Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

mcmagic posted:

It doesn't really make much sense to have Drury, Walker and Torreyes all on the roster. Also, It completely changes what they can do in free agency this offseason. They should throw a stadium full of money at Kershaw and Corbin if you ask me.

I honestly don't want Kershaw. He's going to cost $allofit and the chronic back issues scare me.

But yes, if things keep up like they are, I hope they go hard after pitching this offseason. Lot of baseball left, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

mcmagic posted:

It doesn't really make much sense to have Drury, Walker and Torreyes all on the roster. Also, It completely changes what they can do in free agency this offseason. They should throw a stadium full of money at Kershaw and Corbin if you ask me.

Yes, a year ago I was all in on Machado, but Didi turning into prime A-rod, as well as having 5-6 great, cheap, cost controlled bats. This trade deadline they are almost certainly going to be all in on the best pitcher who is on the market. Frazier still is completely unnecessary, especially with Florial looking so good in the minors.

I still think Fullmer is going to end up on the Yanks come the trade deadline. Something like Frazier/Chance Adams/a lesser prospect seems like a good thing to trade for his 4 years of control. I'm not so sure that Kershaw is the best target, but Corbin seems like an obvious target for the Yankees. A Severino/Corbin/Tanaka/Fullmer/Gray rotation seems like what we could be looking at next year.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
I like Corbin, I'd gladly take him. Kershaw doesn't fit what they are trying to do (save money) and lol if you think the Dodgers will ever let him leave ever

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Nodoze posted:

I like Corbin, I'd gladly take him. Kershaw doesn't fit what they are trying to do (save money) and lol if you think the Dodgers will ever let him leave ever

Do you realize how cheap this team is going to be in 2 years? Even after they sign Didi. They won't need to worry about saving money and I'm not here for any of these "doesn't fit" takes when you're talking about the the best pitcher of the generation in his prime. They might not have a shot at him but they will DEFINITELY try.

Paul Zuvella posted:

Yes, a year ago I was all in on Machado, but Didi turning into prime A-rod, as well as having 5-6 great, cheap, cost controlled bats. This trade deadline they are almost certainly going to be all in on the best pitcher who is on the market. Frazier still is completely unnecessary, especially with Florial looking so good in the minors.

I still think Fullmer is going to end up on the Yanks come the trade deadline. Something like Frazier/Chance Adams/a lesser prospect seems like a good thing to trade for his 4 years of control. I'm not so sure that Kershaw is the best target, but Corbin seems like an obvious target for the Yankees. A Severino/Corbin/Tanaka/Fullmer/Gray rotation seems like what we could be looking at next year.

I'm just not a big Fullmer fan. Corbin is just a given. Unless he gets injured this season he's gonna be a yankee in 19.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Apr 30, 2018

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Fulmer, guys.

(I'm also not huge on him, low K-rates and good but not elite GB% are a worrying combo for Yankee Stadium.)

(Also I would like to see Florial play a full season above A-ball before we're replacing Frazier on the depth chart.)

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

mcmagic posted:

I'm just not a big Fullmer fan.

This still makes no sense. Dude is like the 3rd or 4th best pitcher 25 or under in the entire league.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Inspector_666 posted:

Fulmer, guys.

(I'm also not huge on him, low K-rates and good but not elite GB% are a worrying combo for Yankee Stadium.)

I dont understand this line of thinking. Dude is elite at preventing HR, literally 2nd best in the league last season.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Paul Zuvella posted:

I dont understand this line of thinking. Dude is elite at preventing HR, literally 2nd best in the league last season.

He plays in the grand canyon.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Paul Zuvella posted:

I mean, I think I laid it out in my post. I don't necessarily not want Fulmer, but I worry how his style will work out in the AL East. His SIERA has been above 4 all three seasons in Detroit, and his xFIP is also closer to 4 than 3 overall.

I don't think he's bad, I just don't know how he'd fare in NY with our Little rear end Park.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I've never seen a guy strike out on more borderline 3-2 pitches than Judge.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

mcmagic posted:

He plays in the grand canyon.

