Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
Widmer Beer used to do variety packs just for Costco. I used to buy them before at least half of every variety pack became IPA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

MisterOblivious posted:

If you see the acai berry bowl at your Costco you can no longer get the frozen yogurt twist or straight chocolate.
No more $1.35 chocolate frozen yogurt. Gone.
Erased from the menu. Pretend like it never existed.
Chocolate twist? Yeah, that never happened welcome to the new reality where Costco serves a $5 bowl of bullshit berries.

Acai Berry Bowl replaces chocolate in the machine.

Acai Berry Bowl is five loving dollars

It's full of loving strawberries, almonds, bananas and acai fruit. Like, go ahead and line up all the poo poo I hate all in one loving product to replace my single favorite thing on the menu

loving thanks Costco, you listened to the loving Mom Blogs.

The lord giveth and the lord taketh away

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

Accretionist posted:

Tank tops.

They:
  • absorb sweat
  • Prevent rear end crack
  • Prevent under belly display and contact

Never deal with that poo poo again! Just make sure to buy proper 'undergarment' tank tops. I buy Fruit of the Loom tagless ones. They're like socks for your trunk. Go down to your thighs. I bought hanes the other day and they were so short that I just threw them out. Fruit of the Loom is good.

I should see if Costco sells these...

I have some grey, ribbed (lol) Fruit of the Loom tanks that I got at Costco last year. They are nice, but sweaty pits are a thing.

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
ya personally i sweat from my armpits so im not sure what good a wife beater is gonna do except make me look like a redneck

naem
May 29, 2011

DELETE CASCADE posted:

ya personally i sweat from my armpits so im not sure what good a wife beater is gonna do except make me look like a redneck

White cotton under t's are like a tampon for your pits

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

MisterOblivious posted:

If you see the acai berry bowl at your Costco you can no longer get the frozen yogurt twist or straight chocolate.
No more $1.35 chocolate frozen yogurt. Gone.
Erased from the menu. Pretend like it never existed.
Chocolate twist? Yeah, that never happened welcome to the new reality where Costco serves a $5 bowl of bullshit berries.

Acai Berry Bowl replaces chocolate in the machine.

Acai Berry Bowl is five loving dollars

It's full of loving strawberries, almonds, bananas and acai fruit. Like, go ahead and line up all the poo poo I hate all in one loving product to replace my single favorite thing on the menu

loving thanks Costco, you listened to the loving Mom Blogs.

I loving love acai bowls, but empathize with your loss.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

you are right, but costco don't roll like that.

my costco only sells ranch dressing and SOMETIMES italian. Why not blue cheese? Ceasar? Thousand island? Don't know, but they don't sell it. Oh they sell 10 different kinds of cracker, but only 2 salad dressing flavors.

And often not the same Italian from location to location and from month to month. I just want to be able to buy giant bottles of Bernstein restaurant recipe Italian, but all I've seen lately is Olive Garden Italian.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
Much of the consumer benefit of Costco is by putting suppliers on the rack and twisting them until they give discounts and guarantee quality. This requires that they have the viable threat of walking the gently caress away. This also requires that they exercise that threat every so often

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Bucnasti posted:

And often not the same Italian from location to location and from month to month. I just want to be able to buy giant bottles of Bernstein restaurant recipe Italian, but all I've seen lately is Olive Garden Italian.

they sell olive oil and vinegar. thats all Italian dressing is

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

Good Dog posted:

They sell coffee-mate creamers in a 3 pack with different flavors. Pretty sure there are other cases of them mixing products usually sold individually.

you're right, for certain products they do a variety pack. where I live they ONLY sell french vanilla creamer. that's it. maybe you can send halo top a message asking for a variety pack. but if costco doesn't believe it will sell, they won't accept it. the big retailers have the ability to wag the dog. I was working for the protein bar company that costco carries. costco basically told the company what pack size to sell, what configuration it wanted, etc. and the company went "yes massa".

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Apparently people in my area REALLY like light beer. This was the Coors/Kirkland lager pallet this Thursday evening:

(I was gonna get a case of Coors)

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great
It's almost corona season :yum:

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug
The french fry drama continues at my local Costco food court. We won't have fries back until May 15th. :negative:

The silver lining is they said they are getting a bigger and better fryer :toot: PBUC

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

RJWaters2 posted:

It’s in full swing at my Costco, saw about 100 crates of the legendary bier.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

RJWaters2 posted:

If you want skunky lager please don't pay a premium for it. Just get Coors.

Or get Pacifico.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
Dos Equis is not skunky, it is superior.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
https://www.rd.com/food/fun/costco-pizza/

PBUC

Bum the Sad posted:

Dos Equis is not skunky, it is superior.

Yeah the variety pack at Costco is a solid choice!

Chinatown fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Apr 27, 2018

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Ew. Corona is gross.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

Corona is poo poo. Light beer is even shittier.

