Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I love Gary because he's the only guy I've ever seen pimp a shot to dead center. what a guy, what a player

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Carlosologist posted:

I love Gary because he's the only guy I've ever seen pimp a shot to dead center. what a guy, what a player

He did that and my internal voice was all "Gary, that's straight center. You really think you hit it hard enough for a sac fl... oh wait he's still going ba... oh, ok, you the man."

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Thats a feel good win.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
The Yankees, motherfuckers.

STAC Goat posted:

He did that and my internal voice was all "Gary, that's straight center. You really think you hit it hard enough for a sac fl... oh wait he's still going ba... oh, ok, you the man."

How many loving shots died right in that spot in the ALCS? Get hosed, Juicebox.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
Stanton is just so awful to watch right now. Brutal.

Sanchez is like the opposite of Stanton.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Holy gently caress we hit a dinger off Kuechel. And it was Stanton no less.

I’m going to buy a lottery ticket or something.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Giancarlo has been inconsistent to start the year but I think he'll get it going soon. this New York adjustment is clearly no joke

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.

Carlosologist posted:

Giancarlo has been inconsistent to start the year but I think he'll get it going soon. this New York adjustment is clearly no joke

I was talking to my dad about this and I told him that Stanton's LF defense has gotten so much better so I think he has been focusing on that. The offense will come once he is comfortable in that position.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

As bad as Stanton has been I've never really been worried about him. Maybe he'll come out of it soon. Maybe he'll have a bad season. But it's gonna take awhile to convince me he just stopped knowing how to hit.

With Montogomery out for 2 months I guess German gets the next start and then they figure it out? Is there anyone in AAA waiting?

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

As bad as Stanton has been I've never really been worried about him. Maybe he'll come out of it soon. Maybe he'll have a bad season. But it's gonna take awhile to convince me he just stopped knowing how to hit.

With Montogomery out for 2 months I guess German gets the next start and then they figure it out? Is there anyone in AAA waiting?

I read earlier that they will only need a fifth starter once over the next 15 days so I think they're going to worry about it later. German has the next start for sure, though.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Chance Adams maybe. gently caress it, bring up Sheffield.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean I'm totally ok with German getting a shot. I just don't pay much attention to AAA so I didn't know if Adams or someone was pushing the ceiling.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Sheffield is in AA and Adams hasn't pitched too well to start the year. German is the best option at this point since he's already up with the team.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
The only pitchers left on the 40-man are Abreu and Loaisiga. Loaisiga just got promoted to AA tonight and Abreu just made his first start of the year in High-A (he had an appendectomy during ST.)

German is taking the next Gumby start (it'll be Domingo Sunday!) but there's no obvious promotion candidate at the moment. If German does well I could see them sticking with him, that spot in the rotation only comes up 2 times in the next month.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Inspector_666 posted:

The only pitchers left on the 40-man are Abreu and Loaisiga. Loaisiga just got promoted to AA tonight and Abreu just made his first start of the year in High-A (he had an appendectomy during ST.)

German is taking the next Gumby start (it'll be Domingo Sunday!) but there's no obvious promotion candidate at the moment. If German does well I could see them sticking with him, that spot in the rotation only comes up 2 times in the next month.

I assumed Adams was on the 40 man for some reason. Actually kind of surprised he isnt.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

mikeraskol posted:

I assumed Adams was on the 40 man for some reason. Actually kind of surprised he isnt.

I think everybody thought he was gonna be Rule 5 eligible this past winter, but it turns out it's not until this coming offseason.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

My beautiful adult son Severino

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Severino still throwing 100 MPH at pitch 100+.

What a friggin beast.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Severino is a cool guy.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

our young boy Sevy coming up big with the shutout

remember how bad 2016 was for him? this is so amazing to watch

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Carlosologist posted:

our young boy Sevy coming up big with the shutout

remember how bad 2016 was for him? this is so amazing to watch

It would've been very easy for them to move him to the pen or trade him after 2016 and they didn't. Credit where it's due.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Severino is a monster. Dude is locked. The. gently caress. In.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

humpthewind posted:

Severino is a monster. Dude is locked. The. gently caress. In.

Absolute machine. What a loving performance.

https://twitter.com/jmpallister1/status/991875266766090240?s=19

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 04:18 on May 3, 2018

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

mikeraskol posted:

Stanton is just so awful to watch right now. Brutal.

Sanchez is like the opposite of Stanton.

mikeraskol posted:

Holy gently caress we hit a dinger off Kuechel. And it was Stanton no less.

I’m going to buy a lottery ticket or something.

Life comes at you fast

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Paul Zuvella posted:

Life comes at you fast

He couldn't have looked worse the first two games and then breaks out in game 3. Let's hope its his coming out for the rest of the season.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

mikeraskol posted:

He couldn't have looked worse the first two games and then breaks out in game 3. Let's hope its his coming out for the rest of the season.

To be fair, everybody looked bad those first two games.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I actually felt like Stanton's HRs last night were kind of ugly and the sort of ones Judge hits when he misses but still powers them over the wall. But regardless hopefully confidence kicks in and helps him get his mind right.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

On the other hand, Stanton's OPSing .800 and having a "down year" so I dont think there is literally anything to worry about.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Paul Zuvella posted:

On the other hand, Stanton's OPSing .800 and having a "down year" so I dont think there is literally anything to worry about.

Stanton generally has "slow starts" but nobody really gave a poo poo while he was on the Marlins.

He's off to a slower start than last year, but he's also in a new league and he's still doing pretty well.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Please don't swing at every curveball in the dirt today Yankees.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Paul Zuvella posted:

No, I don't either. I've said it all year. Slumps happen, bad seasons happen. Stanton is a proven commodity. It takes more than a month to convince me he's fallen off a cliff or in decline. He's just in a bad spell.

But of course I'd like that spell to end sooner than later. Not just for the team but because it would probably help him to get off the rear end in a top hat Bronx shitlist soon.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Paul Zuvella posted:

I don't think anyone is actually worried - he's going to turn around. I just want this team to win every game and Stanton to hit 900 homers.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I see the baserunning isn't getting any better.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

mcmagic posted:

I see the baserunning isn't getting any better.

Why are you like this?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Someone hurt mcmagic somewhere along the line.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I'm going to the game tomorrow to get my sweet Aaron Judge jedi bobblehead :getin:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

RCarr posted:

I'm going to the game tomorrow to get my sweet Aaron Judge jedi bobblehead :getin:

God I want one so bad but tickets got sooooooooo expensive so fast.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Inspector_666 posted:

God I want one so bad but tickets got sooooooooo expensive so fast.

If I find an extra one left behind somehow (it's happened before), I'll make sure you get it.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

RCarr posted:

If I find an extra one left behind somehow (it's happened before), I'll make sure you get it.

That would be amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

No challenge on that double call? Torreyes looked safe.

• Locked thread