Fulmer’s got a career 0.90 HR/9 away from Comerica Park (0.78 at home) in ~30 more innings pitched, which would have still been 4th in all of baseball last year.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
I don't buy Fulmer as a sustainable good pitcher long term

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Nodoze posted:

I don't buy Fulmer as a sustainable good pitcher long term

You're not signing up for him "long term", you're signing up for his 25-30 seasons because he is still under team control until 2023.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Paul Zuvella posted:

You're not signing up for him "long term", you're signing up for his 25-30 seasons because he is still under team control until 2023.

4 years in long term plus you're giving up prospect capital.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
Do we actually want to trade Frazier when Gardner is like 90 years old? I guess if you think you are one arm away from winning the world series this year you have to do it.

Bobby Cox
Nov 3, 2006

College Slice
I'd be fine with signing Hicks long term, personally, as I get the feeling he's flying relatively under the radar and wouldn't command some huge contract. The corners are accounted for so an outfield of Stanton, Judge, Hicks in center and Gardner/Ellsbury (ugh) spelling them sounds pretty great. Pitching seems like the more pressing need.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

mikeraskol posted:

Do we actually want to trade Frazier when Gardner is like 90 years old? I guess if you think you are one arm away from winning the world series this year you have to do it.

We'll be fine, Ellsbury is still signed until 2020 :suicide:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Bobby Cox posted:

I'd be fine with signing Hicks long term, personally, as I get the feeling he's flying relatively under the radar and wouldn't command some huge contract. The corners are accounted for so an outfield of Stanton, Judge, Hicks in center and Gardner/Ellsbury (ugh) spelling them sounds pretty great. Pitching seems like the more pressing need.

Lets see what Florial is first.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

mcmagic posted:

Lets see what Florial is first.

Florial is likely 2+ years away.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

yeah, it seems a bit premature to dismiss Frazier as a non-integral piece going forward. Gardner is probably not coming back next year even though he's a big piece of the clubhouse culture (bad start nonwithstanding); personally I feel that Ellsbury won't play at all this year unless they all get banged up beyond recognition

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Inspector_666 posted:

Florial is likely 2+ years away.

Yeah but Hicks is 2 years away from free agency.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

mikeraskol posted:

Even with gardy being old as gently caress, you have Stanton/Hicks/Judge/Ellsbury under contract until at least 2020 with Florial waiting in the wings before that. Frazier is ready now, and the only way that can actually make use of him is to trade him for something they can actually use.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

mcmagic posted:

Yeah but Hicks is 2 years away from free agency.

Dammit I always forget how BB-Ref handles arb years in the top part of the player page.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Ahh Charlie Morton. The career number 6 starter who magically at 32 years old started throwing 99 MPH. I'm sure thats 100% legit.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 01:20 on May 1, 2018

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
Playing the Astros sucks

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Amazing what happens when you elevate fastballs.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

this game is a success because Gray managed to handle the Astros pretty capably and hopefully he can springboard to more consistency next time out

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Carlosologist posted:

this game is a success because Gray managed to handle the Astros pretty capably and hopefully he can springboard to more consistency next time out

And another good Dellin appearance!

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
This lineup needs bird against right handers

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Boone should've gotten thrown out arguing that call on Gary. That poo poo was in the lefty batters box.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

These AB's the last two games are pretty pathetic.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
:rip: Gumby

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
Good dellin is good?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Nice effort there Gardy.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

AkumaHokoru posted:

Good dellin is good?

Moreso than his line the last few outings, he looked like he was on the edge tonight and then pulled himself together and got the job done. That's big.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Inspector_666 posted:

Moreso than his line the last few outings, he looked like he was on the edge tonight and then pulled himself together and got the job done. That's big.

Yeah, his problem of late has been that once things start to go bad the wheels come off and he falls apart. Its cautiously reassuring to see him get himself into trouble and then pitch his way out of that. Not being able to do that is his biggest problem.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Jesus Christ Stanton.

Thank you Jesus for El Gary

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

mcmagic posted:

Jesus Christ Stanton.

He's pulling off so hard on every swing.

He should try to just hit like Austin Romine for a couple of weeks.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

That was a BOMB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
This is some goooooooooood poo poo.

• Locked thread