Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

We've been lucky so far but they won't keep assuming the missing villagers are the result of random accidents.

Mantis Shrimpman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Hexenritter posted:

begin work on Fisty the mantis shrimpman

This but name him Citizen Snips.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Hexenritter posted:

begin work on Fisty the mantis shrimpman

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Build pistolshrimpman.

Supplement underwater mining using his plasma bolts.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Solarpanelman to recharge mana.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Manmen; all the strengths of a man with all the weaknesses of a man.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Sapphire + man = Sapphireman

Profit.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Outrail posted:

Manmen; all the strengths of a man with all the weaknesses of a man.

I like it but that's 0% fish. We could make crabshark or octortoise.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Manmencrabsharkoctortoise

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Train a school of magic pufferfish to swim into cracks our crabguys make and act like little explosives.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

I'm good with exploring the undersea area for a bit. There might be natural resources we haven't seen yet.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

We've made a lot of 'noise' as it were, with five villagers going missing in the first week. Time to get a bit more subtle before they start hunting. Start working on ways to recharge our mana while the sheep make up their own excuse for why their number has decreased.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

We can make a fake accident scene like having a lot of sharks and corpse pieces around.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Liquid Communism posted:

We've made a lot of 'noise' as it were, with five villagers going missing in the first week. Time to get a bit more subtle before they start hunting. Start working on ways to recharge our mana while the sheep make up their own excuse for why their number has decreased.

:agreed:

With three workers and .75 crates filled we've got enough to fill a crate just off our current workers for the next three weeks. I'm sure the dwarves will probably up the quota eventually but resting up and lowering suspicion is just as important as possibly getting ahead of that.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
Sorry for the lack of updates. My week off has been a lot busier than planned. I'll be back at work next week and normal service will be resumed.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Nyaa posted:

We can make a fake accident scene like having a lot of sharks and corpse pieces around.

Maybe find a dead whale, mutate it until it looks like some sort of behemoth monster and drag it into the village. 'Human friends! I have slain the killer of your people, but I beseech you, my people are dying, help us, please! Without special crystals..." and then inevitable betrayal etc etc.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

They will send hero if it's related to monster.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Nyaa posted:

They will send hero if it's related to monster.

Yes but we just slew the monster in this hypothetical, and now we need their help to mine the lifesaving crystals for our people.

It's a ruse you see.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Outrail posted:

Maybe find a dead whale, mutate it until it looks like some sort of behemoth monster and drag it into the village. 'Human friends! I have slain the killer of your people, but I beseech you, my people are dying, help us, please! Without special crystals..." and then inevitable betrayal etc etc.

I appreciate sneaky deception.

Maybe help an adventuring team into an ambush, convert people into minions, then more gems and midnight raids.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

This could work if we apply illusory magic to look like a mermaid and not pre-depression Ursula.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I like the idea of deception but to do that we'd have to sacrifice Fisty or one of the crab people.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

All We really have to do is feed a whale shark to our guys and throw the leavings on the beach though?

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Cut loose before the god eaters show up.
Anyone who is talking about whales and is not talking about hybridizing them with a horseshoe crab for a giant organic amphibious troop transport is doing monsterology wrong.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

We aren't necromancy focused, so we can't do much with a corpse. Make an awesome puppet?

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Just drop it on the shore, I think?

Once we're done with rapid recruiting, anyway.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

super sweet best pal posted:

I like the idea of deception but to do that we'd have to sacrifice Fisty or one of the crab people.

Noooo, not Fisty, he's not even in the prime of his life yet! He hasn't even punched a hole through a dude in full plate.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Hexenritter posted:

Noooo, not Fisty, he's not even in the prime of his life yet! He hasn't even punched a hole through a dude in full plate.

When he does we need to send a not-condolence card to his family reading "Death By Shrimp LOL".

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Blasphemaster posted:

When he does we need to send a not-condolence card to his family reading "Death By Shrimp LOL".

"Your loved one's death was downright prawnographic. :v"

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Who you calling shrimp?

Sarga has completed her first drop, and the second drop is in the bag. Now it’s time to experiment!

Searching the reef, she comes across a couple of brightly coloured shrimps. One a Mantis shrimp, the other a Pistol shrimp with a huge claw. Time to try hybridisation!

