Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Bum the Sad posted:

They’re pretty much there for customer service. So people have a place to take their hosed it products or for old people to get their questions answered.

Also, it’s good to try sizes of stuff out before you buy. (Discovering the new keyboards suck on their laptops for instance.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
In closing Apple Store good. I think I’d probably be on Android if I haven’t had such good experiences with the Apple Store. I’ve had many experiences over the years when I just thrust my phone at them and yell “phone bad you fix” then they just come back with a new brand phone hand it to me and tell me to go away.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
All of the top people at Costco are in my area this week to celebrate the 20th anniversary of opening stores in the midwest. Everyone including CEO Craig Jelinek and I heard Jim Sinegal is tagging along with them too. I won't be there the rest of the week to see them, but I'm sure they're all going to be at my store either today or tomorrow since the building is currently being remodeled and they'll want to see how it's going.

It's always hectic when they are in town because every manager is freaking out and making sure everything is as close to perfect as possible.

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo
so it was really warm in my house last night and I didn't want to turn on the A/C, so I went onto my porch and slept on my new Costco folding hammock and it was pretty awesome. not comfortable enough to do it every night but every now and then I can see myself passing out under the stars on that thing.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

belt posted:

so it was really warm in my house last night and I didn't want to turn on the A/C, so I went onto my porch and slept on my new Costco folding hammock and it was pretty awesome. not comfortable enough to do it every night but every now and then I can see myself passing out under the stars on that thing.

all furniture should come with a "crashable/pass-outable" rating on the label. IMHO.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

belt posted:

I was hammocking today too! I absolutely would have slept on it outside if there wasnt rain in the forecast.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Spent 4 days on the beach and my Costco provided hammock was the talk of the loving town, one day saw 9 potential new followers ask how to be blessed.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
In closing; PBUC

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

What do cooler bags look like in America?

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~

Taima posted:

In a sense it's incredible that no one else has followed through on this style of corporate vision (pass along profits to customers for years and years until reaching critical mass and then dropping the guillotine when everyone is trapped).

That's actually How to Form a Monopoly 101

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

I might be moving to a remote area with no Costco

There's a... Sam's Club, though. :suicide:

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

heresy!

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES
I want a new rule where if after three minutes you are unable to get the pump to dispense gas at Costco you're told to go to the back of the line and try again. I swear to god it's like an unsolvable Rubik's cube for some people.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

*boos loudly*

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

1500quidporsche posted:

I want a new rule where if after three minutes you are unable to get the pump to dispense gas at Costco you're told to go to the back of the line and try again. I swear to god it's like an unsolvable Rubik's cube for some people.

I’ve had it happen three or four times that, after much cursing and yelling, it turned out the person wasn’t even a Costco member and just thought it was a regular gas station. :eng99:

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

What do cooler bags look like in America?

That is much nicer than the lame 2 color ones we have in the states.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

The Costco by work has made it even easier to purchase your dog with minimal delay.

Does anyone else's Costco have this? The couple by my house do not.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

FCKGW posted:

Yeah one by my home does. (I am gifted with no less than Three Churches and one Business Center im range).

It lets you skip the giant line because Kiosk orders are assembled pretty quickly. My wife saw 12 people in line and went the kiosk route. She had our DOGS + Refill and Pizza slices before the second person even:clint: ordered.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

I'm going to the Kirkland Cost Company later today to grab a huge brisket for brisket tacos on Saturday. Gonna be feeding like 20 people off that $40 chunk of beef. Daaaaamn.

indyrenegade
Apr 5, 2018

and that man's name? ENRICO FERMI
if no one has mentioned it, the best loving thing at costco is the bigass pre minced plastic bottle of garlic

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005
Grimey Drawer

1500quidporsche posted:

One day someone tried to cut me off from leaving by going THE OPPOSITE WAY to loop around because they pulled up to the pump on the wrong side. Willing to completely gently caress up the line and flow of the gas station area just to save themselves a minute or two fixing their own mistake. Heretics!

jerry seinfel
Jun 25, 2007

drat got double charged for an item at costco

Bigass fan

Im amazed the door people didn't notice. Ended up having to turn around and get it returned fast

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

indyrenegade posted:

if no one has mentioned it, the best loving thing at costco is the bigass pre minced plastic bottle of garlic

I don't love it. It's just ok. And even though I cook a lot of "ethnic" food I find I can't use it as fast as I'd like.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

1500quidporsche posted:

I like this idea, but I'd make the time ONE minute.

The gas pump isn't the place to check text messages, search fruitlessly for the membership card, and have a conversation with the person in the passenger seat before starting the fueling process.

