Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

Podcast games are good

The Trackmania they put on PS+ a while back is mine right now but I almost have all the golds so I'll have to find something else soon
play multiplayer, now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Play an RP track. Because for some reason trackmania RP tracks are a thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQrEW3YXts4

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

turbo doesn't have RP tracks unfortunately, does have hella push forward and fullspeeds though

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

corn in the bible posted:

I don't get this kind of thing. If a game is so unengaging that you need another thing going on for it to be ok, maybe just play or do something else? I mean it's your free time but I dunno...

Wanting to concentrate one good thing instead of multiple mediocre things is for old people nowadays

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

It's more that I have podcasts to listen to and my hands are free

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I play games specifically to tune out my spouse + all worldly distractions so the podcast thing never made sense to me.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Trackmania is good.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I've not been able to play video games since Sunday :(

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Rarity posted:

I've not been able to play video games since Sunday :(

Try tabletop games

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

Raxivace posted:

Isn't his foot supposed to be broken?

It's been over a decade since I last played the first Dead Rising but I think he gets injured when he jumps off the helicopter during the intro despite the game never (?) making a big deal about it.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I grew up with a stereo cranked nearby while playing Pool of Radiance or Sonic the Hedgehog so playing (some) games now with podcasts going is just a continuation of that.

It's almost a shame so many games have great soundtracks and voice acting now, though. What's weird is that I can remember all the tunes from both Sonic and early 90's rock stations despite only listening to one or another at the time.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I was also taping songs off the radio at the time, I think I got up to <MMG>'s Hot Hits vol 40 at least

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Podcasts are basically audiologs. If you can listen to audiologs you can listen to podcasts

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

FirstAidKite posted:

Try tabletop games

Heck, you can even get tabletop versions of some video games!

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy

Expect My Mom posted:

I beat Yakuza Kiwami and it was good if you like Yakuza games which I do and the ending song was Amazing Grace and I lost my mind

I somehow completely forgot about this until this post. god I love this series

al-azad
May 28, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

Hard to tell because she's a cat person but I think Mae Borowski is supposed to be kinda chunky.

“Sturdy” I believe her grandfather calls her.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
looking for a new action game to play to balance the three RPGs im playing right now, debating between new God of War or finally checking out Bayonetta on Switch atm

psychoJ posted:

I somehow completely forgot about this until this post. god I love this series
the post credits stinger is Haruka getting Kiryu to admit he believed in Santa and Kiryu saying that there's nothing wrong at all with kids believing in Santa

it's a very good series

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bayonetta

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Bayonetta you mystery

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

metal gear rising and then the Jetstream Sam dlc

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
GOD HAND on a PS2 Emulator cause that's about your only choice.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Mothers Day is coming up so Bayo would be more thematically appropriate as #1 Gaming Mom.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
GoW has too many rpg elements to play alongside 3 others, choose bayonetta

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Bayo has a kid?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

Bayo has a kid?

:palmon:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i watched the speed racer movie for the first time and it's insanely good. i can't believe how much it whips

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
looks like Bayonetta Wins

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

recently had to stop playing Bayonetta because it's kind of rough after playing Bayo2 4 years ago. These platformer/QTE elements guarantee my rank takes a nosedive whenever they crop up and the combat just doesn't feel as smooth. Somebody mentioned the first game is also smothered in a piss filter compared to the bright color variance in Bayo2 and I have to agree. I figured I'd try Bayo1 for the first time since I had just bought the Switch 2-in-1 but man I'd rather just skip to the 2nd one now, it improves basically everything.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I think i'll be able to finish Ki No Kuni II this week but I can't decide how much I want to bother with the kingdom building part in post game.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I said come in! posted:

I think i'll be able to finish Ki No Kuni II this week but I can't decide how much I want to bother with the kingdom building part in post game.

You have to level it up pretty far to unlock the final mission so i just deleted the game after it was over

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Saint Freak posted:

GOD HAND on a PS2 Emulator cause that's about your only choice.

It's also on the PSN so you can play it on your PS3. It's $4 now so you have no excuse not to play one of the best beat 'em ups.
https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP9000-NPUD21503_00-0000000000000000

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

My excuse is I tried playing it and couldn't beat the first stage :(

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Skypie posted:

Heck, you can even get tabletop versions of some video games!

Even better, forget the tabletop games, you can play Elevator Action with real life elevators!

Wow!

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

The Colonel posted:

there's a granblue action rpg coming out at some point that looks decent

Is that the Platinum game, or is that a different Granblue console game.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

FanaticalMilk posted:

Is that the Platinum game, or is that a different Granblue console game.

the platinum one

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
OK so I am replaying golden sun dark dawn from where I last left off which is apparently after the sixth party member joins you temporarily then leaves and so far it's not bad
I mean I have to play with a guide open because in the hour I played I found seven completely missable djinns and a summon but still, so far so good

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

My excuse is I tried playing it and couldn't beat the first stage :(

Learn to use the right stick to dodge around. You're completely invincible when you do the 'evade' move (pull down on right stick) but you have to get the timing right.

Also running (quickly double press left stick up) then doing a move is really powerful - do it with low kick and you'll knock most goons over, then you can do the stomp move which usually finishes them off.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
They keep hyping up the cool dead mom in GoW and it just makes me upset she's unseen

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

When you think about it, the arctic is really just a big fridge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I haven't gotten around to God of War yet but am enjoying seeing how frequently its thread title changes

• Locked thread