Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
My team is garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Your Taint posted:

My team is garbage.
rofl

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry
Nick Tropeano pitched 6.1 innings of 1 hit ball last night so it makes sense that he just got put on the DL with shoulder soreness and knowing the Angels he'll be done for the year.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Julio Cruz posted:

Cincinnati are going to lose 110 games at least. Also, holy hell is the AL Central bad.

I love that the Tigers are in second place with a .448 win%. They're the only second place team that's under .500. The Tigers are terrible and so is the AL Central.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Jingleheimer posted:

I love that the Tigers are in second place with a .448 win%. They're the only second place team that's under .500. The Tigers are terrible and so is the AL Central.

On pace for 75 wins if I did that math right?

Yeah that seems like a reasonable to good bet to get you second in this year's AL Central.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
Every team in the AL Central is below .500 against teams outside their division.

Cleveland is above .500 only because it's the tallest midget.

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice

New Concept Hole posted:

Mookie Betts is pretty good by not-Mike-Trout standards. Makes you really appreciate what Mike Trout does imo

Mike Trout can't bowl for poo poo tho

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry

NiceGuy posted:

Mike Trout can't bowl for poo poo tho

He isn't a legit PBA player like Betts but I remember an interview he did he said he was a pretty consistent high 200s guy. Don't think hes ever bowled a 300 though.

If Betts has ever said 1 interesting thing in an interview before he's got Trout beat there too.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
It loving sucks that the Mariners are in a distant second place with a better record than the Indians.

Oh wow, the Jays are a half game better than the Indians and are in third?

ego symphonic
Feb 23, 2010

Good Dog posted:

He isn't a legit PBA player like Betts but I remember an interview he did he said he was a pretty consistent high 200s guy. Don't think hes ever bowled a 300 though.

If Betts has ever said 1 interesting thing in an interview before he's got Trout beat there too.

"I ain't gettin' this one boys!"

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011

Good Dog posted:

Nick Tropeano pitched 6.1 innings of 1 hit ball last night so it makes sense that he just got put on the DL with shoulder soreness and knowing the Angels he'll be done for the year.

drat this sucks, I thought him getting pulled last night when he did was incredibly dumb and was hoping it wasn't health related. Barria will probably be the replacement, he's pitched well when he wasn't gassing himself out against Brandon Belt.

Angels starting pitching situation is a mess.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

legit worried about yu

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

So, in a few weeks, i'm going on a little midwest baseball vacation, trying to get to a bunch of cities and stadiums i've still never been to. I'm getting to a game in Cleveland, Chicago, and Minneapolis. I'm sadly going to miss out on the Tigers and Brewers, but it sounds like I don't really want to go to those stadiums anyway.

So, what things should I be doing and what places should I be eating at in and around the Progressive/Wrigley/Target fields.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Apparently deGrom left the game after the 4th inning tonight.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Inspector_666 posted:

Apparently deGrom left the game after the 4th inning tonight.

Yep, no explanation so far

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

R.D. Mangles posted:

legit worried about yu

Yu's broken. The 2nd base banana peel did him in.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

R.D. Mangles posted:

legit worried about yu

Apparently he picked up a little bit too much from Kershaw last year.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Good Dog posted:

obviously Trout is a better player, and I know I'm a ridiculous homer for saying this buuuut

I'd rather have Mookie.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
fire up the tommy john gif

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

ArtVandelay posted:

So, in a few weeks, i'm going on a little midwest baseball vacation, trying to get to a bunch of cities and stadiums i've still never been to. I'm getting to a game in Cleveland, Chicago, and Minneapolis. I'm sadly going to miss out on the Tigers and Brewers, but it sounds like I don't really want to go to those stadiums anyway.

So, what things should I be doing and what places should I be eating at in and around the Progressive/Wrigley/Target fields.

Going to Miller Park owns. Crowds are always good and ready to party/tailgate.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Some Numbers posted:

It loving sucks that the Mariners are in a distant second place with a better record than the Indians.

