Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Hey everybody! I made a video about character design and iconography, but it's mostly about how it's pretty hosed up the latest mario game lets you dress one of the most recognisable characters in the world as a topless loving cowboy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00Fn-pgJ_8Y

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Nintendo's thing now is letting you play dress up with their characters that have the most iconic looks

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014
Kyle Kallgren! if you are here, please tell your girlfriend that I love her and she makes me feel validated as a black girl. I follow her on twitter but I have that middle school crush kind of thing going where I'm afraid to say anything to her directly.

Karsten Runquist on the difference between good and bad sequels.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdy_o7XlurI

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Calico Heart posted:

Hey everybody! I made a video about character design and iconography, but it's mostly about how it's pretty hosed up the latest mario game lets you dress one of the most recognisable characters in the world as a topless loving cowboy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00Fn-pgJ_8Y

Just thought you should know that you misspelled "Design" at 1:15.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

nine-gear crow posted:

Shadow Fall was used to testbed the Decima Engine while Horizon was in development. Though Guerrilla Games has said that now that Horizon and its DLC are finished they're gonna start on Killzone 5 next, so the franchise isn't exactly as dead as people have been proclaiming it to be.

Horizon was actually started first, then put on hold to make Shadowfall because it was deemed too risky and Sony wasn't sure you could have an action game starring a woman. So they did a Killzone instead to pay the bills and because it seemed safer. Then Shadowfall was a flop and stuff like Tomb Raider proved that ladies with bows are cool so they put everything they had behind the weird demo they'd made and cancelled everything else they were doing so they could get it done.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

khwarezm posted:

I think it does come across, but fails in many of the ways that Noah describes. The whole adventure in the islands is particularly built to be an extension of the kind of extreme sports orientated vacation that people like the main character indulge but with everything becoming increasingly unhinged and off the rails as the protagonist indulges in ever greater heights of violent, masculine domination. The game makes it clear that the player character (and by extension you, the actual player) is getting more and more wound up in an extremely unhealthy journey of catharsis and self gratification and suggests as much by likening Brody's journey with that of Alice in Wonderland, drawing very, very strong parallels with Brody and Vaas and having Brody take a more and more hostile position towards the friends he's ostensibly saving.

There's a bit near the start of the game where you rescue one of your friends (your girlfriend I think actually) from a pirate stronghold and it's when the game makes it clear that Brody is starting to find the entire ordeal extremely enjoyable, laughing as he kills people and finding thrills in escaping an exploding building by the skin of your teeth, but all the while you have your girlfriend who you just saved reacting like an actual normal person (re: with terror) and she calls out Brody on treating the entire situation as a source of personal enjoyment. Later when you talk to her Brody says that he's loving the entire situation that she just wants to escape from since, as he puts it, he's 'winning', which really drove home to me that the game was very much aware of what was going on.

In addition, it does things like play Ride (not Rise, dammit) of the Valkyries when you are doing the helicopter gun mission and I'm pretty sure we're meant to think that Jason is hearing that song in his head because he's gone all war crazy. I also think that's another mission where you rescue a different friend who reacts like a normal person to everything Jason is doing (holy poo poo dude you got a big war boner right now, that's hosed up!)

It tried, bless its heart, it definitely tried to sell the message of "but isn't all this fun actually super bad?!?" but it didn't earn it.

WampaLord fucked around with this message at 21:56 on May 3, 2018

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
I wonder how many more videogames are going to try to convince us that the sweet noscopes we're pulling off are super bad before they internalize Truffaut.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

WampaLord posted:

In addition, it does things like play Rise of the Valkyries when you are doing the helicopter gun mission and I'm pretty sure we're meant to think that Jason is hearing that song in his head because he's gone all war crazy. I also think that's another mission where you rescue a different friend who reacts like a normal person to everything Jason is doing (holy poo poo dude you got a big war boner right now, that's hosed up!)

It tried, bless its heart, it definitely tried to sell the message of "but isn't all this fun actually super bad?!?" but it didn't earn it.

