Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Start BELT in Baltimore at $155

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Pass.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Pass
No question about what's going in there.

Mr. Squishy fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Apr 27, 2018

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Reminder

Auto Pass rest of stock round

Not going to be able to do much with $5.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Pass.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

GTW in Richmond for $160

Paying for that with 120+Ohio Bridge

I believe that's the end of the stock round?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I'm still here! But Pass on that, then 220 for the Strasburg in Indianapolis, which I fund w/ $10 and Medium+Major Mail
Goddamnit, I go scouring the historical information for a suitable company and Orvin's snaffled EJE already. Hang on.
e: It's the Strasburg now. Orvin remains PD.

Mr. Squishy fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Apr 27, 2018

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I'm sorry, I thought you where out of stuffs. My bad.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Sorry for snapping. But we made it to the first OR! Board state w/ player-labels on their stations. 2 companies each! (I could have got away w/ issuing 3, but after planning it out, it seemed a very bad idea)

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I don't really know how to format a company's turn so any advice would be appreciated.

Strasburg Rail takes 2 Loans
Lays 1 tile, exits West and North West
Buys 2 trains
Pays $10 worth of interest, leaving $0 in the treasury
Stock Price ends at 80

Mr. Squishy fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Apr 27, 2018

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
BESS takes 2 loans and gains $200

Lay city tile with exit NW and W for $15
Lay gentle tile at H11 with coal and exit NE for $20

Buy 1 2-train for $100
Pay $10 in interest

Company has $55 remaining
Share price drops to $60, 2 steps for loans, 1 step for no dividend

You know what to do, Orvin~

Panzeh fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Apr 27, 2018

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

General, you know what to do, as well....

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Yup, when it gets to the company’s turn, I will link Pittsburgh to Blacksburg.

When the stock token gets moved, it is probably best to flip them like Mr. Squishy has been doing. Hopefully that will prevent to many questions about turn order when there are more companies running.

Orvin fucked around with this message at 12:00 on Apr 27, 2018

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Mr. Squishy, how do you intend to build Toledo? I ask so I know how to build with the EJE. I would like to take the easy/cheap way and connect Cleveland to Toledo, but I can build to Cincinnati for a second run if needed.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I'm happy to connect south-east if there's a hairpin there to connect it.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Mr. Squishy posted:

I'm happy to connect south-east if there's a hairpin there to connect it.

If you build Toledo with an exit to the southeast, EJE will connect Cleveland to Toledo during OR 1.b. No sense in spending $20 on an extra build that doesn’t help either of us. I need to build Cleveland towards Pittsburgh during OR1.a. Does that work for you?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Yeah, that's fine.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Hey General, if you build toward Cincinnati, I will put one of the bridge tokens down there.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

ALT takes 2 loans and gains $200

Lay city tile with exit SE and SW for $10
Lay gentle tile at I10 with coal and for $20(extra track)$+15(Mountain Space)-$20(Engineer's bonus)=$15

Buy 2 2-train for $200
Pay $10 in interest

Company has $25 remaining
Share price drops to $60, 2 steps for loans, 1 step for no dividend

I hope I did that right?

The General posted:

Funding ALT with Engineers, Coal Mine + $60

It only shows the coal in the spreadsheet.

The General fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Apr 27, 2018

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Just fixed it, sorry for missing it in the first place. I'm also shown as only having 2 total shares, which is also wrong.
I also put the 20 from the engies under "mail contract", understanding it to be an umbrella for "money directly from privates", though there is the broader "other income".

Mr. Squishy fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Apr 27, 2018

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Hey fellow train moguls, mind if I change my ALT tile placement with one that points towards Atlanta? There was some blindness on my part, and some confusion with Panzeh's Cincinnati idea.

Edit: Three of us agreed in Discord, it's cool. Thanks ♥ Cigars for everybody!

The General fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Apr 27, 2018

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I am in no position to veto take-backsies. Besides, i like games to be friendly.
Btw, should have discussed this before; my preferred model is discussion is fine but promises aren't binding. Anyone object?

