Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Hickman's Infinity was pretty cool and was only diminished by the fact that Marvel doesn't know when to stop expanding, so unless you read a billion tie-ins, there were some noticeable gaps in the story, like how Dr. Strange's entire "I'm going to sell my soul for power" subplot leads to absolutely nothing.

I'd still recommend reading the Avengers + Secret Avengers + Infinity arc if you have like $50 to spare on Comixology.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

GrandpaPants posted:

Hickman's Infinity was pretty cool and was only diminished by the fact that Marvel doesn't know when to stop expanding, so unless you read a billion tie-ins, there were some noticeable gaps in the story, like how Dr. Strange's entire "I'm going to sell my soul for power" subplot leads to absolutely nothing.

I'd still recommend reading the Avengers + Secret Avengers + Infinity arc if you have like $50 to spare on Comixology.

It was New Avengers rather than Secret, no? Or am I misremembering

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Oh you're right, it was New. I just assumed it was Secret since, well, they were doing secret shady genocidal things.

Here's the reading order if anyone is interested. It's, uh, yeah:

http://www.howtolovecomics.com/2015/04/06/jonathan-hickman-avengers-reading-guide/

I have no idea what the hell happened between New Avengers 4 and Time Runs out, but uh, it was a lot. All the interesting stuff happens by New Avengers 4, though, and the rest just feels kinda meh, but maybe I was disoriented by all the major changes that went unexplained and I couldn't be assed to find out about (e.g., Captain being old and cranky, Thor losing Mjolnir, etc.)

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I am glad the consensus is that Kopi Luwak is just literal and figurative poo poo coffee because I don’t want to live in a world where people think drinking coffee made from beans that messily erupted out of a cat's hot anus a rare delicacy everyone should experience

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

quote:

MAY SCHEDULE

Say what? The Schedule, in advance?! It's the least we could do! By subscribing to this newsletter you get a sneak peak at what we're putting out in May:

Episode 354 — The Bucket List

Episode 355 — Dollman

Episode 356 — X-Files: I Want to Believe

Episode 357 — Witless Protection

Episode 358 — X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Patreon Episodes:

Animation Damnation — The Boss Baby: Back in Business: "The Constipation Situation" (s1, e6)

The Nexus — TOS: "Tomorrow is Yesterday" (s1, e19) & TNG: "Heart of Glory" (s1, e18)

Patreon Bonus Episode for May — Transcendence

Oh man, I had blocked I Want To Believe out of my memories. GOD what a piece of poo poo that was.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 20:39 on May 8, 2018

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

AceOfFlames posted:

Oh man, I had blocked out I Want To Believe out of my memories. GOD what a piece of poo poo that was.

I had to go to Wikipedia because I could not bring myself to believe that the title wasn't a joke for the Boss Baby episodes. My god . . .

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
I have no idea what dollman is but I've heard them reference it in awed tones and I'm interested

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

AceOfFlames posted:

Oh man, I had blocked out I Want To Believe out of my memories. GOD what a piece of poo poo that was.

I remember liking it when I saw it in theaters. It's giving me the ol' :psyduck: that it's already been 10 years since then and X-Men Origins: Wolverine though.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
I rewatched all of the X-files about a year back before the new episodes came out and I still can't remember what the gently caress happens in I want to believe. Xibit is there with a pedophile priest and something about Russian dog heads I think?

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Pops Mgee posted:

I rewatched all of the X-files about a year back before the new episodes came out and I still can't remember what the gently caress happens in I want to believe. Xibit is there with a pedophile priest and something about Russian dog heads I think?

Not dog heads, just regular heads. Xzibit and pedophile priest Billy Connolly were there though.

The reason why you hardly remember that movie is because NOTHING HAPPENS IN IT. I wouldn't be surprised if we end up with another Ultraviolet style ep since so little happens in that movie besides Mulder and Scully repeating the same discussion about "Is this real or not" and "Not giving up" over and over.

Only other things I remember was Amanda Peet's hilarious death by elevator shaft, Mulder and Scully staring at a portrait of George W. Bush while the X-Files theme plays and Xzibit bursting into a room yelling "DOWN ON THE FLOOR! DOWN ON THE FLOOR! EVERYBODY GET DOWN ON THE FLOOR" as if he was suddenly recording a new track.

Iron Crowned posted:

I remember liking it when I saw it in theaters.

