Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

wow

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Terrible Opinions posted:

Well not really looking forward to HA then, cause Ruby was a truly abysmally terrible character.

It's a one time joke.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Well not really looking forward to HA then, cause Ruby was a truly abysmally terrible character.

living up to that username

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

YggdrasilTM posted:

It's a one time joke.
Well then no need to scare me.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

It’s like one scene, and the joke works a lot better when she’s Tohsaka’s terrible secret instead of Ilya’s generic mascot.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Motto posted:

is illya's voice as weird in FSN as Prisma (mainly asking this based on the FGO CM)

expanding on this since i'm back home, but basically there's a big gap between early illya and prisma illya

illya's first appearances in the visual novel are meant to play up her initial image of a composed and icy, but teasing. a girl who can kill you without hesitation yet curtsies before battle and calls you 'onii-chan' (which at first seems like she's doing it to tease you). she begins to unwind around shirou and taiga but with restraint. she's mischievous with an air of grace—lots of smug faces, tossing her hair, and going "hmmmm~?"

on the other hand, prisma illya is a (relatively) normal girl who stumbled into a crazy world and so a lot of her role in the comedy of the series is reacting to everything and generally being a tsukkomi. in the manga/animation you see this expressed as approximately 69420 crazy reaction faces, and her seiyuu (kadowaki mai) builds on this marvelously with super exaggerated "hoeeeee? fueeeeeeeeeeeeh?" and such.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Hahaha.

So a bunch of Servants in FGO got updated voicelines recently, one of them being Siegfried.
And in one of his new voicelines he talks about his legendary cursed treasure, Das Rhinegold, and that after his death it eventually found its way to a family of German alchemists called the Einzberns. He then concludes by saying he hopes the curse wasn't passed along too...

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

I need context for this subtitle.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Motto posted:

is illya's voice as weird in FSN as Prisma (mainly asking this based on the FGO CM)
Same voice actress but she affects a more mature tone for FSN compared to Prisma, as Space Flower elaborated.

Tarezax posted:

Ruby was introduced in Fate/Hollow Ataraxia

In fact all of Prisma Illya is an extended riff on her appearance there
Ruby in turn is pretty much an extended riff on Kohaku. Same VA, even.

Which is why Sapphire is voiced by Hisui (RIP) and the previous Hisui.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Pureauthor posted:

Hahaha.

So a bunch of Servants in FGO got updated voicelines recently, one of them being Siegfried.
And in one of his new voicelines he talks about his legendary cursed treasure, Das Rhinegold, and that after his death it eventually found its way to a family of German alchemists called the Einzberns. He then concludes by saying he hopes the curse wasn't passed along too...
That's Our Siegfriend! [laugh track, cut to credits]

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

W.T. Fits posted:

I need context for this subtitle.
Miyu and Ilya are trying to learn how to use their magic powers to fly. Ilya learns how to just from watching magical girl anime and figuring that a lot of magical girls fly, so she can too. Miyu tries to figure out the mathematical equations required in order for her magical energy to generate perpetual flight. Ilya's head epxlodes.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
don't think, imagine

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

lol

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

gently caress you people

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

m-m-mad?

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Endorph posted:

Miyu and Ilya are trying to learn how to use their magic powers to fly. Ilya learns how to just from watching magical girl anime and figuring that a lot of magical girls fly, so she can too. Miyu tries to figure out the mathematical equations required in order for her magical energy to generate perpetual flight. Ilya's head epxlodes.

And in the end Miyu never learns how to actually fly. :v:

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice
I like that Miyu just hops platformer style from one magically conjured surface to another; while Illya continue'ing Shirou's nerd tradition simply assumed Magical Girl logic is true!

I like Illya as a normal girl who overreacts to what goes on around her because honestly after HF you really want to see something wholesome even though personality wise there's basically nothing in common other than the fact she's still an Einzbern homunculi (hilarious autocorrect wants to write munchkin instead which is true!).

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

A solution for your "pins of FSN characters getting their faces smushed" needs
https://twitter.com/tartsPR/status/989058556598149121?s=19

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Thanks to whoever told me to check out Hollow Atraxia, this is extremely my sorta thing.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
lol https://twitter.com/kurame/status/989166162276593664

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Yeah turns out that random mention of dwarves among the creatures that can touch the dress of heaven without being turned into gold was not actually that random.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Aurora posted:

fate gohan doesn't make sense, wtf, this is a series about fighting for the holy grail

It's a series about me wanting to gently caress Lancer and well, episode 2 really did it for me

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
:love: Lancer is a man who is always after your heart :love:

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Apr 26, 2018

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice

Kyte posted:

Yeah turns out that random mention of dwarves among the creatures that can touch the dress of heaven without being turned into gold was not actually that random.

It's kinda interesting just what references were translation errors all along! Like Sheba vs Shiva.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

DisDisDis posted:

It's a series about me wanting to gently caress Lancer and well, episode 2 really did it for me

Glad to have a comrade on the Irish dog train

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Lancer is hot yeah

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I would happily date Bazett and Lancer together, at the same time, and marry both, and kiss them both.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

https://twitter.com/chuya_gyaku10/status/989582138465861632?s=19

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
https://twitter.com/typedril/status/989537231185440768

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Rodyle posted:

Lancer is hot yeah

Lancer traits: Bad luck, good against archers, very attractive.

Also I know it wasn't the lancer you're thinking of but in FGO Scathach's Valentine's Day chocolate is a little chocolate heart with a gae bolg in it. 100% dark chocolate, natch. :v:

Hey, Tomoe and I are good friends, just friends.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Holy gently caress. Someone copied Wint with a Fate theme? Amazing!

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

DisDisDis posted:

:same:

edit: haven't even gotten to The Cooking Anime yet but I've seen the GIFs and, yeah. Yeah. :v:

BaDandy fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Apr 27, 2018

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Lancer is one of the world's most talented men outside of being a strong dude. He can fish, he can sell fish, he can sell flowers, he can hunt, he can cook it, he can be a waiter...

Perfection

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

You know emiya would be in his thirties these days

makes you think

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!

Stairmaster posted:

You know emiya would be in his thirties these days

makes you think

how long until we get a josei domestic romcom anime about an older, salaryman Shirou who keeps getting set up for dates by Rin and Taiga and Lancer, until the fateful evening he meets a blond-haired British girl with an ahoge who is mysteriously short for her age and really good at baseball

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

You mean cricket

e: I hope there's a sidestory where he meets his longlost identical twin Archer Redmann

Stairmaster fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Apr 28, 2018

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

https://twitter.com/3k_fgo/status/989932154367836160?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Cephas posted:

how long until we get a josei domestic romcom anime about an older, salaryman Shirou who keeps getting set up for dates by Rin and Taiga and Lancer, until the fateful evening he meets a blond-haired British girl with an ahoge who is mysteriously short for her age and really good at baseball

i'd watch it