Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I'm confident somebody whipping up a frenzy on Pod is scum, also. Don't know who though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

CCKeane posted:

I'm confident somebody whipping up a frenzy on Pod is scum, also. Don't know who though.

As am I. Though I am curious as to your thoughts on Anonymous' suspicions of Moat, and their case. If you wish to look for content that hedges, I feel as if that's worse than Sal's offering.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Monathin posted:

As am I. Though I am curious as to your thoughts on Anonymous' suspicions of Moat, and their case. If you wish to look for content that hedges, I feel as if that's worse than Sal's offering.

Eh. It's okay.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Monathin posted:

Roarel spun a dagger in his thick and calloused hands before plunging it into the ale soaked wood of the table he sat at.

"Hedging is it?" he said grabbing his massive abdomen as a sinister chortle rose up, "Nah, lad. I calls em' like I sees em', and what I'm seeing is an outlier... He has the look, he drinks the ale, he laughs the laugh, but that's it innit'?"

"If that's not fishy, then I must be a sodden whale"

Retrieving the dagger with a thumb and forefinger too large for any normal person, let alone an assassin, Roarel flung the dagger effortlessly into the wall next to Moat's head.

"There's yer scum."

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Atomic Soda posted:

i'm always interested in who asks. its day one, i'm not claiming this is some air tight slam dunk, but i think it's worth a vote. i agree the aa post was not easier to read.

what do you think of bowmores response to my initial vote?

i'm also a little suss of sober.

Re: bowmore, the joke was good but the rest of his posting has no substance or engagement. It's generally SOP for him regardless of alignment but I feel like he purposefully avoided commenting on stuff that there was to comment on.

Break down what you're thinking re: Sober, please?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

On the quality of the joke alone I will not vote Bowmore day 1.

I am not suspicious of Asiina anymore.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

The deadline is in a little over five and a half hours.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Max posted:

I'm OK with Keane's gotcha since there wasn't much else to go on at the time, and is fairly standard fare for early day 1 casing.

Correct, this is Classic Keane.

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I felt that moat' s joke phase play had been more indicative of scum behavior that I've experienced in past.

Involved enough to joke about all the goings on. But not actively contributing. Present enough to be relevant at a glance and that's more telling imo.

THIS explains things much better than your original post re: Moat, thank you.

Speaking of which:

Moatillata posted:

##vote pod

He knows too much

Moatillata posted:

I'm not foreseeing removing my vote from pod until I receive world renowned new jersey ales

Moatillata posted:

Finally, to conclude i am p good with my pod vote atm it has transitioned from joke to real

Like a butterfly emerging from a chrysallis

You made a handful of calls on other people (prod on Max, town on AS, ambivalent-would-vote on AA, lurker callout on Ice) but never actually explained this evolution of a jokevote into a real vote. ##unvote ##vote moat

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

SalTheBard posted:

I momentarily confused Miller with Bus Driver. Plus my vote for Mona was a joke. I had planned to vote Yami which is why I unvoted.

Two portions of this make no sense. Confusing Miller for Busdriver I can see but it's weird in a vacuum. Of course your first vote was a jokevote. But if you planned to vote for Yami and thought he was claiming busdriver, why wouldn't you just... vote him, instead of unvoting and coming back hours later to go "oh I looked it up"?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Podima posted:

Break down what you're thinking re: Sober, please?

I know this wasn't directed at me but IS doesn't really have a lot to work with. There are really only 3 posts of any sort of content, but what I liked was that there was were quoted posts and there were responses so we could at least get some sort of idea where IS's head is

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Podima posted:

Two portions of this make no sense. Confusing Miller for Busdriver I can see but it's weird in a vacuum. Of course your first vote was a jokevote. But if you planned to vote for Yami and thought he was claiming busdriver, why wouldn't you just... vote him, instead of unvoting and coming back hours later to go "oh I looked it up"?