It's a real though nut to crack since I think there was something to that idea that the rollicking fun of all the chaos in the game and games like it has a seductive quality that causes us to ignore some of the unsavory things that indulging in that kind of entertainment might imply, but falls flat on it's face in so many ways. The Hotline Miami games have something similar going on and pull it off with a lot more success imo.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

khwarezm posted:

The Hotline Miami games have something similar going on and pull it off with a lot more success imo.

Spec Ops: The Line is perhaps the ultimate form of this particular theme.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

nine-gear crow posted:

For what it's worth I'm doing a let's play of Shadow Fall right now where we look at all the stuff going on under the hood with the story and setting and such as well as poking fun at the game for its missteps and excesses.

There's no flamethrower in Shadow Fall though :negative:

Interesting reading. I still think that while Killzone's backstory and visual storytelling are fascinating, it's unfortunate that the main plotlines of the games don't really measure up to the background material.

Except for Killzone 2, because that game has a hell of a "gently caress you" ending and I love it. Killzone 3 I could drop all the stuff with Sev and Rico if it mean watching Malcolm McDowell and Ray Winstone duel for top ham.

admataY
Oct 16, 2008
If nothing else, Caldewell-Gervais Far cry video makes me wanna give Primal a shot, and I initially dismissed the game cause caveman farcry seems like a stupid loving idea .

Conal Cochran
Dec 2, 2013

Sarcopenia posted:

Kyle Kallgren! if you are here, please tell your girlfriend that I love her and she makes me feel validated as a black girl. I follow her on twitter but I have that middle school crush kind of thing going where I'm afraid to say anything to her directly.

She also co-hosts a pretty great podcast on bad romantic comedies that manages to be more than simply bashing bad movies, but looks at them through a critical racial and gender perspective. I haven't listened to their latest episode yet, but it's on the recent Amy Schumer comedy, I Feel Pretty.

http://badromance.libsyn.com

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

sexpig by night posted:

FC5 is a perfectly fine open world game that does have fun stuff. It's really a shame they hosed up with having easily the worst story of any FC game and their half assed 'we're gonna dance around current events without doing anything meaningful' solution because that did rightly sour people on what coulda been a fun experience.

what annoyed me more is i fully expected them to not make a "gently caress trump/chuds" game. judging from all the commercials, they were trying to go for a Branch davidian plus ISIS feel and that honestly interested the hell out of me more then "lol chuds killing sim" poo poo a decent amount of people wanted. the problem is that don't do poo poo with cult stuff. you have some vague overview of their beliefs and methods but thats it. if you want a depressing and sorta deep far cry. play 2.

WampaLord posted:

In addition, it does things like play Ride (not Rise, dammit) of the Valkyries when you are doing the helicopter gun mission and I'm pretty sure we're meant to think that Jason is hearing that song in his head because he's gone all war crazy. I also think that's another mission where you rescue a different friend who reacts like a normal person to everything Jason is doing (holy poo poo dude you got a big war boner right now, that's hosed up!)

same. I never got intentional malice in the story of the game that i have some people say it has. it hosed up its execution of some interesting ideas much like bioshock infinite hosed up the execution of their ideas.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
On some level I respect Farcry 3 for having a vision, but on the other hand boy was the writer huffing his own farts the whole way through.

The idea that some of the cutscenes were meant to be Jason's subjective fantasy doesn't come across at all beyond being noticeably ridiculous, and the bar is so low that simply ridiculous is not enough to let the audience in on the joke. I would be charitable and say maybe not every iota of his satirical script made it into the game unaltered, because that's just how it happens, but on the other hand he thinks "shooting arrows at a giant monster == shooting sperm into a sexy lady" is an acceptable and sound bit of symbolism so nah.

