Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Max posted:

No I didn't understand it either since it looked like you had very little to say about moat beyond the fact that they were weird when your read of me seemed stronger.

While your post was strange as pointed out by Serious Keane, and confirmed by me

I felt that moat' s joke phase play had been more indicative of scum behavior that I've experienced in past.

Involved enough to joke about all the goings on. But not actively contributing. Present enough to be relevant at a glance and that's more telling imo.

I feel like I play with another handbook than most of you all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Atomic Soda posted:

sure

*simpers*

i think miller first post claims are a good idea. i realise that pod hasn't disagreed with this in his post, but the way its phrased and the negative slant makes me feel wary. the second bit i'm wavering between giving advice and subtle fishing.

didn't get this read from aa's post, though i don't agree with him.

I don't agree that Podima was fishing there and meta wise I know he just thinks claiming miller is lame and is alignment neutral for him.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Atomic Soda posted:

sure

*simpers*

i think miller first post claims are a good idea. i realise that pod hasn't disagreed with this in his post, but the way its phrased and the negative slant makes me feel wary. the second bit i'm wavering between giving advice and subtle fishing.

didn't get this read from aa's post, though i don't agree with him.

"Thank you for your clarifications. They are appreciated." And I mean it too. It is always to the guild's benefit when we share the methods we use to arrive to our conclusions. What is obvious to one set of eyes may be invisible to another.

Yet privately I disagree with the implications of this response. Atomic Soda derives a negative tone from what I would instead characterize as a somewhat jovial acceptance of a claim. Podima's advice to be cautious of investigation results struck me as prudent for the situation, so I wonder why AS frames this instead as searching for extra knowledge beyond what has been presented. If anything the accusation is itself revealing, leading me to question the wisdom of making it at all. Finally I am perplexed by how AS can claim to disagree with a question asking for clarification, or for that matter how such a disagreement says anything substantial about Podima beyond that there is a disagreement. Should Podima not have noted the apparent discrepancy?

In short, it seems I still do not see the malicious intent in Podima's statements even when presented in the worst light possible. I am once again left pondering how Atomic Soda could have arrived at these interpretations naturally.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

While your post was strange as pointed out by Serious Keane, and confirmed by me

I felt that moat' s joke phase play had been more indicative of scum behavior that I've experienced in past.

Involved enough to joke about all the goings on. But not actively contributing. Present enough to be relevant at a glance and that's more telling imo.

I feel like I play with another handbook than most of you all.

I'm always down to vote moat if the feeling is right, but I don't see it at the moment.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Oh it looks like Bowmore did post a little bit more but it wasn't really anything.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Atomic Soda posted:

i thought my follow-up was reasonably clear, but again i'm suss of him because of the tone of response to yami plus possible fishing, and trying to make something of something that wasn't there re: aa.

do you have any other reads? your case that i'm scum is that my case on pod is real bad, yes?

My case is that you don't actually explain why Pod is scum. TNL just said it in many flowery words, but you disagreed with him about making a miller claim, but don't say why that makes him scummy.

You also disagreed with his read of AA's case, when he asked about some confusing wording (which I also got tripped up on and had to re-read to understand, which is why I clarified it for him).

These are things you disagree with Pod about, but why does that make him scum?

What about his tone did you find scummy? How was he fishing?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Podima posted:

Hey Sal why'd you unvote Monathin here in response to the miller claim? Seems unrelated.

I momentarily confused Miller with Bus Driver. Plus my vote for Mona was a joke. I had planned to vote Yami which is why I unvoted.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Atomic Soda posted:

i'm always interested in who asks. its day one, i'm not claiming this is some air tight slam dunk, but i think it's worth a vote. i agree the aa post was not easier to read.

what do you think of bowmores response to my initial vote?

i'm also a little suss of sober.

i thought my follow-up was reasonably clear, but again i'm suss of him because of the tone of response to yami plus possible fishing, and trying to make something of something that wasn't there re: aa.

do you have any other reads? your case that i'm scum is that my case on pod is real bad, yes?

I find these comments suspect for several reasons.

AS simultaneously acknowledges Podima's defense of her accusations but then repeats those accusations to anotherr without any sign of taking Podima's defense to account.

When challenged to explain why Atomic Soda's accusations speak at all to alignment, AS instead simply repeats them verbatim, as if unwilling or unable to explore them further.

AS offers two very disposable, unexplained reads of others here and ends the statement disparaging Asiina's vote and implying Asiina needs to post opinions of others. It is as if Atomic Sofa offered up these quick opinions solely to accuse Asiina of not having done the same.

An assassin should always trust their instincts. Mine are telling me to ##unvote ##vote Atomic Soda

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Max posted:

Hmm, but it does.

Max posted:

I don't agree that Podima was fishing there and meta wise I know he just thinks claiming miller is lame and is alignment neutral for him.

