Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Bored posted:

My cats yawn after I yawn. They have empathy for me.

I read once years ago that zoologists believe "contagious yawning" is a sign of high functioning social instincts in animals. Which then led to the query of if giant tortoises are social animals as they tend to gather in the same areas. So they managed to train a tortoise to yawn on command, then they stuck him in a group and repeatedly gave him the command. Turns out tortoises don't give a gently caress how each other feels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Choco1980 posted:

I read once years ago that zoologists believe "contagious yawning" is a sign of high functioning social instincts in animals. Which then led to the query of if giant tortoises are social animals as they tend to gather in the same areas. So they managed to train a tortoise to yawn on command, then they stuck him in a group and repeatedly gave him the command. Turns out tortoises don't give a gently caress how each other feels.

igNobel prize for Physiology in 2011: Anna Wilkinson (of the UK), Natalie Sebanz (of THE NETHERLANDS, HUNGARY, and AUSTRIA), Isabella Mandl (of AUSTRIA) and Ludwig Huber (of AUSTRIA) for their study "No Evidence of Contagious Yawning in the Red-Footed Tortoise."

e: link to paper: http://www.currentzoology.org/paperdetail.asp?id=11922

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Lemon posted:

why would one of Rodney's best lines be about waiting to meet a guy who could suck his own dick if he was able to do it himself, think about it people

He was really excited to meet someone from Nantucket, I guess.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

True story: a university near where I studied had over 100 students unable to graduate in one particular year because a professor refuses to give them ‘pity grades’.

The MSJ has a new favorite as of 23:56 on Apr 28, 2018

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Krankenstyle posted:

i was clearly drunkposting one year ago:

not that it excuses anything, but just for the record

Yeah I wasn't being serious, I just thought it was hilarious that anyone would try to argue that they didn't have a history of posting jokes about [horrible subject] because this is SA and we all have a history of posting jokes about pretty much every horrible thing under the sun. :v:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/actualtriangle/status/989932763032666112

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Choco1980 posted:

This made me giggle

Krankenstyle posted:

igNobel prize for Physiology in 2011: Anna Wilkinson (of the UK), Natalie Sebanz (of THE NETHERLANDS, HUNGARY, and AUSTRIA), Isabella Mandl (of AUSTRIA) and Ludwig Huber (of AUSTRIA) for their study "No Evidence of Contagious Yawning in the Red-Footed Tortoise."

e: link to paper: http://www.currentzoology.org/paperdetail.asp?id=11922

Thank you for the link.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Choco1980 posted:

Perhaps the tortoises are simply empathic enough to distinguish between fake and real yawning.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

KQo is a trash hand tho

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man

help

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

It doesn't poker KING needs
pro know every at...
take a player to his QUEEN

(girl on the right might be in the wrong place but she's got the only sign that makes sense out of context, checkmate)

incoherent light
Aug 15, 2014

a prequel, and a classic

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

See what happens when you skip rehearsal?

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

a very wet possum posted:

a prequel, and a classic

I think I may send this to my wife with the dogs labeled "me and you" and the background labeled "2018".

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Lemon posted:

why would one of Rodney's best lines be about waiting to meet a guy who could suck his own dick if he was able to do it himself, think about it people

A long time ago there was someone on these very fora who could suck his own dick, and he said something along the lines of "It's not as great as you think; it feels less like having your dick sucked, and more like sucking a dick". I feel like there's a lot of wisdom hiding in that.

incoherent light
Aug 15, 2014

Trig Discipline posted:

I think I may send this to my wife with the dogs labeled "me and you" and the background labeled "2018".

that's funny because that's the opposite of my marriage. :smith:

incoherent light
Aug 15, 2014

Trig Discipline posted:

A long time ago there was someone on these very fora who could suck his own dick, and he said something along the lines of "It's not as great as you think; it feels less like having your dick sucked, and more like sucking a dick". I feel like there's a lot of wisdom hiding in that.

It's all fun and games until someone cums in your mouth.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Oh, the next couple of pages are going to be abominable

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

This is funny to me, what's this from

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

The MSJ posted:

True story: a university near where I studied had over 100 students unable to graduate in one particular year because a professor refuses to give them ‘pity grades’.

Isn't there a meme thread for this?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Memento posted:

Couldn't tell you, I have no idea. I grabbed off of tumblr, and people don't source poo poo on there reliably so :shrug:

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
Judging by the horse ears and tails and that one of them is wearing a bridle on her head, it's likely the "racing horses are anime girls" show airing this season.

poor ol' horse-chan, thought of croquettes and died.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Memento posted:

Looks like Uma Musume, an anime about horse girls.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
It came up in the PYF comics too

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

a very wet possum posted:

that's funny because that's the opposite of my marriage. :smith:

Very happy to hear your 2018 has been "two dogs loving" so far, though! Sorry about your garbage fire marriage.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
What gets me is how casual all the people are.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

C.M. Kruger posted:

Judging by the horse ears and tails and that one of them is wearing a bridle on her head, it's likely the "racing horses are anime girls" show airing this season.

poor ol' horse-chan, thought of croquettes and died.

So when does one turn out to be Loki?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

I legit laughed

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Once you've seen a pair of dogs loving, it's no big deal anymore.

It's not like they are very creative. In fact, the are fairly well known for only doing one position.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

After a while, you just get used to it

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Dammit, Emmy, Randacoda is attacking people again. Mods?

Caufman
May 7, 2007

spog posted:

Once you've seen a pair of dogs loving, it's no big deal anymore.

It's not like they are very creative. In fact, the are fairly well known for only doing one position.

Not a joke: if you watch two dogs mating, they will go from doggy style to bum-to-bum.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Caufman posted:

Not a joke: if you watch two dogs mating, they will go from doggy style to bum-to-bum.

Fun fact: this is where Aronofsky got the idea for the plot of Requiem for a Dream.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Agents are GO! posted:

Dammit, Emmy, Randacoda is attacking people again. Mods?

snitches get stitches, bro

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Samuringa posted:

After a while, you just get used to it

Just army guys on the street I wouldn't care about either, you can see that in Brussels right now.

If they actually started pointing their guns at stuff I'd get out of there though

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Choco1980 posted:

tortoises don't give a gently caress

Thread title right there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Who tucks their pant legs into their socks?!