John Murdoch fucked around with this message at 23:13 on May 3, 2018

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Dapper_Swindler posted:

what annoyed me more is i fully expected them to not make a "gently caress trump/chuds" game. judging from all the commercials, they were trying to go for a Branch davidian plus ISIS feel and that honestly interested the hell out of me more then "lol chuds killing sim" poo poo a decent amount of people wanted. the problem is that don't do poo poo with cult stuff. you have some vague overview of their beliefs and methods but thats it. if you want a depressing and sorta deep far cry. play 2.

same. I never got intentional malice in the story of the game that i have some people say it has. it hosed up its execution of some interesting ideas much like bioshock infinite hosed up the execution of their ideas.

Yea I wasn't really holding my hopes out for 'lol flamethrower the CHUDS', it was pretty clearly originally designed around Branch style militant cults and they obviously wanted to cash in on current events as launch got closer.

They still just kinda did nothing with THAT element either. You instantly meet up with the ~good guy survivalists~ who quickly explain that ACTUALLY it's fine to be an insane armed to the teeth prepper but THOSE guys are bad because THEY have magic drugs and THAT'S not good. Then from there you're just fighting loving magicians and zombies. The only genuinely good cult guy is mr "I was looking all my life for things to say YES to". The other two were 'generic survivalist who's the BAD kind not the GOOD kind like OUR militia' and 'a literal drug wizard who I have no idea why she's even here she's just a straight up goddamn mage with a vague hippy style that actually has nothing to do with the other Seeds' style of things at all'.

Also the general 'this feels weird' about gunning down drug addicts in rural America...for the resistance, yaaaaay....

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
oh also side quests are even worse than usual except for the like, two in each region they clearly spent effort in. I got I think 3 distinct flavors of 'there's DRUG ADDICTS in there, take your machine gun to them please. We're the good guys btw'.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

John Murdoch posted:

On some level I respect Farcry 3 for having a vision, but on the other hand boy was the writer huffing his own farts the whole way through.

The idea that some of the cutscenes were meant to be Jason's subjective fantasy doesn't come across at all beyond being noticeably ridiculous, and the bar is so low that simply ridiculous is not enough to let the audience in on the joke. I would be charitable and say maybe not every iota of his satirical script made it into the game unaltered, because that's just how it happens, but on the other hand he thinks "shooting arrows at a giant monster == shooting sperm into a sexy lady" is an acceptable and sound bit of symbolism so nah.

Hey, they weren't just any arrows, they were exploding arrows so....whatever that means.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the brief time I played Far Cry 5 it gave me the feeling of a movie that was in development hell and passed around between different directors and editors to try and salvage something out of it, so you have these deathly serious cutscenes interspersed with disjointed, frenetic open world gameplay and irreverent jokey dialogue being piped into your ear and South Park-esque mission intros for recreating a famous stuntman's stunts and nothing about the game felt like it was a coherent, focused project made by humans

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

sexpig by night posted:

Yea I wasn't really holding my hopes out for 'lol flamethrower the CHUDS', it was pretty clearly originally designed around Branch style militant cults and they obviously wanted to cash in on current events as launch got closer.

They still just kinda did nothing with THAT element either. You instantly meet up with the ~good guy survivalists~ who quickly explain that ACTUALLY it's fine to be an insane armed to the teeth prepper but THOSE guys are bad because THEY have magic drugs and THAT'S not good. Then from there you're just fighting loving magicians and zombies. The only genuinely good cult guy is mr "I was looking all my life for things to say YES to". The other two were 'generic survivalist who's the BAD kind not the GOOD kind like OUR militia' and 'a literal drug wizard who I have no idea why she's even here she's just a straight up goddamn mage with a vague hippy style that actually has nothing to do with the other Seeds' style of things at all'.

