Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
hello friends this is also true for me as i am in the same group:

Asiina posted:

I won't be around for deadline, it's D&D night starting about 3 hours before.

but i am here to gently caress poo poo up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

SalTheBard posted:

I PERSONALLY would never try to make someone angry as it's a game. As far as I know you are town, I am also town, what I wanted was for you to explain why you didn't like a post I made. You gave me loving bullshit in return, had Asiina not asked you, you would've never done it and it potentially could've gotten me killed.

But you called it scummy, and now you are saying I am town, as far as you know. Can you explain this? Am I scum or am I not?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

SalTheBard posted:

I PERSONALLY would never try to make someone angry as it's a game. As far as I know you are town, I am also town, what I wanted was for you to explain why you didn't like a post I made. You gave me loving bullshit in return, had Asiina not asked you, you would've never done it and it potentially could've gotten me killed.

I am also not trying to get somebody angry, but I'm certainly not willing to cede you control a of a narrative when I am trying to dig.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I'm still catching up but another thought about podima (who i don't agree with the case on) is that he would also spell particular attention to cop fuckery in an eccogame because of a previous experience that still traumatizes me to this day

so i kinda understand pointing out the miller thing with emphasis

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

CCKeane posted:

But you called it scummy, and now you are saying I am town, as far as you know. Can you explain this? Am I scum or am I not?

are you just purposefully being loving obtuse or what?

AS FAR AS I loving KNOW YOU ARE TOWN. WHAT YOU ARE DOING IS SCUMMY. I'm honestly done with this loving conversation.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

SalTheBard posted:

are you just purposefully being loving obtuse or what?

AS FAR AS I loving KNOW YOU ARE TOWN. WHAT YOU ARE DOING IS SCUMMY. I'm honestly done with this loving conversation.

This does not resolve this. You are saying I am town, while simultaneously saying I am behaving scummy. Am I town behaving poorly, or am I scum? Step back if you need to, I will be busy for the next few hours.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

CCKeane posted:

This does not resolve this. You are saying I am town, while simultaneously saying I am behaving scummy. Am I town behaving poorly, or am I scum? Step back if you need to, I will be busy for the next few hours.

The great thing about this game is I don't know what your loving alignment is. Let me break my post down word by word by word so maybe you will loving understand:

SalTheBard posted:

I PERSONALLY would never try to make someone angry as it's a game.

I PERSONALLY feel like manipulating peoples emotions in Mafia is a lovely loving thing to do. I think that doing it is a scummy thing to do (not that that makes you scum, you could be rear end in a top hat town, who knows)

quote:

As far as I know you are town, I am also town

I am town, you could be town, we could both be scum slap fighting! Thats the great thing! I operate from the assumption that people are town and want to engage in good faith conversations

quote:

what I wanted was for you to explain why you didn't like a post I made. You gave me loving bullshit in return, had Asiina not asked you, you would've never done it and it potentially could've gotten me killed.

The heart of the issue and why my hands are shaking in fury right now is when I tried to engage you in good faith you didn't. Had Asiina not put pressure on you I don't think you would've ever engaged back. Leaving a post like yours out there with no ability for me to refute it could lead to a town miskill tonight.

I'm seriously beginning to think you are just loving with me at this point because there is no way that post could be read any other way than the way I intended it.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

The Ninth Layer posted:

I find these comments suspect for several reasons.

AS simultaneously acknowledges Podima's defense of her accusations but then repeats those accusations to anotherr without any sign of taking Podima's defense to account.

When challenged to explain why Atomic Soda's accusations speak at all to alignment, AS instead simply repeats them verbatim, as if unwilling or unable to explore them further.

AS offers two very disposable, unexplained reads of others here and ends the statement disparaging Asiina's vote and implying Asiina needs to post opinions of others. It is as if Atomic Sofa offered up these quick opinions solely to accuse Asiina of not having done the same.

An assassin should always trust their instincts. Mine are telling me to ##unvote ##vote Atomic Soda

I agree with this case entirely. Specifically, the motive behind hearing a defense and then not engaging with it at all. I've grappled a lot with how much to take into account the defense of someone who I think is scum but it mega depends on context and I think responding to "this is what i genuinely think in mafia in general" with "i'm not claiming this is some air tight slam dunk" reads a lot to me as a scum thinking "well, i already went out on my ledge for today targeting a townie, i can't waste the social capital to do it again so i'm just gonna stick with it."

this is the place where my vote would be but i want to fully catch up first.

as a final thought here, atomic soda, yami and I have an unconfirmed masonry. I really don't give much of a poo poo about unconfirmed masonries (especially in an eccogame!!!!) because they gently caress with your head and idk i dont want to share secrets and chat much with people whose alignment might not be town. too much wifom.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Max posted:

I don’t like this reaction to me mentioning your name all of once.

:agreed:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

lol I guess I'm not allowed to defend myself (which is exactly what I was doing)

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
here is a robot's interpretation of the votecount, let's see if it is accurate!

