Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Max
Nov 30, 2002

Actually the fact that Asiina: isn't seething with rage / posting / hasn't quit probably means she is town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Max posted:

Actually the fact that Asiina: isn't seething with rage / posting / hasn't quit probably means she is town.

Who else is town Maxwell

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Moatillata posted:

Notorious mercenary cckeane kills joke phase

I'll kill any phase for enough money. Used to be four common stages of matter. Say goodbye to Siquid.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
If there is a Submarine I'm getting on that submarine.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Moatillata posted:

Who else is town Maxwell

Don't know don't care. But keep posting! It may be you!

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Moatillata posted:

Notorious mercenary cckeane kills joke phase

What is dead can never die. Ergo, jokephase will continue unabated.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Monathin posted:

What is dead can never die. Ergo, jokephase will continue unabated.

No wonder we keep playing mafia games.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Max posted:

Weird 3rd party claim, max.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Max posted:

:thunk:

Max
Nov 30, 2002

This post is no indicative of either alignment. Continue posting.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I've never posted in my life.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Max posted:

Either implies two.

How do you know the number of alignments in this game, Max?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Based off the town PM I got I would assume there are 2 factions, however this is an Ecco game so we have 2 factions plus 4 different cults and I'm the only person not part of a cult so please recruit me TIA.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

CCKeane posted:

Either implies two.

How do you know the number of alignments in this game, Max?

Town or not-town is binary.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

But also yes, the sample role pm ecco put up.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Max posted:

I never thought this day would come

Max
Nov 30, 2002

That someone would ask you to continue posting?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

(Wait, who here is actually roleplaying?)

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Max posted:

(Wait, who here is actually roleplaying?)

I always roleplay, Max.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Iskana...

I am Iskana's Curse... and Iskana is mine.

From the day I arrived, seeking the two that had killed my father, the city has always carried with it the essence of death. But sadly, not their death. At merely thirteen years of age I was forced to watch helplessly as the fat dandy and his giantess of a bodyguard booked passage on a vessel I had no hope of affording, stand impotent as the opportunity for vengeance fled forever out of sight.

Yet what ocean can bound the limits of a young man's ambition? What chains can restrain the passions of his anger? I had spent years working with herbs and poultices, learning to preserve and extend life under my father's tutelage. On that day, standing heartbroken on Iskana's docks, after weeks of dogged pursuit in the shadows of Chamaz' country roads, I swore to the early end of theirs, by whatever means necessary.

And so I reforged myself, not as a healer but as its opposite. By day I labored as an apothecary's apprentice, working once again with the herbs and poultices my father valued so highly, but I was no longer interested in their curative properties. Instead I studied those chemicals that could slow the heart, freeze limbs in place, or cause unceasing pain. By night I struggled for survival on the streets, at first hiding from the street urchins and their gangs, then joining them for the protection they offered. I took up the knife and mastered it out of necessity.

Years passed, but the embers of my vengeful heart smoldered on with an unquenchable heat. To afford the vast sum required for overseas passage I began working for the petty criminals of the city, collecting the unpaid debts of their victims with the sharp point of my glare or, if necessary, my knife. In such circles I heard speak of men who would pay handsomely for the removal of their adversaries, and the shadows who took such coins. I let it known I would become such a shadow, and in time a contract was offered to me.

My first contract was... well, one never forgets his first contact. But I have no time for further recollection now. There are more pressing matters at hand, and in any case I can sense the patience of my fellow students waning in the abyss of my silence. Perhaps later I will have peace enough to finish my reflections on my past life, on my crimes, and ultimately on my failures...

But perhaps not. Such is the life of an assassin.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Now that's the poo poo.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

My eyes survey those gathered in the Temple room, each half-obscured by the thick dust hanging in the air, almost too dense for torchlight to penetrate. Young ones all, many younger than I was before my first contract, though I'd wager none were so young as I was before I took my first life. Yet this does not make me take them lightly. Quite the opposite. Assassination is a young man's gane; at nearly thirty I am practically ancient.

