Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I'm here too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I'm going to buy yakuza 0 and God of War this month.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

MechaSeinfeld posted:

sounds like a good fuckin' month

I will definitely finish Yak 0 this month (just grinding out the substories because I hate myself) and start Kiwami. I may even play some Stardew Valley multiplayer because holy gently caress just the concept sounds amazing.

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

:woop: Just did a Zelda: Breath of the Wild Any% Master Mode run directly to the end. Like this, but with saves. Still brutal in that you can't save or get hit during the 6/7 boss rush. Good month so far!

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

lucia is nothing if not an affirmation of the part of me that hates anime

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Ciaphas posted:

lucia is nothing if not an affirmation of the part of me that hates anime

I said it in the RPG thread and I'll say it again here

the ojousama ohoho laugh is one of the most annoying sounds humans are capable of producing

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

That is why I would main Karin if I played SFV

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Lucia owns and so does the ojou laugh

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

the ojousama ohoho laugh is one of the most annoying sounds humans are capable of producing

I greatly appreciate that the great fairy weapon in hyrule warriors has that exact kind of laugh and pose.

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

All we know is she's called
The Hunter

Ojou laugh in and of itself is not bad. It is the Ojou herself that makes it bad.

You can have good Ojous doing the laugh as a deliberate taunt/teasing thing. But bad Ojous use it all the time.

Also, I just got back from 7-Eleven and I rented Dad of Son God of War from the Redbox, so I have two days to experience the adventures of Mad Dad &
and Boy.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

cheetah7071 posted:

between the sound and the stance it's just

it's literally the weeb dab (except female exclusive [probably {i don't want to know}])

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Here's the Official Song of the Mayday thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFSN8a2VUsU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

cheetah7071 posted:

ohohohoho isn't really an ojousama laugh, it's more of a kusobaba laugh.

e: i'm instantly reminded of why i always bounce off of breath of fire 3, it's because there's no punctuation

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 09:14 on May 1, 2018

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Bit late to the Last of Us chat but I found the first part of the game a real drag and it only improved after Pittsburgh. From then on it kept getting better and by the end I loved it.

Stick with it basically :)

Also I picked up Evil Within 2 last night and man this is way better than the first game. I enjoyed the concept of TEW1 but the execution was all over the place.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I'm starting to get the sense that this new God of War is something I should actually be playing, though all I can really get without watching a video is the BOY thing so I don't even really know what genre it falls into

Is there any even remote faint hope of seeing it on PC or is it a total exclusive

Gah I shouldn't be asking this, I have Slime Rancher, Atelier L&S and BattleTech to be playing

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sony first party so lol no

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

God of War is a hack n' slash action-adventure in the vein of Darksiders with a similar structure to the latest Uncharted/Raiders: One open worldish hub area that you return to at various points throughout the story interdicted with "advance plot here" plot missions usually culminating in a big boss setpiece. There are a lot of secret areas and some looping pathways with optional bosses and treasure rooms. The story's not too bad and the level design, combat, art direction and environments are all exceptional. It's a really good game with almost zero filler, not much more to be said. If you like character driven single-player narrative games that don't look like a piece of crap or take 100 hours to beat then God of War is a must-play.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Will there be DLC? If so, it goes straight into my "not until goty edition" category

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

I wanna see that with the silly lock-on stuff for the genesis and its games

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I refuse to believe that's real.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

that owns

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Ah man, what will those console gamesters in the States think up next?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

oddium posted:

that owns

8 year old me would've wanted that sooooo bad

al-azad
May 28, 2009

My favorite battlemech

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

MechaSeinfeld posted:

Yakuza and GoW are a great pairing. After every big quest in GoW I’ve been unwinding with yakuza 6.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Imagine the power increase you could get by attaching two or three 32x stacks.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

https://twitter.com/fell_martins/status/990601387246571520

Ciaphas posted:

Is there any even remote faint hope of seeing it on PC or is it a total exclusive

It will probably be added to PSNow within the next two years but otherwise not a chance, there have been basically no Sony first party game that came out on PC I don't think (e.g. Uncharted, Killzone, God of War). I guess PC might finally be getting Crash Bandicoot, though?

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Crash is Activision so they'll do whatever the hell with it. Spyro will probably also be on PC since it's coming to Xbone as well.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

The White Dragon posted:

thanks vanguard bandits, for having a kanji that's physically impossible to read

I don't see how it can be any other kanji, really.

Interestingly, the normally-thorough WWWJDIC has no entry for that word, other than as the middle of a larger compound for "virtual machine"

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Spring Break My Heart posted:

All this reminds me: why the heck did they call it Horizon Zero Dawn. What focus group won out with that beauty.

It makes perfect sense in-game :shrug:

FirstAidKite posted:

I'm turning 27 on the 27th. Bleh :smith:

Anyone else got a bday this month? Any plans or anything? I'm probably just gonna chill at home, if nothing bad happens then it'll be a good bday. I'll hopefully be getting on disability sometime within the next couple of months too so if that happens that'll be nice.

KCB's bday is on the 14th of June though, so I should probably start thinking up something to get her. I dunno what though. If I get on the disability before her bday comes around, I can at least get her something out of my own pocket, but idk if there are any steam games she wants at the moment that I can use my trading card money for.

What's everyone else up to?

28 on the 24th

So far my plans are to buy Dragon Quest Builders sometime before that and chill with it :v:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Horizon Zero Dawn was proudly inspired by JRPGs/anime and needed a suitably word salad title.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

exquisite tea posted:

Horizon Zero Dawn was proudly inspired by JRPGs/anime and needed a suitably word salad title.

Needs at least two subtitles imo

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Dr Cheeto posted:

Horizon: Butadon

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Dr Cheeto posted:

horizon zero: dawn of horizon: zero

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
You, an idiot: JRPGs have some really silly names, huh?

Me, an intellectual: Under Night In-Birth EXE:Late[st]

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Hopper posted:

Will there be DLC? If so, it goes straight into my "not until goty edition" category

No announcement yet but it’s a flagship first-party game and there are some things in it that stand out as obvious add-on access points so I’d say it’s likely.

It’s absolutely worth buying right now, though.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

The White Dragon posted:

e: i'm instantly reminded of why i always bounce off of breath of fire 3, it's because there's no punctuation

doesn't that just beat all

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Yakuza 0 was only £18.99 on the PS store so I bought it to begin after Nier Automata.

I am starting to feel a little guilty, however, for the great games I own that I have begun and then bounced off of. I wish I had more gaming time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

the true gamer is not one who games, but one who wishes for more time to game - xXx_buddha_86_xXx

• Locked thread