Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
CK is all up now, no waiting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/THR/status/991697522639826944

Well this doesn't fit with the billion think pieces written about this show last month

All the deities of the major religions could agree to put on a live performance of Hamilton on every single tv channel and streaming service for free and NCIS would still get more viewers.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

IRQ posted:

All the deities of the major religions could agree to put on a live performance of Hamilton on every single tv channel and streaming service for free and NCIS would still get more viewers.

I'd watch NCIS too in that situation.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

zoux posted:

Oh are they doing the week-to-week thing with Cobra Kai?

https://twitter.com/THR/status/991697522639826944

Well this doesn't fit with the billion think pieces written about this show last month

They hosed up the timing for SWEEPS and had to air a rerun last week, which I think explains the drop-off

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Rhyno posted:

CK is all up now, no waiting.

Worth it. I binged all ten episodes this morning. It's a shot of 80's nostalgia right in the arm while telling it's own story. By the end I was a little on the fence about who to cheer/root for.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Just found out they're bringing back the Karate Kid in a series following the villain as a hero and the heroes become a prick.

I never watched the movie but this TV series looks like a piece of poo poo.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Zaphod42 posted:

One of my high school teachers dated one of the RvB guys, and I met a few of them at a viewing of season 1 at a local theater way back in the day

Yeah its pretty crazy how they blew up, although they've kinda petered off a bit maybe? RvB was by far their best thing and now that Halo is dead...

Now they produce anime featuring four young girls fighting monsters. I never got into it but it was popular with my college clubs.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Covok posted:

Just found out they're bringing back the Karate Kid in a series following the villain as a hero and the heroes become a prick.

First I'm hearing about this

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Covok posted:

Oh no, Johnny is painted as a huge rear end in a top hat, not a hero. But so is Daniel.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

EugeneJ posted:

They hosed up the timing for SWEEPS and had to air a rerun last week, which I think explains the drop-off

Probably true but realistically Roseanne's gonna experience a natural drop as curiosity about it dies down and it becomes just the actual show's audience. How big that audience will end up being in the long run, I have no idea, but clearly a lot of people were watching early on because of nostalgia and controversy. That doesn't last.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

Oh no, Johnny is painted as a huge rear end in a top hat, not a hero. But so is Daniel.

True to the movie then as Daniel was consistently portrayed as an rear end in a top hat in each of the films. Just not as big of one comparatively.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/KateAurthur/status/992106359255580672

I guess Hollywood's done with Polanski.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Better late than never, I guess.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Well I didn't see that coming.

[Edit: Polanski, not Cosby. I didn't even know Cosby was in the Academy.]

asecondduck fucked around with this message at 19:38 on May 3, 2018

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
does he have to give back the Oscar for Ghost Dad

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Ooh so close. We were looking for Leonard Part 6

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Covok posted:

Go watch the first two movies. They hold up.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
yo fans of Fleabag, she does the voice of Lando's psychotic female killer robot in Solo apparently. Its name is "13-37". GET IT?!?!?!?! IT'S LIKE THE THING!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Mu Zeta posted:

I like Youtube Red because there are no ads on mobile. It also includes Google Play Music.
But does it let you keep listening to audio after you switch out of the app? That's literally the only thing that would ever tempt me to pay for it.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Rocksicles posted:

Go watch the first two movies. They hold up.

I haven't seen them awhile, but I'm thinking about the crane thing and it seems like it would be very silly now.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

But does it let you keep listening to audio after you switch out of the app? That's literally the only thing that would ever tempt me to pay for it.

I believe so.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

On Youtube? Yes.

