Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Bina posted:

I kinda want to see Kameron own it.

also an acceptable outcome but it'd be a surprise. i think Kameron, Vixen and Aquaria might struggle the most, but all the queens this season could surprise. shady queens of s10 are pretty fantastic!

this season gets a big fat TOOT from me so far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

I can't stand how ugly Eureka is as a person and the edit is making me have a really loving visceral reaction towards the show, and it's upsetting me a lot because everybody else in this season, literally everybody else, is making me gag.

Let AS3 be just S10 minus Eureka.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Whalley posted:

I can't stand how ugly Eureka is as a person and the edit is making me have a really loving visceral reaction towards the show, and it's upsetting me a lot because everybody else in this season, literally everybody else, is making me gag.

Let AS3 be just S10 minus Eureka.

she's stepped up a lot in the last two weeks but as a firm member of the Irrational Eureka Anti-Fan Club god drat i am sick of body suits and that voice. she has to go

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

alf_pogs posted:

she's stepped up a lot in the last two weeks but as a firm member of the Irrational Eureka Anti-Fan Club god drat i am sick of body suits and that voice. she has to go

they never read her for being one note with her jokes or just constantly relying on that body aaaaaaaaa fffUCK

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

WHAT THE HECK IS THIS RUNWAY HAHAHA

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

:stare:

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

i'm sorry but they told Alex in advance that he had to say something fun about the Big Girl this is rigor morris

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

Today is a good day to save.

FUUUUUCK WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT MONIQUE

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

the gently caress just happened

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

well that fucken sucked. on the other hand, at least i've got another week to cheer on the Vixen as she wages holy war on Eureka

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

I cringed so hard at that failed cartwheel.

e: as someone who's been kinda bored by Aquaria's runways--they've been good but didn't feel like they were actually tailored to the theme at times--I really loved her oil spill mermaid look. That said, her Melania wasn't actually that funny to me, especially compared to Maya Angelou.

Stroop There It Is fucked around with this message at 02:42 on May 4, 2018

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

That episode hosed me up. So shocked to see Monique go home and not know the loving words! So disappointed in her! Goddamn!

warez
Mar 13, 2003

HOLA FANTA DONT CHA WANNA?
Oh lord. Did Eureka have any jokes outside of "I DREW A PICTURE!!" Aquaria did way better than I expected. Her runway was an outstanding take on this Gaga look too.

warez fucked around with this message at 03:12 on May 4, 2018

Raere
Dec 13, 2007

I got whiplash from Vixen's attitude change in Untucked

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene
Aquaria did so much better at Snatch Game than I expected.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

https://twitter.com/michcoll/status/992223961957232640

That episode has me shook.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
Oh Monique...... :smith:

I've been waiting for them to do a CRJ song...just wish Monique knew the loving words. Least Vixen turned it out.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Thank God Aquaria got the win. Loved the way she turned it out.

Monique was obviously shook as hell, and was also definitely wearing another made-in-the-last-30-minutes creation. I could tell that part of the reason she felt so defeated was that she could tell she would never manage to get the judges' approval given what she had brought and what she could realistically turn out in the time allotted. I actually thought she might have purposefully self-sabotaged but she really didn't know the words by all accounts. :sigh:

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Holy crap, I figured this would be Aquaria's week to go home but she destroyed. That Chyna/China gag was some quick loving thinking on her part. That was some S2 Tatiana poo poo. Miz Cracker (whose performance was 80% slumping) must have been furious.

I love pretty much everything about her (I too am filled with an unreasonable amount of anger) but Vixen's time is/was up. I'm surprised no one on the judging panel has yet to say "questionable taste level" yet.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Combed Thunderclap posted:

Thank God Aquaria got the win. Loved the way she turned it out.

Monique was obviously shook as hell, and was also definitely wearing another made-in-the-last-30-minutes creation. I could tell that part of the reason she felt so defeated was that she could tell she would never manage to get the judges' approval given what she had brought and what she could realistically turn out in the time allotted. I actually thought she might have purposefully self-sabotaged but she really didn't know the words by all accounts. :sigh:

Kameron and Cracker were fun in Untucked and it was interesting hearing them talk about how much money they spent preparing for the show, contrast that to Monique.

