Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

BottleKnight posted:

I haven’t read the last 100 posts since the game started and I’m gonna catch up tonight but

I think the fact that I got sick right when I started playing mafia again is a sign from the gods
nothing has happened as far as I can tell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

bowmore posted:

This seems to be the case.

The closest thing to actual play thus far seem jokey altogether.

Also a lot of jumping at nothing which is marginally suspicious.

I'll make a quick summary of what did make me go hmmmm.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

This seems to be the case.

The closest thing to actual play thus far seem jokey altogether.

Also a lot of jumping at nothing which is marginally suspicious.

I'll make a quick summary of what did make me go hmmmm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XF2ayWcJfxo

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Podima posted:

I don't like that you had to specify "town PM" here.

It was my subtle way of telling you my alignment. But seriously, town.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Yami Fenrir posted:

Put me on the far bottom right of that triangle, tia.

Also, apparently someone thought the newbie that was incredibly suspicious in pequod despite being town there wasn't suspicious enough, because...

**I AM A MILLER.** *This is not a joke claim.*

I am Jin, the Stranger, and I am a town aligned miller because I'm a *weird foreigner*. I am claiming day one because, well, miller. This is apparently what you do as a miller. I do not have any powers, an as such I am essentially VT.

For obvious reasons this is suspicious, but as voiced... it's one of their earlier posts so they did the safe and right play it truly a miller, but still... a low suspicion for obvious reasons.

Podima posted:

Boooooo first-post Miller fullclaims are so boring. I believe it though.

Cops should watch out, this likely means the usual Eccogame sanity hijinks are at play.

This also pinged me. Mafia parenting in general makes me :thunk: but also I think the cautionary call out to the cop is a bit suspicious, it sets up expectations and that's low level suspicious to me.

CCKeane posted:

This is the kind of post a scum would make.

The interaction is weird here if Keane is serious. Asiina' s post looked like normal joke phase posting so it makes Keane look weird if he is serious. I don't think he is though.

Now if he isn't serious and is joking I think Most actually looks weird for:

Moatillata posted:

Notorious mercenary cckeane kills joke phase

Admittedly I quoted this because I think it's funny, but it seems to me to be playing up that interaction as more than it was.

Max posted:

Don't know don't care. But keep posting! It may be you!

This reads weird as Keane points out, but it too is weird from context.

Max makes a maybe joking meta alignment call on Asiina

Moat prods for another judgment call.

So that's two in my book for moat looking weird, but also two for Keane calling something out.

I feel like Keane is being serious. I feel like the Asiina prodding is less serious than the scrutiny on Max.

I feel like moat looks the weirdest, but I don't know that, that means anything. Seems to be the only thing really jumping out at me so.

##vote moat

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Perfect.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I said weird a lot in that post. I am sorry for my terrible posting.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I cannot help but notice that Keane has avoided reciprocating my friendly glare. Has he reconsidered the sincerity of our bond, now suspecting me of committing the very crime I intend to solve? Or perhaps he distances himself from the scrutiny of my gaze, fearful of what he may reveal in his reply? My left eye maintains the friendly glare, but curls to add a note of disappointment.

Master Ishtil had perfected the skill of looking in two places at once, and I now practice it by training my right eye upon Podima, who had accused me of dark wizardry and sinister magicks. It is true that I have embraced such rumors to enhance my reputation; employers pay more when they believe they are buying supernatural service. Podima is right to fear me, whether for the sake of the guild or merely for himself. Even so, it is alarming that my reputation has spread so far that I am now blamed for the actions of some distant sailor, despite never having left the lands of Chamaz, to my eternal regret.

I am Alkham, Iskana's Curse. I have only ever been Alkham, and though my hands are stained red with blood, the sins I carry are my own alone. I will be judged for the crimes I have committed in my long journey for vengeance, and for the crimes I have yet to commit, but never for the crimes of others. If Podima thinks he knows me for the actions of someone else, my glare assures that he will soon know disappointment.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I said weird a lot in that post. I am sorry for my terrible posting.

This sort of self-correction I cannot help finding suspicious. It looks like a preemptive defense to an anticipated criticism, the kind of image control I would think our deceptive killer is practicing. Ironically it also draws attention to the repeated vagueness of AA's claims, which perhaps I may not have noticed if not for this self correction.

It is enough for now to earn my attention. ##unvote ##vote AA

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

The Ninth Layer posted:

This sort of self-correction I cannot help finding suspicious. It looks like a preemptive defense to an anticipated criticism, the kind of image control I would think our deceptive killer is practicing. Ironically it also draws attention to the repeated vagueness of AA's claims, which perhaps I may not have noticed if not for this self correction.

:emptyquote:

##unvote

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

The interaction is weird here if Keane is serious. Asiina' s post looked like normal joke phase posting so it makes Keane look weird if he is serious. I don’t think he is though.

