Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I want to kiss Octavia on the lips. That fight scene was brutal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
I rewatched the episode and here’s a few interesting things to think about :

1. I looked up the timeline and supposedly season 1-4 take place over less than one year :stare:. This says S1 started in September 2149 and s4 January 2150. Praimfaya supposedly happens April 2150.

2. Octavia has now ruled for 6 years. She has literally spent more time among the grounders/bunker crew than she has known Clark and everyone else outside the bunker except for Bellamy.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Boris Galerkin posted:

I rewatched the episode and here’s a few interesting things to think about :

1. I looked up the timeline and supposedly season 1-4 take place over less than one year :stare:. This says S1 started in September 2149 and s4 January 2150. Praimfaya supposedly happens April 2150.

2. Octavia has now ruled for 6 years. She has literally spent more time among the grounders/bunker crew than she has known Clark and everyone else outside the bunker except for Bellamy.

Yep! I know I've brought up the timeline a few times, figured it was under a year or juuust barely over one with the couple few month skips they had.

Must be a relief playing their own ages now instead of eternally 18.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

esperterra posted:

Yep! I know I've brought up the timeline a few times, figured it was under a year or juuust barely over one with the couple few month skips they had.

Must be a relief playing their own ages now instead of eternally 18.

Clarke’s actor is 28 and Octavia’s 31. Bellamy’s 33. Still a bit younger than their own ages :v:. It looks like Murphy’s actor is the youngest one at 26 so he’s kinda close I guess.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Well closer to their own ages lol.

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

Yessssss this was what I needed. Octavia's been growing on me a lot since the Enclave episode. They are doing such a good job developing her character. She's becoming less impulsive and hardheaded and developing key leadership skills. The alternative to trial by combat would have just been executing everyone on trial. This way, at least one person has a chance to walk away, and it probably also appealed to many of the Grounders who might have still been doubting her up to that point.

Also, I think the show is pulling off bottle episodes pretty well.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Its amazing that those people who built the bunker prepared for everything but never considered the possibility that a nuclear apocalypse could make that huge rear end building collapse above the one and only entrance

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Elias_Maluco posted:

Its amazing that those people who built the bunker prepared for everything but never considered the possibility that a nuclear apocalypse could make that huge rear end building collapse above the one and only entrance

A big part of the reason why this show owns is how hilariously nearsighted or bizarre a lot of the plot setups end up being. Like, yeah, I guess we shouldn't have built all of our nuclear reactors to simultaneously explode and unleash a planet-cleansing wave if left unattended for too long, huh? Whoopsie!

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Vermain posted:

A big part of the reason why this show owns is how hilariously nearsighted or bizarre a lot of the plot setups end up being. Like, yeah, I guess we shouldn't have built all of our nuclear reactors to simultaneously explode and unleash a planet-cleansing wave if left unattended for too long, huh? Whoopsie!

Well to be fair nobody could have predicted "prymefaya" because it doesnt makes any sense to begin with

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Elias_Maluco posted:

well that building did survive one nuclear apocalypse pretty well, it just wasn't up to a second one a hundred years later

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

zeal posted:

well that building did survive one nuclear apocalypse pretty well, it just wasn't up to a second one a hundred years later

Fair enough

I guess it all boils down to nobody but ALIE being able to predict that all nuclear plants in the world would fail at the same time and cause global waves of fire

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

They must've thought buildings got better with time like a fine, aged wine?

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
ALIE didn't even really predict the praimfaya (love that word) too far out, she just detected the first nuclear plant cook-offs and did the math

she would've been powerless to do anything about it too if Jaha descending from the ring hadn't given her a source of juice to go mobile with

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Also ALIE's plan was pretty stupid too. Ok everyone is uploaded and living in the virtual world on the space station but their bodies are dust because they were on the planet. Now what?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Live eternally in cyber Utopia aka Vancouver, clearly.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
from what Jasper said and did cyber-Vancouver was really nice. he had a dang triple-scoop strawberry ice cream cone when Clarke spied him there

and i expect ALIE's longer-term plan lay along the lines of using facilities at the island or in space to vat-grow a fresh human race after the praimfaya, one where everyone gets the Key at birth. for all we know taking the Key uploaded each citizen's genetic code along with their minds to the City of Light, it might've been possible for ALIE to place everyone who joined in new, perfected versions of their old bodies if they liked.