:c: The Current Day 1 Votecount :c:

SalTheBard (3): Monathin, Max, -Monathin, CCKeane, Monathin
Moatillata (2): IllegallySober, Anomalous Amalgam, -IllegallySober, -Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam, Podima
Podima (2): Moatillata, Max, Atomic Soda, -Max
Atomic Soda (2): Asiina, The Ninth Layer
bowmore (1): Max, -Max, Yami Fenrir
BottleKnight (0): Max, -Max
Asiina (0): Podima, Atomic Soda, Max, -Podima, -Max, -Atomic Soda
The Ninth Layer (0): Podima, -Podima
Anomalous Amalgam (0): Yami Fenrir, The Ninth Layer, -The Ninth Layer, Max, -Yami Fenrir, -Max
Monathin (0): SalTheBard, -SalTheBard
Max (0): Asiina, Podima, -Podima, -Asiina, SalTheBard, -SalTheBard
CCKeane (0): The Ninth Layer, -The Ninth Layer

Not Voting (5): BottleKnight, bowmore, IcePhoenix, IllegallySober, SalTheBard

:h: With 15 players alive, it takes 8 votes to be executed.
:d: The current deadline is May 02nd, 2018 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 4 hours, 10 minutes from this post.

:D

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

SalTheBard posted:

lol I guess I'm not allowed to defend myself (which is exactly what I was doing)

give me the shovel

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

BottleKnight posted:

give me the shovel

I don't care if I get voted out at this point. It's to towns detriment to do it.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

SalTheBard posted:

The great thing about this game is I don't know what your loving alignment is. Let me break my post down word by word by word so maybe you will loving understand:

I PERSONALLY feel like manipulating peoples emotions in Mafia is a lovely loving thing to do. I think that doing it is a scummy thing to do (not that that makes you scum, you could be rear end in a top hat town, who knows)

I am town, you could be town, we could both be scum slap fighting! Thats the great thing! I operate from the assumption that people are town and want to engage in good faith conversations

The heart of the issue and why my hands are shaking in fury right now is when I tried to engage you in good faith you didn't. Had Asiina not put pressure on you I don't think you would've ever engaged back. Leaving a post like yours out there with no ability for me to refute it could lead to a town miskill tonight.

I'm seriously beginning to think you are just loving with me at this point because there is no way that post could be read any other way than the way I intended it.

I will point out this and then stop engaging at all:

-Assuming everybody is town is a poor way to conduct scum hunting.
-I have no obligation to engage with somebody I think I scum. I have no obligation to engage with anybody. If that gets you very upset, that is unfortunate, but your anger about that is anger about something I am entirely entitled to do or not do, both within social standards and within the game of mafia.

Now, I still do think Sal is scum, but I also don't think he's faking being mad about this, so I'm going to let my points rest for now.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Podima posted:

I don't agree with this, AS' tone felt conversational and willing to discuss the vote, not as hardline as you're framing it to be here.

i feel like i need a deeper literary analysis here, like honestly, to know what parts of as's post(s?) you're actually talking about.

like, you're just talking about tone and not content? scum fake tone. but the lack of engagement with you and then basically asserting to asiina that the case was clear of why you were scummy when i disagree, it was never clear why you were scum from her case (which, hey, townies can make bad cases, it's the follow-up that has activated my scumsensor9000)

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

My current feeling on Sal is he had at least distinguished himself from the likes of bowmore. I question his methods and think his technique could use some work, but my feeling for now is that his heart's in the right place and that perhaps others are beginning to take advantage of his poor handling of pressure.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
When I flip town I want you all to remember who started this:

Max and Keane

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Max posted:

Lazy. Plenty has happened and is still happening.

##unvote
##vote bowmore
Leaving that there for now until you post more.
that's a matter of perspective hey

but there has been 100+ posts since this so i'm sure something will turn up

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

##vote uncleftish cola

the sal thing is too much for me

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:siren: Mod Ruling:

I will NOT extend the deadline; y'all are here and posting and can get a hanging in if you put your minds to it. However, by necessity (tonight is a bobnight) the deadline will be floating. As such, try to get in a vote sometime tonight before I return home and check the thread.

https://www.samafia.net/wiki/Floating_deadline

Good luck.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

ecco did you put in the part about it being called a schroedinger's deadline

it's not a thing

it'll never be a thing

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
you're not my supervisor!!!

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
not sure why max is going after me apart from being a ~lurker~

i'm not confident in calling him scum for it though

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

SalTheBard posted:

When I flip town I want you all to remember who started this:

Max and Keane
i hate this types of posts

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Sal's posting is veeerrryyyy similiar to Asiinas when she gets called out as scum (and is scum), it's pretty funny, I think they (Sal) might be scum

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Yami Fenrir posted:

I still don't like AA's posting style, especially compared to Pequod, but Bow's post history is actively frustrating for me to look at after coming from another game that essentially died to lurkers.

As such, I am perfectly fine with lunching an unhelpful person for now, especially considering the deadline situation.

##unvote

##vote bowmore
this is a lazy rear end vote

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
my eyes glaze over as soon as I start reading a The Ninth Layer post, why does this happen

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
##vote Sal

the defensiveness is triggering me

gut call for sure

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I may as well announce ahead of time that I do not see my vote moving from Atomic Soda today.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I'm a Cop

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Sip lynch me our whatever because I probably won't make it through the night!

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
:discourse: :cripes:

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

:cheerdoge:

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Welp.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

##unvote

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
you kind of have no choice but to lynch him now, so stupid, why claim when you have hours to deadline and barely any votes on you

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
You have every choice not to lynch me.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
How excited were you to be the cop Sal?

Is that why you're so mad rn?

I think we should vote pod bc he omgused me and he should know better

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

bowmore posted:

you kind of have no choice but to lynch him now, so stupid, why claim when you have hours to deadline and barely any votes on you

"Do you think he is lying?" I cannot think of any other reason bowmore would advance a position so transparently against the interests of the guild.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Moatillata posted:

How excited were you to be the cop Sal?

Is that why you're so mad rn?

I think we should vote pod bc he omgused me and he should know better

I was pretty loving pumped

• Locked thread