I feel like Keane is being serious. I feel like the Asiina prodding is less serious than the scrutiny on Max.

What’s with this flip flop on Keane within the same post?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I believe Keane was being serious in that his response to my post was not a joke. Wrong and lazy but as a first post to get out of jokephase I'm alright with it.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Podima posted:

He's saying that Keane was serious in prodding Max, but that his call on my post wasn't.

I disagree, but it's not a contradiction.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Max posted:

Wait I just read this

##unvote
##vote BK

Slander and lies.

the truth hurts bish

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

the fact that i put all the samafia mods (that are in this game) near each other on the alignment chart is not a coincidence

i almost typed *not* instead of using bbcode, gently caress, ive been out of the game

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

CCKeane posted:

BK I want you to use your stirring rhetoric to win me over.

win you over to what

you need to set goals for yourself, keanard

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

The Ninth Layer posted:

Eh, I know we've been disconnected in recent games but self consciousness is kind of my thing.

I understand though, I'm just the type of person to read and reread everything I post and say everywhere.

:shepface:

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

##unvote

Yami Fenrir posted:

Put me on the far bottom right of that triangle, tia.

Also, apparently someone thought the newbie that was incredibly suspicious in pequod despite being town there wasn't suspicious enough, because...

**I AM A MILLER.** *This is not a joke claim.*

I am Jin, the Stranger, and I am a town aligned miller because I'm a *weird foreigner*. I am claiming day one because, well, miller. This is apparently what you do as a miller. I do not have any powers, an as such I am essentially VT.

Oh good, another game with a miller? Thanks, Ecco :colbert:

Podima posted:

Cops should watch out, this likely means the usual Eccogame sanity hijinks are at play.

Good post, I agree.

Max posted:

Actually the fact that Asiina: isn't seething with rage / posting / hasn't quit probably means she is town.

Somewhat agree with this too although I feel like I've played a game with her recently where she insisted she'd switched up her meta and that turned out to be the case. We'll see.

SalTheBard posted:

If there is a Submarine I'm getting on that submarine.

Lol, our team got so boned because of that mechanic (and because my play sucked, but, y'know).

CCKeane posted:

Either implies two.

How do you know the number of alignments in this game, Max?

Feel like this is trying really hard to be a gotcha way too early D1. I don't like it.

Like the gimmick and I know Ecco appreciates it but I ain't reading this much D1, sorry.

Podima posted:

I don't like that you had to specify "town PM" here.

I kinda don't either. Consider myself pinged.

That's my "hot takes" for now.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

The Ninth Layer posted:

I cannot help but notice that Keane has avoided reciprocating my friendly glare. Has he reconsidered the sincerity of our bond, now suspecting me of committing the very crime I intend to solve? Or perhaps he distances himself from the scrutiny of my gaze, fearful of what he may reveal in his reply? My left eye maintains the friendly glare, but curls to add a note of disappointment.

Master Ishtil had perfected the skill of looking in two places at once, and I now practice it by training my right eye upon Podima, who had accused me of dark wizardry and sinister magicks. It is true that I have embraced such rumors to enhance my reputation; employers pay more when they believe they are buying supernatural service. Podima is right to fear me, whether for the sake of the guild or merely for himself. Even so, it is alarming that my reputation has spread so far that I am now blamed for the actions of some distant sailor, despite never having left the lands of Chamaz, to my eternal regret.

I am Alkham, Iskana's Curse. I have only ever been Alkham, and though my hands are stained red with blood, the sins I carry are my own alone. I will be judged for the crimes I have committed in my long journey for vengeance, and for the crimes I have yet to commit, but never for the crimes of others. If Podima thinks he knows me for the actions of someone else, my glare assures that he will soon know disappointment.

I can't reciprocating your glare, for when you look upon me you see a picture of transcendent beauty, and I cannot say the same.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
good morning

##unvote

##vote pod

for this post:

Podima posted:

and this one:

Podima posted:

re: asiina, i had a similar reaction to keane when i saw that post, something about the phrasing that pinged me a little.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Atomic Soda posted:

good morning

##unvote

##vote pod

for this post:

and this one:

re: asiina, i had a similar reaction to keane when i saw that post, something about the phrasing that pinged me a little.
I think I agree with this

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
what are your thoughts on aa bowmore?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Atomic Soda posted:

what are your thoughts on aa bowmore?
it works for some people but i'm not sure I agree with the religious aspect of it

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
thankyou curly

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

CCKeane posted:

Can you describe what you mean by weird foreigner?