Also the general 'this feels weird' about gunning down drug addicts in rural America...for the resistance, yaaaaay....

agreed but the cult is basicaly going full ISIS and killing anyone who doesnt submit. Jacob is just a hosed up PTSD vet who has gone full neo Malthusian/social darwinist and Hope is just the newest "hope" she is some kid who got druged and brainwashed into being the pretty face for the death cult. both are interesting ideas but the way the game is structured its all humbled jumble. i like the game mechanicaly and enviromentaly a ton, sucks about the story.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Alaois posted:

the brief time I played Far Cry 5 it gave me the feeling of a movie that was in development hell and passed around between different directors and editors to try and salvage something out of it, so you have these deathly serious cutscenes interspersed with disjointed, frenetic open world gameplay and irreverent jokey dialogue being piped into your ear and South Park-esque mission intros for recreating a famous stuntman's stunts and nothing about the game felt like it was a coherent, focused project made by humans

well thats far cry in a nutshell. only 2 goes the full serious route. its why i got annoyed at the waypoint review. i like Austin but it was never gonna be mafia 3(a great game) and a chud killing sim with deep serious conversations with no humor.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

sexpig by night posted:

oh also side quests are even worse than usual except for the like, two in each region they clearly spent effort in. I got I think 3 distinct flavors of 'there's DRUG ADDICTS in there, take your machine gun to them please. We're the good guys btw'.

that too. gently caress the hope area as pretty as it is.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Dapper_Swindler posted:

agreed but the cult is basicaly going full ISIS and killing anyone who doesnt submit. Jacob is just a hosed up PTSD vet who has gone full neo Malthusian/social darwinist and Hope is just the newest "hope" she is some kid who got druged and brainwashed into being the pretty face for the death cult. both are interesting ideas but the way the game is structured its all humbled jumble. i like the game mechanicaly and enviromentaly a ton, sucks about the story.

That is fair. They have very neat ideas, I remember the spoiler but forgot Jacob had a whole PTSD 'I turned to this poo poo to make sense' thing going on. Those could both be very solid characters but...yea just it all got lost in the vague soup of clashing flavors of the story.

They designed a linear game at first, I think. I think you're meant to play Mr Yes Dude, then Faith, then Jacob and kinda get this slowly creeping dread as it grows from kinda 'normal' weird cult that's suddenly gone violent to 'oh gently caress no they're messing with some twisted stuff' and then full on 'welcome to my killing fields bitches' but...no one's gonna do that when they can run freely from the get go so I think they had to water things down to be sure you could experience them whenever. I think this is a case where 'not every game NEEDS to be a sandbox' is true, some structure would have made this story better because yea I agree I dig the game as a pure mechanical/style thing.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

sexpig by night posted:

That is fair. They have very neat ideas, I remember the spoiler but forgot Jacob had a whole PTSD 'I turned to this poo poo to make sense' thing going on. Those could both be very solid characters but...yea just it all got lost in the vague soup of clashing flavors of the story.

They designed a linear game at first, I think. I think you're meant to play Mr Yes Dude, then Faith, then Jacob and kinda get this slowly creeping dread as it grows from kinda 'normal' weird cult that's suddenly gone violent to 'oh gently caress no they're messing with some twisted stuff' and then full on 'welcome to my killing fields bitches' but...no one's gonna do that when they can run freely from the get go so I think they had to water things down to be sure you could experience them whenever. I think this is a case where 'not every game NEEDS to be a sandbox' is true, some structure would have made this story better because yea I agree I dig the game as a pure mechanical/style thing.

this. the whole "make it non linear, doesnt work that well. it doesn't help faith is weakest area of the three. here entire era is boring as crap with some ok segments. I did her segment first because she was the one i saw the least in marketing but bleh. the game heavly pushes you to johns area first but idk.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 23:38 on May 3, 2018

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

The new Babish video is basically the product placement gag from Waynes World but unironically and I'm not sure how to feel about that.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

ContraPoints' latest video was the funniest yet. Let's hope Contra gets on the Rubin Report so Rubin can stop all this stupid poo poo.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

khwarezm posted:

I think it does come across, but fails in many of the ways that Noah describes. The whole adventure in the islands is particularly built to be an extension of the kind of extreme sports orientated vacation that people like the main character indulge but with everything becoming increasingly unhinged and off the rails as the protagonist indulges in ever greater heights of violent, masculine domination. The game makes it clear that the player character (and by extension you, the actual player) is getting more and more wound up in an extremely unhealthy journey of catharsis and self gratification and suggests as much by likening Brody's journey with that of Alice in Wonderland, drawing very, very strong parallels with Brody and Vaas and having Brody take a more and more hostile position towards the friends he's ostensibly saving.

