Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

VJeff posted:

X-Men and Spider-Man started the boom, I don't make the rules. :colbert:

Arbitrary limit :colbert::colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

CobiWann posted:

I love Darkest Dungeon. Maybe the best Steam sale purchase I’ve ever made. Perfect way to kill time until Deadfire drops this weekend.

I'm really looking forward to Deadfire despite not finishing PoE 1 and not getting into any of the DLC. This time I'll actually give my main character a build that I don't totally hate! Though since I'm obsessed with being able to talk myself out of anything and see lots of high charisma check options that probably means I'll only have 2 proper class choices at best that would fit that well.

Who knows though, maybe they'll make it similar to divinity 2 where speech check stuff was just based on a skill and a few feats/perks and not a vital stat like charisma.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

drrockso20 posted:

I'm feeling really good today, just got hired* for my first ever paying job^

*well technically there's some paperwork that needs to be processed for it, but whatever

^you would not believe how badly not being able to find work for an entire decade can affect one's self confidence and self esteem

I know as Americans we are taught exactly the opposite of this, but buddy, you have value as far more than just a worker. You are cool and fun and you contribute so much to people's lives by being you, not just by being a cog in the corporate machine.

But also having said that, congratulations. :toot: I hope you are able to parlay your job into buying many cool things.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
My top 5 comic book movies:

1. Captain America: Civil War (since it gave me legitimate chills when I realized Spider-man was coming in and I was so into the movie I'd completely forgotten that, and I can't remember the last movie that did that)
2. Avengers Infinity War (Certainly recency bias here, but I loved the effects and seeing a universe that big come together was amazing and had literally never been done before not just in comic book movies, but any movie to my knowledge).
3. Dark Knight
4. Avengers
5. Deadpool

After 1 and 2 it gets pretty iffy, Blade 2 is probably a close 6 and 3-5 are very nearly a 3-way tie. Logan's another 6-7 spot movie. Deadpool gets the edge over Winter Soldier because of my sentimental reasons of reading the script ahead of time when it got leaked and appreciation for how well it turned out after such a long road to being made.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Civil War doesn't do a whole lot for me for like 80% of its runtime (I think the airport scene is some of the worst indulgences of the MCU stretched out over 15 minutes) but then you get to that climax and Tony's like "Don't bullshit me Rogers, did you know." and everything from there is :ohdear: as gently caress and I love it.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!
Spider-Man 2, Logan, and Man of Steel are my favorites, Thor 3 is probably my favorite Marvel followed by Black Panther and Iron Man 3. Days of Future Past is up there, and if you make the discussion Superhero Movies instead of Comic Book Movies then The Incredibles belongs near the top too.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

VJeff posted:

Okay, what's your top 5 of these infinite goddamn comic book movies. Starting point in 2000 with X-Men.

1. Logan
2. Man of Steel
3. Batman Begins
4. The Dark Knight
5. Black Panther

The only comic movie I like is The Crow.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I also like Sin City a lot but I don’t know if I like that I like it

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
the best comic book movie is Batman Returns

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

X-Men 2 and Spider Man 2 easily make the list for me. James Gunn's real achievement, Super, is right up there too.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i didnt like pillars of eternity, it felt outdated and i didnt care about the story? i guess im more a witcher 3 guy and i hope cyberpunk 2077 releases this year

that rdr2 trailer loving sucked

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Baron Corbin posted:

i watched the original Mad Max last night because i've never seen any of the movies and it wasn't what i thought it would be like but it was still a good movie

The Mad Max everybody usually thinks of is the second one but I do enjoy the first movie

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Accident Underwater posted:

Same, what did you marinade or season yours with?

Marinated in Italian dressing. Had with some edamame and brown rice. :discourse:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

drrockso20 posted:

I'm feeling really good today, just got hired* for my first ever paying job^

*well technically there's some paperwork that needs to be processed for it, but whatever

^you would not believe how badly not being able to find work for an entire decade can affect one's self confidence and self esteem

Well done! :)

:hfive:

I loving love that movie.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

It’s amazing how good Spider-Man 2 is considering how much Tobey Maguire stinks

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Baron Corbin posted:

the best comic book movie is Batman Returns

The other day I found out the guy who plays Christopher Walken's son in that movie is the same guy who was Zangief in the Street Fighter movie. Crazy.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Tomorrow I finally get to see the big super hero movie and I've managed to avoid spoilers up to this point. I can't wait for somebody to ruin something right before I walk into the theater

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

also infinity war was better than it had any right to be and I'm sorry about my flippant joke last week
I'm wondering why some people think its bad because its introducing elements (Big Event) that has crippled the comics industry since the late 90s, I feel that is kind of comparing apples and oranges.

I still can't believe someone who writes for the New Yorker also doesn't understand the concept of sequels

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Gonna make some hot dogs tonight, what's everybody's favorite Dog Toppings?