Oh wow, the Jays are a half game better than the Indians and are in third?

It's a long season, and this will all average out. That being said, we have to play the Astros like 30 more times and Cleveland gets a division with Minnesota, ChiSox, Detroit, and KC, so they may end up with a better record than us anyway.

Thom P. Tiers posted:

The Nelson Cruz contract has been so so sooooooooo good for the Mariners.

Having experienced terrible offense from 2004 through about 2015, I have to say I vastly prefer rooting for a team with bad pitching and good offense instead of the other way around. This is fun, we're gonna lose a lot of games 10-6 but it's going to be a good time anyway.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Hyperextended elbow for deGrom which seems on the milder side of potential outcomes.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

shirts and skins posted:

It's a long season, and this will all average out. That being said, we have to play the Astros like 30 more times and Cleveland gets a division with Minnesota, ChiSox, Detroit, and KC, so they may end up with a better record than us anyway.

And the Angels, don't forget them.

I guess the cold comfort is that we only have to play the Red Sox 6 times, right?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

shirts and skins posted:

That being said, we have to play the Astros like 30 more times

All you have to do is score more than one run and you’ll be fine. We can’t hit anyone who isn’t an A’s or White Sox starter.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

All you have to do is score more than one run and you’ll be fine. We can’t hit anyone who isn’t an A’s or White Sox starter.

Astros fan doin’ a little Cubs postin’

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.

ArtVandelay posted:

What type of food are you wanting? I could probably find you somewhere if you don’t mind being outside of Wrigleyville.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

howe_sam posted:

I'd rather have Mookie.

Show me Mookie pitching in relief with that same delivery and I will personally build his wing at Cooperstown.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Miz Kriss posted:

What type of food are you wanting? I could probably find you somewhere if you don’t mind being outside of Wrigleyville.

We're going to the Sunday night game, so we'll probably have to eat somewhere around or in the stadium. I'd say we're probably going to be looking at either pizza or some kind of meat place (that's the only two types of food Chicago has, right?)

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Big Mean Jerk fucked around with this message at 02:24 on May 3, 2018

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

ArtVandelay posted:

I’m a fan of Pick Me Up cafe on Clark just south of Wrigley. Chicago Diner is a bit east and also has some good vegetarian options. A friend from my climbing gym manages Two-Hearted Queen, if you’re looking for local coffee options.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I mean, that's not what happened when the Astros were in Seattle a few weeks ago, but that would definitely be nice for us.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Your first place Atlanta Braves!

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

I have a job interview in the LA area on the 7th and no one is playing ball on that Monday. Boooo

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Inspector_666 posted:

Hyperextended elbow for deGrom which seems on the milder side of potential outcomes.

lol he did it while batting, good job NL.

EDIT: well that's some good news

https://twitter.com/AbbeyMastracco/status/991855875726954502

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 02:48 on May 3, 2018

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Inspector_666 posted:

lol he did it while batting, good job NL.

No see you don't understand, that's just part of the game and we need to run the risk of pitchers getting hurt while hitting because gently caress the DH.

Or something.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
I was at the game where CMW hurt his foot rounding third in Houston and I can conclusively say DH supremacy.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

#EdgarHOF

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Some Numbers posted:

No see you don't understand, that's just part of the game and we need to run the risk of pitchers getting hurt while hitting because gently caress the DH.

Or something.

Yes exactly. They get played to play not be delicate vases to be admired on a shelf.

NL pitchers are athletes :smug:

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Some Numbers posted:

gently caress the DH.

Agreed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

humpthewind posted:

I was at the game where CMW hurt his foot rounding third in Houston and I can conclusively say DH supremacy.

Did we already talk about the documentary about him that's coming out?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12DdUw91130

Popete posted:

Yes exactly. They get played to play not be delicate vases to be admired on a shelf.

NL pitchers are athletes :smug:

Apparently not.

• Locked thread