Eureka did fine but I still find her really one-dimensional. Loud + fat jokes, that's her shtick and while she's doing well it's wearing pretty thin for me.

Aquaria made a smart choice. She's socially awkward but aware of it, so she hams it up for the camera. It comes across as rather forced, but it worked fine in her Snatch. Her use of props was also smart given she might not have the funniest verbal quips but she managed the latter too.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

if anything, after this season Monique's coffers should runneth over. given her amazing talking heads, laugh and personality, she's also likely a shoe-in for an AS season. she'll destroy.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
holy poo poo, Vixen in Untucked is messy af, not a good look

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

what an absurd self-destruction from Monique. Not knowing the words is one thing, a wig removal for no reason is another, the abortive cartwheel yet another. All three in one week? real bummer.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

alf_pogs posted:

if anything, after this season Monique's coffers should runneth over. given her amazing talking heads, laugh and personality, she's also likely a shoe-in for an AS season. she'll destroy.

maybe I'm wrong but I think the earlier seasons of RPDR had a lot more construction / sewing challenges, it seems like the recent seasons are mostly prepared looks which really disadvantages queens who aren't already doing well financially

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
I liked the concept of aquarias runway, but the execution was weak. The breast plate wasn't glued down and it was just flapping around looking cheap. I don't get how they read vixens boobs but not hers. That said I was fine with her win.

I don't get the eureka hate. She's a bit of a motor mouth, but I get like that too when I'm feeling socially uncomfortable. You just start joking incessantly trying to get the awkwardness to stop.

I was all on board the vixen train til now, but that was just too much. She just shut down and wouldn't listen to a word anyone said. Accusing your friends of disloyalty because they said you plateaud in the mildest way possible is pretty nasty and she just didn't let anyone get a word in. She even came at girls who weren't on the drat stage.

Shame on Monique for not trying to learn the words.

Having Kate Upton judging a bunch of black gay men sure is a look, what with her vocal opposition to kneeling football players and her quiet support of Donald Trump. She looked lost and uncomfortable the whole time and she had non business being there.

Audra Mcdonald was a great judge. She should just stay for the rest of the season.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
I did love the irony of Vixen telling Eureka that she was too much and she should work on dialing it back when people tell her she's going off. i guess "the bear" is the only one allowed to be "just being myself".

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

jit bull transpile posted:

I don't get the eureka hate. She's a bit of a motor mouth, but I get like that too when I'm feeling socially uncomfortable. You just start joking incessantly trying to get the awkwardness to stop.

She's one note with her humor and looks and she talks a lot, plus was on season 9. It's been catsuits and fat jokes for a dozen episodes in a row, which gets old for some people.

Even her Snatch game was half fat jokes, she was eating/drinking the whole time and pulled out her belly. Yes that fits the character but we get it, you're proud of your size and like to joke about it. At this point it's boring and predictable.

edit: basically Eureka annoys me because she relies too much on volume (:v:) over substance

Pellisworth fucked around with this message at 08:03 on May 4, 2018

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I'm so glad Aquaria won, since I loved her SG and runway. Eureka was funny, but definitely picked an "easier" character that would let her be as obnoxious as possible.

I fully disagree with everything Vixen was saying, but I also can understand her Untucked meltdown, considering how she had gotten totally piled on minutes earlier. Glad the backstage staff panicked and got that video out to calm her down, lol.

Finally, I'm devastated that Monique is going home, as I haven't fallen in love with a queen like I have with her in a long time. I can't lie though, she was a complete trainwreck the whole episode, at least in terms of the competition. Still, even as she fell apart, everything coming out of her mouth was golden (minus SG :(). I can't wait for the bitch to get some money though, then nothing will stop the bitch from slaying AS4.

warez
Mar 13, 2003

The producers really picked an excellent episode to deploy the "who should go home" question. A reality competition staple and I eat it up every. time.

Giga Pet giveaway
Jun 28, 2008

You're Not Welcome?

warez posted:

The producers really picked an excellent episode to deploy the "who should go home" question. A reality competition staple and I eat it up every. time.

