Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Turns out Ross Lyon is the one that needed to pay the hush money

Good day for AFL coaches

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

drunkill posted:

Bombers pingas

Seeing the headline pop my first thought was "oh it'll be a few nosebeers and some weed what a beatup"... but uh, that's a lot of MDMA and ice... plus the digital scales and associated stuff seized.

I wonder if dealing funded the property and crytpo wins he's had or if he's just a full on idiot who decided this was all a good idea after a successful coaching career and an easy transition into the media? Ross the Boss may be a questionable unit but it's good to be reminded that he's not the king of weird.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
I mean Bomber basically admitted it too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUurvaI7XU8

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Next people will be shocked when it comes out that Dane Swan is a drug dealer.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

gay picnic defence posted:

I guess Ross Lyon got away with that one

I guess he didn’t get away with it after all lol

The media have known who it was from the moment the story about the ‘freo official ‘ first broke but for whatever reason they’ve all been too scared to say anything until now

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Probably due to legal proceedings making it illegal to do so in some fashion, one would imagine. Defamation and all.

We just need Clarko to belt a kid at his sons footy or something for the trifecta.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
No wonder Bomber managed to keep a great team together on lower salary, he just gave them mates rates. Makes sense for why gaz got pissed off too

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Solemn Sloth posted:

Collingwood Richmond Essendon and Melbourne :getout:

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Solemn Sloth posted:

No wonder Bomber managed to keep a great team together on lower salary, he just gave them mates rates. Makes sense for why gaz got pissed off too

Not sure I’d be looking to buy off him given he’s apparently got ‘DNA’ all over the merchandise

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

gay picnic defence posted:

Not sure I’d be looking to buy off him given he’s apparently got ‘DNA’ all over the merchandise

I figure that was just one of those weird club boys will be boys things

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Thompson and Lyon are just prepping their resumes for a future Channel 7 gig.

Divorced And Curious
Jan 23, 2009

democracy depends on sausage sizzles

Solemn Sloth posted:

I figure that was just one of those weird club boys will be boys things

i've never played soggy saos with that sort of biccie but i guess clubs are looking for innovation all the time

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Thompson arrested, charged with 7 counts including trafficking Ice, and possession of LSD and ecstasy.

He'll be going away for a long time.

https://streamable.com/vall4

:ironicat:

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Lmao

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
That will never get old

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
Geelong tainted premierships when?

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
i dont think mark thompson is a criminal genius guys

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
uh, he made a bunch of monies off of bitcoin the other year.

smarter than u or me

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Bomber Thompson confirmed worse person than Ben cousins

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

drunkill posted:

uh, he made a bunch of monies off of bitcoin the other year.

smarter than u or me

Lol at that excuse for why you are suddenly in possession of a bazillion dollars

EDIT: PROPERTY DEALS!!!!!!

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Holy poo poo lol

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

:discourse:

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

drunkill posted:

Thompson arrested, charged with 7 counts including trafficking Ice, and possession of LSD and ecstasy.

He'll be going away for a long time.

:ironicat:

I doubt it. His defence will be he was stood over by a bikie gang and feared for his life (possibly true) and will spill every bean about the guys he was dealing with.

Still probably 3+ years though but I will be shocked if its even close to 10.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

5 years is a pretty long time from where I'm sitting

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Sentenced to coach melbourne

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
what the living gently caress Bomber

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
everything after Sheedy was a mistake

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

hiddenmovement posted:

5 years is a pretty long time from where I'm sitting

Well yeah true, but traffickers can see a decade plus is what im getting at. Then again they may just throw the book at him and force him to be

Solemn Sloth posted:

Sentenced to coach melbourne

Divorced And Curious
Jan 23, 2009

democracy depends on sausage sizzles

Robodog posted:

everything after Sheedy was a mistake

tbf sheedy was probably a mistake too, essendon's turn-of-the-century success notwithstanding

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
wasn't that mostly due to huge salary cap rorts they mostly got away with?

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

There was also those flags in 84,85 and 93 that I reckon went alright

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Robodog posted:

wasn't that mostly due to huge salary cap rorts they mostly got away with?

They were penalised for doing it every year from '92 to '96, and again in '02. Ricky Nixon says they were in 2000, and that he facilitated it, but the AFL isn't remotely interested in digging anything up.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Maybe he earnt the nickname 'Bomber' for reasons other than footy..

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Port Adelaide's runner Chad Cornes has been suspended for one match after swearing at North Melbourne's Todd Goldstein at Etihad Stadium last Sunday after the Kangaroos' ruckman collided with Port Adelaide midfielder Ollie Wines near the interchange bench.
The match day manager included the incident in his match day report and the AFL decided to suspend Cornes for one match as a result under rules that ban runners from interacting with umpires or opposition players.
Port Adelaide have decided to accept the decision and will use former player and development coach Trent Hentschel in the role when Power play West Coast this week.
The incident came just days after clubs were reminded that runners need to get on and off the ground as quickly as possible in an AFL memo sent to clubs last week.
The memo is understood to have emphasised that clubs need to ensure their runners perform their roles without getting in the way of and inhibiting the ability of players to play or umpires to do their job.

lmao

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
Colour me shocked that being a dickhead runs a blue streak through the Cornes family.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Bomber will not get 5+. It'll probably be community service.

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
The ‘a good bloke’ defence

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
But he is charged with dealing loving ice, surely that comes with time.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

The ‘a good bloke’ defence

Your honor,

This man gave us the toe poke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
VFLW lists are out: http://vfl.com.au/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2018/05/2018-Swisse-Wellness-VFL-Womens-lists.pdf

Also, it looks like Carlton have snagged two top rugby players as code hoppers. Chloe Dalton and Brooke Walker won gold at the rio olympics for rugby 7s. Although Brooke was listed as an emergency. Still, taking paycuts (average base pay is 40k for womens rugby 7s) to play in the seconds is a huge blow to rugby who have just launched the Super W league this year as the top female rugby competition in Aus. Itsfine for now as the Super W has just finished but next year the season will probably run longer and players will be unable to play both codes.

https://twitter.com/superfooty/status/991565327371681793