They periodically offer free trials for Play Music. I got 4 months for free recently. Just check on the play.google.com once in a while and the promo should be at the top of the page.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
What I find funny about Youtube Red, and maybe this is just my experience, but whenever I go on Youtube... I wouldn't even know that a "Red" version existed. It's like they're actively trying to fail. Haven't seen many ads or anything anywhere else either.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I constantly get "Would you like to try Youtube Red?" messages that take up half the screen I have to "No Thanks" on. I think I accidently hit it once and went through a free trial without realizing it until halfway through.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Conan O'Brien is switching to a 30 minute format in 2019.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/conan-obriens-tbs-late-night-show-reduced-hour-2019-1108293

He wants to tour much more and this lets him do that. They are also going to put his entire catalog of late night shows (including NBC ones) online.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

STAC Goat posted:

I constantly get "Would you like to try Youtube Red?" messages that take up half the screen I have to "No Thanks" on. I think I accidently hit it once and went through a free trial without realizing it until halfway through.

What do you use to block ads? I've never seen this.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

IRQ posted:

What do you use to block ads? I've never seen this.

Its on my phone and I don't have any kind of ad blocker on that. I don't do a lot of phone browsing so I never really saw a point.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
The only thing that could make that Conan announcement better is if they said they were going to cut the interview portions and the monologue to make it happen. Just give Conan and Andy a video podcast and occasionally have dumb sketches interrupt.

That, or get rid of the writers so we can get back to that '08 writers strike goodness.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The first two seasons of gently caress Scientology are on Hulu now.

And if you think Xenu is the dumbest thing they believe, check out S2E4 "The Bridge"

Scientology basically has D&D rules

precision fucked around with this message at 23:12 on May 3, 2018

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Mu Zeta posted:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/conan-obriens-tbs-late-night-show-reduced-hour-2019-1108293

He wants to tour much more and this lets him do that. They are also going to put his entire catalog of late night shows (including NBC ones) online.

I feel like a moron but I am psyched to watch HD clips of the Walker Texas Ranger lever.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

feedmyleg posted:

The only thing that could make that Conan announcement better is if they said they were going to cut the interview portions and the monologue to make it happen.

quote:

Late-night's longest-tenured host will continue to air four nights a week and starting next year will unveil a less structured 30-minute format that will feature guests and a variety of segments drawn from the newly expanded Team Coco portfolio.

So yes, it sounds like it's doing essentially that.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Yeah, it sounds like they're completely dumping the Tonight Show format.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

What We Do In The Shadows got a series order

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I finally got around to watching the movie recently and I was honestly pretty underwhelmed. I mean, it was fine and I could see how it could be an amusing sitcom. But meh.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Surely you liked the werewolves at least.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Sorry, wrong thread.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Covok posted:

Now they produce anime featuring four young girls fighting monsters. I never got into it but it was popular with my college clubs.

Yeah RWBY was popular with an ex of mine. Although I think the guy who created that series died :(

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Mu Zeta posted:

Hm, dunno about this. Although his show isn't even as good as the old stuff was...

Mu Zeta posted:

They are also going to put his entire catalog of late night shows (including NBC ones) online.

Oh that's rad

Covok
May 27, 2013

Zaphod42 posted:

Yeah RWBY was popular with an ex of mine. Although I think the guy who created that series died :(

Yes, Monty Oum passed away. It's actually very tragic. He went in for a routine surgery. Nothing too important or severe. He had a bad reaction to the anesthetic and he died. It really came out of nowhere. He just got married a year ago. It really was a hit to everyone, even the fans of the company. He was one of the faces of the company. A lot of people knew him. He was very present on social media and appeared on their podcast often. It was sad.

They even did an irish funeral podcast for him where a few of his friends broke the news to the fans then got drunk and spent the whole time talking about their time with him before they abruptly ended it.

His brother replaced him on the show since he voiced one of the secondary characters and they promoted his assistant to head of animation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

precision posted:

Surely you liked the werewolves at least.

I mean I didn't dislike anything. That was funny as were a lot of things.

Actually thinking about it I probably feel like it would be a BETTER sitcom than a movie. Because I think my big issue was that it wasn't really funny enough or build enough to sustain my interest for 90 minutes. It felt a lot like a bunch of random episodes from the middle of a season of some show.

So I guess this is a good move that could boost my opinion.