Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Big Grunty Secret posted:

Is Kirkland Light actually drinkable? My friends who drink PBR and Miller High Life turn down the 'Stco beer.

I think it's fine, true sign of a fool is to drink poo poo beer and be picky about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

FormatAmerica posted:

I think it's fine, true sign of a fool is to drink poo poo beer and be picky about it.

I agree in principle, and I like to think that you're wearing a Foam Dome with two 24oz cans of Hamms in it as you post this.

Yesterday I took a very peaceful communion before getting the three items I came in for and an eight pound pork loin impulse buy. The 40" tower fans that they have on sale for $20 right now are loving pro buys.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
I'll have to give Kirkland light another try, but when I had it before I remember saying to myself that it is the one and only Kirkland product that I straight up don't like. Still, $21.99 or whatever is a very good price for a 48 pack of beer.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry

Taima posted:

If you guys were all here with me I would take out a piece of printer paper and a pen and draw how I think this dude looks in real life, which would be spergy, with glasses, super awkward. The last time he talked to a lady he pit sweated so bad the girl ran away. Posts pictures of his pets on the internet.

I've never talked to a lady.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Is Kirkland Light actually drinkable? My friends who drink PBR and Miller High Life turn down the 'Stco beer.

Its like watered down keystone light, if that's possible.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Good Dog posted:

I've never talked to a lady.

Me either mate.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I don't like the look of it...
I love Costco but Kirkland Light beer is loving god awful swill. Even my cheap beer drinking friends hate it.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Huge_Midget posted:

I love Costco but Kirkland Light beer is loving god awful swill. Even my cheap beer drinking friends hate it.

I wish it was around during college. Perfect beer pong/college poverty beer.

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo

Piling on to say Kirkland Light is pretty loving bad, and I'm ok with a lot of bad beer brands.

Don't drink that poo poo.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
I love poo poo beer and Kirkland light just has about zero alcohol is the problem.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
My father in law drinks poo poo like Hams and Busch and will not drink Kirkland Light. He tried to give some away to me, but my wife said no.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

Since we’re on the topic of Kirkland Light beer, behold this masterpiece.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHRNzj_G7Us

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Costco sells expensive liquor for cheaper. I wish they also sold rotgut liquor for cheaper. I want to buy a gallon jug of Ancient Age for ten bucks.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Just buy Kirkland and get expensive liquor at rotgut prices? PBUC

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

Dude the American Vodka is pretty much there. It's like 11.99 for a handle. I get that's not 10 bucks a gallon, but nothing is perfect.

Of course you will have to deal with the fact that it is vodka and therefore less of a drink than a vehicle for cheap intoxication, but that's not too different from any cheap liquor.

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

Today, I went to Costco without purchasing anything from the food court.

That's because it was a Business Center. PBUC.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Symetrique posted:

Today, I went to Costco without purchasing anything from the food court.

That's because it was a Business Center. PBUC.

Theres a business center 2 blocks from where I get my tires rotated/replaced. I get something, eat, chill, get my refill, walk back and my car is always almost done. Its great.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
There should be one day a year when everyone can shop at costco, regardless of membership. They could call it The Purge or something.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

There should be one day a year when everyone can shop at costco, regardless of membership. They could call it The Purge or something.

They pretty much break even on their sales so that's not a good idea. Membership fees are what makes Costco profitable.

Which is why the whole system is brilliant. You can easily EASILY recoup your membership fee even as a single adult because you can save so much on essentials that you basically HAVE to buy. (Gasoline, paper products, clothes, FOOD (steak!!!) etc.)

I literally don't even have to step into the store to recoup my annual fee based on how much gasoline I buy (SoCal commuter here). If you got a brood then the savings will multiply.

PBUC!

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

I need to get my snow tires taken off but I can't tell if the tire center is open on Sunday?

Also, will they swap tires if I don't buy new ones? I already have the non snow tires...

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Just buy Kirkland and get expensive liquor at rotgut prices? PBUC

This times a bajillion. Although I am very much not a fan of the botanical blend they use for their "not Bombay" gin. Their $20 handle of Grey Goose quality vodka is an amazing deal, as expected. PBUC.

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

I've been reading this thread for two weeks now and finally feel like I can join my righteous brethren.

Had a good run at the co today. Anyone else try out the chicken tikka masala sandwiches they have in the freezer section? As far as preserved sandwiches go they are very tasty (but might need more to make a meal).

Had a hot dog communion with the wife today (I had onions and relish she had onions and mustard). Never paid much attention but the soda cups carry lots of soda. Careful with the refills!

