Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Sakurazuka posted:

Everybody forgets about Halo Wars 2...

I even forgot about Halo Wars 1. Did anyone want these games? Were they... Good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Suspicious Cook posted:

That's what garnered BG&E its cult following, was its charm and style. That's why I can't understand the BG&E2 trailer showing us none of that and instead give us a cursing monkey and a bunch of guns followed by a bunch of No Man's Sky style promises.

I'd love to be wrong, but I feel like we're getting a monkey's paw sequel.

you're getting the game they were making anyway with a BGE skin so they can chase the fad they're doing anyway and then blame fans of the first game when it flops for not supporting it

Phantasium fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Apr 30, 2018

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I literally work in hololens R&D and I can confirm it's not really meant for games

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Andrast posted:

I literally work in hololens R&D and I can confirm it's not really meant for games

https://i.imgur.com/q2tg4UX.mp4

Similarly, MS isn't really meant for E3, but I'm glad they always go first to get themselves out of the way.

Lambs
Feb 11, 2014

Where's the next FromSoftware game?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Lambs posted:

The dark souls remaster :v:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I’m sure we are going to see some Adventures of a Cookie & Cream 2 gameplay during E3

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Cultural Marxist posted:

There was basically no end game, and Bungie had rigged various xp mechanics.

It got dull really quickly.

At least Destiny 2 felt like a full and complete game for $60. EA is way more concerned about being taken to court by every governing body in the EU over loot boxes/microtransactions which were much more egregious in Battlefront 2 than in Destiny 2.

Destiny 2 was a flawed model (and to be fair, I think people expected too much of Destiny 2) but Battlefront 2 was highway robbery that EA though they could get away with, since they had biggest merchandising machine on planet Earth.

Cultural Marxist
Jun 29, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

FanaticalMilk posted:

At least Destiny 2 felt like a full and complete game for $60. EA is way more concerned about being taken to court by every governing body in the EU over loot boxes/microtransactions which were much more egregious in Battlefront 2 than in Destiny 2.

Destiny 2 was a flawed model (and to be fair, I think people expected too much of Destiny 2) but Battlefront 2 was highway robbery that EA though they could get away with, since they had biggest merchandising machine on planet Earth.

Oh I absolutely agree with you. With Destiny 2, although it got pretty boring fast when you hit max level, it still felt like a legitimate full price game while you were getting there. I had enough fun with it playing with pals that I didn’t particularly feel I’d been ripped off. I can’t see myself going back to it, but it was fine while it lasted.

Battlefront 2 though was a completely different kettle of fish. I got it in a sale and I still feel cheated.

I’m not particularly hyped for Anthem, maybe I will be nearer the time, who knows. I’ve no idea how much my lack of interest is coloured by Destiny 2 burnout. I am very interested to see what EA have learned when they tell us more about Battlefield V though.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Cultural Marxist posted:

Oh I absolutely agree with you. With Destiny 2, although it got pretty boring fast when you hit max level, it still felt like a legitimate full price game while you were getting there. I had enough fun with it playing with pals that I didn’t particularly feel I’d been ripped off. I can’t see myself going back to it, but it was fine while it lasted.

I think the Giant Bomb guys said that it seems like they type of game a lot of people want out of Destiny is a full-priced game that also has a monthly subscription. Or rather, that a version of Destiny 2 that had the post-launch support people wanted out of it would require that type of business model to be sustainable. And considering FFXIV seems to be the only game, let alone MMO, that is currently sustaining that business model, I imagine Bungie/Activision getting people to swallow that pill would be nigh impossible.

The problem Bungie has is that within the gameworld itself, it very much feels like you are playing an old subscription based MMO, what with the way missions/strikes/raids are set up and presented to the player. So it's not too crazy for people to expect an MMO-like experience out of a game that constantly presents itself as one. But again, the business model does not allow for the type of game it seems Bungie really wants to make/its fans really want to play.