I try to be very cautious about "real votes" on D1. My vote on Max was heat of the moment and not something I'm proud of. I wasn't going to post anything about being confused until you mentioned it and I felt it was better to clarify than to just leave it hanging.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

SalTheBard posted:

I know this wasn't directed at me but IS doesn't really have a lot to work with. There are really only 3 posts of any sort of content, but what I liked was that there was were quoted posts and there were responses so we could at least get some sort of idea where IS's head is

Sal, what do you think about players you haven't mentioned much lately?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

The Ninth Layer posted:

I find these comments suspect for several reasons.

AS simultaneously acknowledges Podima's defense of her accusations but then repeats those accusations to anotherr without any sign of taking Podima's defense to account.

When challenged to explain why Atomic Soda's accusations speak at all to alignment, AS instead simply repeats them verbatim, as if unwilling or unable to explore them further.

I don't agree with this, AS' tone felt conversational and willing to discuss the vote, not as hardline as you're framing it to be here.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Podima posted:

MAFIA EDIT:

I was also asleep from about 7am to 10:30am or so

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

:siren: reminder that the deadline is tonight. However, if it looks like you are all incapable of getting it together before then, I will extend it 24 hours. So consider tonight a trial run!

This is where I'm at threadwise with catchup, back before deadline.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Roarel spun a dagger in his thick and calloused hands before plunging it into the ale soaked wood of the table he sat at.

"Hedging is it?" he said grabbing his massive abdomen as a sinister chortle rose up, "Nah, lad. I calls em' like I sees em', and what I'm seeing is an outlier... He has the look, he drinks the ale, he laughs the laugh, but that's it innit'?"

"If that's not fishy, then I must be a sodden whale"

Retrieving the dagger with a thumb and forefinger too large for any normal person, let alone an assassin, Roarel flung the dagger effortlessly into the wall next to Moat's head.

"There's yer scum."

The student affords himself a quick chuckle at the parlor tricks. A rogue among rogues, surely.

"And what so happens you've got yourself on the wrong foot, if you pardon my parlance? If you think he's scum, so be it, but if he's not, then where's your gut take you?" He idly gestures at the man's chortling midsection. "I'm not so idealistic that I think we're going to bag our Master's killer before the body cools. I'm willing to be wrong, I should hope you would be too."

He overhears Podima's own suspicions of Moat, however, and takes a second to pull out a cloth to wipe off his glasses. More a meditative practice than removing any grime that had collected on it. "If push comes to shove I'll vote Moat given the evidence being presented. But I don't like the way you 'cast your net', fisherman, and only until I see some solid proof that your head's in the right place will I reconsider my stance."

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

CCKeane posted:

Sal, what do you think about players you haven't mentioned much lately?

Moatilla and Ice are probably worth a relook. TNL is role playing so I'm having a lot of trouble getting any sort of read there. Yami is a "Miller" so who knows there. Atomic Soda probably falls in the "take another look" category. I tried to read the thread closely yesterday when I had time. It's really worth another look today.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

SalTheBard posted:

Just because I took off my vote off of Max doesn't mean I won't vote for him come deadline. I voted for him in haste and it came off as OMGUS instead of a genuine vote. I'm not wild about his play. I would vote Pod as well although I know you aren't wild about that answer. I'm sorry it's just the way I feel.

This strikes me incredibly poorly on a reread.

##vote Sal

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Ok. Why? What is your reasoning?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

SalTheBard posted:

Ok. Why? What is your reasoning?

I don't need to convince scum they're scum.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Podima posted:

I don't agree with this, AS' tone felt conversational and willing to discuss the vote, not as hardline as you're framing it to be here.

"I viewed this statement as very defensive." Rather than defend or expound on her case on Podima, AS rattles the three same talking points to shut Asiina down and attempts some table turning.

The repetition I find especially telling, and it is a tactic I have employed; when asked to elaborate on a falsehood simply repeat it again and again until they stop asking.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Lol. Way to show some commitment. If you can't justify your vote don't make it

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

SalTheBard posted:

That's not what I said, as I'm sure others will note.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

SalTheBard posted:

"I don't like the tone you're taking there, Sal." The student raises an eyebrow. Sal's not exactly known for going on the offensive in such a way - not least of all early. It strikes him as odd.

