Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Sir Lemming posted:

Just promise not to give Trent a Stone Cold Stunner, he's old now

Trent may be old but if he's still even in half as huge as he was in around when With Teeth came out I have no doubt he could kick my rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Pops Mgee posted:

Trent may be old but if he's still even in half as huge as he was in around when With Teeth came out I have no doubt he could kick my rear end.

I think he's chilled out on the whole hulking out thing in recent years, possibly due to being a dad now? I think getting huge was big for him in the years immediately after he got sober as a coping mechanism, but I'm not sure he really needs/wants that anymore.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Nail Rat posted:

For those who have the Fragile Deviations, do you feel it's worth it or not really? I noticed recently ts back in stock despite the whole "one time pressing" thing. I guess he found more in a closet.

It's hard to say, it's really kind of subjective. It's maybe not as good as I originally hoped, as several of the new tracks are like a minute or two of noise rather than long-lost gems. But there are some really cool ones there, and I also love anything along the lines of instrumentals, multitracks, etc. Is it legitimately best experienced as a vinyl, instead of just a multitrack or remix.nin.com dump like he used to do? Not really. And sadly the packaging isn't anything special either. That said, the price isn't as crazy as it seems -- it's 4 records, so at the standard price of almost $20 per record, that adds up.

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I think he's chilled out on the whole hulking out thing in recent years, possibly due to being a dad now? I think getting huge was big for him in the years immediately after he got sober as a coping mechanism, but I'm not sure he really needs/wants that anymore.

I was hoping he was bulking up to the inevitable Reznor Vs Rollins cage match that’s been due for decades.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Nail Rat posted:

For those who have the Fragile Deviations, do you feel it's worth it or not really? I noticed recently ts back in stock despite the whole "one time pressing" thing. I guess he found more in a closet.

Eh, depends. I don’t necessarily regret buying it, but I was really disappointed in the packaging. I was underwhelmed. I get that it’s a limited run 4xLP set, but I’ve bought other 2-3xLP sets for a fraction of the price that have come with more. It’s as bare bones as it comes. It doesn’t even have special sleeves or anything, just your normal-rear end white paper.

a_pineapple
Dec 23, 2005

Been on a late 80s early 90s industrial/ebm kick the last week or so, and stumbled across 1000 Homo DJs - Supernaut: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yN7RKkKSfuw

Gat dang do I love me some drug-fueled screamy electro punk Trent. Would've been interesting to be 20-something in 1990 Chicago and be part of that scene.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

I've got that CD floating around somewhere! Supernaut is great.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

sleepwalkers posted:

Eh, depends. I don’t necessarily regret buying it, but I was really disappointed in the packaging. I was underwhelmed. I get that it’s a limited run 4xLP set, but I’ve bought other 2-3xLP sets for a fraction of the price that have come with more. It’s as bare bones as it comes. It doesn’t even have special sleeves or anything, just your normal-rear end white paper.

This is pretty disappointing, I think I'll pass. If I'm spending more than $50 on a record (or set) I definitely want there to be some, you know, experience to the physical component. He's the guy that made such a big deal about that :confused:

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Is the content from remix.nin.com archived anywhere? I was just reading about some of the "official" stuff hosted there and it sounded really cool.

e: also I'm hoping the answer to my initial question isn't "Apple Music"

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

Some of it seems to be here: http://ninremixes.com not sure about the official stuff. The NIN wiki says it's on archive.org but I couldn't find it.

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

http://rivercityrockfest.com/

Festival performance in San Antonio on September 22nd. Guess I will get to see NIN after all :getin:

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Whole lot of 90s as headliners there.

jagstag
Oct 26, 2015

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

:lol: Then again, I could've just been talking out of my rear end there

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
There are a few (most likely) fake NIN tracks floating around Youtube. According to the leaker, the 3rd EP was scrapped and there is a 12 track album coming out. Again, I'm sure it is fake, but they are relatively convincing.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

NIN has had such a strong influence on the kinds of soft synth presets people want to gently caress around with that these days the fake NIN tracks practically make themselves

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

Woah, eyeglasses? He's some sort of jock nerd hipster dad.

repeating
Nov 14, 2005

let's discuss the persistence of loss.jpg

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Oh, there's a TR version of that meme my dudes

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Molestationary Store posted:

Oh, there's a TR version of that meme my dudes

...wait, were we supposed to get an Aaliyah + NIN collaboration? :stare:

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

Krijgt geen speciaal kerstdiner!
trent tweeted again (first time in a year if you don't count all the promo tweets of his own work)

https://twitter.com/trent_reznor/status/993235063595651073

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYOjWnS4cMY

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I like the video a lot but not so much the song.

Also, did y'all know The Slip is 10 years old :staredog:
https://twitter.com/rob_sheridan/status/993279564980748288

Where have the last 10 years gone?!

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Not only is the Slip 10 years old the last proper NIN album is 5 years old.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

I like the video a lot but not so much the song.

I've watched the video a shitload this morning after coming around to it late, mostly on my mobile because it was a great video to watch and watch again. Just chucked it on the computer with a decent soundsystem and holy poo poo, there's a lot more going on than I first heard. Give it another chance on some good speakers.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

I, Butthole posted:

I've watched the video a shitload this morning after coming around to it late, mostly on my mobile because it was a great video to watch and watch again. Just chucked it on the computer with a decent soundsystem and holy poo poo, there's a lot more going on than I first heard. Give it another chance on some good speakers.