Of course none of this excuses the secret depreciating XP value fuckery and other poo poo Bungie pulled to make people's end game artificially longer.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Lambs posted:

From Software's working on three games right now, Armored Core, a dark fantasy thing, and "Shadows Die Twice" which is probably either Tenchu or a Tenchu-inspired game, and since Shadows Die Twice was at PSX the VGAs last year I imagine it'll be at Sony this year.

Policenaut fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Apr 30, 2018

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Tenchu was loving awesome

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Ghost of Tsushima is one of the games I'm looking forward to because part of me hopes it's Phantom Pain in feudal Japan and a spiritual successor to Tenchu.

But hell if From is doing it the more the merrier

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

Everybody forgets about Halo Wars 2...

Well to be fair it wasn't marketed heavily by Microsoft and it is also not on Steam so ya...

COH1 was amazing and had a great community. Loved watching replays and learning from the some of the best players. CoH2 was good but it didn't have the same depth as the original.

As for Age of Empires 4. I am hesitant since it is Relic who is making it. I like most of their stuff but they are very hit or miss. Also their RTS's tend to be a certain way. The fighting and micro tend to be more important the macro/base building.

Fagmaster
Aug 21, 2004

My E3 predictions

1. We will not see new Castlevania game, and I'm so thirsty for this that I would be super excited even if they pulled that same poo poo that made me not to buy any Sega product ever again like they did with that Shenmue begging campaign

2. We will hear about the next Resident evil witch is game I will buy and enjoy every second

3. We will hear about the next Gears of war witch is game I will buy and enjoy every second

4. There was just a new God of war game witch is really good, so I'm fine if there is no talk about this franchise

5. Last of us 2 will get its release date

6. We will hear about next Assasins creed witch is game I will buy and enjoy every second

Fagmaster
Aug 21, 2004

Forgot my wild card that is Crusader kings 3, but i know that the closest thing to this will be that one of those of 489 battle royale games will have medieval melee only mode.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Fagmaster posted:

My E3 predictions

2. We will hear about the next Resident evil witch is game I will buy and enjoy every second

3. We will hear about the next Gears of war witch is game I will buy and enjoy every second

4. There was just a new God of war game witch is really good, so I'm fine if there is no talk about this franchise

6. We will hear about next Assasins creed witch is game I will buy and enjoy every second

Bust out the brooms and cauldrons, it's witch game season.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Suspicious Cook posted:

That's what garnered BG&E its cult following, was its charm and style. That's why I can't understand the BG&E2 trailer showing us none of that and instead give us a cursing monkey and a bunch of guns followed by a bunch of No Man's Sky style promises.

I'd love to be wrong, but I feel like we're getting a monkey's paw sequel.

I own and have finished BG&E on every platform it's available on, and I couldn't be less interested in what they showed. It's just another boring open world/s game with a billion icons. Also, the original did have an edge to it, but managed that without going full edgelord.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I don’t think anybody knows what kind of game BG&E2 even is yet. There was that intro cinematic and some pretty demo graphics showcase promising freeform exploration ala NMS at last year’s E3 and that was pretty much it.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Fagmaster posted:

1. We will not see new Castlevania game, and I'm so thirsty for this that I would be super excited even if they pulled that same poo poo that made me not to buy any Sega product ever again like they did with that Shenmue begging campaign

Sega isn't developing Shenmue III, the original creator is making it through his own company. Sega is barely involved at all, they're just letting the license be used.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Fagmaster posted:

They already announced a Castlevania game.

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/04/17/castlevania-grimoire-souls-announced-ios/

please stop asking for new Konami games on your monkey's paw.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Don't know if E3 would be the right place for it but would love Yakuza getting announced for PC. Maybe if it gets announced for Xbox one it would also get a pc release most likely.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Ulio posted:

Don't know if E3 would be the right place for it but would love Yakuza getting announced for PC. Maybe if it gets announced for Xbox one it would also get a pc release most likely.

