Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I think I like Supergirl's take on a dementia storyline more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Cisco should've taken the breacher job so he can be free of this terrible show.

Caitlyn Frost: So lonely that she wants to bring back her murderous alter ego so she can get post it notes.

DeVoe's master plan is stupid. Even dumb humans will still kill each other, we will just use rocks instead of bombs.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS
DeVoe’s big plan is to become Luke Wilson from Idiocracy.

Dracorion
Jul 23, 2013

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Caitlyn Frost: So lonely that she wants to bring back her murderous alter ego so she can get post it notes.

Well Killer Frost is literally the one love interest who can't die before her. Except she did.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Why can't they just live in an apartment in one universe or the other and then just vibe themselves to work every day? Cisco and Gypsy are the one couple to whom living in two different universes should mean literally nothing.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Stunt Rock posted:

Speedforce got what plants crave. It's got electrolytes.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
"You'll be the same man you've always been."
"Yeah, except duuuumb."

possible new thread title imo

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I could barely even focus on this episode.

Atarask
Mar 8, 2008

Lord of Rigel Developer

Stunt Rock posted:

But considering how dumb Arrowverse characters are... this would be an improvement? Maybe DeVoe is going to make people smrt and git gud by doubling the stupid? Like a negative times and negative?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Atarask posted:

But considering how dumb Arrowverse characters are... this would be an improvement? Maybe DeVoe is going to make people smrt and git gud by doubling the stupid? Like a negative times and negative?

Thinker's plan will backfire when the stupid rays hit Barry and the MININT rollover makes him smart enough he turns into a male Kismet.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So, like, we're supposed to feel sorry for DeVoe and his wife based on those flashbacks? Seriously, its pretty obvious he thinks of her as a possession not as a partner.

And DeVoe is just "Darn kids and their internets and cellphones! Lets return humanity to living in mud and poo poo!"

Best thing about this episode is Wally sending them a gift via Legends.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 06:03 on May 2, 2018

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Stunt Rock posted:

Just this scene only with President Oliver Queen shooting explosive arrows into the ceiling

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

twistedmentat posted:

Best thing about this episode is Wally sending them a gift via Legends.

Wally in so much better utilized on Legends and I'm really happy for it :3:

Also I'd be excited about Dawn Allen (I'm guessing) but after how they used Wally I'm not very optimistic.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Oh so his plan is basically the plot of Serenity only stupider, convoluted, and horribly paced.

Yeah, let's just wipe out all intelligence at once. Anyone flying a plane, driving a vehicle, operating on someone, using a forklift, etc. at the time will suddenly forget and kill a bunch of people. Which is exactly what they were setting out to prevent before they even got this far. And cavemen were definitely peaceful all the way back then.

poo poo, his plan would make more sense if he WAS a mustache-twirling bad guy. Because his reasoning takes a massive dive at any thought towards the events that may follow, but I guess deep-thinking is a trait someone named "The Thinker" would never have.

Someone wake me up when/if they get to the "this house is bitchin'" payoff.

TOMMY PROVOLONE
Jul 30, 2014

I am the sun. The moon.

It was shocking to find out that "The Thinker", the villain who has spent most of the season using techonology to achieve his victories, wants to get rid of... technology.

Who knew?

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Season 2 was bad. Season three was dumb. This season is just so loving tedious. If this is the poo poo we have to put up with for non-speedster villains I hope season 5 the return of Thrawn.
Like, have a dozen Thrawns from multiple Earths all show up just to dunk on Barry all the time.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

8one6 posted:

Season 2 was bad. Season three was dumb. This season is just so loving tedious. If this is the poo poo we have to put up with for non-speedster villains I hope season 5 the return of Thrawn.
Like, have a dozen Thrawns from multiple Earths all show up just to dunk on Barry all the time.

Came in to ask if the poo poo had boiled off, or still simmering away.

I'll continue my exile.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Why did DeVoe and his wife appear to have a date in 1950s America?

Bakeneko
Jan 9, 2007

ApeHawk posted:

Yeah, let's just wipe out all intelligence at once. Anyone flying a plane, driving a vehicle, operating on someone, using a forklift, etc. at the time will suddenly forget and kill a bunch of people. Which is exactly what they were setting out to prevent before they even got this far. And cavemen were definitely peaceful all the way back then.

Not to mention how much technology is involved in the production and distribution of food. The current population of Earth couldn't sustain itself using pre-industrial farming techniques. This "enlightened" world is going to look a whole lot like the setting of Mad Max as everyone fights to the death over the remaining resources.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Cretler posted:

It was shocking to find out that "The Thinker", the villain who has spent most of the season using techonology to achieve his victories, wants to get rid of... technology.

