Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Podima posted:

I'd rather not. I've made my points, if they aren't good enough for you then OK.

##vote bowmore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Are enough people around to reach eight votes on anybody right now?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

I'm here but that makes one.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
##vote bowmore

bk is on discord so might check in but isn't chatting in miller chat.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Hmm,

Have enough people actually engaged with Bow?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

The Ninth Layer posted:

Are enough people around to reach eight votes on anybody right now?
on me or moat, yeah

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Ugh come on.

Bowmore, are you here?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i'm fine with my lynch, sorry if my argument with sal muddied the waters

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
##unvote

##vote bowmore

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I thought he was softclaiming cop with his terrible push on Sal, to be clear.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I won't self vote to hammer, someone else gotta do it

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
That's -1 btw.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Okay, sure.

##unvote

##vote Bowmore

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

##unvote
##vote bowmore

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

That should be :redhammer: and well in time for deadline.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I leave you with this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-oxSercnbQ

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
wait no, this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QcyoYnoVqE

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c: FINAL Day 1 Votecount :c:

bowmore (9): Max, -Max, Yami Fenrir, Asiina, SalTheBard, Anomalous Amalgam, -Anomalous Amalgam, Max, The Ninth Layer, Atomic Soda, Podima, IllegallySober, CCKeane
Moatillata (2): IllegallySober, Anomalous Amalgam, -IllegallySober, -Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam, Podima, -Anomalous Amalgam, CCKeane, Anomalous Amalgam, Monathin, -Podima, -CCKeane
Podima (1): Moatillata, Max, Atomic Soda, -Max, -Atomic Soda
SalTheBard (1): Monathin, Max, -Monathin, CCKeane, Monathin, bowmore, -Monathin, Atomic Soda, -CCKeane, -Max, -Atomic Soda
Atomic Soda (1): Asiina, The Ninth Layer, BottleKnight, -Asiina, IllegallySober, -The Ninth Layer, -IllegallySober
BottleKnight (0): Max, -Max
Asiina (0): Podima, Atomic Soda, Max, -Podima, -Max, -Atomic Soda
The Ninth Layer (0): Podima, -Podima
Anomalous Amalgam (0): Yami Fenrir, The Ninth Layer, -The Ninth Layer, Max, -Yami Fenrir, -Max
Monathin (0): SalTheBard, -SalTheBard
Max (0): Asiina, Podima, -Podima, -Asiina, SalTheBard, -SalTheBard
CCKeane (0): The Ninth Layer, -The Ninth Layer

Not Voting (1): IcePhoenix

:h: With 15 players alive, it took 8 votes to be executed.

=============

First up was bowmore. The day felt so much shorter than they had expected, and they made their decision hastily. Unsurprisingly, it was a poor one.

:s: bowmore, Urah, Student (town-aligned vanilla), was executed day 1. :s:

Night actions! Send them in ASAP SVP.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Come morning, as they gathered in the common area at the base of the tower (near the Altar of the Gate of the Cult of the Temple Viper), the students were perhaps unsurprised to find someone missing.

A headcount confirmed that The Ninth Layer was nowhere to be found. Checking his room revealed... something. There was a figure in Ninth's bed, but, it wasn't him, but rather, the corpse of a truly ancient man. His skin was leathery and wrinkled, his hair was as white as one of the full moons, liver spots covered his body, his cheeks sagged from the weight of time. He must have died in his sleep. But, who was he? How did he get in here? And what is he doing in Ninth's bed? And where is Ninth?

The students eventually put two and two together. What dark, terrible magicks could have done this?

:s: The Ninth Layer, Alkham, Scoundrel (town-aligned vigilante), died of sudden old age night 1. :s:

It is now Day 2.

:h: With 13 alive it takes 7 to execute.
:d: Day 2 deadline: Friday, May 4th, ~11PM EDT / 8PM PDT / (Saturday) 1PM AEST / 5AM CEDT.

This is ANOTHER fast deadline. I apologize for this one. Unfortunately, the nature of my weekend schedule is such that I need to have the thread closed on Saturday, and so, Saturday is nighttime.

It will be very, very floating, so don't feel too pressured. I promise next week will be sensible.

Good luck.

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 15:21 on May 3, 2018

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Podima posted:

Just gonna point out here that moat has not actually addressed my concerns at all and continues to make snipey comments.

What are your concerns again?

