Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

MisterOblivious posted:

My license was suspended because of unpaid parking tickets. It happens to a few thousand people a year in my state.

https://www.revisor.mn.gov/statutes/?id=171.16

I guess some states are more aggressive on parking ticket enforcement.

I received a notification in the mail years ago that I had an unpaid parking ticket from a city that has a reputation of supplementing its budget off of parking fees and fines.

If I was actually ticketed I never received it (wasn't on my car when I came back), and they were very hesitant to send me a copy. They finally did, and I was able to determine that I was in another city some 150 miles away that day (I used to work as a field tech with a very wide territory, and my employer required very precise records of where you were on a given day on your timesheet.)

Never did anything with it, and I never heard back from them and have renewed my license three times since.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

The only reason I know they do that is because I did get a parking ticket in NYC that either blew off or was removed from my windshield, and I found out about it when I went to renew my license. That was a fun conversation to have at the DMV.

"have you driven in the state of NY in the last 14 months?"
"yeah, why?"
"because your license is suspended in NY and you literally could have been pulled over and arrested at any point you were in NY in the last 14 months."

This when I was making regular trips between Boston and NJ :downs:

RollsRoyce
Feb 11, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
I had that once for an unpaid $.50 on a ticket! It was written in sloppy handwriting and I mistook the $XX.50 as $XX.00 and wrote out the check and forgot about it. They actually sent me a copy of the paperwork that was ready to be filed for a warrant for me three states away.

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007
I have never had a parking ticket since I don't use metered parking, I have howevered received a toll bill so late in the mail it had tacked on a $20 late fee by the time it go to me. The toll even had a handy info graphic showing just how fast they could gently caress your poo poo up and turn a 50 cent toll into $300 worth of late fees and other bullshit in about 1 years time. Similarly, I also received a warrant in the mail for a ticket specifically because the officer said I didn't have proof of insurance, I pulled it up on my phone while he was writing the ticket and he scratched it off of his paper copy that he handed me, which then immediately went into my trash since it was a non-ticket until however many months later it took to get a warrant out.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

My favorite was the time I got a court summons for an unpaid parking ticket. So I showed them, one after another, the receipt for paying the ticket well before the due date, the canceled check (endorsed by the city) for the amount of the ticket with the parking ticket number in the memo field, and even the bank account record showing that the check had cleared. It goes without saying that no one even bothered to apologize for wasting my time with their lovely bookkeeping.

The funny part? I wasn't even the one who parked illegally in the first place. I had decided to be nice and let my ex-girlfriend use my car for a day when she was in a bind. No good deed goes unpunished, I guess...

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Now this is a pro strat for dealing with a dickhead on the road.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Gorilla Salad posted:

:perfect:

Unfortunately most of the off ramps here are open pavement so the dude would have plenty of time to swerve back :(

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
And slightly longer liveleak video showing the white car was definitely being a tool and not letting the camera car pass.

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=u8Nrm_1525143605

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

One of the comments on the Liveleak link makes a good point - the dude in front has given up their original decision to drive where they need to go, and is willing to go totally off-route to continue loving with the guy behind him.

That kind of thing ever happens to me, I'm plugging the closest police station into my GPS.

Dave Inc.
Nov 26, 2007
Let's have a drink!

TotalLossBrain posted:

This is in Nashville today (not my photos):

Really looks like the kind of equipment that should have been permitted prior to transit.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
These are the bus drivers in Denver you share airport roads with:

quote:

The driver, a male, missed the entrance to the East terminal’s transit center, said RTD spokesperson Scott Reed, and was attempting to reroute back to it.

The bus entered a non-public road, however, and struck the low-clearance overpass. The bridge was signed as low clearance, according to both DIA and RTD spokespersons.

Reed believed it to be nine feet in height.

Whatever the bridge’s exact height, pictures prove the newer Flatiron Flyer bus to be taller.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2018/04/29/rtd-bus-hits-low-clearance-bridge-at-airport/?= (autoplay warning)

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Mein Kampf Enthusiast posted:

One of the comments on the Liveleak link makes a good point - the dude in front has given up their original decision to drive where they need to go, and is willing to go totally off-route to continue loving with the guy behind him.

That kind of thing ever happens to me, I'm plugging the closest police station into my GPS.

I think there was another video here that showed a dude in a Chrysler 300 being a douche in front of some guy and the guy behind him filming pulled a similar maneuver. He was at a roundabout I think though so the grass and cement medians kept the 300 guy from swerving back after he turned.

BOOTY-ADE fucked around with this message at 17:36 on May 1, 2018

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Protocol7 posted:

These are the bus drivers in Denver you share airport roads with:

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2018/04/29/rtd-bus-hits-low-clearance-bridge-at-airport/?= (autoplay warning)

one of my college professors did that with a university passenger van in a parking garage

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Powered Descent posted:

My favorite was the time I got a court summons for an unpaid parking ticket. So I showed them, one after another, the receipt for paying the ticket well before the due date, the canceled check (endorsed by the city) for the amount of the ticket with the parking ticket number in the memo field, and even the bank account record showing that the check had cleared. It goes without saying that no one even bothered to apologize for wasting my time with their lovely bookkeeping.

The funny part? I wasn't even the one who parked illegally in the first place. I had decided to be nice and let my ex-girlfriend use my car for a day when she was in a bind. No good deed goes unpunished, I guess...