And yet, there they are.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

jerry seinfel posted:

drat got double charged for an item at costco

Bigass fan

Im amazed the door people didn't notice. Ended up having to turn around and get it returned fast

How big a fan did you go for? Got a pic? Trip report?

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

FormatAmerica posted:

One day someone tried to cut me off from leaving by going THE OPPOSITE WAY to loop around because they pulled up to the pump on the wrong side. Willing to completely gently caress up the line and flow of the gas station area just to save themselves a minute or two fixing their own mistake. Heretics!

I always go to the pumps on the "wrong" side. People don't realize that the hose is long enough to reach across. Go ahead and wait in a 3 car deep line i'm going over here to pull right up to the pump.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Trastion posted:

I always go to the pumps on the "wrong" side. People don't realize that the hose is long enough to reach across. Go ahead and wait in a 3 car deep line i'm going over here to pull right up to the pump.

Same. It means I never wait more than 5 minutes to fuel.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
I'd get fuel at Costco a lot more but I've been driving a couple of Land Cruisers I've imported and my local Costco doesn't do diesel. :(

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I don't like the look of it...
Costco 93 premium is the only fuel my Focus RS drinks. Top Tier top notch gasoline for my boost machine.

jerry seinfel
Jun 25, 2007

Steakandchips posted:

How big a fan did you go for? Got a pic? Trip report?

just two of the vornaod air circulators ($40) and 1 of these cheapass tower fans for like $20

the vornados got rung up twice and they're in pretty big boxes. pbuc because they didn't hassle me at all and made the entire process pretty seamless. i'm sure they pull camera footage or whatever down the line

pbuc, they saved me from this heat spell

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

jerry seinfel posted:

just two of the vornaod air circulators ($40) and 1 of these cheapass tower fans for like $20

the vornados got rung up twice and they're in pretty big boxes. pbuc because they didn't hassle me at all and made the entire process pretty seamless. i'm sure they pull camera footage or whatever down the line

pbuc, they saved me from this heat spell

The receipt checkers at my church actually look for double rung items and will ask you if you actually bought 2 of whatever to make sure you don't double pay for items. PBUC

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

FCKGW posted:

The Costco by work has made it even easier to purchase your dog with minimal delay.

whoa

jerry seinfel
Jun 25, 2007

i should have gotten a dog or a brisket sandwich when i stopped durin gmy lunch for fans but the food court was like the one place packed

im excited to use these fans and have the joy of costco keep me cool throughout the psring and summer

also my cats are excited for food

uli2000
Feb 23, 2015

indyrenegade posted:

While it's handy to have and is miles better than peeling and chopping fresh garlic, I just doesn't have the same flavor to me. It seems like every time I break down and buy a jar, I use it a few times, remember this, and then it gets religated to the back of the fridge where my wife will throw it out when she cleans it out every couple of weeks.

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

uli2000 posted:

While it's handy to have and is miles better than peeling and chopping fresh garlic, I just doesn't have the same flavor to me. It seems like every time I break down and buy a jar, I use it a few times, remember this, and then it gets religated to the back of the fridge where my wife will throw it out when she cleans it out every couple of weeks.

There's no question that using fresh garlic will taste better. The thing about this jar of minced garlic is that prepping a dish with garlic in it is that much easier. I love this jar and I will celebrate when I can finish a whole one before it's expiration.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

I'm not in the business of telling people what to like, but jars of minced garlic don't taste like garlic to me and I loving love garlic. Lacking fresh garlic, I would choose a good quality garlic powder over preserved minced garlic 100% of the time.

Fortunately Costco sells both for people with different tastes than I have, PBUC!

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

Mo_Steel posted:

Grabbed a package of "32 Degrees Men's Cool Tee 2-pack" the other day as I've got some ratty lookin' shirts that need replacing. Very comfortable and light, going to buy more when I go take communion this week, would recommend.

Yes, these own. Comfortable for hanging out at home, but also excellent for exercise and long days outdoors due to the non cotton material

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

A+ user name and post combo

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

I'm not in the business of telling people what to like, but jars of minced garlic don't taste like garlic to me and I loving love garlic. Lacking fresh garlic, I would choose a good quality garlic powder over preserved minced garlic 100% of the time.

Fortunately Costco sells both for people with different tastes than I have, PBUC!

Costco also sells large bags of peeled garlic cloves in the refrigerated section near the fresh tortillas, basil pesto, cowboy caviar, etc. It's the best of both worlds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
just peel and cut up your own garlic. geez people it takes like 5 seconds