A little too odd, with deadline looming.

##vote Sal

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

SalTheBard posted:

I am somewhat astounded at how little this statement actually says. It is bad that Illegally Sober has not said much, but good that he said things when he did say something. Why did Sal think this was a good point to bring up?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Ok. I asked a question, didn't get an answer and am now asking for clarification.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

The Ninth Layer posted:

I am somewhat astounded at how little this statement actually says. It is bad that Illegally Sober has not said much, but good that he said things when he did say something. Why did Sal think this was a good point to bring up?

He hasn't posted much, but what he did post was backed up with posts and comments, not sure why that is a controversial statement.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Pretty suspicious that Mona hasn't accused me of being scum yet also.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

SalTheBard posted:

He hasn't posted much, but what he did post was backed up with posts and comments, not sure why that is a controversial statement.

"So you have a good impression of him?"

To me it had come off as Sal not taking any stance, but perhaps I was not charitable to his initial statement.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

The Ninth Layer posted:

"So you have a good impression of him?"

To me it had come off as Sal not taking any stance, but perhaps I was not charitable to his initial statement.

I have no impression of him.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I caught up and was also thinking Sal was scummy for his strange callout on Pod that's hedgy:

SalTheBard posted:

Honestly? I would say Pod (No offense Pod). I just feel like Pod is playing an aggressive game which is not the normal Pod game I'm used to.

But I'm also uncomfortable with how fast this bandwagon is forming.

I think Keane's "I don't need to explain myself to you, scum" is a generally lovely thing to do cause it does nothing but gets people flustered. So Keane, since you have a town read on me now, why are you voting Sal? How is that post you quoted read poorly?

Monathin posted:

"I don't like the tone you're taking there, Sal." The student raises an eyebrow. Sal's not exactly known for going on the offensive in such a way - not least of all early. It strikes him as odd.

A little too odd, with deadline looming.

##vote Sal

I don't really like this, it feels very much like a bandwagon vote with little reason. "Oh you don't usually go on the offensive" when I don't even know what that means?

Might vote Mona for this, but still like my current vote.

Would also definitely vote bowmore as a lurker vote because I don't really expect him to actually participate at any point and might as well get it out of the way.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Asiina posted:

I caught up and was also thinking Sal was scummy for his strange callout on Pod that's hedgy:

I think Keane's "I don't need to explain myself to you, scum" is a generally lovely thing to do cause it does nothing but gets people flustered. So Keane, since you have a town read on me now, why are you voting Sal? How is that post you quoted read poorly?

I don't really like this, it feels very much like a bandwagon vote with little reason. "Oh you don't usually go on the offensive" when I don't even know what that means?

Would also definitely vote bowmore as a lurker vote because I don't really expect him to actually participate at any point and might as well get it out of the way.

Thank you.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Asiina posted:

Getting people flustered has a value in and of itself~~~

SalTheBard posted:

Just because I took off my vote off of Max doesn't mean I won't vote for him come deadline. I voted for him in haste and it came off as OMGUS instead of a genuine vote. I'm not wild about his play. I would vote Pod as well although I know you aren't wild about that answer. I'm sorry it's just the way I feel.

Let's break this down:

"Just because I took off my vote off of Max doesn't mean I won't vote for him come deadline. "
The first sentence defends taking the vote off of Max, and then says Sal will revote.

"I voted for him in haste and it came off as OMGUS instead of a genuine vote."
The second sentence defends the initial vote, and, importantly, talks about how it was received instead of the intent.

"I'm not wild about his play."
Third sentence states Sal does not like Max's play, running counter to taking the vote off of him.

" I would vote Pod as well although I know you aren't wild about that answer. "
I'm pretty suspicious of folks talking about Pod, but the second point here is also going into managing how it's perceived.

"I'm sorry it's just the way I feel."
This is a weird apology to post, because why would you apologize if you thought you found scum?

