Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

re incels, here's some stuff you'll wish you never read:

Just follow that post, there's talk about their ideas to lobotomize women and put in dog brains, etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

This is just viral marketing for Handmaid's Tale season 2, right?

Edit: I'm a hack. Someone made the same joke a few posts in.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Krankenstyle posted:

Just follow that post, there's talk about their ideas to lobotomize women and put in dog brains, etc

Tons of that poo poo in the GBS thread.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3849302&pagenumber=1

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Krankenstyle posted:

"Incels are a symptom of existing problems in society, and I think solving this issue with incels killing people involves looking at the root causes."

"Oh yeah, totall--"

"That problem is women are fake cunts, and we should forcibly control their sex lives and allow them to be raped by nerds if they have too much sex."

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I wanna say that rant seems like a troll, but incels really give meaning to Poe's Law.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

chitoryu12 posted:

"Incels are a symptom of existing problems in society, and I think solving this issue with incels killing people involves looking at the root causes."

"Oh yeah, totall--"

"That problem is women are fake cunts, and we should forcibly control their sex lives and allow them to be raped by nerds if they have too much sex."

It's insidious. It goes a long way to making the issue unsolvable, since the most effective approaches (all of which will involve "looking at the root causes") can now be conflated with misogyny.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Schwarzwald posted:

It's insidious. It goes a long way to making the issue unsolvable, since the most effective approaches (all of which will involve "looking at the root causes") can now be conflated with misogyny.

What?

What?!

In what world does confronting toxic masculinity or getting kids to be less hateful around issues of sex/identity/mental health/acceptance get conflated with misogyny?

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Electric Bugaloo posted:

What?

What?!

In what world does confronting toxic masculinity or getting kids to be less hateful around issues of sex/identity/mental health/acceptance get conflated with misogyny?

The screed Uncle Wemus provided, by making the (correct) observation that the incel issue has deep society causes and then immediately following that up by proposing a comically heinous system of state-mandated rape, is attempting to confuse matters in exactly that way.

It reads like it was purposely designed to cast doubt on anyone who does less than demonize the movement. (Which leads me to believe that Martman is right on the money.)

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Schwarzwald posted:

How clueless do you have to be to go from "women won't gently caress me" to "it's obviously their fault?"

The root cause is too many morons spending too much time online and not realizing that life doesn't work like fiction.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
There's a lot of discussion to be had over the actual cause, and a lot of it likely comes to capitalist alienation rendering many people essentially superfluous to society, toxic masculinity as the default upbringing for boys with no coherent alternatives, and suburban isolation, but I figured this thread is more to do with rich and powerful sexual predators rather than random losers on the internet.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Yeah, that was actually why I posted the incel quote as an actual quote so the incel talk could potentially continue in the Alt-Right thread where its more at home, biologically

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Electric Bugaloo posted:

so I guess being incel is now a bonafide terrorist motivator with two major incidents notched in North America in under a decade.

Not within the past decade, but let's not forget about the Ecole Polytechnique shooting. Terrorism by lovely virgins since 1989!

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

PT6A posted:

Not within the past decade, but let's not forget about the Ecole Polytechnique shooting. Terrorism by lovely virgins since 1989!

The movie "Polytechnique" by Denis Villeneuve is haunting

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
Im pretty sure isis and al qaeda were incel organizations at the end of the day.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
http://yournewswire.com/insider-bill-cosby-was-framed-to-prevent-him-buying-nbc/

bad day
Mar 26, 2012

by VideoGames

Is it still fake news if it’s patently ridiculous?

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

porfiria posted:

Im pretty sure isis and al qaeda were incel organizations at the end of the day.

Well ISIS did recruit by promising sex slaves to sad sack morons in the west who couldn't get laid any other way, so: yes. Yes they are.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

PT6A posted:

Well ISIS did recruit by promising sex slaves to sad sack morons in the west who couldn't get laid any other way, so: yes. Yes they are.

I'm convinced a lot of westerners joined the Kurdish militias for similar reasons, hoping they could score with YPJ members.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Carrying your ammo drums, the new carrying your printer?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Or joining the US armed forces and marrying a stripper.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
https://twitter.com/emrazz/status/989761714794082304

As you might expect the replies are a shitshow

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Bernardo Bertolucci Says Ridley Scott "Should Be Ashamed" for Replacing Kevin Spacey: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/bernardo-bertolucci-says-ridley-scott-should-be-ashamed-replacing-kevin-spacey-1106803

Well at least Bertolucci's lovely opinions are internally consistent.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

You can tell Bertolucci is from a different era, because most of his peers realise that they're at least ostensibly supposed to be ashamed of their actions.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Haha gently caress that dumb audience.

