Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I have a feeling they will continue the show with James Darcy's team after Carrie is gone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

JaySB posted:

Quantico is coming back so there'll be that....

Does anyone else watch Designated Survivor? They're basically running the same plot lines this season right down to the 25th Amendment poo poo.

Yes! Designated Survivor is using same "ripped from today's headlines" arcs about Russian involvement on US soil, with a somewhat more competent president.

I liked the end with Saul Berenson still being such a complex character. Do we praise him for rescuing Carrie or vilify him for taking 7 months to get it done, after she pulled off that amazing exfiltration of Simone.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Binary Logic posted:

I liked the end with Saul Berenson still being such a complex character. Do we praise him for rescuing Carrie or vilify him for taking 7 months to get it done, after she pulled off that amazing exfiltration of Simone.

Shouldn't Elizabeth Keane take the blame for Carrie, though

"I will do everything in my power to bring back Carrie Mathieson. You have my word."

::resigns 6 hours later:::

Who even knows what role Saul has in the new administration

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

If the series finale has any kind of even vaguely happy ending it will require a whollllllle lot of BS to get there at this point.

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004
We were talking about it kinda jokingly in the prior page, but a final season centered around Carrie vs. Saul with Saul investigating Carrie as a possible double agent, paralleling her own investigation of Brody in S1, kinda seems like the only way to go at this point imo.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

EugeneJ posted:

Shouldn't Elizabeth Keane take the blame for Carrie, though

"I will do everything in my power to bring back Carrie Mathieson. You have my word."

::resigns 6 hours later:::

Yeah that was pretty outrageous. They kind of rushed the ending though, could've easily had some of next season with Carrie still in Russia. Next season is the last isn't it? It does feel like Carrie vs Saul is the only way the story can go, unless there's a massive time skip and Carrie is 'better' and it's just a random new terror threat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I could see Carrie being like the anti-Brody.

What if she comes back home and the Alex Jones guy paired with President Ralph Warner's Republican-friendly administration start the speculation that she's turned? It would be up to Saul and Carrie's family to protect her.

All it would take is one InfoWars-obsessed gun nut to believe it and she'll be killed in an unglamorous fashion. Like Omar getting gunned down by the kid while buying cigarettes in The Wire.

• Locked thread