Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
Gerald Harris isn't half bad but Lovato is just a ground monster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

BhindiBhaji Boogie posted:

I can't wait to see Fedor eat poo poo. The Sanchez fight might be good too! Bellator always delivers a good chuckle at least. A couple of shows ago one of the fighter's corner people forgot the stool so they couldnt sit down between rounds.

i hate to be the bearer of bad news but Mir is like -130 so this is not a done deal at all. both of these fighters are real pieces of poo poo and we just dont know how bad they'll be tonight. it's a real guess of just who wants it less tonight

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

El Roncho posted:

Gerald Harris isn't half bad but Lovato is just a ground monster.

Gerald Harris was in the middle of his second retirement and had no intentions of ever fighting again 5 days ago.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

Mr. Nice! posted:

Gerald Harris was in the middle of his second retirement and had no intentions of ever fighting again 5 days ago.

That too.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

i hate to be the bearer of bad news but Mir is like -130 so this is not a done deal at all. both of these fighters are real pieces of poo poo and we just dont know how bad they'll be tonight. it's a real guess of just who wants it less tonight

Mir should dominate Fedor in basically every aspect of the fight but Frank Mir is also Frank Mir and can get knocked out at any point in time.

I suspect its going to be a gassy boring decision.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me
https://twitter.com/etuckerAP/status/990419818020032512

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Was he just rubbing his nipples?

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Another loving amazing submission

Jiu-jitsu!

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
A lot of sick submissions on this card

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

That standing triangle :wow:

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.
that was awesome

Vitamin Boss
Oct 23, 2006
Burn it to the ground
cool sub and jumping over the cage right next to the open door ftw

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
wow these submission wizards are putting on a clinic against their +500 opponents

Vitamin Boss
Oct 23, 2006
Burn it to the ground

Marching Powder posted:

wow these submission wizards are putting on a clinic against their +500 opponents

it rules

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

At least underdogs know their place in Bellator.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

BhindiBhaji Boogie posted:

I can't wait to see Fedor eat poo poo. The Sanchez fight might be good too! Bellator always delivers a good chuckle at least. A couple of shows ago one of the fighter's corner people forgot the stool so they couldnt sit down between rounds.

When was the last time Fedor beat a legitimate, relevant contender? He beat Arlovski right before he went on the skids, but that was like ten years ago.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

This is a fantastic card

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

When was the last time Fedor beat a legitimate, relevant contender?

what does this have to do with fighting frank mir

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Somehow Sam Sicilia fought in the UFC 12 times

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

If I were Big John I would have jumped when he started yelling.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

When was the last time Fedor beat a legitimate, relevant contender? He beat Arlovski right before he went on the skids, but that was like ten years ago.

Probably like 2005 or so, when he beat Crocop.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Marching Powder posted:

what does this have to do with fighting frank mir

Oh, yeah. No. My bad. I wasn't implying that at all. Sorry for the confusion.

Maybe it would have been better worded as, "When was the last time beating Fedor meant anything?"

Edit:

Snowman_McK posted:

Probably like 2005 or so, when he beat Crocop.

Man, you might not be wrong. It's been a while. Although 2009 Arlovski is maybe not so bad, right? I'll have to check Wikipedia.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Man, you might not be wrong. It's been a while. Although 2009 Arlovski is maybe not so bad, right? I'll have to check Wikipedia.

Arlovski's last good win before that (in terms of an opponent) was a lackluster decision over Werdum. before that, he got knocked out by Tim Sylvia, then spent 25 minutes stuck on the end of Sylvia's jab.

Arlovski was basically never really good, but he was better than most of the rest.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Heavyweight is the kind of division where not being very good is not a disqualifying factor for being a contender, c.f. Travis Browne, Derrick Lewis and Mark Hunt

If you can be consistently Okay, you're gonna go far

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Let us appreciate there is a chance that a sitting president will be toppled that will involve this picture

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.

Marching Powder posted:

i've put a small bet on each of the giant underdogs, which this card is full of for some reason.

Marching Powder posted:

:negative:

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Snowman_McK posted:

Arlovski's last good win before that (in terms of an opponent) was a lackluster decision over Werdum. before that, he got knocked out by Tim Sylvia, then spent 25 minutes stuck on the end of Sylvia's jab.

Arlovski was basically never really good, but he was better than most of the rest.

Yeah. I'm not under the impression that Arlovski was ever Superman, or anything. That's why I included "relevant" in my question. I figure it's fair to judge fighters by the available competition at any point in time.

My first instinct was that 2009 Arlovski was still relevant, but that might just be straight-up wrong.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

CarlCX posted:

Heavyweight is the kind of division where not being very good is not a disqualifying factor for being a contender, c.f. Travis Browne, Derrick Lewis and Mark Hunt

If you can be consistently Okay, you're gonna go far

That was sort of Arlovski's thing: he was okay at a bunch of things, strong, and didn't have any glaring weaknesses. Then his chin turned to dust.

Yeah. I'm not under the impression that Arlovski was ever Superman, or anything. That's why I included "relevant" in my question. I figure it's fair to judge fighters by the available competition at any point in time.

My first instinct was that 2009 Arlovski was still relevant, but that might just be straight-up wrong.

Yeah, in that 'all heavyweights are three wins away from a title shot' kind of way, Arlovski was still relevant. However, in the context of his career, he's 'among the lower part of the top tier of a bad bunch'

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Lol Bellator commentary trying to bury USADA sanctions.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Snowman_McK posted:

Then his chin turned to dust.

Man, it sure did.

Snowman_McK posted:

Yeah, in that 'all heavyweights are three wins away from a title shot' kind of way, Arlovski was still relevant. However, in the context of his career, he's 'among the lower part of the top tier of a bad bunch'

That seems fair.

I took a quick screen capture of the slow-motion Fedor shadow boxing they just showed.

Edit: Is Mir developing roid gut, or is that just fat gut?

Edit II: vv OK, it's not just me.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
*Mir comes out with the six pack over his roid gut*

Big John McCarthy: Frank Mir is a clean athlete.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Is this Crash Test Dummies?

slev
Apr 6, 2009

real cool 2006 fight about to happen

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

sportsgenius86 posted:

Is this Crash Test Dummies?

Lol