Pretty sure Sony directly funds the series (you also see this with every piece of electronics in the series like TV's and cell phones being Sony products) so I wouldn't hold my breath on either a PC or Xbox release.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

univbee posted:

Pretty sure Sony directly funds the series (you also see this with every piece of electronics in the series like TV's and cell phones being Sony products) so I wouldn't hold my breath on either a PC or Xbox release.

This was true with MGS until it wasn't.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Nail Rat posted:

This was true with MGS until it wasn't.

MGS is a weird case since the first two did get PC releases (and 2 was on Xbox), 3 was on Xbox, and then 4 is still PS3-only, with 5 being on everything.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

My hot predictions will be Devil May Cry, Animal Crossing, Resident Evil 2, Prey DLC, Doom Dos, and the gameplay premiere of Death Stranding

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm gonna put it all on a Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie remaster

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rarity posted:

I'm gonna put it all on a Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie remaster

gently caress that give me nuts and bolts

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

4K remakes of Battletoads, Snake Rattle & Roll and R.C. Pro-Am.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

The reason that C&C Generals 2 died is that EA couldn't figure out how to add in lootboxes without having the pay to win aspect completely destroy any semblance of balance.

I think that if they ever try to resurrect the C&C brand, just ripping off Foxhole and making a huge world where everyone plays a single unit would be pretty fun.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Fagmaster posted:

Forgot my wild card that is Crusader kings 3, but i know that the closest thing to this will be that one of those of 489 battle royale games will have medieval melee only mode.

Crusader Kings Royale, 100 earls drop onto Ireland.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

univbee posted:

4K remakes of Battletoads, Snake Rattle & Roll and R.C. Pro-Am.

Just sell the Battletoads IP to Rocksteady and make a new game using the arkham knight engine.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Vakal posted:

Just sell the Battletoads IP to Rocksteady and make a new game using the arkham knight engine.

I could get behind a gritty M-rated Battletoads game, with the Dark Queen voiced by Mark Hamill.

AutomaticPrince
Jun 14, 2013
I'm excited to see Battlefield. I think we'll see Starfield from Bethesda along with some ESO stuff most people don't care about.

I think we finally see some Borderlands 3 and Resistance 4. Maybe a teaser for the new BioShock.

My longshot never in a million years is it going happen hope is a Medal of Honor reboot. EA wouldn't want to take anything away from BFV but a teaser or at least acknowledgement that it's being worked on would be fantastic to me.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

AutomaticPrince posted:

I'm excited to see Battlefield. I think we'll see Starfield from Bethesda along with some ESO stuff most people don't care about.

I think we finally see some Borderlands 3 and Resistance 4. Maybe a teaser for the new BioShock.

My longshot never in a million years is it going happen hope is a Medal of Honor reboot. EA wouldn't want to take anything away from BFV but a teaser or at least acknowledgement that it's being worked on would be fantastic to me.

Wondering if Battlefield will go further back in time to stand out. Gimme a big sprawling Napoleonic wars game.

Cultural Marxist
Jun 29, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Wondering if Battlefield will go further back in time to stand out. Gimme a big sprawling Napoleonic wars game.

While a Napoleonic wars setting would be amazing, they’ve pretty much confirmed that V is WW2 haven’t they?

AutomaticPrince
Jun 14, 2013

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I believe it's all but confirmed to be WW2. 64 players on a D-Day map would be bonkers.

I agree though, I'd like to see more historical FPS war games. There was that Roman Empire era Call of Duty that was never finished. I'd like to see more games like War of Rights make it to console or even some more recent conflicts like Korea or Vietnam get coverage.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

there was a small period where we got a bunch of vietnam games, vietcong, shellshock: vietnam and a few more i forgot ( at least one awful horror one) but its been rather dead since. all i know of is rising storm 2 and thats multi only

can’t even think of any korean war games outside of wargame

that said i personally would like an actual huge scale fps once again. give me some 128 vs 128 player games

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

AutomaticPrince posted:

EA just bought Respawn wholesale, there is no way they are making another competitor to their own product when they now have Titanfall, Battlefield, and Battlefront all vying for a similar audience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
I just want UN Squadron 2 is that so much to ask?

• Locked thread