"It seems you came to a similar conclusion Asiina did regarding this accusation. Why then did you disagree entirely with her case?"

To me it seems that Atomic Soda's case would be faulty and alignment neutral independent of who had made those original statements, but Max has instead presented this as if he thinks the case is only invalid based on his unique prior experiences with Podima, and would otherwise be fine. I am curious to hear which parts of the original case he thought did speak to alignment.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:siren: reminder that the deadline is tonight. However, if it looks like you are all incapable of getting it together before then, I will extend it 24 hours. So consider tonight a trial run!

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Podima posted:

This jumped out at me from IS' post, which is also guilty of a bunch of quotes/words without a lot of actual game content. Feels like forcing themselves to put something out there.

Hmmm. Can you explain why my comment on TNL jumped out at you over a similar comment that you glossed over?

Asiina posted:

That's a lot of words I don't feel like reading.

(I thought I remembered someone else other than Asiina, too, but can't find the post at the moment).

Re: "not a lot of actual game content"- no, probably not, but it's D1 (a day I notoriously hate) and I'm trying to point out things that ping me where I can.

Atomic Soda posted:

i'm also a little suss of sober.

Care to explain more?

Max posted:

I'm OK with Keane's gotcha since there wasn't much else to go on at the time, and is fairly standard fare for early day 1 casing.

If that's your opinion of it, cool. I'll state for the record that I feel like I dial in on being suspicious of Keane early across multiple games, so if no one else sees it at the moment I'll just file it away for later.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

EccoRaven posted:

:siren: reminder that the deadline is tonight. However, if it looks like you are all incapable of getting it together before then, I will extend it 24 hours. So consider tonight a trial run!

I like the quick deadline tbh but will be in and out around the actual deadline time. Should be available most of the day before that.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

EccoRaven posted:

"Considering this, might it be possible for us to view an accurate count of current votes?"

It occurs to me that I did not remember the guild having an organizing butler type figure to guide us along when I had initially joined. Perhaps this suspicious individual is the real master assassin..?

I blink. There is no one before me. What had I just been thinking about? I can no longer remember.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I won't be around for deadline, it's D&D night starting about 3 hours before.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
Got home from work, read through the thread, here's my current opinion: A lot of nullreads, really. People are jumping at nothings right now, in my opinion, but I don't really see them suspicious over that yet.

I will not be around at the deadline either, since that is 4 am for me.

Now, lets talk content.There's something that struck out to me immediately, and it's...

AA.

Specifically, this post:

quote:

For obvious reasons this is suspicious, but as voiced... it's one of their earlier posts so they did the safe and right play it truly a miller, but still... a low suspicion for obvious reasons.
Podima posted:

Boooooo first-post Miller fullclaims are so boring. I believe it though.

Cops should watch out, this likely means the usual Eccogame sanity hijinks are at play.

This also pinged me. Mafia parenting in general makes me but also I think the cautionary call out to the cop is a bit suspicious, it sets up expectations and that's low level suspicious to me.
CCKeane posted:

This is the kind of post a scum would make.

The interaction is weird here if Keane is serious. Asiina' s post looked like normal joke phase posting so it makes Keane look weird if he is serious. I don't think he is though.

Now if he isn't serious and is joking I think Most actually looks weird for:
Moatillata posted:

Notorious mercenary cckeane kills joke phase

Admittedly I quoted this because I think it's funny, but it seems to me to be playing up that interaction as more than it was.
Max posted:

Don't know don't care. But keep posting! It may be you!

This reads weird as Keane points out, but it too is weird from context.

Max makes a maybe joking meta alignment call on Asiina

Moat prods for another judgment call.

So that's two in my book for moat looking weird, but also two for Keane calling something out.

I feel like Keane is being serious. I feel like the Asiina prodding is less serious than the scrutiny on Max.

I feel like moat looks the weirdest, but I don't know that, that means anything. Seems to be the only thing really jumping out at me so.

##vote moat

What I am reading, between the lines here, is a fairly big lack of commitment to their reads.

"This guy is maybe suspicious. That guy is maybe suspicious. This post looks a bit weird. That guy is a bit weird.

I don't understand where the moat vote comes from at all. The "meta read" seems like a flimsy excuse to vote someone with just as little commitment as the earlier reads. It's d1, calling people out over not contributing feels a bit too early to me.

I really do not like AA's current content currently showcase. My vote remains on him.

As a side note I don't see where the AS votes are coming from. Especially asiina's looks far too easy of a vote to me. I don't like the circumstances behind that vote. at least TNL had a proper case, asiina's looks like a bandwagon to me.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
I think dear soda is town and this gives me hope

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Im ambivalent on AA

But would consider as an option for today if we want to try to make deadline

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
I would like to hear more from something awful forums poster

Iced Phoenix

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

dearest yami posted:

I really do not like AA's current content currently showcase. My vote remains on him.