There's a bit near the start of the game where you rescue one of your friends (your girlfriend I think actually) from a pirate stronghold and it's when the game makes it clear that Brody is starting to find the entire ordeal extremely enjoyable, laughing as he kills people and finding thrills in escaping an exploding building by the skin of your teeth, but all the while you have your girlfriend who you just saved reacting like an actual normal person (re: with terror) and she calls out Brody on treating the entire situation as a source of personal enjoyment. Later when you talk to her Brody says that he's loving the entire situation that she just wants to escape from since, as he puts it, he's 'winning', which really drove home to me that the game was very much aware of what was going on.

The problem, of course, is that the satire is also racist. Like, it’s the story of a dumbass fratboy who’s led into assuming that he’s the white saviour of a group of noble-savage islanders, only for it to turn out that - surprise - they’re bloodthirsty fanatics who are tempting him with their seductively exotic wiles to become a sacrifice for their pagan gods.

That’s, like... dear lord, people.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Both sides are really bad. Maybe... the answer is somewhere in the middle.

:hurr:

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
I'm getting deja vu to discussing Death Wish 3 where there's definitely satire but not everyone was in on the joke. Far Cry 3 clearly wanted to do something with the "white savior" story, but it loses the plot pretty quickly and there were definitely people involved who just thought it was all awesome.

In fairness, I haven't played it, but it sounds like Far Cry 5 also missed the obvious answer of just getting into the weeds more with the cult dynamics if they wanted to stay apolical. There's an interesting bit of Jim Jones' history where at the start there were little competing factions inside the cult. There were intellectuals who thought they were scamming the fundies into being socialists, fundies who thought they were scamming the intellectuals into being followers and the growing cult of personality around Jones himself. That's an easy way to set up 3 leaders if they're still dead set on doing non-linear regions.

After playing Mafia 3 I'm really starting to think that the push for non-linear open world has been a net negative. Mafia 3 would probably have been a lot better with a more linear world.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

After playing Mafia 3 I'm really starting to think that the push for non-linear open world has been a net negative. Mafia 3 would probably have been a lot better with a more linear world.
Not having played Mafia 3: Mafia 2 was obviously retrofitted into being way more open-world then intended so It seems they didn't learn from that.

tudabee
Jan 1, 2007

How many times must I remind you to WASH YOUR HANDS?

Sarcopenia posted:

Karsten Runquist on the difference between good and bad sequels.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdy_o7XlurI

I also feel that Jourdain is extremely cool and good.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

I'm getting deja vu to discussing Death Wish 3 where there's definitely satire but not everyone was in on the joke. Far Cry 3 clearly wanted to do something with the "white savior" story, but it loses the plot pretty quickly and there were definitely people involved who just thought it was all awesome.

In fairness, I haven't played it, but it sounds like Far Cry 5 also missed the obvious answer of just getting into the weeds more with the cult dynamics if they wanted to stay apolical. There's an interesting bit of Jim Jones' history where at the start there were little competing factions inside the cult. There were intellectuals who thought they were scamming the fundies into being socialists, fundies who thought they were scamming the intellectuals into being followers and the growing cult of personality around Jones himself. That's an easy way to set up 3 leaders if they're still dead set on doing non-linear regions.

I haven't played it and I've heard a lot about how Mafia suffers badly from repetition, but what specifically about the open world damaged the game for you?

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Zedd posted:

Not having played Mafia 3: Mafia 2 was obviously retrofitted into being way more open-world then intended so It seems they didn't learn from that.

