Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
Hey 0.379 is out and its got some magic NGU's. enjoy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?

something posted:

Hey 0.379 is out and its got some magic NGU's. enjoy

It also includes butts. heh. butts.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
The mechanic of pooling daily spin time for 12 hours is really nice. I hate when games punish you for not keeping a schedule based around the game.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
That was totally pixaal's idea and it was brilliant. Never would have thought to do that.

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004
NGU story: I just started from the beginning for second because my login cookie got deleted or whatever, and I realized that the intro text says that "something" knocked you out and stole your power etc. Is the dev the final boss?

garfield hentai fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Apr 27, 2018

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
Garfield, did you try manually loading your online save?

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004
I'm all set with the save, all I had to do was just log back into Kong, just took me off guard since I didn't remember deleting browser cookies.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
Ah good, browsers do love to do that.

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004
I notice you're not addressing my other question, which I'll take as confirmation. ;)

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Is the AP yggdrasil fruit supposed to yield seeds when eaten or is it just AP?

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
All fruits yield seeds when eaten. But you can double the output when harvesting.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

something posted:

All fruits yield seeds when eaten. But you can double the output when harvesting.

AP fruit is giving nothing when eaten normally for me.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
I'm fizzling out on Idle Wizard around e87 mysteries. It's sooo sloowwww now. I've been using the Voidmancer/Voidterror combo which seems to be the only thing that advances me at this point. I actually haven't looked into unlocking the next guy so maybe that would help...

I've been using this wiki page as reference http://idle-wizard.wikia.com/wiki/Class_/_Pet_Combos but just haven't found another good build yet. Any suggestions?

edit: I think I need to do more challenges. I'm at paragon 8 and the next 2 increase profits by a lot

Garfu fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Apr 28, 2018

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Garfu posted:

I'm fizzling out on Idle Wizard around e87 mysteries. It's sooo sloowwww now. I've been using the Voidmancer/Voidterror combo which seems to be the only thing that advances me at this point. I actually haven't looked into unlocking the next guy so maybe that would help...

I've been using this wiki page as reference http://idle-wizard.wikia.com/wiki/Class_/_Pet_Combos but just haven't found another good build yet. Any suggestions?

edit: I think I need to do more challenges. I'm at paragon 8 and the next 2 increase profits by a lot

Definitely unlock those paragon levels if you can. For achievements, look up the secret achievement list -- some of them take a few seconds to do. If you haven't maxed out every pet achievement yet, that's usually easy to do with demonologist. I expect it's a bit harder now that demonologist has been redesigned, but still fast.

Voidmancer was best up to Umbramancer (around e90-e100) which will easily take you to the 160s or beyond. Then back to voidmancer when you can unlock the new VM summon, which takes you up to around e190, when you can start doing alchemist.

Don't forget to upgrade gear -- the fiery/frosty rings are used in almost every build to some extent. Stuff that benefits voidmancer will probably be a better long-term bet than umbramancer.

I'm grinding away at alchemist trying to get from e221 to e240 right now.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
@something

If I were to make a purchase on Kreds, the money will go directly to you, right? I don't have to specifically buy from NGU or jump through hoops?

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
I'm not sure what you mean. Buying kreds will just give Kongregate money. Spending the Kreds on AP in NGU is what transfers a 70% cut of their value to me.

i believe most of my AP packs line up pricewise with the kred packs you can get. Or, that was the intent so you didn't get left with 7 kreds and nothing you can use them on.

Also, if you simply toss me your save in a PM sometime I can throw 100K AP on there as a goon present.

something fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Apr 29, 2018

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

garfield hentai posted:

NGU story: I just started from the beginning for second because my login cookie got deleted or whatever, and I realized that the intro text says that "something" knocked you out and stole your power etc. Is the dev the final boss?

duuuuuuuuuuuude :stare:

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Merijn posted:

duuuuuuuuuuuude :stare:

I had a similar theory from the one who controls the universe. But I know 4G is just pulling story out of his butt, so really whatever the fan theory is he's going to either curve ball, or play right into it.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire
This is a move that I have pulled as a DM. My players come up with a way cooler idea than I had so it's a "yes, you guys guessed it. It is the way cool thing you suspected rather than the lame thing I came up with".

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

SynthesisAlpha posted:

This is a move that I have pulled as a DM. My players come up with a way cooler idea than I had so it's a "yes, you guys guessed it. It is the way cool thing you suspected rather than the lame thing I came up with".

Wait there's a different way to do it?

