Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

bewbies posted:

so here's a semi-serious question: is there any chance the dodgers dangle kershaw if their season really does go fart? i am assuming he'll opt out, and he'd bring a fortune in Baseball Commodities back if they do indeed decide to walk away from the wreckage

I think they might try to do a Chapman and trade then re-sign him. Would be a hell of a thing, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

General Dog posted:

What was that site a few years ago where you could look up any pitcher in MLB and there would be gifs of their full repertoire of pitches? Is that still around?

That it is.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

One of my favorite websites on the whole internet.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

My boner thanks you goonsire

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

The Corey Kluber slurve is an absolutely filthy pitch.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Good Dog posted:

E: I'm sure some old dude was complaining about speed guns that could track pitch velocity way back in the day. More data is better than less data, harder hit balls are better than soft hit balls.

Baseball's always had an obsession with pitch speed.

This is video of Bob Feller being tested against a motorcycle that was supposedly traveling at 86 miles per hour. Feller beat him to the target, despite the motorcycle having a head start.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhZ7t_DNi9w

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Inspector_666 posted:

Sometimes baseball is great and Ken Giles tries to break his own jaw.

This is a goddamned bobblehead that I could get behind. Or a little dashboard doll that clocks himself every time I go over a bump.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
cmon intruder you're better than this

https://twitter.com/AstrosRants/status/991516143067258880

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Did this guy see what Giles did the previous game after getting the last out?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

my god the salt

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse

Julio Cruz posted:

my god the salt

Lol even better:

https://twitter.com/AstrosRants/status/991509930657173504

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

Mustached Demon posted:

I showed this to my wife (we pulled the goalie recently) and she was not amused. Meeting Rizzo will not be a reason to push things back.

Yeah I don't get how this makes Dex cool at all.

ego symphonic
Feb 23, 2010

This is completely unwatchable, good lord.

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004

bewbies posted:

so here's a semi-serious question: is there any chance the dodgers dangle kershaw if their season really does go fart? i am assuming he'll opt out, and he'd bring a fortune in Baseball Commodities back if they do indeed decide to walk away from the wreckage

No

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

mcmagic posted:

Did this guy see what Giles did the previous game after getting the last out?

Giles also did his dumb hulk celebration last night after striking out Stanton, despite the fact that it was his first out and he allowed a double and a single right before it.

The man is a moron.

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Giles also did his dumb hulk celebration last night after striking out Stanton, despite the fact that it was his first out and he allowed a double and a single right before it.

The man is a moron.

He's clearly cuckoo. His interminable ritualistic routine before every pitch drives me loving nuts. Getting an enormous William Blake illustration tattooed on his back and sharpened teeth to show to batters before the pitch would somehow complete the clear insanity of this goofball.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Yeah, I can’t get over that insane display last night. Why did he punch himself in the face? He could totally break his hand!

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

I choose to believe this is a joke

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Carlosologist posted:

Yeah, I can’t get over that insane display last night. Why did he punch himself in the face? He could totally break his hand!

Giles strikes me as an insecure man with deep anger issues who goes to sleep each night watching Billy Wagner entrance videos

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Apparently Giles didn't get the enough pine tar on the ball.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Popete posted:

Apparently Giles didn't get the enough pine tar on the ball.

Somebody asked Bauer about the article...

https://twitter.com/lexhooper/status/991692801317507072

...which seems like it's pretty much an admission he did.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Holy loving poo poo, this is better/worse than anything BFIB has posted.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Mustached Demon posted:

I showed this to my wife (we pulled the goalie recently) and she was not amused.

Mike_V posted:

Yeah I don't get how this makes Dex cool at all.

I generally like Dex, but as a uterus-haver, this weirded me out.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

His wife sent him a prospective date for the c-section and he said they play the Cubs that day so could they do it a different day and he or she threw in the thing about seeing Rizzo as a joke. It's not like he skipped the birth or something. Also it's like 2 months from now.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I mean, look, their family, their rules. It just weirded me out, I didn't say I hated him forever or anything. :shrug:

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Sorry I actually can't stand all the social media stuff and how people use it. Like this seems like it was engineered to "go viral" or some annoying thing when it's really pretty much a non-story.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Some Numbers posted:

Holy loving poo poo, this is better/worse than anything BFIB has posted.

Whew....yeah no. I'd listen to an 'as bad' argument though.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
It's almost as if every fan base has a bunch of poo poo heads with bad opinions :aaaaa:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://mobile.twitter.com/JasonPuc...=LookoutLanding

I'm not ready for this :(

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Noooooooooooo

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
I was really hoping to not see Ichiro suffer baseball-retirement-death while I was alive.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
I really wanted him to suddenly get good again.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
:( Noooooooooooooo :(

He doesn't even get a year long going away party because he has been so bad.

:( :( :(

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
Gonna miss him :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtImIqR5neU

At least there will finally be a new winner of the goons favorite MLB player list.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

It's sad, but I'm not particularly surprised; I was skeptical when I heard the Ms were going to resign him and with Haniger and Gamel producing, there really isn't room for him in the outfield.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Well that's loving depressing.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Despite this not being me, I absolutely am not better than this

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
I started watching the Rays because they’re Giants East after all the trades, but I keep coming back to watch this Snell guy pitch. Dude owns.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I like how he counts the replay as "another" bat flip.

I mean, if that's a "World Series celebration" that's just sad.

edit: Its ok, guys.

https://twitter.com/AstrosRants/status/991685055658504193

quote:

I want to apologize for a tweet I sent out last night in the heat of the moment. It was seconds after Yankees catcher, Gary Sanchez, hit a go ahead home run:

I obviously don’t want Sanchez to be hit in the head next game. I never would cheer for something like that because it’s beyond my character as a human being.

That being said, I still think Gary Sanchez should be hit in the next game. The Houston Astros are WORLD CHAMPIONS. This was a May 1st game and about the 30th game played of the season. There is still well over 100 games left in the season. Sanchez acted like he hit a World Series clinching home run and that, in my honest opinion, is out of line and unnecessary. Especially when you are facing a WORLD CHAMPION!

Facing a World Champion should garner some respect. If this was against the Rays, then it would be a little different, but it’s against the WORLD CHAMPIONS. Something that Sanchez can’t call himself. And maybe that has to do with the way he carries himself on the field. If he acted more professional and respected the game more, maybe he would be a WORLD CHAMPION.

Like I said earlier, I hope he doesn’t get hit in the head. That would be awful and I am not condoning that. I apologize, but let’s not act like he shouldn’t be hit in the next game because that would be a lie.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 19:23 on May 2, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Has that dude never seen a bat flip before? On a scale of No Flip to Jose Bautista that was like a Kris Bryant.

• Locked thread