Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

where's the stupid, God of War 2018 ain't just hype and might legit be the absolute peak of the whole AAA movie-games thing

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Crown Prince Naruhito sneezes, Meltzer gives it a 8* rating.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

where's the stupid, God of War 2018 ain't just hype and might legit be the absolute peak of the whole AAA movie-games thing

Can you play as a goat and headbutt cars over the horizon? No? oh.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

The line "Games have grown up" is very funny.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

its not a real article but it's 100% spot on parody

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

the whole AAA movie-games thing

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I mean it's no Monster Hunter World.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Maxwell Lord posted:

I mean it's no Monster Hunter World.

I rented this game and played it until the game was like "look, now you get to hunt the same monsters, but sometimes on different maps!!!" and I was like "you know what, this game is not for me, I do not care enough to grind out dinosaur bladders to make another loving hat or w/e" but hey different strokes and all that

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

never forget

Sramaker posted:

I request to being banned please, i don't have to deal with people who got fooled by the media.

There's no problem with the gaming industry and related stuff? Fools.

I hate SA and wish i never wasted money to join a bunch of people like, i'm not replying to anything anymore.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

He banned himself over gamergate. :bravo:

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

It always cracks me up how fast that meltdown went. There were like 5 people saying that he was dumb and then he immediately requested a ban.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

OldTennisCourt posted:

It always cracks me up how fast that meltdown went. There were like 5 people saying that he was dumb and then he immediately requested a ban.
All goons are bad but the ones who came in through Let’s Play are a special breed

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

St Evan Echoes posted:

All goons are bad but the ones who came in through Let’s Play are a special breed

I came in through Let's Play :(

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

St Evan Echoes posted:

It's true; I'm the worst

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Senerio posted:

It's true; I'm the worst

Yeah, we're scum.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Gaz-L posted:

Yeah, we're scum.

I hear we even get to be mods now

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Not get to, have to.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

games with insane multi-million-dollar budgets and the ambitions of being, essentially, playable hollywood movies ain't gonna go away. they are The New Normal. God of War 2018, by all appearances, is one of the literal first games, if not the first, to successfully thread the needle and achieve this ambition while still being an insanely loving fun game and not a QTE collection (Metal Gear Rising is probably the closest comparison I can think of, and MGR is... a LOT smaller).

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

games with insane multi-million-dollar budgets and the ambitions of being, essentially, playable hollywood movies ain't gonna go away. they are The New Normal. God of War 2018, by all appearances, is one of the literal first games, if not the first, to successfully thread the needle and achieve this ambition while still being an insanely loving fun game and not a QTE collection (Metal Gear Rising is probably the closest comparison I can think of, and MGR is... a LOT smaller).

i would ask you to source your quotes but that isn't even the topic of this thread

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Alaois posted:

i would ask you to source your quotes but that isn't even the topic of this thread

you are incredibly mad about a game being good

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Oops! Sorry for being in the wrong thread. I apologize

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 21:01 on May 3, 2018

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

you are incredibly mad about a game being good

i don't give a poo poo about god of war you're trying to have an argument with people about a video game in a thread about dumb wrestling posts on the internet

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

source your quotes

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Kratos can't headbutt oncoming traffic, not a good game.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
god of war is no Yakuza

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

exploded mummy posted:

god of war is no Yakuza

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

exploded mummy posted:

god of war is no Yakuza

That's true, it actually evolved.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
games.... they're not just for kids, anymore....

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

LOOK UPON THE EVIL YOU HAVE WROUGHT

https://twitter.com/Americareform/status/990424066845741056

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Baron Corbin posted:

games.... they're not just for kids, anymore....

since when

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

This is funny when you know that Dave always praises Roman's in-ring work and consistently rates his matches much higher than fan consensus

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Benne posted:

This is funny when you know that Dave always praises Roman's in-ring work and consistently rates his matches much higher than fan consensus
The Venn diagram of people who bitch about Dave on Twitter and Observer subscribers has a wafer thin overlap with “rovert” written in it

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Yeah it's crazy new ground having you talk to a kid while you fight monsters.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Did any yall play the new mario

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Feels Villeneuve posted:

It is the only argument in favor of these toys being art. But again the TNA thread is the games thread.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Rip Captain lou

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

exploded mummy posted:

god of war is no Yakuza

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Aphrodite posted:

That's true, it actually evolved.

Yakuza has evolved way more than God of War

In God of War ps2 he was a lovely father with aggression issues, in God of War ps4 he is still a lovely father with aggression issues

Meanwhile, Kiryu evolves from world's best adoptive father to world's best adoptive grandfather

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

St Evan Echoes posted:

The Venn diagram of people who bitch about Dave on Twitter and Observer subscribers has a wafer thin overlap with “rovert” written in it

Every time Bryan says,"Don't post online that I reported this, this is pure speculation!" I wonder how many people ironically post that he reported it, how many genuinely misunderstand what he is saying, and how many never heard his original statement but took a secondhand post at face value and then get real mad at him about it.