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
Honestly, I'm still sad the Forest Pendant doesn't say "something tells you you should keep combining it"

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I'm sad that there are some enemies that are type "grower" but so far haven't seen any that are type "shower"

The Pell
Feb 6, 2008

something posted:

Also, if you simply toss me your save in a PM sometime I can throw 100K AP on there as a goon present.

Can I take you up on that offer? My save somehow got nuked a couple months ago and I haven't played since (since starting over SUCKS). A couple boosts could hopefully get me back to where I was.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
Sure, hit me up on SA or Kong, whatever is easiest for you. A pastebin link to your save is usually the easiest way to trade the save file back and forth.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Idle Wizard casually dropped a new patch in the update. Requires 1e210 mysteries.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Has anything at or near the enjoyability of RG come out for iOS in the last like six months?

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Idle Wizard casually dropped a new patch in the update. Requires 1e210 mysteries.

Oh, good. Easy unlock, too. Frosty ring + Arcanaworg = fast ritual of power casts, shadowstalker = quick synthetic entity build up, 10 bats is a few minutes of hanging out watching. Just set it up, should be unlocked in the morning minus the 10 bats.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

New Yorp New Yorp posted:

Oh, good. Easy unlock, too. Frosty ring + Arcanaworg = fast ritual of power casts, shadowstalker = quick synthetic entity build up, 10 bats is a few minutes of hanging out watching. Just set it up, should be unlocked in the morning minus the 10 bats.
I swear they nerfed the bat rate slightly. It's still not bad at all, but it took me slightly longer than expected.

also I have no idea how to actually productively use the new class beyond the obvious combo so I just went back to Alchemist :shobon:

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

garfield hentai posted:

It could also be you, after doing a hard reset. Final showdown is you fighting yourself, where your stats are equal to your current stats... bonus points if it hard-resets the game when you win/lose.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
In NGU idle, I got +1 energy bar bar from the daily spin, and I'm not sure whether it registered or not. I usually keep my stats at round numbers when it's convenient, and it's still at 200 base bars.

Does it factor into the calculations in a way I'm not expecting it to?

Edly
Jun 1, 2007

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

In NGU idle, I got +1 energy bar bar from the daily spin, and I'm not sure whether it registered or not. I usually keep my stats at round numbers when it's convenient, and it's still at 200 base bars.

Does it factor into the calculations in a way I'm not expecting it to?

Energy bar bar (note the second "bar") is a consumable in the sellout shop.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Edly posted:

Energy bar bar (note the second "bar") is a consumable in the sellout shop.

Haha, I'm an idiot! :)

Phssthpok
Nov 7, 2004

fingers like strings of walnuts

Samuringa posted:

I'm sad that there are some enemies that are type "grower" but so far haven't seen any that are type "shower"

Whenever I see the 747 enemy "Type: normal", I wish it said "Type: plain"

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Disgruntled (IT) Employee
Type: beige.

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING
I'm going to spoiler some of this because it's about a 'secret item' in NGU that can drop in Adventure Tutorial Zone based on how many bosses you've killed so far[/spoiler during that rebirth (at least according to what I read online, and it seems to hold up in practice): The Triple Flubber has a special bonus of "Respawn", am I correct in assuming that impacts how long it takes for enemies to spawn in Adventure or is there something else going on with it?

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Ignoranus posted:

I'm going to spoiler some of this because it's about a 'secret item' in NGU that can drop in Adventure Tutorial Zone based on how many bosses you've killed so far during that rebirth (at least according to what I read online, and it seems to hold up in practice): The Triple Flubber has a special bonus of "Respawn", am I correct in assuming that impacts how long it takes for enemies to spawn in Adventure or is there something else going on with it?

Yes, that is what that stat does

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Klungar posted:

Yes, that is what that stat does

At least, it does now that somethinggg fixed it so that it doesn't do the opposite instead due to his sloppy innovative coding

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004
NGU: Got my ascended forest pendant and starting my Magitek set. Is there any significance to the blue background on items?

EDIT sorry, MagiTECH, WAY different than Magitek

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire
I think it's just a general indication of overall power. They get a pink background later (not counting the Spooky set because that is a spooky, ghostly white).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frankenbeans
Feb 16, 2003

Good Times

Ignoranus posted:

I'm going to spoiler some of this because it's about a 'secret item' in NGU that can drop in Adventure Tutorial Zone based on how many bosses you've killed so far[/spoiler during that rebirth (at least according to what I read online, and it seems to hold up in practice): The Triple Flubber has a special bonus of "Respawn", am I correct in assuming that impacts how long it takes for enemies to spawn in Adventure or is there something else going on with it?

There is a drop from Jake (stapler) that has the same bonus.