According to this article about the developers, a lot of that open world stuff in Mafia 3 was specifically pushed by Take Two executives because they thought it'd help the game sell more if it was more like their biggest product.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

yeah pretty much. i always thought Mafia 3 knocked it out of the park when it came to tackling racism and the 60s. the writers nailed the tone and the wording and dog whistles. like the "native son" radio program and stuff. plus it was fun game. the shooting was sharp and meaty as hell. it was also the closet to feeling like a Punisher game in a long time.

khwarezm posted:

I haven't played it and I've heard a lot about how Mafia suffers badly from repetition, but what specifically about the open world damaged the game for you?

yeah its the repition, which works story wise and thematicaly but it kills the pacing a bunch. ok so each main target has 2 underboss types. you destroy and gently caress up each under bosses thing and then kill or turn the under boss. it works because of the whole MACV SOG type poo poo. slowly killing the big bads support and its fun for a while because i loved the gun play but its not for everyone.

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
Yeah, the gameplay is fine, but man it repeats a lot. A few more resources for more mission types would have taken it from a 3/5 to a 4/5. For example, there's "Trafficking Missions" to make your captured businesses generate more money, but they are always literally the same mission. The more scripted stuff was cool, but there's not a lot of it. You can kind of tell that there's a lot of abandoned ideas in it, which is a shame.

The open world mostly hurts the pacing because none of the stories can connect or build. There's a really neat substory where you take down the guy who runs the mob's Cuba smuggling operations. He's the first target who is basically just some random guy. Everyone up to that point has done something pretty bad to you or to one of your allies. When you track him down and kill him, instead of the usual showdown he's just super confused and wants to know what he possibly could have done to deserve having his whole life burned down. It's a great, "man, maybe you're a bit of a monster" moment, but since it can happen at any random point it loses a lot of bite.

Or on the fun side, a few of the big story missions involve Lincoln just pretending to be a random black employee to sneak up to some racist idiot. One of the 3 big targets lets you do the usual lead-up, but then cuts you off with a "did you really think I wouldn't recognize you" moment. It's a fun little subversion if you were starting to laugh a little that a guy with prominent bullet scars is able to walk right up to people who are actively hunting for him. It was fun for me, but I imagine it didn't go over well if you happened to do his set of missions first.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah pretty much. i always thought Mafia 3 knocked it out of the park when it came to tackling racism and the 60s. the writers nailed the tone and the wording and dog whistles. like the "native son" radio program and stuff. plus it was fun game. the shooting was sharp and meaty as hell. it was also the closet to feeling like a Punisher game in a long time.

yeah its the repition, which works story wise and thematicaly but it kills the pacing a bunch. ok so each main target has 2 underboss types. you destroy and gently caress up each under bosses thing and then kill or turn the under boss. it works because of the whole MACV SOG type poo poo. slowly killing the big bads support and its fun for a while because i loved the gun play but its not for everyone.

Yea I enjoyed Mafia 3 but I also never finished it because the third cycle of 'break up the rackets of 2 underbosses doing similar missions that revolve around 'go here, break things', 'go here, kill a guy', or 'find a guy driving around and kill him', then go to one of the places you killed everyone before to kill the underboss, then do it again, then beat the boss boss, then have that fat irish bastard whine because even though you JUST GAVE HIM territory he's angry you gave some to someone else' made me go 'ok, bye'.

It's not a bad game by far but boy is it repetitive.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

business hammocks posted:

The red letter media skits are dire garbage. They’ve long since put the umbrella of that tired double-irony “bad on purpose look we’re winking this isn’t a genuine attempt to be funny isn’t that funny?” they use when they’re ashamed of something.

But I guess they’re afraid their mid-30s teen audience would be mad if they just spoke honestly about movies they had something to say about.

:thunk:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Some people don't like using the term man-child.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Ghostlight posted:

Some people don't like using the term man-child.

Which is a weird way to go as most of the reviewers posted here cater to man child as their key demos

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

CharlestheHammer posted:

Which is a weird way to go as most of the reviewers posted here cater to man child as their key demos

Nah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Well I mean they don’t believe that sure but it’s pretty obvious