Who knew?

Well he wisely used technology to give himself a bunch of superpowers so that he doesn't need technology anymore! :science:

And the rest of the earth can get hosed...

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
Truly DeVoe is the Randian Superman.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Maybe step 2 is The Rebraining? Only with better brains that don't cause wars over religion and resources and whatever.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

8one6 posted:

The overarching plot has been dumb but the season's definitely had more fun one-offs than the last ones, getting more of a season 1 feel. I'll gladly suffer another Devoe villain if it means we can get another bachelor party episode. HE'S DA FLAAASH.

And hey, maybe since Kreisberg's no longer around to can all the writers at the end of the season, they can get a chance to improve!

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I thought the pocket dimension required everyone to have Pat Riley hair and stupid futuristic clothing but the episode two weeks ago showed that's just how they want to appear so now I hate it even more

Bakeneko
Jan 9, 2007

It would be better if they stopped having just one main villain per season. Instead, each season could be split into a number of smaller arcs that could be more complex than a standalone episode, while still being resolved quickly enough that the villain doesn’t start to seem overpowered. Devoe would have been a lot less annoying if his I-can-predict-everything-you-do gimmick had lasted only five episodes instead of twenty.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Agents Of Shield did half season arcs and it was a lot better for it.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I guessing next season's gonna deal with weird future stuff and Dawn and the villain is gonna be some Legion villain (or Thawne again)

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I really don't know why they're dragging all this stuff out with Jessica Parker Kennedy.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Gotta hook us for next year I guess. Internet thinks she's XS because of her hairstyle. That would probably annoy the poo poo out of me.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Would be kind of funny if they did a swerve and she's Joe and Cecile's kid.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I bet her mission is to make certain Iris and Barry bang soon enough so she's born.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

I bet her mission is to make certain Iris and Barry bang soon enough so she's born.

Barry and Iris are dancing after Devoe is defeated and she shows up to play Earth Angel on guitar.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

TwoPair posted:

Barry and Iris are dancing after Devoe is defeated and she shows up to play Earth Angel on guitar.

Johnny B Goode

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I knew Devoe's plan would turn out to be stupid but I didn't think it would turn out to literally be stupid. I guess he outthank me again!

TwoPair posted:

I hope her story never gets explained onscreen and she just keeps doing small things that imply she's trying to Marty McFly Barry and Iris with stuff like that happening entirely in the background.

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017
Look, guys. Ralph? Caitlyn's powers? now this? DeVoe knew how to break us apart, but I mean, we're all still here. We're a family. That's how we are going to beat DeVoe. Isn't that right Ralph?.......Ralph?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

muscles like this! posted:

Would be kind of funny if they did a swerve and she's Joe and Cecile's kid.

I briefly thought that when she had that encounter with Cecile but I think the way she completely froze up when she saw Iris kind of confirmed she's her daughter/granddaughter.

Rhyno posted:

Gotta hook us for next year I guess. Internet thinks she's XS because of her hairstyle. That would probably annoy the poo poo out of me.

She's a Legionaire, right? Would be interesting if they connected it to the Supergirl season. She could be from the same universe as Supergirl/Mon El. Maybe she was on the ship and just hosed off and opened a breach. Although I guess she'd have to be from Earth 1 or another Earth unless there's a Barry and Iris on Supergirl's Earth they just didn't find? Or maybe the Legion are from another universe and Mon El's been breaching without realizing it? Ok, now i've confused myself.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It's just easier and makes more sense if she's Dawn.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I guess I shouldn't be surprised that DeVoe's plan turned out to be so loving dumb. It can only ever be as intelligent as the people writing it, after all.

They really should just stick to affably idiotic like in Legends of Tomorrow.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

That episode actually made me like Devoe's wife a bit more right up until the point where's like "the bad guys I was trying to help refuges of did a monstrous thing so now I totally want to lobotomize the world." That seemed like a stark turn from the person in the rest of the episodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017
Maybe his journal explains a way that his plan wouldn't result in billions of deaths and provide about five actual minutes of a non violent utopia while people were still shocked and confused by their surroundings.

Also wouldn't shrinking and manhandling that satellite gently caress it up? He holds it up to taunt Team Flash and then slips it in his loving pocket. It's total comic book villainy but those things are delicate.

VictorianQueerLit fucked around with this message at 06:31 on May 3, 2018