Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Remember that Bayonetta came out when people were still heavily cribbing from noted GameCube masterpiece Resident Evil 4, so the QuickTime events felt a little less ridic at the time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
wow, giving the password to the locked door near the giant graveyard in bloodborne, only for it to reveal you were speaking to a corpse and then a path into a forest that's overtaken the settlements within which itself a staggering contrast from the labyrinthine gothic architecture is insanely cool

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
fear the old blood

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Not a Children posted:

Remember that Bayonetta came out when people were still heavily cribbing from noted GameCube masterpiece Resident Evil 4, so the QuickTime events felt a little less ridic at the time

the QTEs in RE4 were at least generous. Bayonetta's never felt like they worked half the time, were too quick, and worst of all affected your ranking in what is a heavily score-based game.

Wonder when RE4 will make its way to the Switch so we can have the all-time definitive handheld+motion control option version.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I'm officially over kulve taroth, it was a good event and I have hundreds of kulve weapons, but I never want to fight her again. maybe I'll change my mind next time she shows up

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

homeless snail posted:

I'm officially over kulve taroth, it was a good event and I have hundreds of kulve weapons, but I never want to fight her again. maybe I'll change my mind next time she shows up

I got one of the armor sets and whatever decent weapons I happened to get, but yeah I'm kinda glad they're letting Cool Terry take a vacation. She's a fun fight and the event is probably the best done of its type that I've seen across any game, but as the current end game outside of gems it would definitely risk burnout. Hopefully they've got another new addition waiting fairly close in the wings.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I haven't gotten around to God of War yet but am enjoying seeing how frequently its thread title changes

I'm buying a used PS4 Pro off a buddy so we will probably get God of War this weekend or something

Then I won't be able to pull my fiancee away from the TV cuz she'll be playing non-stop

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

chumbler posted:

I got one of the armor sets and whatever decent weapons I happened to get, but yeah I'm kinda glad they're letting Cool Terry take a vacation. She's a fun fight and the event is probably the best done of its type that I've seen across any game, but as the current end game outside of gems it would definitely risk burnout. Hopefully they've got another new addition waiting fairly close in the wings.
based on the leaked monsters, I wonder. what makes taroth so good is that she's a monster completely designed around siege. softening her up so that her armor comes off more easily next time you fight her and mining her as much as possible for maximum rewards is a great mechanic, I don't think it would work as well if it was siege of oroshi kirin or whatever. maybe they could do something cool for alatreon

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i finished the last of us. i didn't really like it, but i did finish it so it's over now

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I haven't gotten around to God of War yet but am enjoying seeing how frequently its thread title changes

I had to unsubscribe once they changed the name to BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOY and it messed up the layout in my control panel

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I got FTL for free when I bought Into the Breach on Steam. Can I turn it into a code that can then be posted on a dead forum?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

you can gift it forward if it's in your steam inventory usually

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Jay Rust posted:

I got FTL for free when I bought Into the Breach on Steam. Can I turn it into a code that can then be posted on a dead forum?

Good luck finding someone here that hasn't bought FTL but would still want to play it.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

That's me because I can't play PC games and they never put FTL on console/android

i hope into the breach makes it to switch or something

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I seem to only be able to send it directly through Steam or by email. I guess it’s just going to live in my inventory

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Just say "hey first person to post steam name gets this game"

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
someone please tell me how to disable the dualshock 4's blue glow when its plugged into my Pc. i havent slept in weeks,

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Countblanc posted:

someone please tell me how to disable the dualshock 4's blue glow when its plugged into my Pc. i havent slept in weeks,

put a blanket over it

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Countblanc posted:

install ds4windows, click the checkbox that makes it flash all the colors in the rainbow instead

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Countblanc posted:

duct tape

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I had to tape the xbox button on my bonetroller cause its so drat white bright in my face when im laying in bed

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

homeless snail posted:

install ds4windows, click the checkbox that makes it flash all the colors in the rainbow instead

done

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I visited my dad and cleaned my house and sat down to work on my 100% on Yakuza 0 and then just as I finished up my first karaoke song the power went out and now I am sitting in the dark and I am PISSED my dudes. I wanted to play that Yakuza. My hard drive better be okay. :mad:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

codenameFANGIO posted:

I visited my dad and cleaned my house and sat down to work on my 100% on Yakuza 0 and then just as I finished up my first karaoke song the power went out and now I am sitting in the dark and I am PISSED my dudes. I wanted to play that Yakuza. My hard drive better be okay. :mad:

every time something like this happens to me i think, what an era we live in where the power can go out entirely and we can still share our discontent with the internet

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

The White Dragon posted:

every time something like this happens to me i think, what an era we live in where the power can go out entirely and we can still share our discontent with the internet

Yes the cell phone is a marvelous wonder device but I am worried it’s gonna run out of power and I’m going to have to read a book or something. With a fuckin candle. Disgusting.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Countblanc posted:

Spend less on candles.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Why is it that if I eat something greasy, I can wash my hands thoroughly three separate times over the course of 15 minutes and still have them feel dirty

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

only god can cleanse the sin of gluttony

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Bayonetta is a great game but it might have the worst QTEs in any game ever

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Internet Kraken posted:

Why is it that if I eat something greasy, I can wash my hands thoroughly three separate times over the course of 15 minutes and still have them feel dirty

stop eating like a goddamn farm animal

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

glam rock hamhock posted:

Ninja Gaiden 3 has it beat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhnPJOvjyyg

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The White Dragon posted:

if you ate like a farm animal your hands would be clean

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

DLC Inc posted:

the QTEs in RE4 were at least generous. Bayonetta's never felt like they worked half the time, were too quick, and worst of all affected your ranking in what is a heavily score-based game.

Wonder when RE4 will make its way to the Switch so we can have the all-time definitive handheld+motion control option version.

I like that RE4 scores you at the end of each chapter but never assigns a ranking

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

glam rock hamhock posted:

that part with the dragon throwing the thing at you is some horseshit and it gets me every single drat time

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

The White Dragon posted:

No no, the problem is they are eating the farm animals, not they are they are eating like a farm animal.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Internet Kraken posted:

Grease is nonpolar and water is polar. Use more soap

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Snooze Cruise posted:

No no, the problem is they are eating the farm animals, not they are they are eating like a farm animal.

i love to eat farm animals but there's a way to do it where you aren't disgusting afterwards

for instance. you could blend it into a smoothie

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Help Im Alive posted:

That's me because I can't play PC games and they never put FTL on console/android

i hope into the breach makes it to switch or something

Into the breach definitely needs to make it to switch or tablet, it’s a perfect fit

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I still don't mind the Bayonetta QTEs but the button mashing is the worst. Missing an action prompt shouldn't be the easier option during bossfight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Has anyone eaten food from 7-Eleven? Should I do it?

• Locked thread