If people are putting ketchup doggers onto pikes, anyone buying those beers should be quartered and drawn.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Light beer is perfectly fine. Overpaying for it is extremely dumb though.

Beer snobs are loving awful.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

If you're a freshman in college, sure.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Beer is poo poo, so it doesn't make any sense to me when people talk about a superior beer. "Hmm, yes, this citris piss tastes better than this tire piss."

With discount Costco prices, there's no reason not to exclusively drink liver-killing hard liquor, brethren, pbuc

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
If I drank liquor I'd be dead in a day.

Beer forces me to pace myself. I like beer.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Chinatown posted:

Light beer is perfectly fine. Overpaying for it is extremely dumb though.

Beer snobs are loving awful.

I’m a beer snob who loves poo poo light beer :smug:

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Pennywise the Frown posted:

If I drank liquor I'd be dead in a day.

Costco sells caskets too!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

ElGroucho posted:

Costco sells caskets too!

Costco always provides.

PBUC

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Costco needs to stock Rainier.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

Costco needs to stock Rainier.

gently caress yeah. I love Ranier and similar on a hot afternoon. I can drink a bunch of them without getting too drunk amd it doesn't give me the bet shots the way micro brews tend to. Plus IPAs are mostly poo poo these days since it is now a hops arms race of who can make the most bitter beer with the highest alcohol content.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I’m a beer snob who loves poo poo light beer :smug:

:same:

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
went to the church today and man i think i may be done getting the hot dogs, or at least polish dog, this is twice the last few times over this year that i've got them that they just werent good. tasted super overcooked, weirdly dry and like they were just sitting baking for way too long. the buns were also kinda soggy and gross.

at least the kraut, deli mustard and onion machine toppings are still pro tier but yeah i really haven't enjoyed it the last few times. maybe ill go back and try a non-polish dog again but i've always preferred polish in the past

i dunno if they changed something the last 6 months. i usually dont get food court stuff since its a giant bay area clusterfuck and even then I don't really go to costco more than once every 1.5 months because it's so busy servicing like 1 million people for 1 store

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry

Xaris posted:

at least the kraut, deli mustard and onion machine toppings are still pro tier but yeah i really haven't enjoyed it the last few times. maybe ill go back and try a non-polish dog.

Just be like that one guy and get a scoop of each directly into your hand free of charge.

All beer and alcohol is bad. Don't drink any of it.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
if i had to guess, no one buys polish dogs so they just sit there for hours and they're too busy-overworked/cheap to replace them constantly, and because then they're not good even the few people who would get them don't anymore. oh well

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Good Dog posted:

lol no.

Xaris posted:

went to the church today and man i think i may be done getting the hot dogs, or at least polish dog, this is twice the last few times over this year that i've got them that they just werent good. tasted super overcooked, weirdly dry and like they were just sitting baking for way too long. the buns were also kinda soggy and gross.

Maybe its just that location? They have always been excellent quality at my location.

Argyle
Jun 7, 2001

therobit posted:

Widmer Beer used to do variety packs just for Costco. I used to buy them before at least half of every variety pack became IPA.

Here in SoCal we get Modern Times variety packs and they're fuckin DOPE. 16oz 18-packs with 3 each of amber, stout, gose, pale ale, saison, and seasonal IPA, all for $30 which is a steal considering that a Modern Times 4-pack is usually $11-13.

But yeah way too many IPAs on the shelves in general. Like 2/3rds of the craft beer inventory seems to be IPAs.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Our costcos stock 24 packs Sockeye, a local brewery that makes good beer. It's great.

There's also Kirkland Light for when you just want to get drunk.

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005
Grimey Drawer
My costco's beer selection caters to international tourists, which is to say they ONLY have big brands (bud, bug light, coors, corona, heiniken, etc.) plus the Kirkland Light and Craft beer, the latter of which sucks. It all sucks.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Chinatown posted:

lol no.

Maybe its just that location? They have always been excellent quality at my location.
yeah quite possibly. next time im at a diff costco I'll give em a shot but I've been thoroughly disappointed. I remember them being amazing tho so its a shame

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Good Dog posted:

If you guys were all here with me I would take out a piece of printer paper and a pen and draw how I think this dude looks in real life, which would be spergy, with glasses, super awkward. The last time he talked to a lady he pit sweated so bad the girl ran away. Posts pictures of his pets on the internet.

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?

Mustached Demon posted:

Our costcos stock 24 packs Sockeye, a local brewery that makes good beer. It's great.

There's also Kirkland Light for when you just want to get drunk.

Is Kirkland Light actually drinkable? My friends who drink PBR and Miller High Life turn down the 'Stco beer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Big Grunty Secret posted:

Is Kirkland Light actually drinkable? My friends who drink PBR and Miller High Life turn down the 'Stco beer.

I would like to try it, but I don't want to do the 48 can gamble. Some of the congregation Coors Light enthusiasts ITT have said that it is not very good.

Costco shows us that we all have improvements to make, PBUC