Yeah, I don’t know if it’s a great song, but the recording/production is stellar.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
hey ya'll

new nin na tour

http://www.nin.com/tickets2018/

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Uh

I have to go to a meeting and the page seems to be crashing but NEW LP?!

https://twitter.com/ninhotline/status/994579617477484545

EDIT: "LP" referring to the vinyl format I think, not length

01. poo poo MIRROR
02. AHEAD OF OURSELVES
03. PLAY THE GODDAMNED PART
04. GOD BREAK DOWN THE DOOR
05. I'M NOT FROM THIS WORLD
06. OVER AND OUT

BAD WITCH  PRESSED ON 180GRAM VINYL.

INCLUDES YOUR CHOICE OF DIGITAL DOWNLOAD FORMAT DELIVERED ON JUNE 22ND, 2018.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
Guess so! Here's the details if it's crashing for you.

https://store.nin.com/collections/music/products/bad-witch-lp?variant=8645179179100 posted:

BAD WITCH LP
$20.00
THIS IS A PREORDER ITEM AND IS EXPECTED TO SHIP ON OR AROUND JUNE 22ND, 2018. ANY ITEMS ORDERED WITH THIS PRODUCT WILL SHIP TOGETHER.

TRACKLIST

01. poo poo MIRROR
02. AHEAD OF OURSELVES
03. PLAY THE GODDAMNED PART
04. GOD BREAK DOWN THE DOOR
05. I'M NOT FROM THIS WORLD
06. OVER AND OUT

BAD WITCH PRESSED ON 180GRAM VINYL.

INCLUDES YOUR CHOICE OF DIGITAL DOWNLOAD FORMAT DELIVERED ON JUNE 22ND, 2018.

There's a few bundles with a bunch of merchandise too.

Caseman
Mar 21, 2006

Only on sale in person. So if they arn't playing near you, good luck.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

NINE INCH NAILS HAS ALWAYS BEEN ABOUT BRINGING PEOPLE TOGETHER, LIVING LIFE TO THE FULLEST AND GOOD TIMES.**

Pizza Club
Aug 28, 2006

President Jerk

Caseman posted:

Only on sale in person. So if they arn't playing near you, good luck.

I think I'm at the age where I'm probably not going to camp out for concert tickets but I appreciate the logic.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Okay gently caress you Ron

quote:

TICKETS FOR COLD AND BLACK AND INFINITE NORTH AMERICA 2018 WILL GO ON SALE MAY 19 EXCLUSIVELY AT THE PHYSICAL WORLD PRESALE

What?  Why?  Physical World Presale?
The promise of a world made better by computers and online connectivity has failed us in many ways, particularly when it comes to ticketing.  Everything about the process sucks and everyone loses except the reseller. We’ve decided to try something different that will also likely suck, but in a different way.  We’re hoping many of you will be happy with the results, while some may do what they always do and bitch about it.

Here’s how it works:
You (an actual human being) show up at the box office, interact with the ticket seller (another actual human being) and purchase up to four tickets that will actually be handed to you on the spot.  The tickets will not be available online or anywhere else before or during that day.  All seats (including the best seats) will be available first come, first serve.  You may actually encounter other actual human beings with similar interests likely wearing black clothing during the process and potentially interact with THEM.  The experience has the potential* to be enjoyable.  Nine Inch Nails has always been about bringing people together, living life to the fullest and good times.**

This is loving lame on like every level

Caseman
Mar 21, 2006

I don't understand what the problem was with the way they did it during the Lights in the Sky tour. Print your name on the ticket, you show an ID and the names have to match. Tickets can't be scalped, because you can't get into the show unless you're the one that bought the tickets.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Caseman posted:

I don't understand what the problem was with the way they did it during the Lights in the Sky tour. Print your name on the ticket, you show an ID and the names have to match. Tickets can't be scalped, because you can't get into the show unless you're the one that bought the tickets.

That wasn't smug enough apparently.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Ticket sales are a huge racket/poo poo show, glad to see someone pushing back.

I guess he's going all in on vinyl too, no pre-orders for digital only. I like to buy even digital stuff direct, more money to the artist but I guess I'll give Apple or Google their 30% cut if he's not interested in that.

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

Caseman posted:

Nobody actually checked your ID

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
So I'm wrong:

https://pitchfork.com/news/nine-inch-nails-announce-tour-and-new-bad-witch-ep/

quote:

Correction: A previous version of this story referred to Bad Witch as an EP. A representative for the band has confirmed that it is an album.

So it's 6 tracks, but a full-length album? This should be interesting...

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Given that blurb about physical tickets only, think there won't be a digital release like the last two EPs?

I really only want vinyl if it's one of my favorite albums of all time.

Caseman
Mar 21, 2006

polyester concept posted:

Nobody actually checked your ID

They were in Orlando.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

IUG posted:

think there won't be a digital release like the last two EPs?

Oh yeah, I guess the digital releases I got from the NIN store had the "physical component".