Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
LeBron signing with Charlotte because he's a big fan of Scorsese's remake of Cape Fear

https://twitter.com/KCJHoop/status/992039958574747648

The dudes the Hornets are interviewing are getting less and less interesting as time passes, which can't be a great sign

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

scuz posted:

ITT we post the dumbest takes, cockamamiest stories, and most ludicrous yarns on where LeBron winds up next year:

I've been jokingly saying we should send them Wiggins and like Gorgui in a sign and trade since he signed the extension so MAKE IT HAPPEN THIBS

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

LeBron ends up in a retirement home. You heard it here first.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I'm told he loves skiing, sound fundamental defense, and, uh, tall French people.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MourningView posted:

I'm told he loves skiing, sound fundamental defense, and, uh, tall French people.

Seems more like Vince Carter's thing.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
LeBron will move here and buy Paisley Park.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

Salvor_Hardin posted:

LeBron will move here and buy Paisley Park.
LeBron will move here and reveal that his last name is really Nelson and have irrevocable proof of his relation to Prince along with a notarized will naming him the sole inheritor of Paisley Park and all of Prince's IP.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

scuz posted:

I know I'm going to get downvoted for this, but I have a good friend who works at Benilde-St. Margaret's [ed. an affluent private high school in the Minneapolis metro area]. He told me today that representatives from King James's camp have contacted the school about LeBron Jr. enrolling there next year. Apparently LeBron and Thibs are still on great terms from Team USA, and he's infatuated about the prospect of playing with and mentoring KAT whom he views as a generational talent. He also apparently loves the Mary Tyler Moore show and wants to move to Minneapolis because of it (I couldn't make this poo poo up).

You heard it here first.

The Mary Tyler Moore thing gives this a ring of truth, tbh.

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

LeBron will sign with the Grizzlies and move them back to Vancouver.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Lebron will sign with Real Madrid to help them adjust to losing Luka Doncic

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

scuz posted:

ITT we post the dumbest takes, cockamamiest stories, and most ludicrous yarns on where LeBron winds up next year:

This is pretty funny because either the Woj hit pieces were false and Lebron got along great with Team USA or the rumor is claiming a connection with a coach that already hates Lebron.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Rick posted:

This is pretty funny because either the Woj hit pieces were false

:monocle:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

jim boylen is a great coach who took over from a sick hoiberg and wrecked the tank by winning a dumb meaningless game way to go rear end in a top hat

R.D. Mangles fucked around with this message at 02:37 on May 4, 2018

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

have we talked about how NateRob and Boozer are on a Big Three team and are going to play in Chicago this summer? I'm thinking about going to this if the Big Three manages to continue to exist.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
A most important thread. Please read to the end:

https://twitter.com/IanKarmel/status/992179553945702400

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
This is sinister, it's fooling children into thinking a cat.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Wtf it looks like one of those old timey racist cartoons

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Kibner posted:

A most important thread. Please read to the end:

https://twitter.com/IanKarmel/status/992179553945702400

You are the last goddamn person who gets to call out hosed up mascots

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

MourningView posted:

You are the last goddamn person who gets to call out hosed up mascots

Please read the last tweet in the linked thread.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Kibner posted:

Please read the last tweet in the linked thread.

What a twist ending!

Someone in the replies was confused as to what Burnie is. Burnie is the fire behind a burning basketball.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Strawberry Panda posted:

What a twist ending!

Someone in the replies was confused as to what Burnie is. Burnie is the fire behind a burning basketball.

Burnie is a big phallus

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Are the celtics the only team who's mascot is a literal human being? Like it's a 5'10" white dude in a vest and silly hat.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Are the celtics the only team who's mascot is a literal human being? Like it's a 5'10" white dude in a vest and silly hat.

His costume is camouflage

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Salvor_Hardin posted:

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

I dunno what that thing is but it definitely ain't human

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I need an adult.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Bring back the Brooklyn Knight

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Drew Gooden transformed into a demon puppet, sentenced to serve the Mavericks for eternity.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Rick posted:

Drew Gooden transformed into a demon puppet, sentenced to serve the Mavericks for eternity.

This has nothing to do with anything but y'all remember when Drew Gooden decided to grow a goatee on the back of his head?

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

MourningView posted:

This has nothing to do with anything but y'all remember when Drew Gooden decided to grow a goatee on the back of his head?

Thinking about weird mid 2000s NBA hair made me remember the time Scot Pollard was on Survivor

Some real characters from that era

Jahlil Okafor should cosplay as Drew Gooden and see if he can get more playing time

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

https://twitter.com/rick_bonnell/status/992436838941036545

I'd probably take this dude over Messina unless he secretly sucks for some reason I'm unaware of

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

morestuff posted:

https://twitter.com/rick_bonnell/status/992436838941036545

I'd probably take this dude over Messina unless he secretly sucks for some reason I'm unaware of

He cannot stop the Rators from being Chronically Shook but he did a lot to modernize their offense, has worked for a lot of smart organizations, and won d-league titles with multiple teams. I am a fan

MourningView fucked around with this message at 17:34 on May 4, 2018

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

MourningView posted:

He cannot stop the Rators from being Chronically Shook but he did to modernize their offense, has worked for a lot of smart organizations, and won d-league titles with multiple teams. I am a fan

Yeah, it kind of depends on whether you see the Raptors as a team that constantly disappoints or as an overachiever that rockets full-speed into their ceiling

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

I've been at a game and seen Mavsman make children cry, just by approaching them.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Cool Buff Man posted:

Thinking about weird mid 2000s NBA hair made me remember the time Scot Pollard was on Survivor

Some real characters from that era

Jahlil Okafor should cosplay as Drew Gooden and see if he can get more playing time

“Jahlil Okafor”

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

J*hill O*afor

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

MourningView posted:

I could never tell if that was on purpose or if he just lost the entirety of the rest of his hair and was holding on to that last bit.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Ah yes the legendary depiction of a “Maverick”

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I'm happy to see Ingram as the new "hmmm their front office of this team says they're keeping this guy but . . . ~MAYBE THINGS CHANGE AND THEY'LL TAKE OUR GARBAGE FOR HIM~" articles. It's nice to be on this side for once.

Although on the otherhand, Lakers fans have somehow convinced themselves they'll be able to trade Deng for Melo and that this is a good idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Salvor_Hardin posted:

The Suns mascot is about 15% human.

• Locked thread