I like that the employment of a sexual predator is more important than a filmmaker actually sneaking his first choice back into a film.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
Hollywood Reporter: Ashley Judd Sues Harvey Weinstein for Sexual Harassment and Defamation

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Good. Weinstein’s done a good job of keeping a low profile, and in the public consciousness that’s the best defense, because the public consciousness is fickle. Anything to keep that scumbag’s dopey, bloated face in the headlines is worthwhile business. Doubly-so if it offers retribution for one of his victims, and further drains his net worth.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
https://twitter.com/AP/status/992107722379153408?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums.somethingawful.com%2F

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
https://twitter.com/THR/status/992113759907790848

Drugging and raping a child, not a big deal before this year. But sharing screeners.....

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Ego-bot posted:

https://twitter.com/THR/status/992113759907790848

Drugging and raping a child, not a big deal before this year. But sharing screeners.....

this dude is a cool as hell old man who got hosed by an rear end in a top hat and then taken by a bunch of equal-sized assholes. I say let him back in so he doesn't have to be in the company of a bunch of fuckin' creeps (because you know Cosby and Polanski won't be the last).

some proof, the final line of the article:

quote:

"I get screeners from SAG," he reveals. "Some, not as much as I got from the Academy." He nonchalantly adds, as his managers gasp, "I lend them to my neighbor."

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
I know this is a thread that tries to avoid speculation and sticks to things that are actually happening, but could we discuss people that it's surprising nothing has come out about? If not, that's cool. It's more than a little gossipy.

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001

After 40 years less than the bare minimum was done.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Snowman_McK posted:

I know this is a thread that tries to avoid speculation and sticks to things that are actually happening, but could we discuss people that it's surprising nothing has come out about? If not, that's cool. It's more than a little gossipy.

No. Last time this happened someone was suggesting Spielberg was a pedophile because of Hook or whatever. It’s unfair gossip.

Edit: unless you’re talking about Larry Clark. The most obvious pedo still allowed work

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

sponges posted:

No. Last time this happened someone was suggesting Spielberg was a pedophile because of Hook or whatever. It’s unfair gossip.

Edit: unless you’re talking about Larry Clark. The most obvious pedo still allowed work

Yeah, fair enough. I remember that really weird derail.

Larry Clark, if he is innocent, seems to be perpetually cosplaying as a guilty version of himself.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

sponges posted:

There was also that rambling article posted pages ago about the Aww Shucks celebrity that sexually assaulted people but there were no names and no other names have come up in forever so it was probably white noise

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I vaguely recall one guy who seems to have been abused by nearly everybody in Hollywood said the only people he could trust are Steven Spielberg and Michael Jackson. (oddly enough. I've mentioned that in retrospect, the latter seems maybe almost too obvious compared to the pattern we've seen of how easily the rich and famous can sexually abuse and get away with it, though that's a can of worms best not opened and no one has any proof)

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

LOL they booted a guy for screeners?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I vaguely recall one guy who seems to have been abused by nearly everybody in Hollywood said the only people he could trust are Steven Spielberg and Michael Jackson. (oddly enough. I've mentioned that in retrospect, the latter seems maybe almost too obvious compared to the pattern we've seen of how easily the rich and famous can sexually abuse and get away with it, though that's a can of worms best not opened and no one has any proof)

Actually in the late 2000's a documentary with interviews of almost all of his alleged victims came out and basically he definitely didn't do it and he was set up because while not a pedophile he was a desperately broken person and probably more than half insane so it was easy AF to make it work and he was so super rich and scared that he would frequently settle out of court immediately because whats 250K to Michael Jackson if people stop saying he touches little boys?

LOL

Harvey Weinstein: Serial Rapist
Bill Cosby: Serial Rapist
Roman Polanski: Serial Rapist
"I let my neighbor Judy watch Godfather 2 a month early because she watered my garden while I was shooting it"

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

Snowman_McK posted:

Yeah, fair enough. I remember that really weird derail.

Larry Clark, if he is innocent, seems to be perpetually cosplaying as a guilty version of himself.

I could believe lucas is one, just based on the character back story for indiana Jones that had him having sex with an 11-13 yo marian.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
rehabilitate carmine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Groovelord Neato posted:

LOL they booted a guy for screeners?

Always remember that they booted out a guy for showing people movies early before they booted out a guy who had to flee the country due to raping a kid.