Podima posted:

Ok look real fast:
- Sal has cop claimed (eccogame) and bowmore is pushing him really hard for it. I want to let this resolve.
- ASoda has pressure that I don't fully agree with.
- Moat has aggressively avoided engaging with the game and stuck to snipey comments and a single jokevote that somehow became a serious vote, and shades of Shine V are beckoning me.

This is horseshit and you know it pod I have aggressively avoided nothing and given my opinions freely

Pod you are doing the town a disservice

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I don't think so moat. After avoiding a last minute lynch you're here after a mostly empty day 1.

##unvote ##vote Moat

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'd rather not vote moat at this time.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Max posted:

I suppose it's a good thing I'm not you then

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

I'm going to apologize in advance as I do not expect to be able to post much until late this game day (Friday afternoon/evening).

For now, I remain suspicious of Atomic Soda and want to go back and look at how the push for bowmore towards the end of yesterday went. I'd also obviously like to hear more from some of the people who haven't been around a ton and/or committed to reads (Moat, IP, Asiina, BK jump to mind although I can't verify all of those at the moment).

Will check in as soon as I can. I know it sucks in a smaller game to have someone knowingly away for a while but unfortunately I can't avoid it today.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Shame upon the scoundrel who would respond with the amount of effort Alkham put in by bringing about his demise so early.

Max posted:

I would like to hear your reasoning why.

Also, congratulations on our brother Sal for surviving the evening.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
So, what are your results of the day, Mr. Cop? I am curious.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Monathin posted:

Shame upon the scoundrel who would respond with the amount of effort Alkham put in by bringing about his demise so early.

I would like to hear your reasoning why.

Also, congratulations on our brother Sal for surviving the evening.

Same reasons as last night. Didn’t like AA’s case or vote last night, still don’t like it now.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##unvote

Reasons.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I know I came out the gate voting Moat, and I neither have the interest or the time to explain this flip-flop.

I'll be around later this IRL day to address anything that needs addressing.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Huh.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Yami Fenrir posted:

So, what are your results of the day, Mr. Cop? I am curious.

Role blocked

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Interesting. Very interesting, actually, considering it's a 16 man game and we only had one night kill last night. I wonder what happened there.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Yami Fenrir posted:

Interesting. Very interesting, actually, considering it's a 16 man game and we only had one night kill last night. I wonder what happened there.

Why would we have multiple night kills?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Because a game with 16 players and only one night kill would be extremely hard for evils to win. Probably even more so in a game with actual roles, unlike Pequod.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Yami Fenrir posted:

Because a game with 16 players and only one night kill would be extremely hard for evils to win. Probably even more so in a game with actual roles, unlike Pequod.

Why would it be hard?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

SalTheBard posted:

Role blocked

Not really surprising.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

As for actual content, I don't know what to think about the bowmore lynch. I honestly would have voted for him anyway had I been awake. His posting looks so incredibly scummy to me I that I would vote him again if he acted the same way in the next game. His defense amounting to "This is a lazy vote" didn't help either.

AA's apparent mood swap feels bizarre to me and is kind of throwing off my read on him

Max posted:

Why would it be hard?

Too much time for investigative roles to go to work. But then again, maybe my expectations from a videogame version of mafia are throwing me off. Either way, I believe Sal's claim to have been roadblocked, however I don't quite buy him being a cop at the moment.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Atomic Soda posted:

##vote bowmore

bk is on discord so might check in but isn't chatting in miller chat.

BottleKnight posted:

hello friends this is also true for me as i am in the same group:

Asiina posted:

I won't be around for deadline, it's D&D night starting about 3 hours before.

but i am here to gently caress poo poo up

i play in an online roleplaying group via discord

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Moatillata posted:

This is horseshit and you know it pod I have aggressively avoided nothing and given my opinions freely

moat you know i love you but i think pod is right and also just sharing this gif makes angery with blindign rageg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Moatillata posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3855060&userid=107055

Like I said, the only opinions I see from you are:

Moatillata posted:

I think dear soda is town and this gives me hope

Moatillata posted:

Im ambivalent on AA

But would consider as an option for today if we want to try to make deadline

Moatillata posted:

Finally, to conclude i am p good with my pod vote atm it has transitioned from joke to real

Like a butterfly emerging from a chrysallis

You never actually explained why your jokevote on me evolved into a real vote and that continues to bother me. Can you please, in simple words, explain that now?

(You also never explained your town read on ASoda and "ambivalent" read on AA.)

• Locked thread