Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

ihatepants posted:

Lol they are gonna get no hit and shut out by a guy with horrible career numbers.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

That. Was. Awesome. :cthulhu:

The walkoff: https://streamable.com/eyk82

Bobby Cox
Nov 3, 2006

College Slice

Carlosologist posted:

this was the most Yankees-Twins series in a while

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

They did get shut down by a guy with horrible career numbers. :shrug:

Good thing he had too many strike outs and the lineup is really good at long at bats otherwise he could possibly have gone all the way. He looked like Kluber out there with the control of his curve and nasty slider out of the zone. And that the Twins bullpen is awful.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

mikeraskol posted:

How do you bench Tyler Austin btw the dude is hitting baseballs.

He sucks against any right handed pitcher who isn’t Marco Estrada. 20 strikeouts in 36 (55.6%) at bats against RHP who aren’t Estrada. He also has a .406 BABIP. I would be totally fine platooning him.

ihatepants fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Apr 26, 2018

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I would almost feel bad for the Twins about how snakebit they are against the Yankees if they didn't employ bloated woman-abuser Miguel Sano.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

mcmagic posted:

I would almost feel bad for the Twins about how snakebit they are against the Yankees if they didn't employ bloated woman-abuser Miguel Sano.

I mean, our closer is Aroldis Chapman.

thisusedyet
Feb 14, 2012

My post... it sucks!!!
Ah, but he's a rail-thin woman-abuser.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Have they announced a roster move or are they going to be rolling with a 2 man bench while Austin’s serving his suspension?

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

the Yankees will have to play with a two man bench until Austin returns

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Carlosologist posted:

Ah okay. I figured that they would just demote one of their pitchers and call up another position player but I guess with all the injuries they don't even have any other position players to call up.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
Duty should be brought up for a pitcher when he's ready. Likely tomorrow iirc

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Carlosologist posted:

They can send down a pitcher and bring up Drury, but I dunno if they'll want to make him fly across the country right now.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I had a feeling that some lovely lefty who throws 85 MPH would pitch great vs the yankees... At least he's out of the game now.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Sir Didi is the only man I will permit bunt.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

LOL WHAT THE gently caress.

How are the yankees not playing this game under protest or something? Jesus christ. What a screw job.

The yankees also have at least 5 homers die at the warning track every series in this shithole stadium too.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Apr 28, 2018

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
just fuckin' lol at Sir Didi.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Thats a good one. The umps are still HORRIBLE.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

is Didi gonna hit 35 dingers this year? his power has been off the charts so far this year

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Carlosologist posted:

is Didi gonna hit 35 dingers this year? his power has been off the charts so far this year

He's on pace for 60 and 180 RBIs! 35 is definitely a more realistic number, though.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
right now we are all Gleyber

https://twitter.com/Jomboy_/status/990095592331214848

Carlosologist posted:

He hit 25 last year while missing April so gently caress it, why not?

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Apr 28, 2018

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Inspector_666 posted:

He hit 25 last year while missing April so gently caress it, why not?

And apparently he hits ten in April!

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Apparently Axisa admitted he was wrong, and that you could totally challenge any tag ups, not just ones from third base. Boone said that he just ran out of time checking to make sure Didi's run counted. Should have just challenged anyway since it was a late game situation, and I"m sure Stanton knows that he tagged up.

Edit: You can't challenge a tag up from 2nd base according to ESPN. This play could be challenged because it could be considered a "boundary play" due to the ball being caught at the wall. The problem is that they would look at everything that happened during the play and reverse anything that was "wrong." This means that they could have decided that there wasn't enough evidence that Stanton tagged up properly and saw that Simmons stepped on the base before Didi crossed home plate and removed the run from the scoreboard. It's probably a good thing that they didn't challenge it.

ihatepants fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Apr 28, 2018

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Only 3 games out, which is pretty funny given some posts here a couple weeks ago about how Boston would be impossible to catch.

Quote this after this really rough stretch of schedule ends and the 3 games probably balloons to a bit more, but it's a long season and this team is p good ya'll

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
Just saw the Ohtani homer. Goddamn.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

ihatepants posted:

Apparently Axisa admitted he was wrong, and that you could totally challenge any tag ups, not just ones from third base. Boone said that he just ran out of time checking to make sure Didi's run counted. Should have just challenged anyway since it was a late game situation, and I"m sure Stanton knows that he tagged up.

