Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DEMAG
Aug 14, 2003

You're it.

Boomer The Cannon posted:

NASCAR 2018: Some Random Amphetamine

Shits fucky when Denny may possibly be justified.

quote:

“Do you think there is a significant amount of drivers that take Adderall or some sort of ADD medicine.” – PFT

“Mmmmm, I would say yes” – A semi-reluctant Denny Hamlin

“You have to put a percentage on it, it’s the old Jose Canseco rule, you gotta be like 90% of NASCAR drivers do this. ” – Big Cat

“70%.” – Hamlin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

tater_salad posted:

edit.. WOW.. ~25% of the stands filled for Bristol.. that's just sad.

They've been giving away Bristol tickets here in NC for a few years at local grocery chains. Shot a big old golden goose with that track in general.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Boomer The Cannon posted:

NASCAR 2018: Some Random Amphetamine

:wow:

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

tater_salad posted:

Nascar 2018: [Loud Chanting] Drugs Drugs Drugs!

"Filled"? Not "empty"? :staredog:

\/e: I forgot it got rain-delayed to Monday. Makes (more) sense now.

Harveygod fucked around with this message at 21:13 on May 2, 2018

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things

Harveygod posted:

On Sunday or Monday though?

DEMAG
Aug 14, 2003

You're it.

Harveygod posted:

\/e: I forgot it got rain-delayed to Monday. Makes (more) sense now.

Rain/Snow. It was cold as poo poo which doesn't help either.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

tater_salad posted:

Nascar 2018: [Loud Chanting] Drugs Drugs Drugs!

Yea, it was a rainy day and anybody that would even think about going probably would assume the race wasn't going to happen. And even then they basically ran half the race on Sunday and half the race on Monday.

But... Nascar viewing audience is going to keep declining. So many issues with the broadcasts from the changing cameras every 10 seconds to having a billion lovely commercials.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Fix the TV product and you fix drat-near everything else.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Yea, it was a rainy day and anybody that would even think about going probably would assume the race wasn't going to happen. And even then they basically ran half the race on Sunday and half the race on Monday.

But... Nascar viewing audience is going to keep declining. So many issues with the broadcasts from the changing cameras every 10 seconds to having a billion lovely commercials.

Tickets sold not in teh stands.. 48k in a 169k stadium.. :wheelchairsmiley: Back in my day you had to go on a waiting list to go to bristol

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

tater_salad posted:

Tickets sold not in teh stands.. 48k in a 169k stadium.. :wheelchairsmiley: Back in my day you had to go on a waiting list to go to bristol

You probably didn't have to pay $100+ pet ticket though...

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Stop defending NASCAR guys.. the stands are emptier, the tv viewership is down..

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Saw that SRA won and was all happy for him, then saw the suspension and was like wtf.

Does he still post in the these threads at all? I wonder if he smokes weed and got busted for that, too bad his name isn't Dale Jr.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Saw that SRA won and was all happy for him, then saw the suspension and was like wtf.

Does he still post in the these threads at all? I wonder if he smokes weed and got busted for that, too bad his name isn't Dale Jr.

He hasn't posted in a while, but he got red texted as a result of the win.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

iospace posted:

He hasn't posted in a while, but he got red texted as a result of the win.

I don't think he's posted since

I miss him :(

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Harveygod posted:

I don't think he's posted since

I miss him :(

Was that before or after he got dumped by Austin Cindric at Mosport? That's the last post I remember seeing.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Old guys rule?

https://twitter.com/ASManess/status/991720119460970496

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I think it's more the older drivers at this point are the Johnson, KyBu, and Truex types. They're reliable race winners, whereas the rest of the field is getting younger because they can get smaller checks.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Yeah the guys who were young and good at that dip in the 90's/00's are old now. The young guys that weren't good are no longer in the sport. It looks like it's just a cycle.

dennyk
Jan 2, 2005

Cheese-Buyer's Remorse

CBJSprague24 posted:

Was that before or after he got dumped by Austin Cindric at Mosport? That's the last post I remember seeing.

Someone probably told him to quit posting on social media before he said something that might get him suspended... :cripes:

Incidentally, he did spend a lot of time in the Talladega infield after the race; are we sure it wasn't just a meth contact high that made him piss hot? :v:

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Like all goons that become famous. SRA has forgotten about our dead forum.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

dennyk posted:

Someone probably told him to quit posting on social media before he said something that might get him suspended... :cripes:

Yeah, this is pretty much it.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
what was he posting, "boy do I love doing dexxies"?

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

he posted in LF

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Move the thread to TCC and let's get some expert opinions on which drugs are the best for racing.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

Rent-A-Cop posted:

Move the thread to TCC and let's get some expert opinions on which drugs are the best for racing.

Holy poo poo let's do this until SRA's "Road to Whatever" is done.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

WOKE: Jeremy Mayfield
BROKE: Kevin Ward Jr.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Johnny Sauter will drive the 23 this weekend.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

shame on an IGA posted:

WOKE: Jeremy Mayfield
BROKE: Kevin Ward Jr.

lol

sum
Nov 15, 2010

i've recently unironically gotten into watching the nascar cup series for reasons i think have to do with the fact that i live in an old house with lead pipes. anyway who are the good and cool drivers to root for and which ones are the bad ones

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

sum posted:

i've recently unironically gotten into watching the nascar cup series for reasons i think have to do with the fact that i live in an old house with lead pipes. anyway who are the good and cool drivers to root for and which ones are the bad ones

Good and Cool Drivers: Not Kyle Busch

Bad Drivers: Kyle Busch

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

The hivemind's only entry condition is that you hate Kyle Busch.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Just don't like anyone in a Joe Gibbs car except Suarez and you're good.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

sum posted:

Cheer for Bubba. Wish death on Kyle Busch

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

WindyMan posted:

Good and Cool Drivers: Not Kyle Busch

Bad Drivers: Kyle Busch

This is incorrect.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Kyle owns gently caress the haters

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Ungratek posted:

Kyle owns gently caress the haters

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

Kyle Busch has a theme song and everyone hates him. He's basically the NY Mets of NASCAR. wait poo poo i'm supposed to be telling you why you should root for him uhh uhh

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

he drives the M&M's car phew saved it

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

You are a bad person if you like Kyle Busch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

KyBu is the Chris Laettner Shaq of NASCAR if Shaq entered a high school dunk contest every weekend

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 23:11 on May 4, 2018