Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

Smug Statement: Elementary, my dear meatbag.
I just love it's complete bedlam outside Concelhaut's place, but once you get inside everyone's like, eh it's a Tuesday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

AngryBooch posted:

gently caress this reminds me that Pillars needs an Archwizard who's just obsessed with spectral hands to perform all of his tasks like Bigby.

Concelhaut's Crushing Doom basically is Bigby's Crushing Hand.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Cavauro posted:

I want that chill student under Concelhaut to be in Deadfire but I guess it's possible that they bite it so that's too bad

There’s a survey question that mentions her specifically, so that’s grounds for being cautiously optimistic, at least.

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

You've lost that lovin' feeling,
Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....

GrandpaPants posted:

I regretted murdering her, but she was hiding Durgan steel under the floors and wasn't giving it up without a fight, so. Eh, she was probably evil on some level.

There aren't many morally on the level uses of animated weapons.

Like, that tech could probably go on to have non hostile uses like animated cleaning supplies and cooking utensils, but that wasn't what she was working on.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Clever Spambot posted:

Like, that tech could probably go on to have non hostile uses like animated cleaning supplies and cooking utensils, but that wasn't what she was working on.

Animated weapons don't kill people, evil wizards using animated weapons kill people.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

There’s a survey question that mentions her specifically, so that’s grounds for being cautiously optimistic, at least.

Oh that's cool. Thanks Random rear end in a top hat

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
I cannot believe I scoured this game and checked with a few wikis and STILL missed the post-concelhaut quest. What really irks me is that I was doing a dragon genocide run and now I'm leaving TWO of those assholes alive in the world.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010

Clever Spambot posted:

we don't really know how transferable the science is though. maybe if we see her again she'll be running a fully automated maid, butlery and barber service for high-end clients.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
Also hey Chris, love your work, the easiest way to keep this kind of thing from happening in the future would be to use your clout to encourage game writers and developers to unionize and lead a push for that in your current place of employment. You've certainly got the drive and the name-recognition to not get bounced immediately for doing so. Skulking around on message boards with questionable politics doesn't really endear you to the kind of people you'd want to be reaching to ensure that your unions protect everyone on the team, though.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Clever Spambot posted:

She was doing what she had to do to get research funding. All the money comes from the military-industrial-archlich complex

The real tragedy is all the workers those animated brooms would have put out of a job

Disney doesn't tell that side of the story, do they

The Sorceror's Apprentice is a parable of capital and the worker (told, of course, by Disney, the arch-fabulist of capitalism)

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!
I'm just glad you're all finally coming around on Avellone :colbert:

EDIT: I don't think the dude is super mentally ill or whatever, he's just extremely full of himself and got blindsided when his poo poo wasn't put on a pedestal for Pillars, got caught in a contract system he was most likely originally a part of to begin with, and absolutely cannot get over all this happening to the great artiste Chris Avellone. The codex is sympathetic slash abhors Obsidian, so he's doing it there (despite the fact that yeah, it absolutely is nazis), and they're feeding into it and pushing him farther. I'm not worried about his sanity or whatever, he's just mostly revealing that he's kinda an rear end in a top hat. It's just a way longer winded twitter meltdown, surrounded by nazis pushing him, so uh, a way longer winded twitter meltdown.

If the dude was actually wronged he'd be talking to a lawyer or, gently caress, a reporter, or games journalist, or someone. Not ranting about it on a nazi adjacent board that worships him.

ProfessorCirno fucked around with this message at 20:36 on May 3, 2018

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Clever Spambot posted:

Iirc she's developing it to turn the tides in an extremely long ongoing war that is currently just a body making stalemate on her home island. I imagine if she lives, she could be king poo poo on some island we visit.

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

jolly good chaps we sure showed the hun

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Is anybody actually attempting to make any kind of "shield" against any of the accusations he's making?

Just to be clear, I wasn't specifically referring to you so much - but talking about Avellone ultimately is a way to avoid talking about what he's saying about Obsidian, even if by accident. Also, there are definitely other posters in the thread who very much side with Obsidian and have thrown shade at Avellone because of that.

