Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

big nipples big life posted:

Now we can look forward to The Big One at every race.

:getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

And here it comes:
https://twitter.com/jim_utter/status/989886632915595264

What are they going to even do? Merge it with NXS?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

CBJSprague24 posted:

And here it comes:

Nooooooooo

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

CBJSprague24 posted:

And here it comes:

My hope (which is optimistic) is that they make a clear path similar to MRTI: K&N -> ARCA -> Trucks -> NXS -> Cup.

But this is NASCAR so they're going to gently caress it up somehow.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

There has to be somebody in the big glass building in Daytona who thinks this is wise because it's eliminating a competitor.

https://twitter.com/jonesbrent570/status/989889060662636544

:thurman:

e-

quote:

The ARCA Racing Series will continue to operate under its current structure through the 2019 season. This year’s schedule of 20 races includes nine events at NASCAR national series venues, and three others at NASCAR Whelen All-American Series tracks – illustrating the bond between the two sanctioning bodies.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Apr 27, 2018

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

iospace posted:

My hope (which is optimistic) is that they make a clear path similar to MRTI: K&N -> ARCA -> Trucks -> NXS -> Cup.

Yes.

iospace posted:

But this is NASCAR so they're going to gently caress it up somehow.

Yes.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

iospace posted:

Improved this a bit

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is

CBJSprague24 posted:

And here it comes:

Everyone who doesnt make the Chase gets sent to ARCA for a year

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Fun fact: ARCA was throwing boredom cautions long before NASCAR did it. The race director would stand by the flagstand and, if he dropped his hat, the caution came out.

kidcoelacanth posted:

Improved this a bit

When I was like 10 I had the "great" idea of combining ARCA and the Busch Series into one series. I don't know why, but it sounded cool to 10 year old me and it might as well happen now.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

CBJSprague24 posted:

When I was like 10 I had the "great" idea of combining ARCA and the Busch Series into one series. I don't know why, but it sounded cool to 10 year old me and it might as well happen now.

New ARCA rule changes:

Cars are made of Legos, pit crews are Ninja Turtles, and penalties are doled out directly on the track by the Batmobile.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Harveygod posted:

New ARCA rule changes:

Cars are made of Legos, pit crews are Ninja Turtles, and penalties are doled out directly on the track by the Batmobile.

The pace car is a 1990s Toyota Celica because it looked like it should've been a pace car in my Hot Wheels/Matchbox collection.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

CBJSprague24 posted:

The pace car is a 1990s Toyota Celica because it looked like it should've been a pace car in my Hot Wheels/Matchbox collection.

All the 90s Celicas have broken down.

Will a 1993 Camry do? It also has brand synergy.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Sure.

Corporate Tony Stewart should've bought ARCA: https://www.inc.com/jeff-haden/how-tony-stewart-became-a-highly-successful-serial-entrepreneur-no-master-plan-no-problem.html

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
First they came for the moonshine, and I did not speak out - Because I enjoy white liquor.
Then they came for Daytona, and I did not speak out - Because Florida would be best off at the bottom of the ocean.
Then they came for the Winstons, and I did not speak out - Because I smoked Marlboros.
Then they came for Dale, and I did not speak out - Because only a pussy cries at funerals.
Then they came for home improvement and I complained a lot - Because only a pissant actually enjoyed Jimmie Johnson being good.
Then they came for ARCA - And there was no one left to speak for stock car racing.

:911:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

What happens when you put Hinch and Smoke in the same podcast? Fun stuff. https://castbox.fm/episode/3%3A-Tony-Stewart-and-his-Days-of-Thunder-moment-id1193552-id71511832?country=us

Also featuring Alexander Rossi.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Just so he could murder the dreams of kore young racers?

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

CBJSprague24 posted:

Fun fact: ARCA was throwing boredom cautions long before NASCAR did it. The race director would stand by the flagstand and, if he dropped his hat, the caution came out.

This usually happened when they were down to six running cars because ARCA

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

:siren: Practice Flip :siren:

https://twitter.com/CautionClock20/status/989938357194158082

Ryan Newman is just a magnet for having other cars on top of his.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things
NASCAR: We've improved aero so it should take another 30 mph to roll.

JMac with the "hold my beer" accepting of that challenge

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

The air was trying to flip Newman but it missed, McMurray just collateral damage.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I'm really impressed that the car stayed perpendicular to the wall the entire time tbh

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

NASCARCA on FS1 from Talladega.

GO JUNYER-looking car.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

NASCAR probably bought ARCA because it’s illegal for an ARCA race to be unentertaining. Jesus Christ, what a finish.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

The Kimoa Kid posted:

NASCAR probably bought ARCA because it’s illegal for an ARCA race to be unentertaining. Jesus Christ, what a finish.

That was good as hell. :stare:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

lol gently caress i thought it was over after that first GWC wreck and turned it off

someone post a youtube video when it surfaces please

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Rip the only national stock car series with a real points system.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBQC9R1QnLY

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

The crew must've gotten a deal on bulk surplus Roush-Fenway firesuits.

That, or those are RFR guys pitting the 41, but I don't know if that'd fly on a Toyota.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

A lot of lower series pit crews are for-hire types.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

If you could just beat it into these guys heads... hold your line. All the retards going three/four/five/all over behind them.

I really hope that NASCAR doesn't gently caress up ARCA any worse than ARCA already has. It's awful and retarded and hilarious but it's the last great big stage thing we've got left now that Trucks suck nuts.

It was a good finish.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Xfinity worth watching today for the driver broadcast imo

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

kidcoelacanth posted:

Xfinity worth watching today for the driver broadcast imo

"Ryan Blaney, feel free to look at the camera when we are talking to you"

SwampYankee
Mar 7, 2007

By the grace of God and 600 horsepower
Some sad news, James Hylton and his son were killed in a car accident leaving Talladega yesterday:
https://sports.yahoo.com/nascar-driver-james-hylton-dies-highway-accident-180757904.html

SwampYankee fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Apr 28, 2018

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

TBH though, Nascar probably should look into doing Driver Only races more often. Using some rookie drivers, it puts their face and voices in front of the fans that would otherwise not know who they are.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Glad there was a tire blown and a yellow there. The leader running 25 seconds in front wasn't too exciting...

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Allolgeier

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

On 2nd thought, maybe what we had before was better than watching endless caution laps as everyone runs out of gas during the caution laps.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
SRA WON

SwampYankee
Mar 7, 2007