For some reason this sentence is breaking what is left my brain

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Finally, to conclude i am p good with my pod vote atm it has transitioned from joke to real

Like a butterfly emerging from a chrysallis

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

The Ninth Layer posted:

I blink. There is no one before me. What had I just been thinking about? I can no longer remember.

Mafia.txt (for me)

Yami Fenrir posted:

As a side note I don't see where the AS votes are coming from. Especially asiina's looks far too easy of a vote to me. I don't like the circumstances behind that vote. at least TNL had a proper case, asiina's looks like a bandwagon to me.

This seems like a bit of a contradiction. Either TNL has a case or he doesn't, no?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'd also like to know how I'm the bandwagon when I'm the one who voted for AS first?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'm going to be busy pretty much all day and night until right before deadline, but I'll be reading as much as I can and offering spicy takes.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Greetings, compatriots. I will momentarily catch up with the discussions going on as my functions return to me from a dreadful sleep.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

The Ninth Layer posted:

"It seems you came to a similar conclusion Asiina did regarding this accusation. Why then did you disagree entirely with her case?"

To me it seems that Atomic Soda's case would be faulty and alignment neutral independent of who had made those original statements, but Max has instead presented this as if he thinks the case is only invalid based on his unique prior experiences with Podima, and would otherwise be fine. I am curious to hear which parts of the original case he thought did speak to alignment.

I disagree with her case but it's still an actual read.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

IllegallySober posted:

Mafia.txt (for me)

This seems like a bit of a contradiction. Either TNL has a case or he doesn't, no?

I feel like you're grasping at straws here. What I'm saying is that both votes are weak in my view, but TNL at least put in effort.

Speaking of which, your posting style kind of reminds me of AA. A bunch of words (propped up by quotes making it appear more than it actually is) that don't do much except low-commitment jumping on choice phrases.

Hmm.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

She also followed it up with actual pointed questions at people and isn't letting them off the hook. That reads town to me, so I'm being more generous with her post.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Asiina posted:

I'd also like to know how I'm the bandwagon when I'm the one who voted for AS first?

Did you? I read your posting history's seperately, and yours definitely looked like one compared to TNL's post. My apologies, I crammed in my thread re-reading into a relatively small timeframe after coming home from work.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Right now I'd vote AA -> Bow.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Yami Fenrir posted:

I feel like you're grasping at straws here. What I'm saying is that both votes are weak in my view, but TNL at least put in effort.

Speaking of which, your posting style kind of reminds me of AA. A bunch of words (propped up by quotes making it appear more than it actually is) that don't do much except low-commitment jumping on choice phrases.

Hmm.

It's day 1. If any one has a solid read on anyone day 1 that's suspicious. I like to cast a net, and am not afraid to be vocal about what I think strikes me as odd.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Moatillata posted:

I would like to hear more from something awful forums poster

Iced Phoenix

:same:

I was just double checking the thread before I run to the store and get more kleenex but I'll look stuff over when I get back.

Related: did you know it's possible to blow your nose so much that you get a gusher? That was a cool thing to discover today.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

That's so gross I'd also vote for IP.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Yami Fenrir posted:

Hmm.

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

It's day 1. If any one has a solid read on anyone day 1 that's suspicious. I like to cast a net, and am not afraid to be vocal about what I think strikes me as odd.

Yeah, basically what AA said. If something seems off to me I'm going to question it. You thinking I'm propping up my posts by quotes is me trying to make it easier for others to order my thoughts. If you want rapid-fire thoughts with no context, go read Moat :rimshot:

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

IllegallySober posted:

Yeah, basically what AA said. If something seems off to me I'm going to question it. You thinking I'm propping up my posts by quotes is me trying to make it easier for others to order my thoughts. If you want rapid-fire thoughts with no context, go read Moat :rimshot:

Looks at moats post history ... Point taken.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Yami Fenrir posted:

Looks at moats post history ... Point taken.

:whatup:

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Max posted:

"What makes bowmore your second choice?" I personally do not see much distinction between him and other assassins like SalTheBard, BottleKnight, Monathin or CCkeane.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Hmm, I forgot about Sal and BK entirely. I'd put them at even footing with Bow in that case.

Monathin checked in just before I did so I'm sitting and waiting there, and Keane I think did enough earlier that I wouldn't feel comfortable dunking him atm, plus I know he has a work schedule.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Max posted:

Hmm, I forgot about Sal and BK entirely. I'd put them at even footing with Bow in that case.

Monathin checked in just before I did so I'm sitting and waiting there, and Keane I think did enough earlier that I wouldn't feel comfortable dunking him atm, plus I know he has a work schedule.

At some point someone is gonna have to stand up to known lurker cckeane and confront him for not posting at least 20 posts a day, five of which must be effort

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Best not to even joke about that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Max posted:

Why? I looked at Bow's history, there is nothing.

• Locked thread