Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
i also wish i supported an actual good team like sydney. that would be cool. i look forward to the retard fight tomorrow against essendon resulting in a kick after the siren by a first year player to decide the match

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Bayley Fritsch with a set shot, 30m out on a slight angle to win the game after the siren, with scores level, which he miskicks and spears into the back of Goddard's head, who didn't see it coming as he was busy remonstrating with Saad, Hooker, and Zaharakis all at the same time

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

realbez posted:

Worpel has 8 siblings holy poo poo that is too many children

Agreed, it’s a vagina not a clown car.

Unless they’re all good at footy and the old man used to play for Essendon

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Melbourne are completely broken. I feel like talent keeps us in games but dumb mistakes and horrible structure and gameday coaching means we're nowhere near finals ready.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Hang on. If you are kicking a ball in that went OOB on the full and you also kick it OOB without the ball ever entering play why the gently caress is it a throw in? That's loving stupid.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

There wasn't Mutch in that

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Just call that Gawn's pocket from now on

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Ahahaha played on. Oh that would suck

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Wow Essendon are bad

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Rance you cockhead

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

Testekill posted:

Dunn you cockhead

(Was pretty soft though)

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Did someone forget to remind MUYB that there was a Melbourne match on today?

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

The Deadly Hume posted:

Wow Essendon are bad

I wish Melbourne really sunk the boot in so there’d be some real pressure on the bombers to change whatever they’ve been loving up since the end of last season

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

gay picnic defence posted:

I wish Melbourne really sunk the boot in so there’d be some real pressure on the bombers to change whatever they’ve been loving up since the end of last season

Turns out that the Bombers have a soft midfield and did absolutely nothing to fix it.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

You Am I posted:

Did someone forget to remind MUYB that there was a Melbourne match on today?

He only posts when they are bad, he only knows how to be unhappy

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
I think he also refuses to engage with anything to do with Etihad stadium.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Rance gets so many soft frees

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
The Rance flop gets them every time.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Testekill posted:

Turns out that the Bombers have a soft midfield and did absolutely nothing to fix it.

That doesn’t help but the only big bodied mid we lost was Watson who did gently caress all and was slower than a wet week. I wasn’t expecting a dramatic climb up the ladder but they should at least be a top 8ish side like last season.

I loving hope we get Setterfield post season or Clarke steps up

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Testekill posted:

rance is the most overrated player in the competition by a loving mile

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Testekill posted:

He was in the media last week saying defenders are treated too harshly by umpires lol

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
Cotchin has somehow been given three frees for things that clearly should have gone against him. It's hosed.

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

The derby was intense

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Jay Clark making the brave argument that the team that lost by 7 goals and took 3 injuries out of the match was the real winner

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Gonna go ahead and say that we can compete for a premiership this year. That was a pretty good win.

e: Hurn is having a career year as well, finished atop the player ratings yet again

Diet Crack fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Apr 29, 2018

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

Diet Crack posted:

Gonna go ahead and say that we can compete for a premiership this year. That was a pretty good win.

e: Hurn is having a career year as well, finished atop the player ratings yet again

Both sides can take positives out of the game, unfortunately for us Walters did a medial, so will probably be out for a month.

I think having a more mcg like ground at home will end up helping both the WA sides at the pointy end of the season (I think Freo might sneak in the 8 if we can keep Sandi on the park while Darcy is getting himself right).

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

The more games I see of the Dockers this year I realise Alex Pearce is legit.

Also dunno why the Dockers shaved a dwarf from Lord of the Rings and let him loose on the football field this year.

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Probably Redden’s best game of football since his peak at Brisbane as well

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

snaeksikn posted:

The more games I see of the Dockers this year I realise Alex Pearce is legit.

Also dunno why the Dockers shaved a dwarf from Lord of the Rings and let him loose on the football field this year.

Ballantyne has been playing for at Freo for 10 years now :confused: :v:

Pearce was the player I was most excited about seeing play this year, he was just starting to really show how good he can be just before he broke his leg the first time.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

I still hold hope for Andrew Browne

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Conversation on 360 about congestion. Chatting about reducing teams to 16 a side and I don't mind it.

Less congestion, smaller lists required, more concentrated talent pool for the AFL.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

I think it’s better than nearly every other suggestion, which are aimed at fatiguing players and will just result in a lower quality game and more athletes being drafted.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

The AFL are banking on the long term talent pool boost from the QLD and NSW expansions

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
16 a side works for the women...

It is probably the only serious rule change i'd implement, 16 a side and uncapped rotations and 6 on the bench no emergencies.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.
Lets just make the grounds smaller as well.. say 120meters long and about 50 or so wide.. Perhaps remove the point posts so its easier to remember the scores.. actually making those sherrins is kind of a pain in the rear end as well so probably easier just to make it round... If we focus more on certain skills only we could increase it.. so perhaps no more handballs at all? Kicking only! Also tackling the man is pretty dangerous so maybe only with your feet.. and only at the ball.. yeah probably for the best. Whilst we're at it drinking some lead based paint sounds like a good idea too... whatya say boys?

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

drunkill posted:

16 a side works for the women...

It is probably the only serious rule change i'd implement, 16 a side and uncapped rotations and 6 on the bench no emergencies.

You'd still need emergencies to cover any late injuries/withdrawals.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
There’s probably about four too many teams tbh

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
So apparently the AFL released an app for Vic State leagues today: http://vfl.com.au/vfl-app-launched/

Haven't checked it out yet but thought others here might be interested in it.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Shmoses posted:

There’s probably about four too many teams tbh

Collingwood Richmond Carlton and Essendon :getout:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Turns out that raid on Mark Thompson's warehouse loft turned up nearly 1kg of mdma, 33g (grams, not miligrams) of Ice and a tablet of LSD with his DNA over the packaging.

Worth around $450k on the street, he'll be going away.

The second essendon drug saga continues.

drunkill fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Apr 30, 2018