Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

P.N.T.M.
Jan 14, 2006

tiny dinosaurs
Fun Shoe
Was just going to pay the Thompson diet. If I ever think about how nice it would be to never work again, I remember that he eventually got so bored of that routine he shot himself.

:nws:Edit: New page, new me:nws:

P.N.T.M. has a new favorite as of 01:42 on Apr 30, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

SUMMON THE GUILLOTINE

WE MUST HARVEST THE SKULLS OF THE RICH

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man

Guy Goodbody posted:

Do you see two faces or a vase?

I see like, 6 chins.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Say Nothing posted:

And strangely the guy surviving on sausages, milky bars and screaming looks so much healthier than him.

Something something, college student.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

DoctorJones
Apr 28, 2003

Fortune and Glory.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Pakled posted:

and now the serious version

that guy wrote a paleo cookbook for babies that had to be pulped because it was deemed likely to cause a lotta deaths

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

That is violence. Whoever bought that av for me should be banned

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

My favorite is the alkalized water paired with an acid.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Why is that person threatening their identical twin?

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Who What Now posted:

Rumiko Takahashi, the richest woman in Japan, can’t draw very many faces.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm actually gonna explain this one because it's important. Tokyo Story is a 1953 movie by acclaimed Japanese director Yasujiro Ozu. Widely considered his masterpiece and one of the greatest movies ever made, it's a slow moving, intimate portrayal of a family in post-war Japan. Like most Ozu movies, the major themes are conflict between the expectations of different generations, societal change, the inevitability of death, and the continuance of life.

Visually Ozu is famous for locked down, static shot. He rejected the dynamism of American cinema and instead aimed to draw the viewer into the simple domesticity of his scenes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_LXe4PIKtQ

Here is a poster for Tokyo Story

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

MayakovskyMarmite
Dec 5, 2009
LOL! Can't decide if they look more like the cast members from a web exclusive reality show about guns or a straight to DVD Red Dawn sequel made for Mormons.

https://twitter.com/Cernovich/status/990760049629741057

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Who What Now posted:

Ryoga is the guy threatening the other guy, Ranma. They were supposed to have a duel, but Ryoga's sense of direction is terrible and he gets lost, so Ranma gives up on waiting for him.

Ryoga still insists on challenging him, so he follows Ranma to China, where Ranma and his father are training at the cursed springs. Ranma and his father fall into the springs and get cursed, and then they accidentally bump into Ryoga and he falls into the springs and gets cursed too. Now after finally finding Ranma again, he wants revenge for being cursed.

Ranma 1/2 is a really fun sitcom-y anime. You should watch it.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Anime is bad.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

MayakovskyMarmite posted:

LOL! Can't decide if they look more like the cast members from a web exclusive reality show about guns or a straight to DVD Red Dawn sequel made for Mormons.

https://twitter.com/Cernovich/status/990760049629741057

Why's the kid on the right holding his AK by the vertical foregrip instead of where the trigger is?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Facebook Aunt posted:

Is cheese sold by the yard?

Probably, it pairs well with fruit and that's sold by the foot.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Paladinus posted:

Anime is bad.

Some anime tropes are bad and potentially unique to the style, but anime itself is too broad to dismiss the whole thing.

Ranma's a pretty silly show filled with sitcom premises, ridiculous fight scenes, and cheezy plotlines about unrequited love leading to ridiculous fight scenes. It's like if Family Matters was a cartoon.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Guy Goodbody posted:

I'm actually gonna explain this one because it's important. Tokyo Story is a 1953 movie by acclaimed Japanese director Yasujiro Ozu. Widely considered his masterpiece and one of the greatest movies ever made, it's a slow moving, intimate portrayal of a family in post-war Japan. Like most Ozu movies, the major themes are conflict between the expectations of different generations, societal change, the inevitability of death, and the continuance of life.

Visually Ozu is famous for locked down, static shot. He rejected the dynamism of American cinema and instead aimed to draw the viewer into the simple domesticity of his scenes

Now this is some top quality Guy Goodbody posting.

Bring back the rule.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

Jamesman posted:

Some anime tropes are bad and potentially unique to the style, but anime itself is too broad to dismiss the whole thing.

Ranma's a pretty silly show filled with sitcom premises, ridiculous fight scenes, and cheezy plotlines about unrequited love leading to ridiculous fight scenes. It's like if Family Matters was a cartoon.

And following in the footsteps of American shows, it got cancelled right as it was getting real good.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Dannywilson posted:

And following in the footsteps of American shows, it got cancelled right as it was getting real good.

I think that's just how the author pretty much refuses to ever write an ending to his series.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The whole world should be black because we are all prisoners of our human nature.

Also if the whole world is black, of course we'd be in prison.

The MSJ has a new favorite as of 07:25 on Apr 30, 2018

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Guy Goodbody posted:

This is incredible and hilarious

You really should keep explaining your posts because they're just legit way better when you do. Let us in on the funny in your head dude

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Guy Goodbody posted:

haha that monkey has a hammer

classic

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

chitoryu12 posted:

Why's the kid on the right holding his AK by the vertical foregrip instead of where the trigger is?

dont kinkshame

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Jamesman posted:

Ryoga is the guy threatening the other guy, Ranma. They were supposed to have a duel, but Ryoga's sense of direction is terrible and he gets lost, so Ranma gives up on waiting for him.

Ryoga still insists on challenging him, so he follows Ranma to China, where Ranma and his father are training at the cursed springs. Ranma and his father fall into the springs and get cursed, and then they accidentally bump into Ryoga and he falls into the springs and gets cursed too. Now after finally finding Ranma again, he wants revenge for being cursed.

Ranma 1/2 is a really fun sitcom-y anime. You should watch it.

Ranma 1/2 is seriously cursed and should belong in the Cursed Thread.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Pakled posted:

and now the serious version

punchymcpunch posted:

that guy wrote a paleo cookbook for babies that had to be pulped because it was deemed likely to cause a lotta deaths

You'll be shocked to learn that he also has some really groundbreaking opinions on vaccination and water fluoridation.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

DiggityDoink posted:

Ranma 1/2 is seriously cursed and should belong in the Cursed Thread.

Can't argue there.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Can't decide if I like Penis Warehouse Positioning or the smoke cloud clipart makes it look like the underwear are containing an angry penis dragon more.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I think my favorite phrase there is "bag health".

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

You know The Rock is popular because this post has not only 2.7 million likes and over 100,000 comments, but the first 2 dozen or so comments are also from verified accounts.

The MSJ has a new favorite as of 11:08 on Apr 30, 2018

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

That is a strange dong alignment.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Guy Goodbody posted:

That is violence. Whoever bought that av for me should be banned

the best violence.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Yeah, this is a hilarious episode and the first season of Ranma 1/2 is really good. Thank god it's equally funny posted out of context with no sense of timing or animation.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Jamesman posted:

Family Matters is bad too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Double Bill posted:

That is a strange dong alignment.

Chaotic slightly to the left