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Mr. Squishy posted:

I am in no position to veto take-backsies. Besides, i like games to be friendly.
Btw, should have discussed this before; my preferred model is discussion is fine but promises aren't binding. Anyone object?
Promises are never binding unless you have the proper signed documents to prove the deal took place.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Tis fine. 1817 is brutal enough as it is.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Only thing of note from The Generals turn is that using the coal mine token removes the $15 cost to lay a tile in the mountains. So for the ALT company pays $10 net for the build. $10 for the river tile lay in Cincinnati, $20 for the extra build, $0 for mountain cost (using coal token), $20 refund from engineers.

An important distinction is that the mountain engineers is a refund, you must have the cash in the company to lay the tile or tiles, then the engineers give a refund.

I also have no problem taking back a build, as I haven’t made my next move, and it doesn’t really impact my build.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Orvin, you are doing God's work with your rules knowledge. Thank you.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Mr. Squishy posted:

Since this is intended to be a friendly game, with mistakes getting corrected after the fact, I would request that deals are honored/enforces for the current round.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Sure, i shouldn't have brung it up midround anyway

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

EJE operates, laying E10 NW to E, and $20 for E8 NE to NW.

Takes 1 loan for $100

Pays $5 interest

Buys two 2-Trains for $200

EJE moves back twice to $65

EJE ends with $45 in its treasury

I miscalculated on my tile lays, so the connection from Cleveland to Toledo got built this turn. Didn’t think you would mind, Mr. Squishy.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I'm very happy. I was going to splurge on a second tile-lay because I could afford the 20 bucks, but I couldn't afford being a 1-route company.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

GTW operates, I16 SW to W.

Takes 1 loan for $100

Pays $5 interest

GTW moves back twice to $65

GTW ends with $15 in its treasury

The General fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Apr 28, 2018

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

The General posted:

EJE ends with $15 in its treasury

Watta twist!

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I admit, I plagiarize my posts.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

PSN operates, laying B tile in Pittsburgh, and $20 for G12 NE to SW using a coal token.

Takes 2 loan for $200

Pays $10 interest

PSN moves back three times to $55

PSN ends with $40 in its treasury

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
BELT operates

BELT lays tile 8 at G20 facing NE for $20

BELT takes 2 loans for +200$ ea

BELT pays $10 in interest

BELT buys 2 2-trains for $200

BELT's stock drops 3 spots to $55, treasury is $45

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Panzeh posted:

BELT operates

BELT lays tile 8 at G20 facing NE for $20

BELT takes 2 loans for +200$ ea

BELT pays $10 in interest

BELT buys 2 2-trains for $200

BELT's stock drops 3 spots to $55, treasury is $45

Maybe I am missing something, but it doesn’t look like you are going to be able to run 2 trains next round. Might want to consider waiting until next round to pick up a second train, as the 2+ trains are better than the 2-trains. Also saves you a tiny bit on interest.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Phone posting so someone do the board for me.

PLE takes 2 loans for 200
Pays 20 to lay the expected city tile (exits north east/south east?)
Pays 10 interest
Buys 2 trains
Drops 3 to 40 price with 20 holdings

A 2 is exported, ending the supply, other people check the interest, etc. I will not be merging or aquiring the 80 price company whose name i forget.
E: double check the outstanding loans i see a few contradictions, tysm.

Mr. Squishy fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Apr 28, 2018

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Orvin posted:

Maybe I am missing something, but it doesn’t look like you are going to be able to run 2 trains next round. Might want to consider waiting until next round to pick up a second train, as the 2+ trains are better than the 2-trains. Also saves you a tiny bit on interest.

Perhaps i'm buying a train for a different company to itself buy. Basically, it'll get me an additional turn of Bess running two routes because Bess isn't gonna be getting another train anytime soon because i hosed the company up good.

Panzeh fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Apr 28, 2018

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Panzeh posted:

Perhaps i'm buying a train for a different company to itself buy. Basically, it'll get me an additional turn of Bess running two routes because Bess isn't gonna be getting another train anytime soon because i hosed the company up good.

That is when you consider growing the BESS up to a 5 share company. I have worked out if it is actually a good idea or not, but it would let you take a couple more loans to get an extra train, plus a token to possibly drop in Pittsburgh or someplace else. The main downside is that the stock will be low valued, so it won’t get much capital into the company when the shares sell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Pass on all Megers and Acquisitions for PSN and EJE

• Locked thread