It's a short post but it doesn't work together, and each sentence right after each other lacks a flow and coherency I would expect from town. I don't like it.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

CCKeane posted:

Pretty suspicious that Mona hasn't accused me of being scum yet also.

Against my better judgement, I am trying to see where the Classic Keane ends and the Suspicious Keane begins.

Maybe I'll focus on you the next day.

Asiina posted:

Sal, to me, is someone who plays cautious - sometimes overtly so. It's, at best, a read based more on Sal's character. He gets flustered easily and backtracks quickly, but rarely would I see him say something as brazen as 'if you don't justify a vote don't make it'. Maybe that's a bad read, personally, but I consider itself something that reads more like scum who got caught trying to posture in such a way to keep more votes forming on them.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Monathin posted:

Against my better judgement, I am trying to see where the Classic Keane ends and the Suspicious Keane begins.

Sal, to me, is someone who plays cautious - sometimes overtly so. It's, at best, a read based more on Sal's character. He gets flustered easily and backtracks quickly, but rarely would I see him say something as brazen as 'if you don't justify a vote don't make it'. Maybe that's a bad read, personally, but I consider itself something that reads more like scum who got caught trying to posture in such a way to keep more votes forming on them.

I agree with this.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Thank you. Let me break it down for you.

CCKeane posted:

Getting people flustered has a value in and of itself~~~

I think it's loving lovely and scum thing to do but that is neither here nor there (Mona maybe this is the reason you think my posting sounds aggressive)

quote:

Let's break this down:

"Just because I took off my vote off of Max doesn't mean I won't vote for him come deadline. "
The first sentence defends taking the vote off of Max, and then says Sal will revote.

"I voted for him in haste and it came off as OMGUS instead of a genuine vote."
The second sentence defends the initial vote, and, importantly, talks about how it was received instead of the intent.

I hate OMGUS votes, but sometimes they happen and I don't want to be that person. Instead of voting for someone based off of OMGUS I would like real honest reasons to vote that way. Just because I'm removing my vote now, doesn't mean I won't put my vote down later.[/quote]

quote:

"I'm not wild about his play."
Third sentence states Sal does not like Max's play, running counter to taking the vote off of him.

I don't like calling out Lurkers that aren't lurking. I don't like that play (just like I don't like your post not defending your vote).[/quote]

quote:

" I would vote Pod as well although I know you aren't wild about that answer. "
I'm pretty suspicious of folks talking about Pod, but the second point here is also going into managing how it's perceived.

"I'm sorry it's just the way I feel."
This is a weird apology to post, because why would you apologize if you thought you found scum?

This was in direct response to Mona saying:

Monathin posted:

"Should we need to move with haste, I would vote either of those today - but believe that the suspicion on Podima is ill-fabricated, and would not support a vote there."

I was apologizing to Mona because I know it's not the answer that they want to hear, but it's the way I feel.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

SalTheBard posted:

Thank you. Let me break it down for you.

I think it's loving lovely and scum thing to do but that is neither here nor there (Mona maybe this is the reason you think my posting sounds aggressive)

Why is this a scum thing to do?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Monathin posted:

Mona I really don't like this post. The reason I said something so brazen is because when asking in good faith what a person doesn't like about a post so that I can attempt to clarify I instead get stonewalled. In hoping to get an answer I posted what I posted. I don't care if you think it's scum. I asked in good faith for an argument and I got NOTHING. If you can't defend a vote don't make it. I don't think thats a harsh or brazen statement.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

SalTheBard posted:

I was apologizing to Mona because I know it's not the answer that they want to hear, but it's the way I feel.

Why can't Mona be scum manipulating you? Why are you apologizing to him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

CCKeane posted:

Why is this a scum thing to do?

I PERSONALLY would never try to make someone angry as it's a game. As far as I know you are town, I am also town, what I wanted was for you to explain why you didn't like a post I made. You gave me loving bullshit in return, had Asiina not asked you, you would've never done it and it potentially could've gotten me killed.

• Locked thread