I saw that movie in the theater for free and I STILL felt cheated.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 19:51 on May 4, 2018

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Low Desert Punk posted:

I have no idea what dollman is but I've heard them reference it in awed tones and I'm interested

Oh man, are you in for a treat.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Calaveron posted:

I am glad the consensus is that Kopi Luwak is just literal and figurative poo poo coffee because I don’t want to live in a world where people think drinking coffee made from beans that messily erupted out of a cat's hot anus a rare delicacy everyone should experience

You can get little packs of it at the Jakarta airport. It was fine.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

GoutPatrol posted:

You can get little packs of it at the Jakarta airport. It was fine.

Yeah, it's actually pretty good. Cat digestive acids basically removed all the bitter aftertaste and left nothing but the coffee flavor. Would drink poop again.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
So

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
You drank cat poo poo coffee

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Calaveron posted:

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
Anyone who doesn't follow the podcast on twitter is missing out on a ton of You Gotta Do It movie posters

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Calaveron posted:

It's really more of a mongoose.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

A civet to be precise.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

/

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

You really didn't have to do it :negative:

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

You really didn't have to do it :negative:

But you gotta.

admataY
Oct 16, 2008
Is dollman made by the people behind bee movie ?
I think about giving it a watch in preparation for this week's episode but I worry about what i might find

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
It's Saturday, I have a lot of beer and am watching the emoji movie, kill me

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Like this feels like that Simpsons Pixar parody about playing cards
It's like that gross grocery store food Seth Rogen movie except played in earnest

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Andorra posted:

Anyone who doesn't follow the podcast on twitter is missing out on a ton of You Gotta Do It movie posters

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Like Patrick Stewart isn’t even hamming it up, he’s talking at like normal human tones, won’t even register on the hamometer

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

My bones have been chilled.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

:whitewater:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Oh. Oh no. OH NOOOOOO

BIG CITY LAWYER
Sep 15, 2004

I believe it was the great American painter Bob Ross who said, "The key to a swollen vagina is... courage."
I'm trying to watch dollman but I'm sober and it's a Sunday night and I'm alone so it's rough going

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

tfw you check out a trailer for a movie you've never heard of but come to the slow realization that you've already seen it = how drunk we must've been watching Dollman

super looking forward to that episode!

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

flesh dance posted:

tfw you check out a trailer for a movie you've never heard of but come to the slow realization that you've already seen it = how drunk we must've been watching Dollman

super looking forward to that episode!

You know, I once got really really hammered prior to a viewing of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre and kept going in and out of consciousness as it was on. That was an experience.

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

Ugh, the same except it was Troll 2 laying on a fake leather couch in my friend's 100 degree apartment after two beers

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.

flesh dance posted:

Ugh, the same except it was Troll 2 laying on a fake leather couch in my friend's 100 degree apartment after two beers

I'm surprised you're not still stuck to that couch.

Duckula
Aug 31, 2001

do not resuscitate

Dollman is a relevation and sent me down a rabbit hole of Full Moon movies including Dollman vs Demonic Toys, Arcade (featuring John De Lancie fresh off TNG) and Trancers.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

flesh dance posted:

I did that back in February, except it was about 70 degrees on my cloth couch, and half a bottle of tequila. All I can say is that the Comet Sub-Channel is amazing for that, as my most recent viewing of Mac and Me was under similar circumstances

Duckula posted:

Dollman is a relevation and sent me down a rabbit hole of Full Moon movies including Dollman vs Demonic Toys, Arcade (featuring John De Lancie fresh off TNG) and Trancers.

All throughout high school, my friend was insistent on a rare movie, called Puppet Master vs. Killer Clown. Eventually I figured out that it was Dollman vs. Demonic Toys. A couple of years later, Puppet Master vs. Demonic Toys blinked into existence :psyduck:

Strangely, despite all of that I haven't seen either of them yet.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
I generally agree with their views on INFINITY WAR but there were a couple of spots where I thought come on guys, get your thinking cap on. The most obvious was the Hulk being a petulant child thing, which is clearly a result of the opening fight and the second is..

Why does Spider-Man get a longer death scene? Well he feels it coming before it happens, which is the advantage he gets over the others. Though you know he's coming back that was arguably the only character death that worked for me mainly because of how Holland plays it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

You know, I once got really really hammered prior to a viewing of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre and kept going in and out of consciousness as it was on. That was an experience.

This was how I first saw The Room