Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Not gonna lie though, I'm a tad disappointed by the post credit tease tbh It's super rad to get that Captain Marvel tease, but I feel like it should been a little more to it

Spoiler speculation for the post credit tease of Avengers 4 when it comes out Since Disney has Sony, what are the chances we get a tease for X-Men getting introduced to the MCU at the end of Avengers 4?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I mean the good news is it's not really a traditional date. I know it's gonna go very well. Thanks though. :)

So without spoilers please, though I know IW will hurt me because I love the current crop so much, does it do a good job of making the future seem bright for awesomeness in the MCU?

Thanos kills Batman

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

OldTennisCourt posted:

Spoiler speculation for the post credit tease of Avengers 4 when it comes out Since Disney has Sony, what are the chances we get a tease for X-Men getting introduced to the MCU at the end of Avengers 4?

I'm still hoping the mess with the FF is sorted out by then and they tease Doom.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I'm straight putting my market down for Avengers 4's post credits to be some dudes overseeing an unseen construction project, commenting on how intense it is and how much extra stuff there is and all, then someone asks what is it a SHIELD base or something and a pan over to whoever the gently caress they've press-ganged into being Professor X for these movies in front of a half built mansion all 'no...a school'. They're totally gonna try to make 'we finally have the loving X-Men guys' an epic thing.

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams

OldTennisCourt posted:

Unlikely because the Disney/Fox deal won’t close until after Avengers 4 even if it passes regulators.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Thanos kills Batman

YOU JERK

(I did see a "Thanos kills a certain character" spoiler that's actually plausible and fits in with a theory I have for phase 4 though, but it was the day before so I'm not sure if it was legit.)

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
personally i've never had sex with a prostitute, and i only ever really cared about the x-men and i think the iron man and the captain america are jabronis

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Auritech posted:

even if it passes regulators.

Regulator: We have serious monopoly concerns.
Disney: We can have Galactus fight Wolverine in Avengers Tower while Mr. Fantastic and Spider-Man travel the negative zone in search of the Ultimate Nullifier
Regulator: .....fuccccccck.....

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
What a plot twist if the regulators turn out to be the Living Tribunal?!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Thanos kills Batman

"Who could have known that Thanos was actually Darkseid all along?"
A single, angry DC fan quickly and smugly raises his hand

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Jerusalem posted:

Jack Kirby's ghost, angrily shaking his fist for all time

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

coconono posted:

Anime is cool but have you tried Toku? You know like that Power Rangers and Ultraman poo poo? Its a wild ride, especially when you start thinking about the societal messages it reflects and amplifies.

I'm currently watching Metalder, a show about a WW2 robot patterned after a scientist's dead military son. Japan surrendered and Metalder was never deployed, and the project was so wild everyone including the Americans, happily forgot about it. So its not until present day(the 1980s) Metalder surfaces and starts taking the fight to bad guy, God Neros(dude looks like Super Saiyin version of Donald Trump). The 1980s japanese disco synthpop aesthetics are on full display woven in among stories about people and their places in society.

Agreed, Tokusatsu is great, here's some recommendations that are easily streamed;

Amazon Prime Video
Amazon Riders

Crunchyroll
Ultraman Mebius
Ultraman Geed

Shout Factory TV
Kyoryu Sentai Zyuranger
Gosei Sentai Dairanger
Ninja Sentai Kakuranger
Chouriki Sentai Ohranger
Denji Sentai Megaranger

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Before IW there was a trailer for Venom and man I have no loving clue how that movie is even gonna work.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Is FLCL streamed in its entirety anywhere?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Venom loving sucks

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I saw Avengers tonight and it was really good but what's more important is that I found out my Nintendo Switch will fit in my pocket

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Before the movie I messed around on one of those machines that you can win stuff on and managed to win a brand new 3ds xl so that owned

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

drrockso20 posted:

Agreed, Tokusatsu is great, here's some recommendations that are easily streamed;

Amazon Prime Video
Amazon Riders

Crunchyroll
Ultraman Mebius
Ultraman Geed

Shout Factory TV
Kyoryu Sentai Zyuranger
Gosei Sentai Dairanger
Ninja Sentai Kakuranger
Chouriki Sentai Ohranger
Denji Sentai Megaranger

Amazon Riders is a must watch if you love wild blood fests, easily one of my faves of the Kamen Rider genre. While Amazons will most definitely be the last of the grittier Kamen Riders, it easily hits all the notes the other shows were trying to get. Body dysmorphia, rampant corporate greed, and transhumanism all jammed together in a bloody action story.

Great stuff.

Kamen Rider W is cool too, whoever said that is cool.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Jerusalem posted:

I'm still hoping the mess with the FF is sorted out by then and they tease Doom.
From what I understand from Feige (granted he lies a lot since marketing and all that), after Avengers 4 there are going to be no more Marvel movies like it in terms of scope and from then on we'll get more movies like Ragnarok where its fun smaller scale crossovers.

I'm actually pretty pumped for Ant-man and the Wasp because I feel Antman is pretty underrated in terms of the MCU

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Semi related, but this Celine Dion Deadpool song is good as hell

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

TV Zombie posted:

Is FLCL streamed in its entirety anywhere?

