Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Battle for Middle Earth III?
Homeworld: Cataclysm Remastered?
The Star Citizen ELE game?

A man can dream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Todd Howard is gonna win this E3

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

frajaq posted:

What's he releasing Skyrim on this year?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Dr Cheeto posted:

Phones, duh.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Mordja posted:

Phones, duh.

I was hoping for Vita or 3DS, frankly

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Dr Cheeto posted:

Elder Scrolls Online and Minecraft

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Can’t wait for Skyrim VR Co-Op DLC

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Guys where do I preorder the Skyrim cereal?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Battle for Middle Earth III?
Homeworld: Cataclysm Remastered?
The Star Citizen ELE game?

A man can dream.

hah, rts at e3. i doubt theres been any this decade

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Davincie posted:

hah, rts at e3. i doubt theres been any this decade

Sadly, they act like Starcraft 2 was the end all be all of RTS. (It isn't)

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Sadly, they act like Starcraft 2 was the end all be all of RTS. (It isn't)

It isn't the end, but I can't think of any RTSes released past Starcraft 2 that are marquee titles like what you would see announced at a conference. The only thing I can think of is Halo Wars 2, but that's because anything involving Halo is good enough to be a part of a conference for Microsoft.

It'd be nice to live in a world where Dawn of War III was a premiere reveal at an E3 press conference, but I don't ever see that happening. Though that also has a lot to do with being a PC game, a platform that doesn't have a dedicated E3 conference outside of Microsoft's releases on the Windows 10 store.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

haveblue posted:

Anthem is probably being hastily retooled after the loot box backlash and after the game it was supposed to ape (Destiny 2) turned out to be a deeply flawed model.

EA is constantly chasing activision who just chase every dumb trend out there.(look at the poo poo show that is destiny 2 and black ops 4) its the blind leading the blind.

frajaq posted:

not exactly hard to do. show off new elder scrolls or stardust or whatever. then show off doom 2 and other cool stuff. Microsoft will blow rear end again. Ubisoft will show some ok/cool stuff as will sony.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Dapper_Swindler posted:

EA is constantly chasing activision who just chase every dumb trend out there.(look at the poo poo show that is destiny 2 and black ops 4) its the blind leading the blind.
I recall getting drat near crucified for saying Anthem was going to be too little too late because that trend would be over by the time they hit market.

And it is.

Let's see how they turn it into a battle royale game, I suppose.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
oh god don't joke

i'm so sick of battle royale by this point

battle royale is the new moba, and honestly both of them blow

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

eonwe posted:

oh god don't joke

i'm so sick of battle royale by this point

battle royale is the new moba, and honestly both of them blow

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Fallout Battle Royale would own

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Battleroyalefield

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Hello Kitty Island BATTLE ROYALE

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Royale Souls

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I think I'd have fun with "Souls, but every enemy in the environment is a player"

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

100 hunters must hunt each other

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Phantasium posted:

I think I'd have fun with "Souls, but every enemy in the environment is a player"
Ah darkroot garden

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Winner Winner Ember Dinner

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Barudak posted:

It will be DOOM5 pronounced Dooms, and be a battle arena game.

ChickenHeart posted:

I'm gonna put my money on us getting a DOOM 2 (2OOM?) teaser at the end of Bethesda's trainwreck presentation.

Again, fellas, it's "RET4RD 2"

Not "2OOM"
Not "DOOM 2"
Not "DOOM 5"

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
Can't wait for Advent Rising 2 and 3!

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

all I want to hear about is Spelunky 2.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I'm looking forward to Bethesda's big reveal being some kind of loot crate card game, and then an offhand comment in an interview that they haven't even started ES6 yet because the technology to do it is like a decade away. Again.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
Tomba 3

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Taintrunner posted:

Can’t wait for Skyrim VR Co-Op DLC

Co-op Skyrim would require them to do some actual work on the game, so that's a no.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

Capn Beeb posted:

New Shaolin Monks or bust :colbert:

I never knew how much I wanted this until now. When was the last time we had a decent, non-indie take on an arcade brawler? The Warriors? Taking MKX/Injustice 2's gameplay and applying it to a multiplayer beat-em-up could be a lot of fun.

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

I don't think Nintendo is lying about focusing on 2018 (Smash, Yoshi) but they'll probably have a couple surprise releases and a big "we're working on this..." maybe Metroid because they can take that credit without as much investment as if it was made fully in-house or a new reveal? That said, wonder if anything will come from those Grezzo Link's Awakening remake rumors?

Doom Goon fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Apr 28, 2018

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Doom Goon posted:

I don't think Nintendo is lying about focusing on 2018 (Smash, Yoshi) but they'll probably have a couple surprise releases and a big "we're working on this..." maybe Metroid because they can take that credit without as much investment as if it was made fully in-house or a new reveal? That said, wonder if anything will come from those Grezzo Link's Awakening remake rumors?

poo poo that would be amazing. Link's Awakening owns and I'd rather play that than LBW again, which felt way too easy at times.

Cultural Marxist
Jun 29, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I know it’s a fake, but that “leaked” Nintendo E3 presentation list had GTA V on it, and if I told you I wouldn’t buy it again my pants would surely be ablaze.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Just as a reminder, this is the 10 year anniversary of the infamous Ravi Drums Nintendo conference

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4DOn9465xo

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Quest For Glory II posted:

Just as a reminder, this is the 10 year anniversary of the infamous Ravi Drums Nintendo conference

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4DOn9465xo

I'm thankful but also kind of disappointed we'll never ever approach the levels of horrible as this + the Kinect E3 conference. It was truly the Darkest Era, seeing those motion control E3 presentations and in retrospect Xbox jumping onto the bandwagon might have looked even worse than Wii Music https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgJqliVWSSg

It's surreal to compare that poo poo to the Sony E3 shows. Though even now the XBOX1X conference is like "yeah this is all about gamers. 10000 tb horsepower" (shows off Minecraft HD and cancels Scalebound)

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Wii Music Wasn't That Bad

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Remember the year they showed off some VR/hologram table thing that nobody ever heard of again.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Remember Young Conker

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Motto posted:

Remember the year they showed off some VR/hologram table thing that nobody ever heard of again.
That was hololens, it came out. It was never meant to be a game machine they just showed it at e3 to deflate psvr I guess.

Young Conker also came out, on Project Spark. Remember Project Spark

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Motto posted:

I still want one of those stupid huge Surface tables also bring back the Zune

• Locked thread