Of course, a subject, so she goes to the shore once more. There are many people moving around, shouting “Moana” or something like that. Many of them are carrying weapons, and it seems that you are coming to the end of your quiet time here.

After a few hours, a rather large and muscle bound specimen is out looking for the missing girl Crabperson. Sarga knows she can’t subdue such a man through combat, so prepares a simple sleep spell.

Rising from the water, she shouts the casting word, the man staggers, but shakes off the spell! He swings around and roars “MONSTER! Bring back my beloved!” and runs at Sarga, a wicked fishing hook in his hand.
With lightning fast reflexes, the man lashes out, catching Sarga down a tentacle, blue blood flows into the water as she feels her first wound. She should have paid more attention in self defence classes!
Panicking a little, she instinctively reaches out and casts another spell, more forceful this time, a torrent of water rises up and smashes down on the man, he vanishes under his own personal tidal wave. A few seconds later and the waters clear.

To show the man still standing there, a smile now on his face.
“A Seawitch. So that is the answer. Who has paid you to torment us fiend? And where is my beloved?”
Instead of answering, Sarga sweeps up on a spout of water and spins, her tentacles whip out, hitting the man in the face one after another. He rides the first few blows out, but eight solid slaps to the head in a row renders him unconscious.
Pausing only to cast a spell to heal the wound, Sarga gathers her new subject and returns to her dungeon.

Having firmly strapped the man to the lab, she allow him to wake before she begins work.
“Have something special planned for you.” She gloats, holding a shrimp in each hand.
“What.” the man’s laugh now carries a hint of bravado to it, and none of the previous confidence. “You’re going to tickle me to death with shrimp claws? You don’t scare me.”
“No, but I should.” was Sarga’s only reply.

Two days later Sarga is done. And this is a masterwork. The Shrimpman in front of her has retained the bulk of the subject, but now has carapace armour - not as thick as the crabmen’s, but protection nonetheless. His left are carries a razor sharp claw and the right is her greatest achievement yet. The oversized claw now contains a pressure system allowing him to fire sharpened lumps of coral both above and below the seas! She has created a combat shrimp man!

“Your command, Mistress.” He entones in a deep voice. His eyes swivel to look at her.

quote:

Mana = 5/40
Gold = 1,000
Time until next delivery needed - 5 days.

Crates on hand - 1

Minions - 1 Pistolshrimp man.
3 Crabmen.

Mining rate - 0.75 crates a week.

Your dice were a bit up and down during this update!

Sorry for the break there, my week got a lot more busy than planned after we lost a day looking for a minor injuries unit.
It’s odd I have more time for this at work than at home.

We’re drained on mana, but we have 5 days until the next collection, and we already have our crate of gems.

1 - So what do we do with our new minion ?
A - To the mines! (0.25 crates a week.)
B - Bring me more subjects!
C - Guard the lair and mines.

2 - Do we
A - Rest for the week.
B - Make more crabpeople! (5 mana each)
C - Make more Pistol-mantas-shrimp people! (7 mana each)
D - Make something else? (10 mana)
E - Expand the dungeon (how? Do our minions deserve a proper lair of their own?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

We definitely want one more crabman to get the rate to a nice 1.0 crates / week.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
E
I played enough Dungeon Master to know we need to keep our minions happy with a lair and a room full of chickens.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Deadmeat5150 posted:

E
I played enough Dungeon Master to know we need to keep our minions happy with a lair and a room full of chickens.
Same but Dungeon Keeper.

I vote C and E. We have enough saved up that we can work at a deficit for a bit, and maybe they'll work faster if they're well fed and rested.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

1C and 2A seem to be the priorities right now. We're getting low on mana and the natives are restless. Once the minions bring in the next chest we can talk about getting them a lair, it'll be good positive reinforcement that they get nice things if they work hard.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

1. C
2. A

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

1C 2A

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

1. C. We need to lay low for a little bit and make sure anyone who stumbles upon our operation doesn't live to tell of it.
2. A. We are low on mana and could use some downtime to see how the situation develops. The villagers know something is up, let's lay low. There is that other agency operating in the region as well, they may make a move now that we have made some waves. Take the downtime to explore the reef further, see if we have any creatures we could utilize without integrating them with villagers.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
C
A

Kid Blink
Feb 24, 2013

Of course, the whole point of
a Doomsday Machine is lost if
you KEEP IT A SECRET!
C
A