Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
This will be the year. Pokemon Snap 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

an actual dog posted:

I really hope devolover does something cool again.

My idea: Releasing a good game.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Macaluso posted:

Needs to be updated to reflect the last 20 years of photography trends.

Pokemon Selfie

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

devolover published minit this year, they're cool and good

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

haveblue posted:

Pokemon Selfie

I want to take a selfie with my pokemon!!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Macaluso posted:

Im feeling it!

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

haveblue posted:

Pokemon Selfie

Hell yeah

an actual dog posted:

:same:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

an actual dog posted:

Would it happen to be... a Pikachu?!

I'll show myself out, shall I?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Devolver has been teasing this insane game called My Friend Pedro that I am now sick to death of just seeing and not playing so I pray they actually demo it at E3

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75pCAiyYARI

Please let ubisoft act insane this year. Also Sony better not have an hour long trailer show again, holy it it was boring last year.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

All Sony does at E3 is hourlong trailers, the difference is that it was all for games we already knew about.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

exquisite tea posted:

All Sony does at E3 is hourlong trailers, the difference is that it was all for games we already knew about.

Sony is gonna have Kingdom Hearts 3 right? That’s all I need

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

bring back the awkward promos for TV shows that'll be cancelled in a year

bladeworksmaster
Sep 6, 2010

Ok.

I look forward to seeing the new Smash, and hope we get something of Prime 4. :)

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I'm trying imagine what surprise announcement would be really awesome and I can't think of any that are realistic. Maybe we'll see some Life is Strange 2, that would be cool. Hexen reboot at Bethesda would be a cool shocker. I'm more looking forward to brand new IPs.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Do you think Ubi brings Aisha Tyler back?

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

I don't know if it'll actually be at the show but Netherrealm will probably announce the new Mortal Kombat around then.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Do you think they'll announce Rabbid Peach in Smash during Nintendo's Direct or during Ubisoft's conference

Dr Cheeto posted:

Do you think Ubi brings Aisha Tyler back?

Before last year I would've said "I hope so" but last year's show it didn't really feel like they needed her. Granted they started really loving strong with Mario and Rabbids and having goddamned Miyamoto come out on stage

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

HMS Beagle posted:

I don't know if it'll actually be at the show but Netherrealm will probably announce the new Mortal Kombat around then.

I'm genuinely intrigued by what they'll do with MK11. MKX was a big step forward and Injustice 2 was probably the biggest single-player fighting game experience ever, as well as a huge accomplishment in terms of roster, visuals, and content. I can't imagine what MK11 will do.

I want to see more Soul Calibur as well, preferably some more gameplay features.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I hope they cool it with the celeb cameo fighters in MK11 because it was annoying seeing OP as hell Jason/Predator every other match instead of cool fun MK characters.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

exquisite tea posted:

I'm trying imagine what surprise announcement would be really awesome and I can't think of any that are realistic. Maybe we'll see some Life is Strange 2, that would be cool. Hexen reboot at Bethesda would be a cool shocker. I'm more looking forward to brand new IPs.

sony announces: a kickstarter to bring back a beloved old franchise, to release in 5 years

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i'm excited for e3

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

exquisite tea posted:

I hope they cool it with the celeb cameo fighters in MK11 because it was annoying seeing OP as hell Jason/Predator every other match instead of cool fun MK characters.

Raiden AND Sub-Zero in Injustice was legit terrible though TMNT softened the blow. Still, 4 out of 9 DLC slots being reserved for cameo characters was too much.

I'm gonna take a gamble and say Devil May Cry comes back at E3.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Davincie posted:

sony announces: a kickstarter to bring back a beloved old franchise, to release in 5 years

Finally, the return of jumping flash

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Did that Medieval remastered game ever actually come out

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Quest For Glory II posted:

Did that Medieval remastered game ever actually come out

It was revealed to be a demonstration demo.

Unlike the PSP game which should have been that.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Barudak posted:

It was revealed to be a demonstration demo.

Why do game companies keep doing that lmao

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

exquisite tea posted:

Demon's Souls remaster
Bluepoint project reveal (if it's not that)
Sony event ends with a short stinger that acknowledges Horizon 2 (this wouldn't exactly be a surprise though)

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Bluepoint doing Demon's Souls is a definite maybe but I think it's too early for a Horizon 2 announcement. I'm not even entirely sure Horizon 2 will come out this generation.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

It's more likely we see whatever that "Shadows Die Twice" poo poo was

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
I'm gonna put my money on us getting a DOOM 2 (2OOM?) teaser at the end of Bethesda's trainwreck presentation.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Psychedelicatessen posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75pCAiyYARI

Please let ubisoft act insane this year. Also Sony better not have an hour long trailer show again, holy it it was boring last year.

i just need some new ubi titles. hoping for another ghost recon and or splinter cell. also hoping maybe a sneak peak and next years asscreed.

sony. i want more spider man gameplay, maybe a demo for psn. maybe some reboots of old games and more ps2 backwards compatibles. also maybe fist of the north star.

ChickenHeart posted:

I'm gonna put my money on us getting a DOOM 2 (2OOM?) teaser at the end of Bethesda's trainwreck presentation.

doom 2 and wolfenstein 3 or 2 expansion pack. maybe a new RPG from todd.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

It will be DOOM5 pronounced Dooms, and be a battle arena game.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

DO2M and a Prey expansion DLC for sure

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I hope that new Splinter Cell happens, I miss that series and Metal Gear is dead sadly. I thought Blacklist was a mess and needed better focus, but other than that I'm excited for a fresh start (with Ironside voicing obviously)

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Taintrunner posted:

I hope that new Splinter Cell happens, I miss that series and Metal Gear is dead sadly. I thought Blacklist was a mess and needed better focus, but other than that I'm excited for a fresh start (with Ironside voicing obviously)

i am curious how they would do it. i assume they will go for a more MGS5 deal with side quests and stuff. probably a mix between that and wild lands.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Taintrunner posted:

Video of Sam Fisher in Wildlands saying "I'm the only one left," but it's Harvey Smith after Metal Gear and Deus Ex are confirmed dead. Besides maybe Assassin's Creed, Dishonored is by itself in the Tactical Espionage Action category right now. Obviously after the amount of improvements with Wildlands and AC Origins, Ubisoft could totally do it, but would they?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

I am honestly curious about EA. Battlefield ww2 will be their obviously. maybe a star wars game. i am curious to see how bad/good anthem is.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Anthem is probably being hastily retooled after the loot box backlash and after the game it was supposed to ape (Destiny 2) turned out to be a deeply flawed model.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

HMS Beagle posted:

New Shaolin Monks or bust :colbert:

Jusupov posted:

Really only caring about news on division 2

Maybe they'll stop bending over backwards for the PVP shitheads demanding all balancing be done to preserve their meta.

• Locked thread