There isn't much more to explain about it. I'm from a far away land, born in a city called Hashein. People mistrust me for no reason other than I'm different than them. That's all the fluff I got regarding my miller status.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

bowmore posted:

it works for some people but i'm not sure I agree with the religious aspect of it

This is a good post

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Atomic Soda posted:

good morning

##unvote

##vote pod

for this post:

and this one:

"Could you elaborate why you take issue with those two statements?" If there is an obvious problem that Atomic Soda sees here, it is lost on me.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

The Ninth Layer posted:

"Could you elaborate why you take issue with those two statements?" If there is an obvious problem that Atomic Soda sees here, it is lost on me.

sure

*simpers*

Podima posted:

i think miller first post claims are a good idea. i realise that pod hasn't disagreed with this in his post, but the way its phrased and the negative slant makes me feel wary. the second bit i'm wavering between giving advice and subtle fishing.

Podima posted:

didn't get this read from aa's post, though i don't agree with him.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Don't love how you dropped the vote and waited to explain it till asked, but at least you had the explanation ready even if it's a weak one. (P.S. I've said the same thing about millers in previous games, pretty sure. I find instant claims exceptionally boring gameplay.)

AA's post was difficult to follow in the first place (though apparently others read it more easily than I did) and I'm still not sure I like it. Looking back again, he mentions Max a couple times but never makes an alignment call on him.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

bowmore posted:

heh

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

IllegallySober posted:

Like the gimmick and I know Ecco appreciates it but I ain't reading this much D1, sorry.

This jumped out at me from IS' post, which is also guilty of a bunch of quotes/words without a lot of actual game content. Feels like forcing themselves to put something out there.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

SalTheBard posted:

O_O

##unvote Mona

Hey Sal why'd you unvote Monathin here in response to the miller claim? Seems unrelated.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
That AS "case" on Pod is real bad and doesn't actually say why he's scum at all.

##unvote
##vote AS

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Podima posted:

Don't love how you dropped the vote and waited to explain it till asked, but at least you had the explanation ready even if it's a weak one. (P.S. I've said the same thing about millers in previous games, pretty sure. I find instant claims exceptionally boring gameplay.)

AA's post was difficult to follow in the first place (though apparently others read it more easily than I did) and I'm still not sure I like it. Looking back again, he mentions Max a couple times but never makes an alignment call on him.

i'm always interested in who asks. its day one, i'm not claiming this is some air tight slam dunk, but i think it's worth a vote. i agree the aa post was not easier to read.

what do you think of bowmores response to my initial vote?

i'm also a little suss of sober.

Asiina posted:

That AS "case" on Pod is real bad and doesn't actually say why he's scum at all.

##unvote
##vote AS

i thought my follow-up was reasonably clear, but again i'm suss of him because of the tone of response to yami plus possible fishing, and trying to make something of something that wasn't there re: aa.

do you have any other reads? your case that i'm scum is that my case on pod is real bad, yes?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Podima posted:

Should I have had to? Max is important only in context of the two players I was discussing and independently I called out his post as suspicious. I feel like you are either misunderstanding what I had to say about Max or are misrepresenting me.

It was a suspicion list based solely on what I found curious at that time so needing to have to express something concrete for something expressed as nebulous is weird.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

bowmore posted:

Lazy. Plenty has happened and is still happening.

##unvote
##vote bowmore
Leaving that there for now until you post more.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

For obvious reasons this is suspicious, but as voiced... it's one of their earlier posts so they did the safe and right play it truly a miller, but still... a low suspicion for obvious reasons.

This also pinged me. Mafia parenting in general makes me :thunk: but also I think the cautionary call out to the cop is a bit suspicious, it sets up expectations and that's low level suspicious to me.

The interaction is weird here if Keane is serious. Asiina' s post looked like normal joke phase posting so it makes Keane look weird if he is serious. I don't think he is though.

Now if he isn't serious and is joking I think Most actually looks weird for:

Admittedly I quoted this because I think it's funny, but it seems to me to be playing up that interaction as more than it was.

This reads weird as Keane points out, but it too is weird from context.

Max makes a maybe joking meta alignment call on Asiina

Moat prods for another judgment call.

So that's two in my book for moat looking weird, but also two for Keane calling something out.

I feel like moat looks the weirdest, but I don't know that, that means anything. Seems to be the only thing really jumping out at me so.

##vote moat

I don't understand the jump to Moat is scum here. Moat stated something that actually seemed obvious at the time: Keane was making what I thought was a serious post. Looks bad man.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

IllegallySober posted:

Feel like this is trying really hard to be a gotcha way too early D1. I don't like it.

I'm OK with Keane's gotcha since there wasn't much else to go on at the time, and is fairly standard fare for early day 1 casing.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Should I have had to? Max is important only in context of the two players I was discussing and independently I called out his post as suspicious. I feel like you are either misunderstanding what I had to say about Max or are misrepresenting me.

It was a suspicion list based solely on what I found curious at that time so needing to have to express something concrete for something expressed as nebulous is weird.

No I didn't understand it either since it looked like you had very little to say about moat beyond the fact that they were weird when your read of me seemed stronger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Asiina posted:

##unvote
##vote AS

Hmm, but it does.

• Locked thread