Got the prepared bulgogi to try tonight. I've been cooking Chinese style beef from scratch recently so maybe this will push me to try different seasonings.

PBUC!!!

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Cursed images.png

Chinatown posted:

agreed, no onion OR relish? wtf.

Only a true philistine would throw shade on one's Dog. The truth of communion does not discriminate between relish, onions, or kraut; the glory of the dog blesses all those that partake. PBUC.

Great buys recently, Sanuk sandals are $9.97 are lady Toms are $19.97 online.

ThirstyBuck fucked around with this message at 13:01 on Apr 29, 2018

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

BaconCopter posted:

This times a bajillion. Although I am very much not a fan of the botanical blend they use for their "not Bombay" gin. Their $20 handle of Grey Goose quality vodka is an amazing deal, as expected. PBUC.

Can we just stop with the implication that expensive vodka is better?

The $12 handle of vodka is as good or better than the supposed "grey goose" vodka. If anything you should just buy a handle of Grey Goose, drink it, and then refill it with the $12 handle for the rest of your days.

No one will ever, EVER tell the difference. I challenge you to get a few people you know and blind test the two bottles.

Vodka in general is a ludicrous scam based almost entirely on placebo and brand fellatio.

ThirstyBuck posted:

Great buys recently, Sanuk sandals are $9.97 are lady Toms are $19.97 online.

Sweet thanks for the heads up!

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Speaking of tires, how is the Costco auto service? I think I need new tires soon.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Taima posted:

Can we just stop with the implication that expensive vodka is better?

The $12 handle of vodka is as good or better than the supposed "grey goose" vodka. If anything you should just buy a handle of Grey Goose, drink it, and then refill it with the $12 handle for the rest of your days.

No one will ever, EVER tell the difference. I challenge you to get a few people you know and blind test the two bottles.

Vodka in general is a ludicrous scam based almost entirely on placebo and brand fellatio.

Pretty sure the French Kirkland vodka is made by Grey Goose anyway, so you're really not going to be able to tell the difference.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Grem posted:

Speaking of tires, how is the Costco auto service? I think I need new tires soon.

Good deals with $70 off rotating brands with free mounting and balancing for life. Prices are same or cheaper than tirerack.

Downside is that is takes forever to get service and every time I get my tires balanced is take a minimum 2-3 hours no matter how early I get there.

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

Grem posted:

The service is good but also dependent on how busy they are. I would not recommend going during rush hour. I've been happy with the tires we got. Haven't taken advantage of any extra services (nitrogen refill etc) since getting them, I should get on that.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

Costco tires and battery service is phenomenal value. The current deal is $70 off any set of Michelin tires with $0.01 per tire mounting fee. The batteries are Interstate batteries, which are some of the best that money can buy.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Grem posted:

They're very good but its also dependent of how busy your store is and if you can do other things (most Costcos are in isolated strip-mall unwalkable areas). If your store isn't too bad and you can go on a weekday before they open (tire center usually opens an hour-ish before main doors, protip so get there early) and do some shopping for the next hour, yeah go for it. I've bitched about the business of the richmond bay area costco and if i wanted to get tires, it's usually a minimum 4 hr+ thing that's often because already a line to get into the tire center before they even open those doors. on a weekday

but yeah great value, great warrenties, praise costco

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
My Costco had me make an appointment to get the tires mounted, and only made the appt after they had my tires shipped in, because they weren't in stock.

Even so, would tire again.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
Grabbed a package of "32 Degrees Men's Cool Tee 2-pack" the other day as I've got some ratty lookin' shirts that need replacing. Very comfortable and light, going to buy more when I go take communion this week, would recommend.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Has anyone ever got eye glasses from costco?

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I did about three months ago. Actually asked this thread the same question beforehand. It was a good experience and was cheap AF.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Yes, they are cheap. Got frames (oakley) with lenses with foe $38 with insurance. At the eye clinic last time the same thing cost me over $200

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

The hot take police are here

https://www.cheatsheet.com/money-career/costco-will-be-a-thing-of-the-past-and-heres-why.html/?a=viewall

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Wearing some right now. Cheap, decent quality, vaguely stylish

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

Sensationalist... Can anyone who understands this tell me if an internet retailer compete in price for bulk paper goods (paper towels and toilet paper)? Wouldn't shipping just eat up all the margin there is to be made?

Also the appeal of Costco isn't just the value it's that the buyers are always pushing new products that are difficult to get exposure to otherwise. Don't like something you got? Costco's got your back with a more than generous return policy.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
i'm never going to buy vegetables online, that's just inviting disaster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

I am wearing a pair currently, they are decent. Would recommend getting the actual exam elsewhere as they seem swamped though.