Edit: You can't challenge a tag up from 2nd base according to ESPN. This play could be challenged because it could be considered a "boundary play" due to the ball being caught at the wall. The problem is that they would look at everything that happened during the play and reverse anything that was "wrong." This means that they could have decided that there wasn't enough evidence that Stanton tagged up properly and saw that Simmons stepped on the base before Didi crossed home plate and removed the run from the scoreboard. It's probably a good thing that they didn't challenge it.

Yeah, I understand Boone being more focused on the fact that Didi scored than Stanton being safe, and they won anyway so I can't get too worked up about it.

It's not ALDS Game 2 :v:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Remember after they signed Stanton, when Didi tweeted something like "Hey, am I still batting 4th skip?"

lol

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

The Yankees haven't lost since Gleyber came up

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
This team looks a little different than the first dozen games...

Man, they loving dismantled the Angels tonight.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Inspector_666 posted:

hell yeah

may they do so again tonight

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

Iodised QQ posted:

Only 3 games out, which is pretty funny given some posts here a couple weeks ago about how Boston would be impossible to catch.

Quote this after this really rough stretch of schedule ends and the 3 games probably balloons to a bit more, but it's a long season and this team is p good ya'll

I didn't think lovely players like Nunez would stay red hot, just that last year their lineup was even worse and we still couldn't catch them because we fell into too big of a hole. Having them play down to their true talent level on offense is nice.

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

Inspector_666 posted:

I love the production from Andujar and Torres at the bottom of the lineup and have more fun watching games knowing that the entire lineup can do damage, instead of just waiting for the top of the order to come around.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

hm

it appears that Boston's insurmountable lead has just about evaporated

almost like the first 12 games of the year weren't indicative of the team's quality

hmmmmmm

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

When was the last time they swept the Angels in Anaheim? I always seem to remember them playing terribly on these west coast trips, and especially in Anaheim. So this sweep was awesome and completely unexpected.

Wouldn't be surprised if they lost 3 of the 4 games in Houston, though. I'd be very happy with a split. The first 2 games are terrible pitching matchups (Gray vs Morton and Montgomery vs Verlander). Last two are the tossups (Severino vs Keuchel and Tanaka vs McCullers).

ihatepants fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Apr 30, 2018

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

ihatepants posted:

When was the last time they swept the Angels in Anaheim? I always seem to remember them playing terribly on these west coast trips, and especially in Anaheim. So this sweep was awesome and completely unexpected.

Wouldn't be surprised if they lost 3 of the 4 games in Houston, though. I'd be very happy with a split. The first 2 games are terrible pitching matchups (Gray vs Morton and Montgomery vs Verlander). Last two are the tossups (Severino vs Keuchel and Tanaka vs McCullers).

They did have that road trip from hell last year but I think the last 3-4 years they have been better... The 90s dynasty Yankee teams could NEVER beat the Angels.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

mcmagic posted:

They did have that road trip from hell last year but I think the last 3-4 years they have been better... The 90s dynasty Yankee teams could NEVER beat the Angels.

According to this site, it’s not very common to win a series away at Anaheim. They had 2-1 wins in 2014 and 2016, but have generally won only 1/3 of the games the past decade. The last sweep of a single series there must have been in 2003 when they went 5-1 away. In general, the Angels are the AL team for which the Yankees have the worst road record against (160-178).

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Last time the Yankees swept the Angels in Anaheim? Funny you should ask...

https://twitter.com/YankeesWFAN/status/990791615836049408

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Torres and Andujar finding success in the majors is an amazing thing for the yankees, because now that have amazing trade chips in Walker and Drury.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Paul Zuvella posted:

Torres and Andujar finding success in the majors is an amazing thing for the yankees, because now that have amazing trade chips in Walker and Drury.

I dunno how much trade value Walker has...

Or Drury honestly, given the medical stuff that was revealed by this DL stint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Paul Zuvella posted:

It doesn't really make much sense to have Drury, Walker and Torreyes all on the roster. Also, It completely changes what they can do in free agency this offseason. They should throw a stadium full of money at Kershaw and Corbin if you ask me.

• Locked thread