Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

this song encapsulates me and probably everyone in this thread also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiC_yiHKZiY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

exquisite tea posted:

MS seems uninterested in making the X-Box anything more than a proprietary Win10 gaming machine if they don't pull out of the console market altogether, which is unfortunate because competition is good for the industry and exclusives are where you tend to find games that aren't multiplatform service-based monstrosities.

Yeah.

OTOH it would be mega rad to buy 1 console and be able to play all the games for a generation

Also MS deserves to be chased out of the game industry for loving up so bad with Don Mattrick

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Quest For Glory II posted:

i'm 34 today and listening to TMBG

Happy birthday!

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Zaphod42 posted:

Yeah.

OTOH it would be mega rad to buy 1 console and be able to play all the games for a generation

I'm probably going to buy that Sega collection at the end of the month, maybe 30 years from now it'll be collections where you get 50 PS4 games for your PS7

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
I came in here to say that Monster Prom is very fun. Possibly the Dark Souls of dating sims.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Nasgate posted:

I came in here to say that Monster Prom is very fun. Possibly the Dark Souls of dating sims.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

spudsbuckley posted:

Yeah, "competition is good" doesn't really apply to videogames because publishers/devs still want to sell a bunch of games even if there is only one platform in existence.

The best way to sell games is to make good ones.

Zaphod42 posted:

Terrible takes.

I can't wait to pay $300 a year for online access because there are no alternatives.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Have many consoles but have every game on every console

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
EDIT: nvm

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Jay Rust posted:

Let’s start the month on a positive note. Let’s talk about games we love!

I been really digging DDS2 but I got to a boss that was kicking my rear end so I'm back on my Tekken/Splatoon shizz when I have a half hour to hour to play something.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Ometeotl posted:

Terrible takes.

I can't wait to pay $300 a year for online access because there are no alternatives.

Friend, before Microsoft online services were free. Completely free. I'm not sure losing Microsoft is as bad as you think it would be.

If it wasn't for the 'alternative' we'd still have free PSN.

So yours is the most terrible of takes.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

free market video game solutions

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Paid online sucks rear end especially since everyone on console uses wireless and every connect feels like complete poo poo compared to PC games

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

spudsbuckley posted:

Yeah, "competition is good" doesn't really apply to videogames because publishers/devs still want to sell a bunch of games even if there is only one platform in existence.

The best way to sell games is to make good ones.

These days there's the argument that certain genres are only gonna get made at AAA funding levels as system sellers by the interested 1st parties, but MS hasn't been great at that for a while.

Aside from that console competition is just a matter of what exclusivity agreements a given PC box makes.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Also the mega console the plays everything forever is called A Computer.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I'm glad Monster Prom is getting the praise it deserves. I've been holding that torch since I played the demo at PAX. Unfortunately my friends are all lame-os who don't get its humor so I'm stuck with doing single player

If this avatar wasn't still pretty new I'd get a Miranda one. Still might.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

cheetah7071 posted:

I'm glad Monster Prom is getting the praise it deserves. I've been holding that torch since I played the demo at PAX. Unfortunately my friends are all lame-os who don't get its humor so I'm stuck with doing single player

If this avatar wasn't still pretty new I'd get a Miranda one. Still might.

Do it coward

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What about it is so special?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Saint Freak posted:

Do it coward

where did you get the animated polly

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Jay Rust posted:

What about it is so special?

It's by a large large margin the funniest video game I have ever played

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Motto posted:

Also the mega console the plays everything forever is called A Computer that also has a PS4 and Switch connected to the same monitor

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

cheetah7071 posted:

where did you get the animated polly

Tumblr/Google search. Looks like maybe its from the artist that worked on the game, but I only see Polly and Vera animated.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I just remembered that you could save Miis to your Wiimote and that was pretty cool even if I don't think I ever used it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Im surprised they dont sell ps4s on a pci card you can put in your rig to stealth past all your master race friends but still play dat raw fo dog

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

univbee posted:

But then some of the best games came from times when there might as well have only been one console on the market.

Eh, even in the NES era, which is probably percieved as the most single platform dominated era, Nintendo was getting absolutley crushed in Europe by cheap computers and the Master System

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The Master System is such a good name for a console

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Help Im Alive posted:

The Master System is such a good name for a console

One of the biggest losses felt by Sega leaving the hardware industry was they were the only ones that gave their consoles rad names.

The Nomad is still by far the best name for a portable game system.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

“Game Gear” is pretty funny

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

glam rock hamhock posted:

One of the biggest losses felt by Sega leaving the hardware industry was they were the only ones that gave their consoles rad names.

The Nomad is still by far the best name for a portable game system.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Motto posted:

Except for any of the recent PS4 exclusives,which are arguably some of the greatest games of all time.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

spudsbuckley posted:

Except for any of the recent PS4 exclusives,which are arguably some of the greatest games of all time.

Nier A made it to PC

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I joke, there's some sega games

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Is that like a wonderswan pocket?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Motto posted:

Console exclusives gently caress that up. One less console gets us closer to the One True System though.

Just gotta kill playstation next :evilbuddy:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

spudsbuckley posted:

They'll be on pc in 10 years. Ps3 emulation is finally approaching acceptable performance

an actual dog posted:

Nier A made it to PC

I dont think that was ever exclusive

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
You might know it by it's other name, THE COUGAR BOY

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Real hurthling! posted:

Is that like a wonderswan pocket?

It's a Asian Gameboy knock off that had its own games

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUSqVTUmbR0

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Saint Freak posted:

lol

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
So are we ripping off Wonderswan, Jaguar, or Game Boy?

"YES"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Saint Freak posted:

Better d-pad than the switch :(

• Locked thread