I lost my poo poo when Monet told Kameron everyone onstage had said her and she bought it with no hesitation because of the sincerity of the delivery (and some insecurity issues probs). Full on Latrice laugh.

Cafe Barbarian
Apr 22, 2016

There's one roulade I can't sing
That was ice cold. Aquaria definitely earned the win IMO this week although Monet was the strongest in Snatch Game. I think Monique could have sent Vixen home if she just had been prepared for the lip sync but that was just sad. The Maxine Waters was not good either. I thought Monique had a pretty fair shot of winning so it's hard to see her go and I will definitely miss the talking heads.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

This is simultaneously the best and worst Snatch Game and why is Mr Trebek here, Canada celebs repping hard this season.

episode's real good so far

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

thank you ru for finally acknowledging bette midler b/c none of your lame queens ever have !!!!!!!

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

:stare:

Was that the worst Snatch Game this show's ever had or what

I thought Aquaria deserved the win, but on a different season she probably wouldn't have won (could make top 3, though.) That said I loved her oily mermaid look, it was clever and well-done. Also Eureka should've gotten criticized for effectively copping out from answering any question, but whatever.

graynull posted:

I did love the irony of Vixen telling Eureka that she was too much and she should work on dialing it back when people tell her she's going off. i guess "the bear" is the only one allowed to be "just being myself".

Also this, I get where Vixen is coming from but it was a pot and kettle situation up there. Criticizing Eureka for "always having to have the last word" when she's doing the very same thing was not a good look.

There's a lot more defensiveness and insecurity this season, it's strange and uncomfortable.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

lmao answering the questions properly isn't the point of snatch game, eureka just having new doodles each time was great

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

also aquaria owned. and monet was equally excellent! kameron did okay for a hot sec but in general i just love that he did chyna lmao

Dear Prudence
Sep 3, 2012

Here's what I have to say about this bullshit Vixen/Eureka fued: gently caress the Vixen for banging the "that's who I am and I refuse to change" drum all god drat season and then having the motherfucking nerve to say Eureka needs to change because people find her loud. gently caress that dumb hypocritical bullshit. Eureka was funny as Honey Boo Boo and the fact that every week she's been doing better while Vixen has been doing worse has left Vixen a bitter bitch and she's lashing out over nothing.

And all you bitches who are still gorging yourselves on the Eureka hate train are just as bad as her. You don't have to like Eureka but at this point its just an unwillingness to give up your BEC and respect Eureka for her work.

I get the appeal of Vixen but I can not stand the hypocrisy. You don't get to be unashamed at your foibles and weaknesses and then turn around and tell someone else they need to change. gently caress. That.

And then how loving dare she go after the other girls and call them unloyal bitches. No. I'm over her bullshit. Done.

Aquaria deserved the win, her Melania was hilarious.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I can get people not liking Eureka's personality or w/e (I've liked her since S9 tbf), but acting like she hasn't slayed the past three weeks is just silly af.

e: also i love how eureka was like the one girl to not name the vixen but still got the brunt of her anger lmfao

esperterra fucked around with this message at 10:27 on May 4, 2018

seizure later
Apr 18, 2007
Eureka seemingly gets praised for mediocrity (always a body suit, always a hair loaf, always the same loving makeup) and is probably a contender for being the most one note contestant in Drag Race history. you can like Eureka all you want but if multiple people, and going by twitter reactions to the season it's a lil more than just a few, are confused as to why she continuously gets overpraised, then maybe they have a point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

warez
Mar 13, 2003

blizzardvizard posted:

There's a lot more defensiveness and insecurity this season, it's strange and uncomfortable.

I think with some time and distance it's easy to recognize things like Shangela vs. The Heathers or Phi Phi vs. (the entire cast of S4) as really entertaining TV, but a lot of the early seasons had a very similar "it's almost uncomfortable to watch this unfold" feeling for me too. It's unexpected to have people outright fighting on the main stage again but I'm not mad at it.

blizzardvizard posted:

Was that the worst Snatch Game this show's ever had or what

Season 8 is still the bottom of the pile for me.

warez fucked around with this message at 11:02 on May 4, 2018

• Locked thread