Not that it really matters. I believe Obsidian has terrible senior management but that's not gonna stop me playing Deadfire. I believe Avellone is bitter and holding a grudge but that won't stop me playing his stuff in future.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
let's make a list of all the game companies without terrible senior management, i'll start.

edit: this isn't meant to be some smarmy defense of obsidian's senior management btw. It's just very childish imo to think you can lead some sort of storm of games development by weaponizing a personal grudge against any particular company, and is incredibly common on hobby forums. Even people who have a better head on their shoulders about this like jim sterling do this. The power of capital relative to labor in the games industry will crush you time and again if you don't actually unionize, and farting about with whims about how some contract negotiations got used against you and your special ideas is exactly like playing a fighter in third edition: You got hosed because the entire system is set up to gently caress you. Maybe stop trying to argue with the GM that you should be able to grapple an ogre and change the system.

Impermanent fucked around with this message at 20:45 on May 3, 2018

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

If anyone’s ever wondered why Josh Sawyer doesn’t touch the hooch, well, see for yourselves folks, exhibit A.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
hey pillars 2 is about to come out let's check out the thread see what's -

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Ginette Reno posted:

Concelhaut's Crushing Doom basically is Bigby's Crushing Hand.

True. It's a weirdly uncharacteristic spell for Concelhaut. They need an archwizard obsessed with hammers and hammer spells.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

The Sorceror's Apprentice is a parable of capital and the worker (told, of course, by Disney, the arch-fabulist of capitalism)

Not joking, I remember watching it in one of my sociology classes to discuss Marx's predictions about automation in the Grundrisse and its role in destabilising capitalism and priming it for crisis.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

AngryBooch posted:

True. It's a weirdly uncharacteristic spell for Concelhaut. They need an archwizard obsessed with hammers and hammer spells.

I'm actually kinda surprised that priests don't get spells specific to their god. You get like, one at 8th level, but that's about it. Gimme dat Abydon hammer smash.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010

GrandpaPants posted:

I'm actually kinda surprised that priests don't get spells specific to their god. You get like, one at 8th level, but that's about it. Gimme dat Abydon hammer smash.

good news about POE 2.

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

GrandpaPants posted:

We do have the new unique high level spells for priests. Spiritual Weapon (2nd level) is accessible by all priests, but summons weapons that are specific to the deity.

Berath: Great Sword
Eothas: Flail
Magran: Pistol and Sword
Skaen: Club and Stiletto
Wael: Rod

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)

rope kid posted:

I guess he would be insecure about having low Reflex.

User0015
Nov 24, 2007

Please don't talk about your sexuality unless it serves the ~narrative~!

rope kid posted:

We do have the new unique high level spells for priests. Spiritual Weapon (2nd level) is accessible by all priests, but summons weapons that are specific to the deity.

Which of these can we romance

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)
i need the game to release so people will get my bad weapon proficiency modal jokes

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

rope kid posted:

Rods: well-known for being inscrutable.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010

Dick Burglar posted:

Rods: well-known for being inscrutable.

my rod does not scrut

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Ship name: Wael's Inscrutable Rod

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

Smug Statement: Elementary, my dear meatbag.
e: no i regret this post

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

Walrus Pete posted:

Ship name: Wael's Inscrutable Rod

I like it :dong:

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Any word if we'll be able to have CYOA segments for the sexing? Is it too late to add that?

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
Welp, look at that, we found something lamer then elf-dating to argue about, congrats guys, I knew we could do it.

Airfoil
Sep 10, 2013

I'm a rocket man

bongwizzard posted:

Welp, look at that, we found something lamer then elf-dating to argue about, congrats guys, I knew we could do it.

Apparently you missed the horny sword roundtable.

Urthor
Jul 28, 2014

I sincerely doubt Chris is going off the deep end in any way re the people discussing that. More than likely he is just feeling extremely financially secure with his fancy job at the 2K developers making notBioshock, his continual freelance projects with everybody under the sun and the general amount of devs worshiping his socks, and feels he can get his own back. No more, no less.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

bongwizzard posted:

What lofty horizons shall we reach for next?

Perhaps dating the sea itself. Cliché and liable to get us drowned.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

evilmiera posted:

Perhaps dating the sea itself. Cliché and liable to get us drowned.

Ondra definitely seems like the type to be into one night stands.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Ondra relationship with Abydon was one of the best parts of White March content, I love this crazy rear end god

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

GrandpaPants posted:

She only ever yells Abydon tho.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

GrandpaPants posted:

It seems Ondra helps others forget but keeps all of that people forget to herself, so if she did have one night stands, she would tell you upfront they were meaningless, then wipe them from your memory and think about them constantly.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

So Wael is sort of like Leisure Suit Larry in that he's always losing girlfriends and trying to hook up again constantly?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
Wael has decided that getting laid will be an eternal mystery to it.

• Locked thread