then Clarke ruined it all, naturally

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Clarke immediately shooting and eating the first living things she comes across after the apocalypse perfectly sums up her character.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm frankly astonished a human child survived six years alone with her, nightblood or not

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
Mods please rename thread to The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > The TV IV > The 100 - You are wonkru, or you are the enemy of wonkru

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Dalael posted:

Mods please rename thread to The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > The TV IV > The 100 - I want to kiss Octavia on the lips

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I still kinda prefer Juancru because it makes no sense

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

zeal posted:

i'm frankly astonished a human child survived six years alone with her, nightblood or not

Children are all gristle.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Clarke never misses an opportunity to instill her ruthless bloodthirst into another human heart. Remember, Maddie: it's perfectly normal to blow the brains out of a disarmed, wounded man.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Vermain posted:

Clarke never misses an opportunity to instill her ruthless bloodthirst into another human heart. Remember, Maddie: it's perfectly normal to blow the brains out of a disarmed, wounded man.

"There are no good guys" - Ghengis Clarke.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Vermain posted:

Wanheda must teach her young to hunt.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
oktavia blodreina gonna show clarke who the real Khan of Khans is

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Finally caught up. Oh yeah, this show is back on it's groove alright.

Gaj
Apr 30, 2006

zeal posted:

oktavia blodreina gonna show clarke who the real Khan of Khans is

Clark will establish dominance by consuming her own child, live, head first like a mantis.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kind of interesting how they went out of their way in this week's episode to address why the Ark would float corpses instead of recycling them.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

muscles like this! posted:

Kind of interesting how they went out of their way in this week's episode to address why the Ark would float corpses instead of recycling them.

Even in space, we are full piss and vinegar.

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

muscles like this! posted:

I liked it from a storytelling point of view, but that's a awful lot of biomass to discard when you need every gram and calorie....

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

It would take more energy to burn the bodies for energy and there’s the danger of catching some incurable disease from eating other humans.

Plus I’m not even sure if they’d have a full-on kitchen in a space station where all the food is probably powdered.

Also they’re probably all vegetarians up on the Ark anyway cause there’s literally no reason for them to have brought meat up with them. It’s one of those things I really don’t understand about the people on the show Doomsday Preppers (well, other than the whole prepper thing): you see them stashing hundreds of pounds of meat in a freezer or raising animals for “in case the United States falls.” Like at that point I think you’d have more to worry about than which cut of steak you want tonight.

Besides how much meat does an average human provide anyway?

I’m okay with them not being cannibals.

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Boris Galerkin posted:

It would take more energy to burn the bodies for energy and there’s the danger of catching some incurable disease from eating other humans.

Plus I’m not even sure if they’d have a full-on kitchen in a space station where all the food is probably powdered.

Also they’re probably all vegetarians up on the Ark anyway cause there’s literally no reason for them to have brought meat up with them. It’s one of those things I really don’t understand about the people on the show Doomsday Preppers (well, other than the whole prepper thing): you see them stashing hundreds of pounds of meat in a freezer or raising animals for “in case the United States falls.” Like at that point I think you’d have more to worry about than which cut of steak you want tonight.

Besides how much meat does an average human provide anyway?

I’m okay with them not being cannibals.

I was thinking not in a literal "eat the dead" sense, but more in a "it is every citizen's final duty to go into the tanks" way. More fertilizer for the hydroponics beds and whatnot....

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There's no way the Grounders in the bunker are not eating the dead.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I don't know if the Ark was vegetarian because as soon as they got to the ground they started hunting animals for meat.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
i doubt they're eating the meat outside of ceremonial purposes, which is fine by me honestly

but i'd be astonished if the bodies aren't becoming fertilizer or getting used to grow mushrooms like on The Expanse

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Yay it's renewed for season 6!

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

yasssssssssss

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
i wonder what the big terrible crisis of season 6 will be

my money's on zombies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

zeal posted:

i wonder what the big terrible crisis of season 6 will be

my money's on zombies

Aliens! That the space prisoners were escaping from.

• Locked thread