Related, the funniest thing I've ever seen on PSP was a few years ago when Hulkamatt probated like 10 people for getting into a long hot dog derail.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Dredd is by far the best one and I liked Constantine at the time but wasn't hung up on it being a comic book movie and haven't seen it in 10 years. thank you

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

NienNunb posted:

Gonna make some hot dogs tonight, what's everybody's favorite Dog Toppings?

Related, the funniest thing I've ever seen on PSP was a few years ago when Hulkamatt probated like 10 people for getting into a long hot dog derail.
Ketchup and nothing else

E: Wait I should specify since this is important, Heinz Ketchup, not that godawful Hunts poo poo

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Thor Ragnarok is objectively the best super hero movie because it's the only one directed by Taika Waititi

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Top 5 Superhero Comic Movies

1. Blade
2. Ang Lee Hulk
3. Man of Steel
4. The Dark Knight
5. Logan
6. Hellboy
7. Dredd
8. Deadpool
9. Avengers: Infinity War

poo poo, my hand slipped and I ended up with 9.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This scene is better than every super heroe movie ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnYE2uFZEWk

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Gatts posted:

Top 5 Superhero Comic Movies

1. Blade
2. Ang Lee Hulk
3. Man of Steel
4. The Dark Knight
5. Logan
6. Hellboy
7. Dredd
8. Deadpool
9. Avengers: Infinity War

poo poo, my hand slipped and I ended up with 9.
Ah yes Ang Lee's Hulk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSZi8oPRUkE

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Hey guys I got depression and junk

Here are my pets

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

I was busy here's an old picture

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Also regarding superhero movie chat, the two Guardians movies are my favs but big ups to the first two toby mcguire spider mans, all the captain americas, and black panther

dredd is amazing but despite being the only comics i've ever collected its hard for me to think of him as a superhero but i guess he does count

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

Hey guys I got depression and junk

noooo

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

Here are my pets

yessss

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

I was busy here's an old picture

BRB, canceling perma-ban from the the modqueue.

NienNunb posted:

Thor Ragnarok is objectively the best super hero movie because it's the only one directed by Taika Waititi

Oh hey look, it's that any nebulous excuse I need to actively encourage everybody to see What We Do In The Shadows!

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

NowonSA posted:

I'm really looking forward to Deadfire despite not finishing PoE 1 and not getting into any of the DLC. This time I'll actually give my main character a build that I don't totally hate! Though since I'm obsessed with being able to talk myself out of anything and see lots of high charisma check options that probably means I'll only have 2 proper class choices at best that would fit that well.

Who knows though, maybe they'll make it similar to divinity 2 where speech check stuff was just based on a skill and a few feats/perks and not a vital stat like charisma.

I started a playthrough in February. I haven't finished it yet. I'm close but I burned out.
Need to get back to that in the next week then have a serious discussion with myself if I want to play Deadfire right after.

Also, I finished Ni No Kuni 2 and I'm wondering how much effort I want to put into getting all the townsfolk/trophy hunting etc.

I thought this was going to be the scene when Hulk fought the Hulk Dogs but the screen was almost pitch black so you mostly had to take their word for it.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'm here to declare Foochs is allowed to root for the warriors in order to feel good this year and no one may bully him of it.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Cavauro posted:

i'm here to declare Foochs is allowed to root for the warriors in order to feel good this year and no one may bully him of it.

Who does he usually root for?
Because if you root for the Browns you are allowed to bandwagon on whatever franchise you want in any sport you want because holy poo poo that franchise should just be deactivated.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

ChrisBTY posted:

Who does he usually root for?
Because if you root for the Browns you are allowed to bandwagon on whatever franchise you want in any sport you want because holy poo poo that franchise should just be deactivated.

what if you watch the browns out of a desire for the purest schadenfreude

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

There's a difference between 'watching' and 'rooting for'

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Cavauro posted:

the warrriors are the poo poo, bay area pride!

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I tried to share an adorable photo of my sleepy dog and imgur is being weird.

Also gently caress the Warriors IMO.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Ah Foochs, love ya but that is the one thing we'll never reconcile on

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Also I root for Wake Forest Athletics at the college level which while far from the Browns have been at least half abject suffering for like a decade.

Then I root for Chris Paul at the NBA level for obvious reasons and he is hated and despite being great routinely chokes in the playoffs and thus becomes the butt of many jokes and it is tiresome.

While I cannot get it to embed in the post properly here is an imgur link to aforementioned sleepy dog.

https://imgur.com/a/83h11ka

SamuraiFoochs fucked around with this message at 06:03 on May 3, 2018

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

ChrisBTY posted:

There's a difference between 'watching' and 'rooting for'

I root for them to fail in new and hilarious ways

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Haha, big sleepy blep. This is a good thread.

What the gently caress did Giuliani just do.