The people who deal with these tickets can kiss my rear end too - I had one years ago where I got accused of "racing" on my way home from work after midnight (I worked 3pm-12am at the time). The stretch of road I was on was notorious for speed traps and police hiding behind signs or in unlit areas, was a 45mph zone and I usually pegged my cruise between 45-50 on that whole stretch. On this particular night some idiot in a Civic pulled next to me, paced me for a couple blocks, then sped off to the next 4 way intersection, blowing through the red light to take a right turn. I slowed down and was going the same direction as the Civic, and as soon as I turned I had a cop right up my rear end pulling me over. Of course he pulls me up behind the Civic then 2 other police cars show up and I can hear them talking about how "they were racing" and "officer saw them flying down the road doing over 60" which were both bullshit anyways.

I got the ticket (almost $300) for reckless driving, speeding, and failure to yield, even though the red light the Civic blew through had turned green before I got to it. Took it to court and set up a court date, and of course the first words out of the idiot behind the counter were "you know you can just pay this, right? :rolleyes:" Yeah gently caress that, I told her I wasn't paying for a mistake I didn't make, got the court date dealt with, and wouldn't you know...officer no-showed and his paperwork was all wrong (he put down wrong road names and speed limits so it looked like he was trying to get a larger citation). No points or any other fines, I was in and out in 20 minutes and didn't have to take any PTO since it was an early morning court appointment.

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?

The next day you bought a dashcam, right?

(Says the guy who knows he should get one but can't get his rear end in gear.)

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.
Hopefully we're not sharing the road with this pair of absolute dildos for much longer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFvLeFfBjQA

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

On first watch I was hoping it would be an intentional ramming, but nah, it was just a dingus unable to shake their fist at the offender and keep their car going straight, resulting in a boring run of the mill tank slapper.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Gorilla Salad posted:

I'm the row of tiny stuffed rabbits on the dash.

LongSack
Jan 17, 2003

Dave Inc. posted:

Really looks like the kind of equipment that should have been permitted prior to transit.

The driver did not have a proper permit ( was permitted to go through West Tennessee, not Nashville), and did not have the proper license for that vehicle/trailer combination.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Rude Dude With Tude posted:

Hopefully we're not sharing the road with this pair of absolute dildos for much longer.

I wouldn’t stop to help those two.

Call it in and let the police and paramedics handle it (in that order).

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

There's some kind of metaphor for British democracy in there.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

who's ready for a massive :stonk:

https://i.imgur.com/BltyJD0.gifv

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
Is that a cop following them or was it a random person stuck between "pump the brakes and make some space" and "oh poo poo powerlines are falling down down behind me, hit the gas."?

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

I like the company name on the side of the tank, it's appropriate.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

Fermented Tinal posted:

I like the company name on the side of the tank, it's appropriate.

That's perfect.

spandexcajun
Feb 28, 2005

Suck the head for a little extra cajun flavor
Fallen Rib

Weird way of supercharging the new Tesla semi trucks, but if it works it works.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Driver fall asleep, or just texting?

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

FuturePastNow posted:

Fell asleep texting

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Please don't doxx me

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Looks like we're not sharing the interbutts with this video anymore.

Dave Inc.
Nov 26, 2007
Let's have a drink!

LongSack posted:

The driver did not have a proper permit ( was permitted to go through West Tennessee, not Nashville), and did not have the proper license for that vehicle/trailer combination.

Welp, that dude's in a little bit of trouble.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

FuturePastNow posted:

Allegedly attacked by a bird.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
https://i.imgur.com/i1UTsom.mp4

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

"...and THAT'S why you don't run red lights when cycling!"

The truck probably should've seen the cyclist and stopped, but the cyclist was clearly in the intersection on a red signal.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

PT6A posted:

The truck probably should've seen the cyclist and stopped, but the cyclist was clearly in the intersection on a red signal.

Possibly the A-pillar blocked his view. But definitely the cyclist's fault. I saw this almost happen in my neighborhood just the other day. 4 way stop, guy ahead of me had the right of way and his left turn signal on, cyclist coming the other way just blew the stop sign. The guy in the car didn't smack him because he saw the cyclist and fully expected him to run the stop and just let him do it, but he'd have been entirely in the right had he proceeded with his turn and gotten t-boned.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

PT6A posted:

Be careful last time I suggested cyclists should obey traffic signals at all times I got dogpiled by cycling nerds almost immediately

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice
A few kids (and adults) around here have put weedwacker engines on their bikes and ride around town like traffic laws don't apply. "It's a bike, it's a toy, I'm just a kid playing in the street!" except now they're doing 20mph and lost the 'just keeping my momentum up' excuse for rolling through stops.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

MrOnBicycle posted:

The next day you bought a dashcam, right?

(Says the guy who knows he should get one but can't get his rear end in gear.)

Not the next day since this was in 2011 or so but I have one now, too many close calls and shady police tactics to not invest in one nowadays.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

FuturePastNow posted:

Apparently the driver is saying that a bird flew into the cab of the truck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Phanatic posted:

Possibly the A-pillar blocked his view. But definitely the cyclist's fault. I saw this almost happen in my neighborhood just the other day. 4 way stop, guy ahead of me had the right of way and his left turn signal on, cyclist coming the other way just blew the stop sign. The guy in the car didn't smack him because he saw the cyclist and fully expected him to run the stop and just let him do it, but he'd have been entirely in the right had he proceeded with his turn and gotten t-boned.

The second left turning truck (which was also running a red) blocked his view, blue truck floored it because the light was probably long since green by time the intersection cleared and at the point the cyclist registered it was too late.

Cyclist is still a loving idiot though. Always assume everything is trying to kill you and loving don't run red lights.