter one before
* Added missing localization for new features added in 2.0.2
* Fixed a bug where empires could appear without visible borders
* Overlords can no longer get CBs against their vassals
* Fixed issue where Gateways could not be used despite having the necessary technology
* Fixed corrupted Looped Syzygy display model in Ship Details view
* Fixed federation fleets created by an ally empire not being added to your fleet manager when you become federation president
* Fixed a case where ships trying to find the nearest starbase to perform upgrades would ignore the one in the system they are in
* Fixed the Unbidden always treating their home system as conquered, even when there were colonies blocking them from leaving it
* 'Does not Compute' event will now also trigger when the final machine world is destroyed by a Colossus
* No longer crashes when 'intel' or 'sensor' commands are used as an observer
* Fixed some other crashes
* Fixed an endlessly spamming threats from Fallen Empires about encroachment, if you have a wormhole that exits inside their territory
* Planet having sapient pops during colonization no longer messes up interface and other things
* Ships can now properly upgrade at the stations of allies
* Added some missing tooltips
* Synth Leaders in a non-synth ascended empire can now also suffer malfunctions
* Which empire takes control of a disabled starbase in a war is now consistent between Starbases that were already disabled and ones that had to be disabled through force
* Fixed the 'Captive Star' achievement triggering from building a Dyson Sphere construction site
* Fixed a case where clicking on an obsolete ship in the fleet manager would not show the updgrade options
* Event-spawned ships can now be removed from fleet templates when they have been destroyed
* Claims on systems that become unowned (due to owner disbanding the outpost) are now deleted
* Fixed Marauders demanding nothing in tribute when empire income was >250 minerals, because even lunch money counts
* Fixed accidentally disabled mega engineering tech unlock
* Fixed a bug where you couldn't build multiple gateways at the same time
* Ships will now use captured enemy shipyards to upgrade during war rather than pathing all the way back to friendly territory
* Fixed pre-sapients not getting pre-sapient traits
* Planetary edict expired messages now will properly open planet view instead of country edicts view
* Fixed Awakened Empires not being able to use the demand subjugation action
* Fixed successful battles against starbases where your attacking fleet takes losses showing as a defeat in the war summary screen
* Fixed a bug where establishing contact with an enclave would silently give you comms with all other empires known to the enclave
* 'Stay on Target' achievement will now also trigger if the colossus is in the process of charging its weapon
* Fixed issue where anomalies could overwrite modifiers in Precursor systems
* Event triggers were reworked to prevent some events spawning massively far away from the player, because the game thought they were close due to a wormhole or gateway
* Fixed issue where the Extradimensionals would sometimes end up owning a planet
* Fixed Unbidden sometimes spawning without diplomatic contacts
* Fixed leaders being able to get both Chosen One and Psychic if they were elected to or out of office
* Fixed incorrect tooltip for Devouring Swarm
* Pop happiness modifier will no longer increase cost of colony ships
* Proper total war CB is now given when you have a colossus, but you can still make claims (was wrongly locked out before)
* Disabled custom ship design when auto-generate design is on, to prevent a bunch of bad bugs with upgrading
* Fixed sectors wrongly ignoring their resource storage limit via monthly income
* When an empire changes their ethics, the 'go to' button on the notification event will now work properly
* Fixed some species getting the wrong living standards set when citizenship was changed
* Fixed AI not building Starbase buildings/modules
* Fixed broken/missing graphics, sound, and starship components
* Fixed occupation armies spawning mid-invasion/bombardment
* Fixed enlighten primitives action giving you low-level intel of the entire galaxy, despite their weird primitive all-seeing animist wisdom

Also there's a 2.0.5 Beta out, which just adds a possible OOS fix for MP.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Planet tiles are fine, just...just make it so I can click a building type and shift click them all over the place, christ. Make stuff auto upgrade. Let me queue up administration/capital required buildings before the ship shelter is upgraded. Little things like that.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands

And bring hither the sacred calf, and kill it; and let us eat, and be merry.

I'm actually pretty agnostic on tiles myself, but drat if Wiz ain't taking a chainsaw to everything.

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Tomn posted:

And bring hither the sacred calf, and kill it; and let us eat, and be merry.

I'm actually pretty agnostic on tiles myself, but drat if Wiz ain't taking a chainsaw to everything.

I'm not terribly crazy on planet tiles but obviously they'll have to be replaced with something, as just axing them would leave very little to actually do for a somewhat peaceful/economic player. So I'd wonder what would be in mind to replace them. Hopefully not just sliders.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Magil Zeal posted:

So I'd wonder what would be in mind to replace them. Hopefully its sliders.

Fixed for you.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM
Removing tiles also pretty much means removing species traits as they currently function.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Setting up that ringworld last night was rear end and while I could have sectored all the sections, I also needed to put my capital on it for another achievement.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

looking forward to using l-space to access every library that ever was or will be

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

AriadneThread posted:

looking forward to using l-space to access every library that ever was or will be

If this DLC doesn't come with an Orangutan species portrait then it's an instant refund.

Guilliman
Apr 5, 2017

Animal went forth into the future and made worlds in his own image. And it was wild.

LordMune posted:

I'm not a programmer and I obviously can't make any promises, certainly not for 2.1, but how would you like this to work? As a property (pointing to an icon texture) in the system/planet initializers, or an effect run in an event that adds/removes an icon(s) in system/planet scope?

Preferably using an effect so we can dynamically add/remove them trough scripts on the planet or system scope. Ideally, for best usability these would be separate. So we can scope to a planet, set an icon on it and not have that icon display on the galaxy map unless we scope to the solar system as well and add it there too. This so modders can work together and not bloat the galaxy map with tens of different icons.

No rush with such a thing but it would add a great deal of user friendly design options for modders. Currently I'm using (coloured) localisation tricks to get icons on planet names and make them stand out, bit thats horribly buggy when those planets become a sector or their names are called in functions.

Thanks very much for considering :)

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Is anyone aware of a mod that puts four different starting species on different parts of a ring world? I want a mad scramble for resources and territory and ultimately a bloody return to pacify the system.

Lake Effect
May 8, 2008
YO. YO. YO. YO

Wiz just told us he's gonna implement Victoria pops in Stellaris. CELEBRATE.

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.
he did what now

THS
Sep 15, 2017

The only thing I remember about Victoria was how unintuitive and awful managing the pops was.

Gyrotica
Nov 26, 2012

Grafted to machines your builders did not understand.

Lake Effect posted:

YO. YO. YO. YO

Cannot celebrate until you elaborate.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
Did he like come to you in a dream or drug induced haze or something?

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands

Lake Effect posted:

YO. YO. YO. YO

As much as I love Victoria 2's pop system, what?

Edit: Like, what would be the point of having pops as detailed as Victoria without also having an economic simulation that detailed, which is way more effort for Stellaris than it's worth?

Tomn fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Apr 27, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
Wiz just told me Stellaris is being reworked into a single player story experience a la "Nexus: The Jupiter Incident" with the Blorg as the player empire.