Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

No major releases in the next few months I was looking forward to so I've been digging back into my ps1/2 collection for some more classics. Deep into Digital Devil Saga 2 -- just finished the return to the EGG Installation and need to head to an airport and good god...the narrative in this got wild. Bummed that serph doesnt get any AP to make up for being out of the party for a couple hours, and my sera seems like a pretty crappy 4th slot compared to how awesome Argilla was. I hope argilla returns...

Games I wanna play:

Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. The Soulless Army
Silent Hill 4: The Room
Ace Combat 0 (never got to finish this due to a scratched disc so I may see if emulation works ok)
Front Mission 4
Einhander
Disaster Report and sequels
Koudelka
Shadow Hearts

who knows what I'll wind up getting my hands on but, looking forward to another season of classic good poo poo. I also need to replace the laser on my PS2 since its starting to die, and whenever I get around to doing that I can load whatever off a hard drive and play stuff like Chain Dive and Siren 2 and such that never got US releases

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
You can get breath of fire dragon quarter for next to nothing and its great .. its a hidden gem cos of two reasons: the other breath of fire games arent really very good and the people who normally like breath of fire didnt like dragon quarter

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

I.N.R.I posted:

You can get breath of fire dragon quarter for next to nothing and its great .. its a hidden gem cos of two reasons: the other breath of fire games arent really very good and the people who normally like breath of fire didnt like dragon quarter

It’s one of the best games on PS2 imo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

Sweet, I'll check it out.

I'm at the airport in DD2, the only sidequests I've found so far was the 4 angels...anything else I'm missing? The way people are talking it seems like I'll be leaving this area for good soon.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

PS2 godlike supremacy

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

PS2 godlike supremacy

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Did you play the Raidou games OP

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Post your DDS updates here so I can relive the magic vicariously thru u

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I can stream it too probably

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Revisiting the EGG facility is some spoopy feels for sure

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i need to check out PS2 emulation with my new computer. last time i tried it, it kind of sucked. but this would be a good time to replay some classics.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

emulation can be great or lovely on a game to game basis I've found with PS2. Like Michigan Report From Hell ran like trash bc nobody cares about it but all the RE games and SMT games etc have fans who care enough to make plugins and stuff that make it all run picture perfect

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

missed out on the PS2 when it was big since I was a Gamecube kid, but it was a really incredible to dive into it a few years ago with games like nocturne, dds, and shadow of the colossus. ill need to check out dragon quarter sometime too, ive heard good things about it and it looks cool

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

Ween posted:

Did you play the Raidou games OP

oh hell yeah i need to play raidou too.. curse of too many good games that i want to play all at once

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Fiend Matador posted:

oh hell yeah i need to play raidou too.. curse of too many good games that i want to play all at once

I could be content with just ps2 library the rest of my life

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Easily, I still pop in Burnout 3 every couple weeks and it's still amazeballs

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I have a copy of Raidou im going to play once I finish DDS2 and somethign else, I try to break up JRPGs with other games so I dont burn out.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I love my Raidou Jack Frost doll that came w/the preorder

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

SKINNY JEANS CANT HOLD BACK THIS ARC
PS2 has Metal Gear Solid 3 and Gran Turismo 4, which are all you need in life.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I’m hoping to get my basement gaming den set up soon so I can play the PS2 RPG library I’ve accumulated over the past year.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

My PS2 won't turn on... Feels bad

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

thinking about god hand

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

*Mumbling in my sleep dreaming about PS2 RPGs* Nocturne... Shadow Hearts... Suikoden...

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i wonder if you can emulate baroque... i might try to play that insane shitpile again

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

sector_corrector posted:

i wonder if you can emulate baroque... i might try to play that insane shitpile again

That game is cool

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

an actual dog posted:

thinking about god hand

Still never played it and ashamed about it

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I hold up my ps2 like Kevin McCallister smells his pizza

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Lol

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lol

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Shadow Hearts is fantastic, OP, have you played it before?

PS2 is one of the greatest consoles of all time.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

If you have a CRT, you need to play Gitaroo Man. Likely the all-time best rhythm game.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

FactsAreUseless posted:

I got Shadow Hearts and Covenant and started a playthrough of the first game but got sidetracked. It’s cool though

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

No but I wanted to play koudelka first bc I have a inability to just play series from the middle.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

give the warriors a go if you haven't played that. that's one of Rockstars best (if not the best) games

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I played through it when they put it out on PS4. My second favorite rockstar game behind Table Tennis

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

No but I wanted to play koudelka first bc I have a inability to just play series from the middle.
That's not really how the series is set up. You have to play SH1 and 2 in order, but the rest stand alone. Koudelka only has a loose connection. But I've heard it's good anyway so I hope you like it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.twitch.tv/in_training streamin DDS2 till dinner.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I almost beat Michael on my first try and then he blasted my rear end into a new millennium of gods and demons. https://clips.twitch.tv/DeadMotionlessJackalLitFam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I have a page of gamer notes for all the angels in dds2. Great bosses

• Locked thread