Moreover, I have seen what these ones are capable of. Ishtil picked them well. Even I, no newcomer to this profession, discovered I had much to learn under the Master's teachings, and as our lessons progressed, so to did the green apprentices that trained alongside me. Indeed, I must grudgingly admit that each could be my equal in skill, if not necessarily experience.

More chilling is the notion that someone among us was more than a match for Ishtil itself. In training I had often wondered how I would fare against the Master, but time and time again I would discover a tidbit about him that made me reconsider even pondering the notion. Master Ishtil did not sleep, had the hearing and reflexes of a Chamaz desert panther, and carried at least twenty knives secreted on his person at all times. Whoever got the better of him was truly one to fear indeed.

With this in mind, the cast of my shadowy peers takes on an even darker hue. Someone here was not only skilled enough to eliminate one of the world's greatest professional killers, but also deceptive enough to conceal their mastery all throughout training. It is a chilling thought. I have always prided myself on subtlety, but in this instance I am outmatched.

For now I merely take stock of the conversation occuring around me. So far there is but one matter that strikes me. Yami claims he may be suspicious due to his Foreigner background, but it occurs to me that several of the students here come from elsewhere. Ishtil was known to draw his recruits from all over the world, after all.

Yet this is not enough.to convince me of Yami's duplicity. It would be quite a gamble for Ishtil's real killer to declare himself as suspicious from the start. Also, disclosing his background in this way could potentially save one of the sleutbier students from wasting time checking on him, knowing in advance what the conclusion would be.

Very well. I will content myself with glaring at CCKeane, a student I came to befriend during our training. Knowing him, he will likely interpret my glare as the friendly acknowledgement of respect that I intend it to be.

##vote CCKeane

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
The last time TNL went all-in on RPing for no good reason, it was so he didn't have to fake opinions as scum. (Mary Celeste mafia) ##unvote ##vote TNL

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
That's a lot of words I don't feel like reading.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

SalTheBard posted:

Based off the town PM I got I would assume there are 2 factions, however this is an Ecco game so we have 2 factions plus 4 different cults and I'm the only person not part of a cult so please recruit me TIA.

I don't like that you had to specify "town PM" here.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

"Smart assassins never establish a pattern. Or have you forgotten the Master's teachings already, even before his corpse has cooled?"

If I had been predictable, those who hired me never would have named me Iskana's Curse.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Hmm but actually we are actively encouraged to role play.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Yami Fenrir posted:

Put me on the far bottom right of that triangle, tia.

Also, apparently someone thought the newbie that was incredibly suspicious in pequod despite being town there wasn't suspicious enough, because...

**I AM A MILLER.** *This is not a joke claim.*

I am Jin, the Stranger, and I am a town aligned miller because I'm a *weird foreigner*. I am claiming day one because, well, miller. This is apparently what you do as a miller. I do not have any powers, an as such I am essentially VT.

Can you describe what you mean by weird foreigner?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Max posted:

Hmm but actually we are actively encouraged to role play.

Did Ecco tell you that in the scumdoc?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

If by scum doc you mean this thread, then yes

Ecco T. Raven posted:

Some stuff in italics. It is mostly flavor, like who you are, why you're here. Your motivation. Feel free to roleplay; I love it.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Podima not reading every single bit of flavor.

Shame

##unvote
##vote Podima

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Oh hey how about that, I'm owned. (I blame whiskey sours)

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

BK I want you to use your stirring rhetoric to win me over.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Podima posted:

Oh hey how about that, I'm owned. (I blame whiskey sours)

Yeah, blame them for not being a Gin and Tonic

Max
Nov 30, 2002

CCKeane posted:

BK I want you to use your stirring rhetoric to win me over.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

CCKeane posted:

Yeah, blame them for not being a Gin and Tonic

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Max posted:

That someone would ask you to continue posting?

:thejoke:

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
I'm not foreseeing removing my vote from pod until I receive world renowned new jersey ales

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
I haven’t read the last 100 posts since the game started and I’m gonna catch up tonight but

I think the fact that I got sick right when I started playing mafia again is a sign from the gods

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
what's happening people

• Locked thread