Hulu has it, but not the dubbed version

coconono posted:

Amazon Riders is a must watch if you love wild blood fests, easily one of my faves of the Kamen Rider genre. While Amazons will most definitely be the last of the grittier Kamen Riders, it easily hits all the notes the other shows were trying to get. Body dysmorphia, rampant corporate greed, and transhumanism all jammed together in a bloody action story.

Great stuff.

Kamen Rider W is cool too, whoever said that is cool.

Agreed

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

So without spoilers please, though I know IW will hurt me because I love the current crop so much, does it do a good job of making the future seem bright for awesomeness in the MCU?

Tell you this much, when the movie ended I had the absolute hugest grin on my face.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Foochs watch the Thanos movie it's good

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Big time spoiler here, Batista is good

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

I was going to see Avengers this weekend but instead I am going to a funeral of a long time family friend :smith:

Cancer is a loving rear end in a top hat.

Hopefully I'll get to see the big dumb glorious action movie soon!

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Foochs watch the Thanos movie it's good

I'm gonna do it soon I swear.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
After being lukewarm on his solo movie I wasn't expecting to like Strange as much as I did in IW

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I just have to say thank you for this thread because I'm not saying there's not a place for stuff like the KSA thread (it's a valuable discussion to have) or to rag on each other but it's nice to have at least one thread that's just us being guys and gals shooting the poo poo who tend to have a fair bit in common rather than being so divisive and argumentative all the time. It's nice. :unsmith:

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Big time spoiler here, Batista is good

Batista was always good

Batista can never not be good

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

achillesforever6 posted:

I'm actually pretty pumped for Ant-man and the Wasp because I feel Antman is pretty underrated in terms of the MCU

I really enjoyed Antman and the trailer for the new one looks like a shitload of fun. Also it looks like it's going to be largely detached from the wider Marvel stuff going on which is actually a bit of a relief, though I expect a post-credits teaser that ties into IW to happen.

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Semi related, but this Celine Dion Deadpool song is good as hell

The video is loving great, Deadpool got moves!

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Brolin’s turn as Thanos makes me really excited to see him in a few weeks as goddamn Cable.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Infinity War sounds like it brings the sads. I don't like the sads.
I was ok with the sads in Rogue One, mainly because I only had a bare minimum of attachment to any of the characters.

Also, I keep picking fights I can't win in Pillars of Eternity.
I'm level 14. I'm embarrassed.
I think I'll just do the story content and leave Concealhaut and the Dragons alone.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

ChrisBTY posted:

I think I'll just do the story content and leave Concealhaut and the Dragons alone.

I didn't realize the first guy behind your spoiler tag was intended to be faced at max level. I fought him at level 11 and reloaded so many times struggling to deal with him and all the adds, and got a little further each time till I finally hit a wall. Finally I gave up, headed out and did the rest of the expansion. I came back at max level and just completely steamrolled him and goddamn was it satisfying.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I just have to say thank you for this thread because I'm not saying there's not a place for stuff like the KSA thread (it's a valuable discussion to have) or to rag on each other but it's nice to have at least one thread that's just us being guys and gals shooting the poo poo who tend to have a fair bit in common rather than being so divisive and argumentative all the time. It's nice. :unsmith:

Same here. I think a lot of us get too caught up in ironyposting/shitposting (guilty as charged) when talking about an inherently absurd thing like pro wrestling, so it's great to have a thread where we can just chill and have some neat conversations about different things.

I mentioned mowing my lawn the other day, but we're still trying to get it under control because this poo poo grows like a Chia Pet during Washington spring rains, and the last time ended up being kind of a mess with the grass too thick and wet for a decent cut. So now that we're in a rare dry spell I went over it again yesterday as kind of a Phase 2, with lower blades, a different pattern, and emptying the bag more regularly, and it came out much better than before.

Now it almost looks as good as the neighbors' yards (most of them -- there's this one neighbor that insists on making their yard look like a golf course and it makes everyone else look bad, but whatever, not a contest) and I wanna keep it that way. Look at Benne here trying to be an honest-to-God landscaper.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Dangerous Person posted:

I saw Avengers tonight and it was really good but what's more important is that I found out my Nintendo Switch will fit in my pocket

You're either a giant or you found the last palette of JNCOs in a warehouse somewhere.

Jerusalem posted:

Its me and Jack Kirby's ghost which, coincidentally, is gonna be a new series. We're gonna solve mysteries!

Like the mystery of what happened to his missing royalty checks.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So after 13+ years of being a loving idiot my dad finally got fed up with me and told me to gently caress off.

I have to look for a place to live so i guess i have to stop the " being a loving idiot" part or drink myself to death on the new place? idk

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

That sucks, sorry dude. :(

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Commissar Ken posted:

Like the mystery of what happened to his missing royalty checks.

Stan Lee: This isn't a mystery!

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jerusalem posted:

That sucks, sorry dude. :(

im sorry about my dad, he is such a nice dude and dont deserve such a gently caress up like me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Jerusalem posted:

I really enjoyed Antman and the trailer for the new one looks like a shitload of fun. Also it looks like it's going to be largely detached from the wider Marvel stuff going on which is actually a bit of a relief, though I expect a post-credits teaser that ties into IW to happen.
It helps that it is set right after Civil War

Benne posted:

After being lukewarm on his solo movie I wasn't expecting to like Strange as much as I did in IW
I think that is the nature of origin films especially when said origin is kind of boilerplate like Strange's, helps in this movie he is more of a sorcerer than in his movie where all the magic people did was throw invisible spears at each other.